4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
Using AI-generated stuff would be the very last thing I'll try. I don't like the idea of soulless art.
... I'm not saying you should play AI music at a concert or release an album with it. Muzak is generic background music whether it's played by someone or generated by an LLM. It's not "art" either way. It's derivative by definition. But you do you.

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

the more paths you play, the more you enjoy the story.

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

I just did it! UPDATED TO 0.63 now!!!

enjoy!

Err? Where is the attachment? I do not seem to see it there?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Using AI-generated stuff would be the very last thing I'll try. I don't like the idea of soulless art.
Not to mention AI-generated "art" (music, visual, writing, etc.) is just another word for plagiarism. Sure, they are plagiarizing hundreds of different artists at the same time, but it is still just plagiarism. Some of the examples are just egregious.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
... I'm not saying you should play AI music at a concert or release an album with it. Muzak is generic background music whether it's played by someone or generated by an LLM. It's not "art" either way. It's derivative by definition. But you do you.
Muzak is a company who hires a lot of very talented artists. I had a music theory teacher who had a side gig writing arrangements for Muzak. This is a guy who would spend his spare time transcribing big band arrangements by ear on the first or second listen, so Muzak would send him the tune and the instrumentation they wanted, and he would write up an arrangement for them in 10-20 minutes, and get $500 for it back in the nineties. The results may be lame, but that's just because it is meant to be background music - they don't actually want to draw your attention. But the guys who do the work are very skilled. My teacher wrote big band arrangements which were so good the union musicians in his band would do rehearsals for free. That NEVER happens. His Muzak work was boring because that was the goal. Even music as boring as Muzak requires skill to make correctly.

KRATOS7104

Aug 17, 2023
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

enjoy!
was the link removed?

Reactions: Cyryt

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
Muzak is a company who hires a lot of very talented artists. I had a music theory teacher who had a side gig writing arrangements for Muzak. This is a guy who would spend his spare time transcribing big band arrangements by ear on the first or second listen, so Muzak would send him the tune and the instrumentation they wanted, and he would write up an arrangement for them in 10-20 minutes, and get $500 for it back in the nineties. The results may be lame, but that's just because it is meant to be background music - they don't actually want to draw your attention. But the guys who do the work are very skilled. My teacher wrote big band arrangements which were so good the union musicians in his band would do rehearsals for free. That NEVER happens. His Muzak work was boring because that was the goal. Even music as boring as Muzak requires skill to make correctly.
Not saying they're not skilled. It's just not what I'd call art.

We also used to also make every piece of clothing by hand and I'm sure many people were very skilled. Then came the Industrial Revolution and textiles started being mass manufactured because it was order of magnitudes more productive to do so. You can still buy handmade shoes today. They are amazing. Doesn't mean you should look down on T-Shirts and say "[this] machine-generated stuff would be the very last thing I'll try"

Don't get mad, get paid.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Not to mention AI-generated "art" (music, visual, writing, etc.) is just another word for plagiarism. Sure, they are plagiarizing hundreds of different artists at the same time, but it is still just plagiarism. Some of the examples are just egregious.
That's just stupid. Do you really think after more 2500 years of culture, and tens of billions dead people, totally new ideas created every day?

• Angry
Reactions: Lightaces

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Not saying they're not skilled. It's just not what I'd call art.

We also used to also make every piece of clothing by hand and I'm sure many people were very skilled. Then came the Industrial Revolution and textiles started being mass manufactured because it was order of magnitudes more productive to do so. You can still buy handmade shoes today. They are amazing. Doesn't mean you should look down on T-Shirts and say "[this] machine-generated stuff would be the very last thing I'll try"

Don't get mad, get paid.
Art? Maybe not. But it's not really the point. It's just there to avoid silence. But as much time as I've spent studying music (and it is a LOT), I couldn't do a Muzak arrangement in less than 8 hours. But you'll notice they don't use Muzak for movies or video games. If you want something to help you tell the story, you need a lot more than Muzak.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Oh, from a cold and logical perspective, you are most likely right.
My reaction is emotional.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
So, pals,

I just want to add this:

-------------

------------

enjoy!
Great job and thanks for your effort.
It'd be even greater if we were able to find it!

• Haha
Reactions: Cyryt and bobbo69

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #218

A very short dev update.

Not much to say. I cut Scene 26, and I'll have to pose 179 shots to illustrate it. As always, it's not definitive as I always rewrite some minor stuff and add or remove a few shots while I'm posing.

I only posed 38 shots this week. Which isn't much. The first thirty shots were more tedious than I expected. I had forgotten that Cassie was supposed to wear her dress in that sequence and I had to simulate it. Dforce is still reluctant to do his work without random explosions. It costs a lot of time and sanity. The frustration is real.

Anyway, I'm mostly done with that part and hope to progress faster next week.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27.
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10.
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed, rendered. The scripts have been sent for proofreading.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, 5274 words of new content so far.
  • 2007 lines of code so far.
  • 468 shots are planned, 327 are posed, and 289 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing Scene 26.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #219
2 hours ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Still posing Scene 26.

I'm still posing scene 26. I'm pretty much halfway through the scene as I've posed 88 shots, over 179. I might slow down a bit next week as I have two issues that may (or may not) need solving.

First, the sequence I'm working on at the moment is pretty long and takes place in a dark environment. Looking at the previews that Daz delivers, I think it will be okay but I won't be sure before I see the definitive renders and pass it through a post-processing test. If the end result is too dark I will most likely light the scene differently. Reworking that will probably take me a day of loading and unloading files but I'm not overly worried though.

Second, I had two sets ready for the second half of the scene and the more I look at them the more I'm disappointed. I might have to take some time to find a replacement. Given the speed I'm working at, at the moment, I have a couple of days of posing before I effectively need these sets. If I don't find something fitting, I might have to either build the sets myself or rework the script. I'm pretty sure I've seen environments that would be suitable in the last few months, but I can't seem to find them again, in the chaos that is the Daz Store, now that I need them.

I began rendering scene 26. I barely started but the results are satisfying.

The quick sum up :

• Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed, rendered. The scripts have been sent for proofreading.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 5274 words of new content so far.
  • 468 shots are planned, 377 are posed, and 297 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #220
37 minutes ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Current mood : Meh.

I made some decent progress this week and posed up to shot 136. This should mean that I have about 40 shots left on that scene.

Unfortunately, I did a big oopsie, as some formulated it, and used an outdated version of Cassie in every shot she's in (actually, about 55 shots). I noticed it by looking at the final renders, in which the quality of her shaders was very noticeably lacking. I obviously have to correct that.

Let's do some quick math. 55 shots to edit, 10 minutes of loading per shot plus 5 minutes to load in the up-to-date Cassie and copy-paste her shaders... I'm looking at a day and a half of waiting in front of my screen.

I'll also have to rerender the whole thing Which doesn't annoy me as much as wasting my time in loadings does. I'll have to clean my library once I'm done with this update. I've been postponing it for a while now but it's something that needs to happen.

On top of that, I'm having some hardware issues as well. On load, one of my gpus gets significantly hotter. I've been told that it might be a thermal paste issue. It's not dangerous for now, and it doesn't prevent me from rendering. It's just a bit worrying. I planned to bring Pc-Chan to the workshop for his biennial check-up for a few months now. I guess it just became more urgent.

The quick sum up :

• 9549 words of reworked content, and 5274 words of new content so far.
  • 468 shots are planned, 425 are posed, and 352 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes