yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
As we people who studied latin would say: "mater semper certa est, pater numquam".

Meaning: you'd better ask for a DNA test.

Regarding blonde chicks: you might want to check if they're blonde "down there" too. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
Dunno about him, but I want to check them there all the time, regardless of genetics or fancy latin!

• Haha
Reactions: JamesM81 and Turret

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
[...] No one asks Nojiko why the kids are white because it's obvious they aren't her birth children.[...]
Well, none of the people they met assumed they were roommates/friends/siblings either, but most people think of them as a couple at first. This happens so often that Nami even jokes about it in chapter 4.5 when they met Aziz and his mom at the pizzeria. Implies that it's obvious to strangers that they are not related. Just saying, don't hate me for that, Ocean is to blame for all this ambiguity :)

Reactions: John972

John972

Apr 24, 2018
It's wondering why she was born a redhead when their parents and brother aren't. We all know the ginger gene can be carried and skip generations. But that's why they ask that.
Yeah, this pussyfooting around the issue is actually a huge weakness in the story as it currently stands, IMHO.

Summer and Zara ask the redhead question, but neither has ever met Nika/Nami's real parents, only Nojiko. Nika and Nami have a conversation discussing separate mothers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know a patch can alter the dialogue in these scenes... I just don't understand why Ocean bothers continuing this facade, considering he plans a Steam release. It's something that could destroy all his good work by risking the game being pulled with little warning from Patreon and/or Steam.

The only rationale I can see in continuing the facade, based on everything that's been presented up to v.4.5, is where Nika and Nami share the same father but different mothers - then there needs to be a Patreon/Steam-acceptable resolution to such a revelation (before intercourse). Whatever happens, it ultimately needs to make sense in the non-patched game version (especially if the game explodes on Steam).

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I know a patch can alter the dialogue in these scenes... I just don't understand why Ocean bothers continuing this facade, considering he plans a Steam release. It's something that could destroy all his good work by risking the game being pulled with little warning from Patreon and/or Steam.
For all it´s big flaws, Steam is not the main problem here, they allow more leeway with content. For instance, in the second episode of "9-Nine", even the kiddy-friendly version, you have to be a dummy to not get that one girl you are pursueing is your Sis.
Steam are oxen when it comes to age-verification, which is the reason e.g. we Germans have a lot of hassle getting some stuff, but unlike Patreon allow more sexual stuff be mentioned in games from the get go and they give a flying fuck if you later use 18+ patches. Patreon today on the other hand tries very hard to outpuritan the puritans.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
For all it´s big flaws, Steam is not the main problem here, they allow more leeway with content. For instance, in the second episode of "9-Nine", even the kiddy-friendly version, you have to be a dummy to not get that one girl you are pursueing is your Sis.
Steam are oxen when it comes to age-verification, which is the reason e.g. we Germans have a lot of hassle getting some stuff, but unlike Patreon allow more sexual stuff be mentioned in games from the get go and they give a flying fuck if you later use 18+ patches. Patreon today on the other hand tries very hard to outpuritan the puritans.
While I agree about Steam, the point I am making is the situation can change with little warning (like it did with Patreon, like it did with music licensing). I simply ask why any Dev would risk their investment in time and money to, in this case, moral forces outside of their control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turret

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The whole Season 1 might be fully "decensored" (siblings being siblings, high school setting) without any problems and get a 16+ rate as well.

The whole Patreon shit is damn well shit, since neither MC nor Nami are having sex with anyone in season 1.

Reactions: Turret

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Why would you fret over a fanmade patch? Ocean has clearly stated they are roommates, just like all the characters in WIAB.
It's not fretting over a fanmade patch. The unpatched story still needs to make sense. Dialogues about why is Cheeto a redhead, don't make sense outside of the patch. Maybe parentage, one way or another, is central to the storyline. We'll see...

I don't mind if the story reveals the two are related. I would just hate such a revelation to put the games' future on Patreon or Steam at risk. I hope and want Ocean to reap the benefits of a Steam release - Lord knows he deserves it, setting high standards and sticking to his guns.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes