4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #229

All the sets are ready.

The set for the third segment of the scene has been quite challenging to build. After making sure that none of the available easy options at my disposal were good enough, I decided to go the hard way and build the thing myself. I had previously found the necessary assets in a third-party store while looking for some "ready-to-render" solutions, so I knew that it was possible. I also knew that that asset wasn't meant for Daz and that I would have to put in some more work to assemble it and have it render properly. It took me a small week to assemble the hundred different parts that constitute the room itself, rework every texture, solve the various scaling and missing part issues, populate the scene with enough props to make it look alive and light the whole thing for a night scene.

The question now is: was it worth the time?

v0o4ez.png

I have now everything I need to pose the whole scene. I'll start working on the posing on Monday morning.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27.
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10.
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, posed and rendered.
  • Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered. Scene 27 is written and cut for posing.
  • 9549 words of reworked content, and 12 430 words of new content so far.
  • 2007 lines of code so far.
  • 704 shots are planned, 468 are posed, and 467 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 27.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Dev Update #229

All the sets are ready.

The set for the third segment of the scene has been quite challenging to build. After making sure that none of the available easy options at my disposal were good enough, I decided to go the hard way and build the thing myself. I had previously found the necessary assets in a third-party store while looking for some "ready-to-render" solutions, so I knew that it was possible. I also knew that that asset wasn't meant for Daz and that I would have to put in some more work to assemble it and have it render properly. It took me a small week to assemble the hundred different parts that constitute the room itself, rework every texture, solve the various scaling and missing part issues, populate the scene with enough props to make it look alive and light the whole thing for a night scene.

View attachment 3256705

I have now everything I need to pose the whole scene. I'll start working on the posing on Monday morning.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6, Scene 26 has been written, posed and rendered. Scene 27 is written and cut for posing.

The Naughty Captain

If MC stacks up, fucks, and triple creampies Eve, Cassie, and Kelly on the diner counter, then yes absolutely worth the effort to create the scene environment!

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone know what you have to do for the dual path(s)? When playing the game a (long) while back it was certainly possible to go for a love triangle, but now going for love/love led to a a pretty horrible end for both LIs (Cassie leaves and gets caught, Sis devastated) - with no (obvious) dialogue choice to come clean or work towards being with them both. Similar for the love/sub path, just without the horrible end - but also no option to come clean. Was the option to be in a relationship with both scrapped?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Does anyone know what you have to do for the dual path(s)? When playing the game a (long) while back it was certainly possible to go for a love triangle, but now going for love/love led to a a pretty horrible end for both LIs (Cassie leaves and gets caught, Sis devastated) - with no (obvious) dialogue choice to come clean or work towards being with them both. Similar for the love/sub path, just without the horrible end - but also no option to come clean. Was the option to be in a relationship with both scrapped?
use the WT mod from sancho and go for the choices with the dual love path... probably easiest that way. The path is still in the game. There are also written WTs if that's more convenient linked in the OP...not sure how quality they are, haven't checked them, but the mod is super good.

Reactions: hermesh

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
It's not easy, but with the help of the WT's it's possible.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks, i'll give it another try with SanchoMod & the WTs

Edit: The long WT no longer exists. The shorter single path WTs are for gflove, sislove, hate and sub but not for dual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elduriel

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Thanks, i'll give it another try with SanchoMod & the WTs

Edit: The long WT no longer exists. The shorter single path WTs are for gflove, sislove, hate and sub but not for dual.
nice, there are a lot of different paths in the game, that one in particular is really good imo, you'll like it for sure

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
There's a very tricky choice earlier in the game that is essential to not getting the bad ending there; it has to do with picking which of the two to talk to on a shopping trip. I'll admit I don't remember which it is, but there's some preliminary conversation that later gives you the chance to admit it all. IIRC if you use the lighthouse mode, the built-in walkthrough mode for the game, it will point you to the right choice there, which I thought was a good workaround since nothing about the choice screamed "I'm essential" otherwise.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
There's a very tricky choice earlier in the game that is essential to not getting the bad ending there; it has to do with picking which of the two to talk to on a shopping trip. I'll admit I don't remember which it is, but there's some preliminary conversation that later gives you the chance to admit it all. IIRC if you use the lighthouse mode, the built-in walkthrough mode for the game, it will point you to the right choice there, which I thought was a good workaround since nothing about the choice screamed "I'm essential" otherwise.
you need to talk to Cassie there to get to the throuple path

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Dev Update #229

All the sets are ready.

View attachment 3256705

The quick sum up :

The Naughty Captain

To the question if it is worth the time consumed? It depends, is it a one-time use scenario? how many characters will be there? will there be background characters? and more importantly, does all the construction give more sense to the story?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
To the question if it is worth the time consumed? It depends, is it a one-time use scenario? how many characters will be there? will there be background characters? and more importantly, does all the construction give more sense to the story?
I'd guess you would need to direct that at The Naughty Captain, as they seem a lot like "Ocean" and perfectionist, at least this game has sex....

Reactions: sorco2003

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #230

I finished posing the first segment of scene 27. It's the shortest one. Everything went smoothly until I actually rendered the shots. I then noticed a lot of issues with a specific garment. As always, it's an issue I couldn't see in the previews because the geometry used in the iray previews delivered by Daz differs from the geometry used in the final render. It's very frustrating. I was mostly finished rendering that segment and I had to spend most of my day editing half of the shots. I'll render them once again tonight.

Aside from that, the renders look okay to me, I was worried about the noise levels but it rendered fairly well and I'm satisfied with the results.

I had to find a few workarounds to resolve issues with some assets of the outdated kind. In the end, I'm quite surprised that it works so well. It is not perfect, but I believe it is good enough and in line with my idea of quality.

Next week I'll start posing the second segment, which will be both bigger and a challenge on its own for some specific reasons. Fingers crossed I don't screw that up.

The quick sum up :

• 704 shots are planned, 492 are posed, and 479 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Dev Update #231
20 minutes ago

ep6_sc4_011-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

I've started the week with good old food poisoning and a short visit to the hospital. I haven't been fully operational until Tuesday.

I progressed on the second segment of scene 27.

I had to slightly edit the scene to make the posing easier and have a "more natural flow" in the way the characters will be moving through the set. I've posed about 30 shots on that second set and so far the previews are great. I hope I won't have any unexpected surprises, especially with certain clothes that I have to simulate with every movement.

I haven't encountered any difficulties so far, aside from a couple of recalcitrant simulations. The action is simple, but the expressions can be tricky to get right, especially while working with a face I'm not used to.

I've posed a third of that second segment. The second third should be more static and I hope to progress through it a bit faster. The third part will be more challenging with some more intense and complex action.

I'm also trying some new things in the pseudo animations department with that segment. I hope I'll get it right.

The quick sum up :

• 704 shots are planned, 516 are posed, and 491 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes