4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #223

Scene 26.

I never have as many issues on a scene as this one. I'm starting to think it may be cursed. Last week I talked about an issue with an asset that behaved weirdly during rendering. My analysis was that rendering in a queue didn't allow enough time for the asset to "get in the correct position". And I was pretty much correct. The only solution was to render "manually" every shot in which that asset was used. About 40 images. An easy enough task. It was simply about opening a file, checking the asset was correctly positioned and hitting the render button. 40 minutes later, the image is ready. I can save it, and load the next one. I thought I could easily do that while writing scene 27. I was so wrong. It completely broke my focus and my rhythm. When I write a serious and emotional scene, like scene 27, it takes quite some time to get into the right mindset and being interrupted every 40 minutes was painful as it meant that I had to find a way to refocus on the writing once the render button pushed. I still managed to work on scene 27, and on some bonus content for my higher tiers on Patreon and Subscribe Star but it was a slow and frustrating process.

That being said, all the images I had to render manually have been rendered and they look ok.

Scene 27.

I made some progress. I actually fully wrote a first version of the second segment but scrapped it almost entirely. My first idea was too visceral and confrontational. It worked but I realized that it didn't fit the mood I wanted to set up. So I'm rewriting it from scratch (more or less. The plan and the general situation are the same.).

That segment is very difficult to write for several reasons. I'm sure you will understand why when you play it.

My first draft brought me in the 4k words, I'm now back to around 3k. I'm not done writing that segment yet but that iteration will probably be shorter. I think that's the most difficult segment of that scene. The rest should be easier. I have big hopes for that story. I want it to feel special. Fingers crossed I don't fail miserably on that one.

More music.

I found a new source. Stoya, from Stone Fox Studios, pointed me in the direction of a music licensing platform that I had never heard of and it seems to be adult content friendly. I have yet to explore it in detail but what I saw by quickly browsing through it looks promising and affordable. It might be the end of my music licensing nightmare. I'll go back to the music task as soon as I'm done writing scene 27.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27.
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10.
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed, rendered. The scripts have been sent for proofreading.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and half of it is rendered
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 8360 words of new content so far.
  • 2007 lines of code so far.
  • 466 shots are planned, 466 are posed, and 398 are rendered.
  • I'm working on writing Scene 27.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #224
3 hours ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Scene 27.

I made some significant progress in writing the scene. Segments 1, 2 and 3 are written, and we are right under 5k words. Segments 1 and 3 are kind of ready, as I've already reviewed and edited them this week. Segment 2 might need a little bit more work. I'm very happy with how Segment 3 came out. I hope I'll be able to render it properly.

There are still 2 segments to write for that scene. Segment 4 will be very short while segment 5 should be a bit longer. However, I think I can write them in 2k words. This means I would be at around 7k words and about 250 planned shots total for the scene. Which is way better than the 10k words and 350 renders of my first estimations. 100 renders being like 2 weeks of posing at the very least.

I really tried to expunge unnecessary descriptions and try a more "show don't tell" approach. I hope it works.

I started working on the new assets I will need to pose the scene. And I will need a lot of those. I already have one environment out of the seven I'll need. I'll probably have to build some myself through kitbashing. And there are a couple of interesting possibilities directly on the Daz Store. However, I need something very specific for one of the segments, I have an option on the Daz store but I don't think it will fit as it is and I will have to modify it a lot. On the other hand, I've found some incredibly nice-looking environments in another store, but they are not built for Daz. Technically, I should still be able to use them but I'm not sure how much work it would require for me to adapt them nor if they will render properly. Also... they are quite pricy. So... I guess I'll have to think this through and make a decision quickly as I hope to be done with the writing and get ready for posing next week.

The quick sum up :

• Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed and rendered.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 10251 words of new content so far.
  • 466 shots are planned, 466 are posed, and 466 are rendered.
  • I'm working on writing Scene 27.

The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
View attachment 3159376

Nope dude you just a Noob playing shooters on PC with a good damn gamepad
I fully agree with that statement.
However, there is a couple of sad truth. Posing him on his sofa, playing with a gamepad was easier and more practical than posing him at his desk, with a decent set up. As a pc player, my heart bleed, but I had no other choice.

Also, god that render is so bad ;-;
I'm so ashamed.

Piratefishes

Jul 24, 2022
Very nice to always get a clear summary where the dev is with the development. (y)
Can we get a rough estimation (not a deadline), when the next episode will be released? This year? End of jan? Something like that. :)

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #225
2 hours ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converted.jpg

Scene 27.

I finished writing scene 27, at least most of it.

• Segment 4 is written. It was surprisingly difficult but it's done. and I'm honestly satisfied with it.
  • The situation on Segment 5 is different. That segment has two variants. I wrote both. I'm satisfied with the first one, less with the second one. The problem isn't what happens in the scene but how I wrote it. I'll probably have to come back to it to edit and rewrite some parts of it.
  • Segment 2 is still in the works, because of... reasons that are out of my control.
So far, the whole scene is well below the 7000 words I expected with only 6600 words. And that means fewer shots to pose. I don't expect it to change much... but there still could be some surprises.

The plan is to take a day to review and eventually rewrite that unsatisfying variant in Segment 5 and then cut most of the scene for posing.

Speaking of posing, I worked on the assets I'll require to build the sets. I'll have to assemble every set myself through kit-bashing and retexturing. It should be easy except for Segment 3. The set for Segment 1 is ready. I started working on the set for Segment 2.

That scene was difficult to write. It's very different from what I wrote in the rest of the game and the scene itself will be different in terms of rhythm and overall realisation. I think I put more effort into that one than into Scene 26. And I'm kind of sad about it. I should treat every path and every ending the same way but ... well, I like drama. Scene 27 is drama, and Scene 26 isn't. I really hope you will like scene 27. That would mean a lot.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 11 894 words of new content so far.
  • 466 shots are planned, 466 are posed, and 466 are rendered.
  • I'm working on writing and building sets for scene 27.

The Naughty Captain

BabyBlue19

Mar 8, 2023
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

the more paths you play, the more you enjoy the story.

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

I just did it! UPDATED TO 0.63 now!!!

enjoy!
Hi mate,

I can't find your walkthrough on this post.

Can you please share/update the link/file of your walkthrough?

Much appreciated! <3

CarbChoke

Jan 30, 2018
Hi mate,

I can't find your walkthrough on this post.

Can you please share/update the link/file of your walkthrough?

Much appreciated! <3
if you didn't already find it, go to page 1 the walkthrough is under the downloads section of the first post.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #226

Scene 27.

The scene is fully written.

It finally reached 7k words and I think it's in a pretty good state.

I cut the scene for rendering, 238 renders are planned but I will probably have to add some more. I want to try something new and I'm not sure how many more images I will need to make it happen. We'll see.

I had some new ideas for the sets.

• Segment 1's set was about ready, but I reworked it from the ground. It's much better now.
  • Segment 2's set is almost done. I think it's 90% complete. I just need some ideas to decorate walls and make the place a bit more alive. That's something you usually do by adding details. I have a few ideas but I'm gonna need some more materials.
  • I haven't touched Segment 3's set much. It will be the most difficult set of the scene. I have some assets but the geometry of the place isn't great. I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably work on it last.
  • Segment 4's set is about ready Nothing much to say here it was relatively easy.
  • I have the general layout of Segment 5's set along with some assets. I have several options for the architecture part. Some will require less work than others. I'll probably work on that as soon as I finish Segment 2's set.
I started posing the scene with just a couple of shots so far. I wanted to make sure the light I set up for the first segment was okay. And it looks pretty good.

That week was pretty slow. I have some family home for the holidays and as always, it's pretty distracting (especially when they come to live in your house). My hopes of progress for the coming week are pretty low. I like holidays and family stuff as much as everyone but for some reason, these people seem to think that because you're working from home, you're probably not working at all and that you can be interrupted whenever they feel like it. It's annoying.

Anyway. Happy holidays everyone. I wish you all a merry Christmas.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered. Scene 27 is written and cut for posing.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 12 430 words of new content so far.
  • 704 shots are planned, 468 are posed, and 467 are rendered.
  • I'm working on building sets for scene 27.

The Naughty Captain

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

the more paths you play, the more you enjoy the story.

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

I just did it! UPDATED TO 0.63 now!!!

enjoy!
So wheremst is it? And if it's not here any longer, change or remove the link to here from the first post.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes