4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Get lost with your condescening attitude, you have no clue which avns im supporting or supported in the past and my question wasnt really related to that anyway. The patreons who ordered the renders obviously know about them anyway and everyone else (maybe not strange people like you) wont be nessecarily excited (which is the same for the patreon supporters who dont give a shit about special renders).

I just dont see why anyone but the guys who want the renders care about it in a positive way, its like the dev announcing that he's working now 30 instead of 25 hours in his sidejob to earn more money and im supposed to be grateful about that.

Urgh youre annoying.
https://i.imgur.com/C868sfH.gif

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
The The Naughty Captain posts an update of his work every Friday, if it's good or not, he's not hiding anything, and you don't have to complain if you don't support, I pledge once the update is up and that's that, I don't like to take things for free, guy works hard for his money
He sure posts updates every week, but damn, he's SLOW. I know, I don't pay for the game, but a lot of people do and don't know why he wouldn't step it up a bit. Maybe work on the game more regularly/longer? I mean he has literally rendered ONE SINGLE RENDER IN THE PAST MONTH. I'm not even kidding, look at his post on December 9 and the one yesterday.

Last edited:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
He sure posts updates every week, but damn, he's SLOW. I know, I don't pay for the game, but a lot of people do and don't know why he wouldn't step it up a bit. Maybe work on the game more regularly/longer? I mean he has literally rendered ONE SINGLE RENDER IN THE PAST MONTH. I'm not even kidding, look at his post on December 9 and the one yesterday.
The guy has a real job and is doing this solo and still learning, he gets hiccups once in a while on some scenes, yes, you may have a point that he's slow, but I certainly can't do better, story is real good and the renders are awesome as well. One thing is for sure, he isn't milking anyone.

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
The guy has a real job and is doing this solo and still learning, he gets hiccups once in a while on some scenes, yes, you may have a point that he's slow, but I certainly can't do better, story is real good and the renders are awesome as well. One thing is for sure, he isn't milking anyone.
Whatever you say, dude. I remember playing this game when I was in high school. Now, I've graduated college and have a job.

Reactions: bobbo69

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
Got a link to your AVN?
Point is, it's been way too long and the game is really going nowhere at this pace. I neither have the equipment nor the knowledge to create one myself, but that doesn't mean that I can't comment on someone's work.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Point is, it's been way too long and the game is really going nowhere at this pace. I neither have the equipment nor the knowledge to create one myself, but that doesn't mean that I can't comment on someone's work.
Ah, see, you were talking with so much authority about what should be possible, I assumed you had a clue.

Reactions: Piratefishes

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
Ah, see, you were talking with so much authority about what should be possible, I assumed you had a clue.
Are you trying to say he doesn't take outrageous amounts of time between relatively short updates? I'm a nobody, of course, but this is downright unacceptable for anyone who actually contributed to the development of the game in any way. I mean, what is he even doing? 1000+ dollars to create a single render? If this is not milking, I don't know what is.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Are you trying to say he doesn't take outrageous amounts of time between relatively short updates? I'm a nobody, of course, but this is downright unacceptable for anyone who actually contributed to the development of the game in any way. I mean, what is he even doing? 1000+ dollars to create a single render? If this is not milking, I don't know what is.
Go try writing something sometime. Doing it well takes time, and the writing is the strength of this game. But hey, if you think it's so easy, go do it.

Guylian

May 4, 2020
So, pals,

I DID PROMISE A WALKTHROUGH... and now... here you are!! Summer Scent 0.55 walkthrough guide.

50 pages, 15 full paths... it took me a whole week. So enjoy and please don't complain if you run into a few typos.

I just want to add this:

the more paths you play, the more you enjoy the story.

-------------

EDIT: since the Author reworked some scenes in the early days, my walkthrough is OUTDATED and some routes ARE WRONG. I'm working on it, guys. Just wait for a few days.

------------

I just did it! UPDATED TO 0.63 now!!!

enjoy!
I might look stupid but... where can I find your walkthrough ?

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Don't put words in our mouth.
I'm a backer and I know exactly why it takes the time it does. So do most of his (frankly undeservely too low numbered) patreons.

He's one of the most thorough devs out there when it comes to dev update and what he's done weekly. So fuck off with the attitude, you don't get to talk for us Patreons.

k789k789k81

Jan 7, 2020
Im really enjoying this so far I tried the free version on Itchio and after exhausting all that I could figure out on my own I got the paid version, well worth the $5 really love the built in guide to see all the content. Only complaint is there being no sound at all even just some background music would be nice.

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
Don't put words in our mouth.
I'm a backer and I know exactly why it takes the time it does. So do most of his (frankly undeservely too low numbered) patreons.

He's one of the most thorough devs out there when it comes to dev update and what he's done weekly. So fuck off with the attitude, you don't get to talk for us Patreons.
You don't get to talk for all Patreons, either. You're just one of his 1600 patrons.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaosguy

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
You don't get to talk for all Patreons, either. You're just one of his 1600 patrons.
Except I don't pretend to talk for them. Reread my words and just maybe, try to understand them (it's hard, apparently). Patrons have every right to say how they feel about the pace of updates, but the one thing no one can deny is that we're not aware of what he does. He's honest to a fault and we can take educated decisions as to whether we wanna back him up or not.

So once again, kindly stop talking for us. At least own your opinions, and stop trying to talk from authority. It only makes you look like an entitled brat.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
You're just one of his 1600 patrons.
And who are you?

If you are, in fact, a patron, you are free to stop your support at any moment for any reason.

If you are not a patron, then who are you to complain about how The Naughty Captain conducts his "business", if you can even call it that?

I am not supporting any devs, for my own reasons. I am also not complaining about dev time or anything else, because I know I am not entitled to anything.

I may have an opinion about certain aspects about a game which I may like or not, or which I just don't understand, but while I like discussing these things with others (and especially the dev), I know I don't have any rights to whatever.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Holly crap, I remember playing this like a year ago and it was day six in game time, it's still on day six :LOL:

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes