Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
For me all the major character changes were big downgrades. Nami's earlier body looks like 100 times sexier compared to her hulk bulky version in the preview and Mila now looks just worse to me and close to entirely unappealing.

And so far im not convinced by the new Ayua look either, it seems to entirely lack her energetic and cheerful attitude but i guess this could change when seeing her in different circumstances, i liked the old design tho, less serious.

Im just lucky that i doesnt really care about the changed characters as LIs this much, i would be really annoyed/pissed if Ocean suddenly turns Bella, Sasha or Zara into a hulk or makes their tits unnessecary big.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
I didn't understand what Ocean meant here, to be honest 200 lines of code seem easy, though.
However, it must be remembered that what hinders development speed is the rendering quality that exceeds the PC's capacity. Hopefully the new PC can provide a significant increase in work speed.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I saw this comment in reddit -> "Less than 200 line means update possible in maybe 3-4 months."
is this true ?
If that was from Ocean himself..he trolling Reddit for the cesspit echo chamber it is lol.

He was always aiming for end of Jan...how long it then takes Steam to do their shit is another matter. Then it will be officially out/released. Though if he left here, I'd be utterly fucking amazed if Ocean is on reddit.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It would be a shame if too many renders from that first day at college are changed, all for the sake of one hairdo. Honestly, I'd be fine if Ocean just "hung a lantern on it" - i.e. have Mila comment later that she was just trying a different hairstyle during those first few days. But, as you say, her body is different too... so, it's more than just the hairstyle. If he does revisit it, I hope Ocean can render those scenes exactly the same, but with an updated Mila.
I'd imagine he has the scenes backed up, and all he'd have to do is load the assets to rerender - that would be sensible anyway - always keeping a backup of the unflattened project file in case you lose the render.

Then it'd just be the simple case of tweaking Mila's assets. I might be naive, but that's how most multimedia stuff works, you have all the raw assets, a file stores how they interact together in the app space, and then you can churn out all your separate format outputs. I don't do graphic rendering, but the principle is probably the same as what I'm used to.

I saw this comment in reddit -> "Less than 200 line means update possible in maybe 3-4 months."
is this true ?
From the dev log a couple of pages back, down the bottom after the distracting Nami renders:

"Less than 200 lines are left. I can see the light.

It also feels so good to work on Season 2 again."

Someone replied then that we'd see it at the end of March as a usual trollish Ocean-can't-tie-his-shoes-without-tripping-over-a-render-pc kinda comment.

I think it means something like 200 lines of the script to connect to renders - ie the renders are all done, but need to be put into place and tested etc. I don't expect this will delay anything. The time sink items are the intro cinematic and the gallery.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'd imagine he has the scenes backed up, and all he'd have to do is load the assets to rerender - that would be sensible anyway - always keeping a backup of the unflattened project file in case you lose the render.

Then it'd just be the simple case of tweaking Mila's assets. I might be naive, but that's how most multimedia stuff works, you have all the raw assets, a file stores how they interact together in the app space, and then you can churn out all your separate format outputs. I don't do graphic rendering, but the principle is probably the same as what I'm used to.
You would be correct good Ser Duck.

I imagine Ocean saves the complete loaded scene and also saves a complete loaded scene minus characters (as well seperate saved character files). So you'll have seperate dufs saved for characters (even possibly with diff clothes etc) and a seperate saved full scene minus characters (example..book club).

That way, you can load a character with ease with clothing already done into any scene, or load a full scene and just change a cup placement...or a hair style...or a top...whatever. Lot of data, lot of space required to do this for...every...scene (I know lol)...but makes going forward much quicker, especially if you need to just quickly adjust something to re-render it.

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
This might be a controversial take, but I'm a little disappointed that there's less variety in body types as the game continues. Every girl keeps getting larger over time. I'm sure most people out there don't mind at all, it's just a little unfortunate for people like me who enjoy thinner/petite women.

It's a really minor disappointment in an AVN that I thoroughly enjoy overall. It definitely won't stop me from playing and loving new updates in the future. Hopefully the new hardware means we'll see some of season 2 this year.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

From the dev log a couple of pages back, down the bottom after the distracting Nami renders:

"Less than 200 lines are left. I can see the light.

It also feels so good to work on Season 2 again."

Someone replied then that we'd see it at the end of March as a usual trollish Ocean-can't-tie-his-shoes-without-tripping-over-a-render-pc kinda comment.

I think it means something like 200 lines of the script to connect to renders - ie the renders are all done, but need to be put into place and tested etc. I don't expect this will delay anything. The time sink items are the intro cinematic and the gallery.
I asked him and it's 200 lines of dialogue. Congrats, your train of thought was correct.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes