KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Can someone explained to me on how the Zane family is considered a "mafia"?

I haven't played WIAB in sometime and the update to that game is coming pretty soon, so information about the Zane family maybe a bit off.

But I am aware that they are a rich and powerful family, even before the events of SG. Leia has successful bars and clubs businesses and Katie in the events of WIAB is starting her fashion business and going into sports if I remember correctly. I am not that knowledgeful of what the others do.

Also in the events of SG the Zane family have part ownership and sponsorship of the ZPR college.

So if the Zane's is considered a "mafia" family it is implied that they have criminal influences and criminal ties with them, like extortion, black market, tax evasion, etc.

Was there any events in WIAB that I missed that implies that they are the mafia?

View attachment 3044054
A preference and preview of one of Leia's business in the next chapter
Is considered a mafia family? i thought it's just a very rich and influential family.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
She protects and cares for Nika, all the while she also regularly is pretty hostile towards him. I think she was probably impacted in the event that led to Summer's disappearance, probably where she got her scar, and Nika couldn't give a fuck as he only had eyes for Summer + his trauma so he does not remember her.
Care? protection? she and Robin have been following him like private eyes tailing an unfaithful husband.

No idea why you think Sasha has something to do with Summer. You literally don't know anything. You only know she knows students who come from her former high school, which is NOT the high school Nika, Nami and Nia attended.
Everybody except Nika, Nia and Nami apparently attended the same high school (Mila too, who comes from a very different environment than Sasha).

Nothing in the story either tells or hints about Sasha's scar. Nobody talks about it, nor Nika ponders about it. Therefore anything you might argue about her scar is 100% imaginary. We don't know anything about it.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

I haven't played WIAB in sometime and the update to that game is coming pretty soon, so information about the Zane family maybe a bit off.

But I am aware that they are a rich and powerful family, even before the events of SG. Leia has successful bars and clubs businesses and Katie in the events of WIAB is starting her fashion business and going into sports if I remember correctly. I am not that knowledgeful of what the others do.

Also in the events of SG the Zane family have part ownership and sponsorship of the ZPR college.

So if the Zane's is considered a "mafia" family it is implied that they have criminal influences and criminal ties with them, like extortion, black market, tax evasion, etc.

Was there any events in WIAB that I missed that implies that they are the mafia?

View attachment 3044054
I think this comes from the old WIAB, which Ocean repeatedly called outdated and not relevant to new story. But nevertheless, many elements have been transfered into the new story, perhaps the mafia thing will be saved too. I don’t remember the old version well, and, to be honest, I didn’t really like it, but it seems that Scarlet’s husband, the brother-in-law of the MC's landlady, is in prison and is clearly connected with local gangs. Also Leia's business is somewhat shady, but I don't remember that quite right. We need sorco2003 here, he might remember :)

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Care? protection? she and Robin have been following him like private eyes tailing an unfaithful husband.

No idea why you think Sasha has something to do with Summer. You literally don't know anything. You only know she knows students who come from her former high school, which is NOT the high school Nika, Nami and Nia attended.
Everybody except Nika, Nia and Nami apparently attended the same high school (Mila too, who comes from a very different environment than Sasha).

Nothing in the story either tells or hints about Sasha's scar. Nobody talks about it, nor Nika ponders about it. Therefore anything you might argue about her scar is 100% imaginary. We don't know anything about it.
Maybe...maybe Sasha is a female noble warrior coming from the future and she got the scar fighting an eldritch alien monster from another dimension who tried to attack her world. :unsure:

Yup, sounds plausible enough for me.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019

Chill, I was speculating with my own thoughts as we always do on the thread. Why is that triggering you like this? Are you going to go off on all the other users discussing their theories? That'd be a full-time job. ;)

And yes, Sasha has softened Nika's fall with her hand at the gym, and she has followed him to help him with his panic attack. I'd say she has shown care/protection for him.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Mobs - cosa nostra, or Chicago ... they are the business behind the business owners.
Mobsters take protection money from rich business owners.
Owners who own half the town are cartel owners, meaning they will exert business pressure
on everybody else.
shit he is mob...bella told u enought what u need to know
he is not looking like tybald....
yep he is wierd ... he is part of mobs.. bella told u that if u have problem go to him.
Zane is the last name of the MC and his family in Where It All Began
Leia's last name is Zane in Where It All Began
Both the MC of SG and the MC of WiAB dine at the Relucia Diner. The leaf symbol also appears all the place so they are both located in Wollust. A particular earring also appears in both games. Other than that nothing too significant. None of the characters have interacted with each nor have they cameos in each other's games. Have to wait and see for now.
this small texas town of 14,000 people is suspiciously affluent and exciting.
this must also explain the 20 year old $1200/hour lawyer, the 20 year old multiple small business owning mob boss, the boutique clothing shop selling $10,000 suits. never saw any of this passing through the panhandle myself. well, i saw bikers.

Is considered a mafia family? i thought it's just a very rich and influential family.
I've seen post claiming that the Zane's is a Mafia. Maybe is all speculation
Te fact Mc had a gun in the first place, thought to use it and even had the chance to use it in the initial game,
while the adult MC in the real adult game where the mob all begun, we are talking about a rich American family,
the kind of rich that affords pivate security that will run things like a mafia.
MC and the dad in that other game were enforcers, doing the gun riding on their fellow business owners.

Mobs today are more like motorcycles clubs - they run delivery and own business fronts like the old timers,
remember the moonshine routes, now these are drug routes, while drugs get hidden in literally any and all produce
that drops doyly into your grocery.

Those girls dresed like saloon whores sure look like upscale bars drugs might be run through for high rollers.
Remember the last batman movie - girls be all skimpy, but the patrons would be too hammered/druggies to touch them.
Also, bars owned by the likes of the MC or his dad in Where it all began could give rich clientelle hard drugs while
having enticingly dressed hostesses keep dancing on and around them but only to enhance the drug effects, no actual prostitution.

Last edited:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

View attachment 3044054
mafia what mafia, are you talking about man? zane's family only works in waste management, all the other legal family businesses are just small investments, to sum up they all work in waste management and I don't want to hear more about that mafia. got it?.

b96eb2b8-e5fa-4acd-890b-dadf4ce8a917_screenshot.jpg

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I think this comes from the old WIAB, which Ocean repeatedly called outdated and not relevant to new story. But nevertheless, many elements have been transfered into the new story, perhaps the mafia thing will be saved too. I don’t remember the old version well, and, to be honest, I didn’t really like it, but it seems that Scarlet’s husband, the brother-in-law of the MC's landlady, is in prison and is clearly connected with local gangs. Also Leia's business is somewhat shady, but I don't remember that quite right. We need sorco2003 here, he might remember :)
Precisely, the connection was the gangs, where both William's father and uncle were part of (they talk a lot about the fall of one of those gangs for the rise of a faction, who are after Leia).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Maybe...maybe Sasha is a female noble warrior coming from the future and she got the scar trying to fight an eldritch alien monster from another dimension who tried to attack her world. :unsure:

Yup, sounds plausible enough for me.
Most plausible reason for her scar (according to what the story has told us by now): she got it in a match against Ayua.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Mobs - cosa nostra, or Chicago ... they are the business behind the business owners.
Mobsters take protection money from rich business owners.
Owners who own half the town are cartel owners, meaning they will exert business pressure
on everybody else.

Te fact Mc had a gun in the first place, thought to use it and even had the chance to use it in the initial game,
while the adult MC in the real adult game where the mob all begun, we are talking about a rich American family,
the kind of rich that affords pivate security that will run things like a mafia.
MC and the dad in that other game were enforcers, doing the gun riding on their fellow business owners.

Mobs today are more like motorcycles clubs - they run delivery and own business fronts like the old timers,
remember the moonshine routes, now these are drug routes, while drugs get hidden in literally any and all produce
that drops doyly into your grocery.

Those girls dresed like saloon whores sure look like upscale bars drugs might be run through for high rollers.
Remember the last batman movie - girls be all skimpy, but the patrons would be too hammered/druggies to touch them.
Also, bars owned by the likes of the MC or his dad in Where it all began could give rich clientelle hard drugs while
having enticingly dressed hostesses keep dancing on and around them but only to enhance the drug effects, no actual prostitution.
The gun was not his, it belonged to the teacher

VicLex22

Oct 31, 2022
Precisely, the connection was the gangs, where both William's father and uncle were part of (they talk a lot about the fall of one of those gangs for the rise of a faction, who are after Leia).
hehe, and here is one of the members of this gang in Ch5 SG.
The group run by Uncle Joe (Scarlett's husband and Katarina and Lucas' father) in the old WIAB was called "MC".
By the way, this biker is very similar to Uncle Joe, but in the old WIAB he was covered in tattoos.
sa115 SG.jpg

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes