4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
The sexuality in this game is seriously lopsided it's mostly a kinks game someone's willingness to be sexual seems to be dependent on kinks Cassie especially she won't touch you if you love each other makes no sense love should make you want to be closer to that person? But if you let her dominate then she's all of a sudden some sexual freak I never realized that being sexually active especially for a virgin with no experience was dependent on you submitting or dominating someone? And if you treat them right and love them they don't want to do anything with you? Cassie says she's wanted to but got to scared she wasn't to scared to make you lick cum or lick her wow so lopsided makes no sense. So many paths to choose yet we no witch ones get the most content. It should be even there willingness to be sexual shouldn't be dependent on kinks. Another game were the love route only pays off in the end while be dominate or dominated gets you the goods throughout the whole game fucking lopsided bullshit. To bad because it's a damn fantastic game although I have that you make up with Eve and don't put her down anymore but she still puts the mc down often makes it hard to love her when she doesn't even think your all that great and that girls wouldn't be interested in you. Guess I'll have to wait for love route to develop more to enjoy some intimacy stupid. Tags need added.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
The sexuality in this game is seriously lopsided it's mostly a kinks game someone's willingness to be sexual seems to be dependent on kinks Cassie especially she won't touch you if you love each other makes no sense love should make you want to be closer to that person? But if you let her dominate then she's all of a sudden some sexual freak I never realized that being sexually active especially for a virgin with no experience was dependent on you submitting or dominating someone? And if you treat them right and love them they don't want to do anything with you? Cassie says she's wanted to but got to scared she wasn't to scared to make you lick cum or lick her wow so lopsided makes no sense. So many paths to choose yet we no witch ones get the most content. It should be even there willingness to be sexual shouldn't be dependent on kinks. Another game were the love route only pays off in the end while be dominate or dominated gets you the goods throughout the whole game fucking lopsided bullshit. To bad because it's a damn fantastic game although I have that you make up with Eve and don't put her down anymore but she still puts the mc down often makes it hard to love her when she doesn't even think your all that great and that girls wouldn't be interested in you. Guess I'll have to wait for love route to develop more to enjoy some intimacy stupid. Tags need added.
I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game. By chance, have you played multiple paths? It really is necessary to get the "whole" story. The Love paths are heating up nicely. I doubt you will be disappointed.

I'm not sure why you're surprised that kink might speed the path to sexual involvement... Finding someone who shares your kink can be a bit hit or miss and make you feel a close connection a bit faster... Also, kinky people might just be a bit more sexually demonstrative than vanilla people. I think Dev has indicated that a tag review is in order, so that may happen sooner than later.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
I do like the game very much there virgins they should be trying to find what they like best? Love should bring people closer not your willingness to eat your own cum? Sorry that was uncalled for on my part. I have played other paths and I get some of it but to become so much more sexually willing but not sexually willing with love? Then they shouldn't be in love if they don't share any sexual chemistry?? If the girls need a certain type to open up to then there shouldn't be a love path? It just feels like another game where being nice and loving trying to mend your relationship or (start) a new one gets you (nothing) until later but being an ass or dom/sub gets you everything the whole way thru not just at the end. And there virgins supposed to be some discovery just because Cassie was taught and saw somethings didn't mean that is what she wants most she hasn't tried anything especially on the love path she may like being loved better but she doesn't want to try that? The eve sub thing is a little different because the mc is instigating that but again there should be some willingness to discover sexual things on the love path? It's just lopsided because there virgins and a little damaged there should be more need for love and the closeness that doing sexual things bring while in love. But we get nothing only there willingness to do things outside of love why are they even still virgins if that's the case I'm sure guys tried to dominate eve before? And he'll all Cassie needs a contract not hard for her to find a guy willing? The game is great though I don't now just tired of being left out because I chose love

Last edited:

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I do like the game very much there virgins they should be trying to find what they like best? Love should bring people closer not your willingness to eat your own cum? Sorry that was uncalled for on my part. I have played other paths and I get some of it but to become so much more sexually willing but not sexually willing with love? Then they shouldn't be in love if they don't share any sexual chemistry?? If the girls need a certain type to open up to then there shouldn't be a love path? It just feels like another game where being nice and loving trying to mend your relationship or (start) a new one gets you (nothing) until later but being an ass or dom/sub gets you everything the whole way thru not just at the end. And there virgins supposed to be some discovery just because Cassie was taught and saw somethings didn't mean that is what she wants most she hasn't tried anything especially on the love path she may like being loved better but she doesn't want to try that? The eve sub thing is a little different because the mc is instigating that but again there should be some willingness to discover sexual things on the love path? It's just lopsided because there virgins and a little damaged there should be more need for love and the closeness that doing sexual things bring while in love. But we get nothing only there willingness to do things outside of love why are they even still virgins if that's the case I'm sure guys tried to dominate eve before? And he'll all Cassie needs a contract not hard for her to find a guy willing? The game is great though I don't now just tired of being left out because I chose love

Well, I guess it's your point of view.
Perhaps the next version will be more akin to your tastes. ;p

any news of android port?

Oups.
I kind of forgot about it. I was in a hurry to work on V0.5 content.
I'll work on it this week.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
My apologies I wasn't trying to be mean I like the game very much but it is a KINKS game it's not necessarily my opinion it's unbalanced um lopsided if your into a kink you get sexual content thru out the game but if you love them you get nothing till later (unbalanced) I will still play the game it's great just wish you had same amount of content on all paths not just the kinks feels like you are being punished for loving them or they are not sexually attracted to you if you love them only if your willing to do sub/Dom them.

Reactions: vmaks

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
My apologies I wasn't trying to be mean I like the game very much but it is a KINKS game it's not necessarily my opinion it's unbalanced um lopsided if your into a kink you get sexual content thru out the game but if you love them you get nothing till later (unbalanced) I will still play the game it's great just wish you had same amount of content on all paths not just the kinks feels like you are being punished for loving them or they are not sexually attracted to you if you love them only if your willing to do sub/Dom them.
Well in my current playthrough both the friend of the sister and the sister are completely in love with the main character without the sub/dom content. The only other kinks i am hoping for are impregnation with the sister. heh

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
I have been looking over this chart, and there are some dead end nodes with no outgoing edges. Not like it is already complex, but are those intentional gaps? I spotted a comment about keeping player as confounded as MC, so I was wondering about the terminal end nodes.

I have done several playthroughs with an interesting variety of branching paths. The number of cross paths rivals Element 174. Well done.
I really like this story and all, but the amount of branching paths is such a headache to look at. the trigger map is just poorly done in my opinion as it doesnt go from event to event. it doesn't even start from day 1. there are some events that dont even connect so its a bit confusing as to where it goes.

like this game is fine for those who just want to play it as is and choose their 1 path. but for someone who enjoys seeing all the different paths and different possibilities. its much more difficult for us since the number of permutations is insanely high. and a trigger map like this doesnt quite help.

just like geowraith mentioned, Element 174 is the same but the person who wrote up that guide has a really good and proper flow chart. as it goes from event to event.

I hope someone can do something similar with this one as right now in it's current state, its too much of a mess. it should be a flow chart and it should flow from one event to the next. like for example all the dead end nodes, should not be a dead end, the scene continues but its unclear as to where it goes. or something like the day 2 discussion in the living room. what lead to that event? its not even connected.

Reactions: Geowraith

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Isn't that part of the fun tho ? I know I enjoyed the replayability and spending time to find new paths. I for one don't like to be spoonfed (as long as the grind is not too much and it really isn't in this one). So I do hope it will stay that way. Just have to keep track with multiple saves I'd say ! :)

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I really like this story and all, but the amount of branching paths is such a headache to look at. the trigger map is just poorly done in my opinion as it doesnt go from event to event. it doesn't even start from day 1. there are some events that dont even connect so its a bit confusing as to where it goes.

like this game is fine for those who just want to play it as is and choose their 1 path. but for someone who enjoys seeing all the different paths and different possibilities. its much more difficult for us since the number of permutations is insanely high. and a trigger map like this doesnt quite help.

just like geowraith mentioned, Element 174 is the same but the person who wrote up that guide has a really good and proper flow chart. as it goes from event to event.

I hope someone can do something similar with this one as right now in it's current state, its too much of a mess. it should be a flow chart and it should flow from one event to the next. like for example all the dead end nodes, should not be a dead end, the scene continues but its unclear as to where it goes. or something like the day 2 discussion in the living room. what lead to that event? its not even connected.
The only way to make a clear flowchart of the game is actually to separate each path in its own flowchart. Even like that, you will have variants, options, and bonus to take into account. If you make a walkthrough for every combination possible, it would take something like a dozen different flowcharts. And it would probably still let some parts on the side.
I wanted Summer Scent to be a game the player would explore, I wanted it to be replayable. It's not really compatible with an easy walkthrough.

However, there are definitely some improvements to be done in my trigger map and in the gallery so that the player can at least get a good notion about what he is missing and how to find it. I'll have to look into that at some point. The problem is that developing features takes me away from working on the story. And right, now, to be honest, I'm completely obsessed with day 5 content. So It'll have to wait!

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
does anyone have a walkthrough for love both? i have all the other routes but id like to have that one to complete this update thanks

Keifoo

Jan 18, 2020
DarkenDragon the trigger map is messy indeed but is not poorly done, it's starting in day 2 because day 1 doesn't have triggers that are important. Apart from Redemption path which indeed was difficult because the triggers have to have a special order which is not stated in the map, the rest is pretty easy to follow.

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
The only way to make a clear flowchart of the game is actually to separate each path in its own flowchart. Even like that, you will have variants, options, and bonus to take into account. If you make a walkthrough for every combination possible, it would take something like a dozen different flowcharts. And it would probably still let some parts on the side.
I wanted Summer Scent to be a game the player would explore, I wanted it to be replayable. It's not really compatible with an easy walkthrough.

However, there are definitely some improvements to be done in my trigger map and in the gallery so that the player can at least get a good notion about what he is missing and how to find it. I'll have to look into that at some point. The problem is that developing features takes me away from working on the story. And right, now, to be honest, I'm completely obsessed with day 5 content. So It'll have to wait!
I'd suggest taking a look at how it was done in the game element 174. they do an elegant job of it. its not that hard to create 1 flow chart. and honestly the guide would simply be for those who wish to explore every possible path. also I honestly believe having a flow chart like that helps the developers more than the player as it is basically your own plan and to help avoid continuity error. as a programmer myself, the one major thing thats drilled into us is how you need to plan out your code heavily before creating your program. the same applies here.

basically you just take every time you are given a choice, then have it point to the next choice. if this is a branching point, then it'll point to a different point. if the event has a flag, list what the flag is. if the next event is determined based on what flag you've hit. put a point above the event to show it only goes here if flag was found. I have no doubt that if this was done, your trigger map will be smaller, and easier to read and will help you keep in check what flags you have to work with already.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I'd suggest taking a look at how it was done in the game element 174. they do an elegant job of it. its not that hard to create 1 flow chart. and honestly the guide would simply be for those who wish to explore every possible path. also I honestly believe having a flow chart like that helps the developers more than the player as it is basically your own plan and to help avoid continuity error. as a programmer myself, the one major thing thats drilled into us is how you need to plan out your code heavily before creating your program. the same applies here.

basically you just take every time you are given a choice, then have it point to the next choice. if this is a branching point, then it'll point to a different point. if the event has a flag, list what the flag is. if the next event is determined based on what flag you've hit. put a point above the event to show it only goes here if flag was found. I have no doubt that if this was done, your trigger map will be smaller, and easier to read and will help you keep in check what flags you have to work with already.
I have no need for such a flowchart. I have my own ways of dealing with the continuity of storylines, and so far, it worked nicely.
So, if I'm building one, it's for the players.

And again, if anyone wants to try his luck at creating a walkthrough, he is very welcome. ;)

Reactions: Huitieme
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes