4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017

For example one for 0.6.3. is here:
(is it right, I don't know, but from that I managed to get directions for Dual Love Path)

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
So is the "Twenty Years Headstart" on the poster in the beginning just some in-game movie or is it a shoutout to another game that I just can't locate?

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
I like holidays and family stuff as much as everyone but for some reason, these people seem to think that because you're working from home, you're probably not working at all and that you can be interrupted whenever they feel like it. It's annoying.
[/CYTAT]
I had the same thing. I had to set up a studio in the city.;)

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #227
2 hours ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

I'm ashamed to confess that I haven't made any progress this week.

With family around and all the celebrations, I couldn't find enough time to do any significant work.

I worked on the sets a bit. The set for Segment 2 is done, and the architecture for Segment 5 is ready.

I invested some time working on the bonus content for my higher tiers supporters. I hope to be done with it tomorrow.

I feel sick. I spent the week eating and drinking too much with various parts of my family and the price to pay is quite steep. And I have a few more parties and big meals to deal with in the coming days.

I will have more time next week as most of my family will slowly crawl back to their respective areas, but I won't be completely free either, at least not until the second week of January. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to do more than lay on my sofa, waiting to die of overeating.

I don't know why I always let the Christmas and New Year's Eve period take me by surprise. It's the same every year. I plan to work. I end up not doing much and I feel guilty about it.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27.
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10.
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed and rendered.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered. Scene 27 is written and cut for posing.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 12 430 words of new content so far.
  • 2007 lines of code so far.
  • 704 shots are planned, 468 are posed, and 467 are rendered.
  • I'm working on building sets for scene 27.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm ashamed to confess that I haven't made any progress this week
You know that you're allowed to have free time? Especially when it's holidays and they're traditionally used to spend time with the family.

As sad as it is, no one here will be with you if you ruin it with your family or damage your health because you didn't take time for yourself. On the contrary, many pirates who have never given a cent for your work will only complain that the updates take so long, you only make excuses, and that you are a very, very dirty milker.

Long story short: don't you dare be ashamed again because you live a life and don't work on Summer Scent 24/7 like a basement troll. Do you hear me?

SombraLova

Aug 30, 2018
great game but last time i played when it was 0.5.5 i think it was like 1-2 years ago, so uptade when? any new progress/content at all?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
So is the "Twenty Years Headstart" on the poster in the beginning just some in-game movie or is it a shoutout to another game that I just can't locate?
Both. The Character is from Something to write about : The Author.

I had the same thing. I had to set up a studio in the city.;)
That would be a very costly solution!

You know that you're allowed to have free time? Especially when it's holidays and they're traditionally used to spend time with the family.

As sad as it is, no one here will be with you if you ruin it with your family or damage your health because you didn't take time for yourself. On the contrary, many pirates who have never given a cent for your work will only complain that the updates take so long, you only make excuses, and that you are a very, very dirty milker.

Long story short: don't you dare be ashamed again because you live a life and don't work on Summer Scent 24/7 like a basement troll. Do you hear me?
I know all that, but it's not easy to fully integrate it and let go of that kind of burden.
I'm working on it but progress are slow.

great game but last time i played when it was 0.5.5 i think it was like 1-2 years ago, so uptade when? any new progress/content at all?
Depend on what you call content. There has been 4 updates since v0.5.5.

nop, game is in advanced milking stage
we're still waiting for a basic gallery 3 years later
Yeah, 4 updates, almost a hundred thousands words of content. That's really nothing.
Also, the gallery has been in game for more than two years already.

Thank you for your pertinent intervention.

do u think it might come out be for feb ?
I doubt it. I should be able to finish the content before the end of February, but I'll probably have to work a bit more on the music and it's integration to the game.

So... I have no idea, sorry!

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
what do u mean milking stage?
Any time a VN doesn't add things that pirates want, or advance as fast as pirates want, or provide as much content as pirates want, some paragon of intellect will always accuse the Dev of milking, i.e., raking in contributions on Patreon (or whatever site), but not living up the expectations of pirates not paying him a dime.

I'm not saying that "milking" doesn't happen, but that does not appear to be the case here. There was an update in July, and for a mature VN that's not overly long, so long as the update provides a reasonable amount of content. My rule of thumb: about a half hour of content for each month of development for a good VN with good renders, animations and an engaging story. There are ways to cut down that time, or increase the content length, but that usually involves the pop-up doll style VN on a background that's unchanging for most of the "conversational" bits (think Shale Hill Secrets) versus individual renders and poses, or other short cuts.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Any time a VN doesn't add things that pirates want, or advance as fast as pirates want, or provide as much content as pirates want, some paragon of intellect will always accuse the Dev of milking, i.e., raking in contributions on Patreon (or whatever site), but not living up the expectations of pirates not paying him a dime.
And do you notice how none of those pirates ever put out a game of their own, to show how it "should be done?"

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
nop, game is in advanced milking stage
we're still waiting for a basic gallery 3 years later
The The Naughty Captain posts an update of his work every Friday, if it's good or not, he's not hiding anything, and you don't have to complain if you don't support, I pledge once the update is up and that's that, I don't like to take things for free, guy works hard for his money

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #228
An hour ago

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

Once again, I'm one day late on the dev update. Sorry!

I managed to work a good three days out of this week. The good news is that the holidays are definitely over and I can now go back to my usual schedule.

I finished working on this month's bonuses for my higher-tier supporters. Working on these takes a lot of time but I like these renders because they allow me to try different things and produce a kind of image I wouldn't be able to do in the context of the game.

I progressed on the sets and finished building the environment for Segment 5. Most of it came easily but I couldn't find anything fitting my ideas for the bathroom. I tried building one myself through kitbashing and ended up editing a premade asset, retexturing it and repopulating it with different props. The result is a bit weird and I'm not 100% satisfied with it but that will have to do.

I'll start working on the environment for Segment 3 this Monday. I postponed it until now because I wasn't sure how to handle it. The assets I have don't fit my script and I'm not sure I'll be able to modify them to make them comply with my ideas. I will try. And if I fail, I will have to rewrite parts of my scene to fix this. I'd rather avoid that as I'm pretty happy with the script.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27.
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10.
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed and rendered.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered. Scene 27 is written and cut for posing.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 12 430 words of new content so far.
  • 2007 lines of code so far.
  • 704 shots are planned, 468 are posed, and 467 are rendered.
  • I'm working on building sets for scene 27. 4 sets out of 5 are ready.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Im always a bit surprised why dev's even mention the special render crap in changelogs. Isnt it just annoying for anyone but the guys who want and receive these renders anyway?

Its not like anyone will read this and think "Oh yeah cool, instead of developing story relevant renders the dev uses a lot of time for unrelated renders" lol

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind a dev intending to earn money, im just confused about putting it in the changelog like if anybody would be happy about that or is it for transparencys sake?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Its not like anyone will read this and think "Oh yeah cool, instead of developing story relevant renders the dev uses a lot of time for unrelated renders" lol
No, it's not. The high tier patreons pay the shit you enjoy for free by stealing the game on a piracy board. So, pay at least some respect for the work the dev does for the ones who pays money which is needed to make an AVN like this.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
No, it's not. The high tier patreons pay the shit you enjoy for free by stealing the game on a piracy board. So, pay at least some respect for the work the dev does for the ones who pays money which is needed to make an AVN like this.
Get lost with your condescening attitude, you have no clue which avns im supporting or supported in the past and my question wasnt really related to that anyway. The patreons who ordered the renders obviously know about them anyway and everyone else (maybe not strange people like you) wont be nessecarily excited (which is the same for the patreon supporters who dont give a shit about special renders).

I just dont see why anyone but the guys who want the renders care about it in a positive way, its like the dev announcing that he's working now 30 instead of 25 hours in his sidejob to earn more money and im supposed to be grateful about that.

Urgh youre annoying.

• Angry
Reactions: fz and Zackleon
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes