• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Dev Update #68

The work on scene 23 & 24 is still going on.

I've finished rewriting and posing Scene 23. I've also scripted it and I've sent it to my proof-reader. It got a bit bigger, and I made a few more renders than I had planned but it's done. Eve's submission scene is ready.

Starting tomorrow I will focus on posing, and probably rewriting some parts of Scene 24. It's much smaller than scene 23 as there is only one variant of Eve's love event. I hope to be done with it within the week, scripting included.

Scene 25 is mostly drafted. Once I'll be done with Scene 24, the writing of Scene 25 should be fast.

I feel like I need to improve my workflow when it comes to transforming my scenes into a script usable by renpy. Right now I lose a lot of time formatting the script line by line. It took me 6 hours to transform the 7700 words of scene 23 into a 1254 lines long renpy script. It's way too much. I think I can improve that by changing my writing habits. It's a thing I'll have to look into once I'll be done with V0.5.

The quick sum up :

• Day 5 will contain 25 scenes.
  • Scenes up to Scene 24 are written.
  • Scenes up to Scene 23 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes up to Scene 23 are coded.
  • Scenes up to Scene 8 are proofread.
  • 81 061 words. 12 472 lines of script. 955 renders are done, 955 shots are posed.
  • I'm currently working on posing scene 24.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
Oh, anyway, on to scene twenty-four, which is a smashing
scene with some lovely acting, in which Arthur discovers a vital clue,
in which there aren't any swallows, although I think you can hear a
starling -oolp!

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Even though I don't believe in miracles, I hope the next Dev Update will tell us that he finished and they're betatesting the last update... :cry:

Come on, pal. Keep on keeping on.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

I haven't finished rewriting and posing scene 24 but I'm almost there. I still have around six hundreds words of the script to review and post but the most difficult part (aka the "action" part) is complete. I don't think I'll rewrite much of it aside from adding a couple of sentences. And the posing should represent something like 7 to 10 more shot to pose. No more. I'll work on it tonight and I'll finish it tomorrow. I'll code it on Sunday.
That means that I'll start working on the last scene of V0.5 on Monday. It's already outlined but I don't really know how big it will be. According to what is already done, it should be a medium-sized scene but things can change as I write them.

The quick sum up :
  • Scenes up to Scene 23 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes up to Scene 23 are coded.
  • 81 644 words. 12 472 lines of script. 992 renders are done, 999 shots are posed.
  • I'm currently working on posing scene 24.

The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
So, if we're lucky, we should have ourselves a release before Christmas, let's hope so ;)

I'm not gonna lie, it seems very difficult.

No way:

"Day 5 will contain 25 scenes.
[...]
Scenes up to Scene 8 are proofread ".
This is a bit misleading.
My proofreader actually as reviewed all script up to scene 19 but I haven't reported the correction into the game's script. This part doesn't take much time.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #70

Scene 24 is complete. Rewriting, posing, rendering, and coding are done.
I'm working on Scene 25. The last scene of V0.5.
I wanted to write it this week but I couldn't finish it, mainly because of Christmas as it took away almost two days of my week. For now, it's around four thousand words long and I think that I need one to two thousand more words to complete it. I'll work on it this weekend and I hope to finish it shortly so that I can start posing it on Monday.
I hope you all had a merry Christmas and I wish you a happy new year.

The quick sum up :
  • Scenes up to Scene 24 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes up to Scene 24 are coded.
  • 85 748 words. 12 990 lines of script. 1008 renders are done, 1008 shots are posed.
  • I'm currently working on writing scene 25.

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes