4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Doni94

Dec 29, 2018
How long do you think it ill last the future update ? Something like 3 hours depending on the speed of the reader ?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
How long do you think it ill last the future update ? Something like 3 hours depending on the speed of the reader ?
It's difficult to say. The script will be around 60 000 words long.
According to Google, the average reading speed is 250 words per minute.
So... it should take around 4 hours to read the full script.
If you try to actually play every path, it will probably take a bit more time.
That's just a very rough estimation.

1215grilz

Aug 18, 2017
P.S. WHAT in the hell is the obsession with "the shining"?? u n "ready player one"...i don't get it, it's not a good movie
Some people still read books/listen to audiobooks. While the movie wasn't that great, RPone is an excellent book and story.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ok going to have to chime in here as a former film critic with a very unpopular opinion hehehe.

The book is great...but it's possibly one of Kubrick's worst films...sorry. It's really only remembered for one thing and one thing alone. Jack Nicholson. If he wasn't in it...it really would be grade B horror trash from the era.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Ok going to have to chime in here as a former film critic with a very unpopular opinion hehehe.

The book is great...but it's possibly one of Kubrick's worst films...sorry. It's really only remembered for one thing and one thing alone. Jack Nicholson. If he wasn't in it...it really would be grade B horror trash from the era.
I feel this way about literally every Steven King book that has ever been made into a movie.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019

I'll have to agree. As far as I know Kubrik himself wasn't very proud of the movie.

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
All horror flicks are B grade aren't they? :oops: Acting and scripts are secondary to how loud the cast can scream while dying horribly on screen. :LOL: Prepares for barrage of rotten fruit arching in...:devilish: But seriously though, "the Shining" is better than most of the genre, especially for the era it came out. As for if a guy might like it in the sense of the story here, the MC is the type to be a fan or someone who would want to appear so. Plus its recognizable, even if its not as good a movie as "Jaws", "The Exorcist", "Rosemarey's Baby" or others of its era. I wager that there are really not that many horror flicks known worldwide, including those blockbusters of today. So the use of "the Shining fits".

As for books made into movies... aside from "The Hunger Games" or "My Sister's Keeper" where the books were the lesser quality... most are ruined by the studio twisting or carving up the story to fit in time slots and messages they wish to show. Shamefully many newer writers wish to write as if hoping their works will be picked up by Hollywood.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Huh, I've finished the second playthrough and while I bowed out of the Cassie dom stuff I have to say the Eve sub route(s) seem really well done. The Naughty Captain Do you have some personal experience with dom/sub stuff or at least have someone to ask about it or are you just come up with it like that? It seems like a lot of others have a rather different impression of it, somehow darker as in more yelling, spanking, pressure and such, not like it's a mutual thing.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Huh, I've finished the second playthrough and while I bowed out of the Cassie dom stuff I have to say the Eve sub route(s) seem really well done. The Naughty Captain Do you have some personal experience with dom/sub stuff or at least have someone to ask about it or are you just come up with it like that? It seems like a lot of others have a rather different impression of it, somehow darker as in more yelling, spanking, pressure and such, not like it's a mutual thing.
Speaking from actual experience, there is a lot of misconceptions (from both sexes) as to what BDSM (etc) really is...the whole dom/sub aspect and more. The majority (in my experience) have no clue and cannot discern dominating from domineering. Too many men are domineering and too many women are broken (in the scene) and think it's normal to be used/abused. All these relationships are different. I have no interest in giving pain or humilation etc but that's not to say even extreme BDSM relationships are wrong. Too many idiots in the scene think you must do this, must do the other and if you're not into it if you don't. Utter crap. Like a vanilla relationship everyone is different and does things differently.

My own kink is D/s personally. Ultimately this kind of relationship is no different to any other kind. This is what most can't or don't grasp. Trust always. Just like a vanilla relationship. With more extreme stuff...then trust is even more at the forefront...especially for the sub. The sub should always be in control, always the one really in charge and without trust, how can one truly give up full control to someone else? A dom can only be a dom because the sub lets them. This is why too many broken women (bad childhood, past relationships etc) end up with a guy who is dominnering instead of dominating and caring and that helps no one.

Said it before but will say again for those new, with the exception of Sisterly Lust, this imo has one of the best dom/sub paths (especially with Eve's love path) of any VN I've played so far and really, really look forward to ore content in this and hope it doesn't finish too early and that Naughty has a lot more story/content to come.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
All horror flicks are B grade aren't they? :oops: Acting and scripts are secondary to how loud the cast can scream while dying horribly on screen. :LOL: Prepares for barrage of rotten fruit arching in...:devilish: But seriously though, "the Shining" is better than most of the genre, especially for the era it came out. As for if a guy might like it in the sense of the story here, the MC is the type to be a fan or someone who would want to appear so. Plus its recognizable, even if its not as good a movie as "Jaws", "The Exorcist", "Rosemarey's Baby" or others of its era. I wager that there are really not that many horror flicks known worldwide, including those blockbusters of today. So the use of "the Shining fits".
I think that's the fundamental difference between those old horror movies and the modern jumpscare flicks. They were based on true horror rather than brutal surprise. Modern audiences are no longer used to this kind of film.

As for books made into movies... aside from "The Hunger Games" or "My Sister's Keeper" where the books were the lesser quality... most are ruined by the studio twisting or carving up the story to fit in time slots and messages they wish to show. Shamefully many newer writers wish to write as if hoping their works will be picked up by Hollywood.
It's understandable. Every writer is eager to get his story to the public. Also, the money...

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Nope, I have no experience and no contact with this world whatsoever. However, I read a lot of very diverse things and I documented myself. It's hard to write something satisfying if you don't try at least to understand the basics of it.

Just as Maviarab explained in his reply. The torture thing has nothing to do with the dominate / submit dynamics. At the very basics, it's about trust. The sub gives the dom power over him because he knows that the dom won't abuse that power, he trusts him. In return, the dom only gives the sub what he really wants. Just like Maviarab wrote.

Last edited:

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Nope, I have no experience and no contact with this world whatsoever. However, I read a lot of very diverse things and I documented myself. It's hard to write something satisfying if you don't try at least to understand the basics of it.

Just as Maviarab explained in his reply. The torture thing as nothing to do with the dominate / submit dynamics. At the very basics, it's about trust. The sub gives the dom power over him because he knows that the dom won't abuse that power, he trusts him. In return, the dom only gives the sub what he really wants. Just like Maviarab wrote.
Right, I've noticed some confusion about that in games I've played before where the dev tried to include that. Seems like a rather common misconception is stuff like name calling and such. There are a lot of fine differences, but I'm glad you got it right so far (y)

ethn99

Mar 26, 2020
I keep getting an error every time I save now. Just got to the part where that random girl texts you. Help?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I keep getting an error every time I save now. Just got to the part where that random girl texts you. Help?
I will need a bit more details to understand what's going on. Could you give me the error text ? and what version of the game are you playing ?

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes