4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Been so long I can't remember anything from it, but Patreon is fucked up how they are so arbitrary deciding "yeah, in this case childhood friend means incest, but in the hundreds of others it and landlady don't."

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Thank you.
Subscribe Star is the only way to support me at the moment. I know it's far from perfect but I don't have any other options.
Gamejolt actually banned adult games years ago.
Maybe I could set up an empty page on Ko fi, or something like that, but I wouldn't have any way to distribute the content.

Sorry.
There are some refugees on "boosty.to", but I think they also subscribe by credit card, I'm not sure :unsure:.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Why not make your own site, call it Naughty Bits, that is basically Patreon for Adults Only but only accepts BitCoin payments. No more tyranny of credit card processors and incestivus for the rest of us!

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Thank you.

I don't think I can rally my support back. I had about 250 supporters in total. Most of them are not on my discord and I have no way to tell them about the situation. Maybe they will find me on their own, maybe not but I think it's unlikely. So it's more about starting from scratch again and focusing on the steam release as a solution.
They have Google, I guess.

If you search "Summer Scent game", 2nd and 3rd results are your Itch.io page.

They know unless they are a bunch of goddamn retards, of course.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Why not make your own site, call it Naughty Bits, that is basically Patreon for Adults Only but only accepts BitCoin payments. No more tyranny of credit card processors and incestivus for the rest of us!
Crypto can be hurdle to get into, not to mention a financial risk. And the biggest drawback: people aren't horny for long enough to set that all up for a naughty game creator!

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Crypto is a scary thing for most people out there. Especially when you heard every day about a new crypto rug pull and what not.
Also, it's a lot of work. Some time I'd rather invest into the game.

They have Google, I guess.

If you search "Summer Scent game", 2nd and 3rd results are your Itch.io page.

They know unless they are a bunch of goddamn retards, of course.
I hope they will find me, but Subscribe Star isn't the most trust inspiring platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feyd

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You can sell the game on GOG games and the Affect3d store too, I think. Nutaku as well.

The latter 2 are adult market places. The former allow NSFW games too, Being A Dik is on there. Man of the House and others are on Nutaku.

Not sure how we'll this would do on Affect3d, since it's mostly for selling render packs & comics, but they do have a game section.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Naughty Captain you can always try what a lot of developers have been doing latterly, sign back up under another name. Don't have your game there, have it offsite or something to that effect. Some games have Patreon but you can't get the game there.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
You can sell the game on GOG games and the Affect3d store too, I think. Nutaku as well.

The latter 2 are adult market places. The former allow NSFW games too, Being A Dik is on there. Man of the House and others are on Nutaku.

Not sure how we'll this would do on Affect3d, since it's mostly for selling render packs & comics, but they do have a game section.
Gog is definitely on my list.
But my priority is Steam.
Anything else, we'll see about later.

The Naughty Captain you can always try what a lot of developers have been doing latterly, sign back up under another name. Don't have your game there, have it offsite or something to that effect. Some games have Patreon but you can't get the game there.
I thought about that.
If not on Patreon, on another mainstream platform, like Ko Fi.
But then how would I publish the game? I don't see myself taking money from my subscribers without giving them anything in return.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I thought about that.
But then how would I publish the game? I don't see myself taking money from my subscribers without giving them anything in return.
A Supporter-only section on Discord. Put the links in there.

Pretty sure Patreon gives you your subs email too, right? Could just email it to them too. Lust & Passion (A Wife and Mother developer), for example, does that.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I don't see myself taking money from my subscribers without giving them anything in return.
Seriously: Why not?

I mean, many subscribers are probably also members here and therefore are getting the game for free at some point (one way or another) anyway.

I think the majority of subscribers / patreons are doing it to support the devs and not necessarily to get the game a bit sooner, although that is probably a bonus for them.

Reactions: Maviarab

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Seriously: Why not?

I mean, many subscribers are probably also members here and therefore are getting the game for free at some point (one way or another) anyway.

I think the majority of subscribers / patreons are doing it to support the devs and not necessarily to get the game a bit sooner, although that is probably a bonus for them.
There should be, and usually is, a bonus for subscribers - if not getting it early, often some input into the direction of the game, etc. Or name up in credits quite often.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Gog is definitely on my list.
But my priority is Steam.
Anything else, we'll see about later.

I thought about that.
Mailing list with the corresponding link would be a possible solution.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
There should be, and usually is, a bonus for subscribers - if not getting it early, often some input into the direction of the game, etc. Or name up in credits quite often.
Sure but some people pay like $20 a month (that's $240 a year and $1200 over a total 5-year development time, which is not unreasonable). That's a lot of money for a custom wallpaper, an honorary mention, early access or literally anything else.

Nobody would pay even close to $1200 for a AAA game including all possible DLC's and whatnot.

The only real reason why they do pay that kind of money is that they think that the dev needs it and uses it to make something they like.

Last edited:

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Sure but some people pay like $20 a month (that's $240 a year and $1200 over a total 5-year development time, which is not unreasonable). That's a lot of money for a custom wallpaper, an honorary mention, early access or literally anything else.

Nobody would pay even close to $1200 for a AAA game including all possible DLC's and whatnot.

The only real reason why they do pay that kind of money is that they think that the dev needs it and uses it to make something they like.
Well, even $5/month would be a lot for that (though the getting a mention in a AAA game isn't going to happen unless you are actually part of developing it. Well, maybe if you help fund it, but it would be well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars at least for that. You'd get more than that for sure if it was successful though in that case - it would be an investment there.)

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes