minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
But seriously, I recently looked through several threads of games that I used to like. For most, nothing has changed; the yellow banner next to their game titles remains in place; Some of them don't, but their developers struggle with the "writer's block"; I don’t know what this bullshit means, I hope it’s not a new covid strain. Many of them started at the same time as Ocean.
I'll try to explain it to you from a developer's perspective:

Let's start with the basics: What do you need to bring to develop a VN?

1. You should be a developer, or at least have some empathy, although I don't attach great importance to this part
2. It is essential that you are an author and can tell a story. You should also be very knowledgeable when it comes to choosing words!
3. Graphic designer with a penchant for expressive images and animations, with the appropriate hardware power
4. Strong-willed, a VN isn't just created, it takes YEARS!
5. A concept or storyboard that is worked out and written down in detail. That too takes time.

Many developers underestimate points 2 and 3, but especially point 4! Everything takes time and if I e.g. For example, if you read here that 2000+ renderings were made, that's a lot of wood! And for point 5 I can give you 2-3 examples that cannot be surpassed in terms of lack of concept!

What is the general process?

At the beginning of a VN, the inclined developer is there with enthusiasm, will and energy. Here he overlooks the fact that the story and characters are not yet complex and so it is not surprising that they generate rapid progress in a very short time. Well, and then you get to a point where working on this VN turns into real work. Or the developer's personal circumstances have changed that were previously unforeseeable. It could also happen that the hoped-for EBIT does not materialize. But the fact is that developing a VN is real work and requires a constant high level of motivation. Basically, after an update, the developer starts again from the beginning -> from 0. The question of meaning that the developer asks himself always lingers. As long as the VN does not have the status "complete", there is always the risk that it will appear "abandoned". It doesn't matter whether it happens after the first or second to last update.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Rants about personal preferences not met are not reviews, but that is not the only thing that you don't understand.
And it doesn't matter for a review what you think "Ocean has done to his patreons" (I am one of them btw and he did nothing to me), let me help you here: A review is supposed to rate the product as it is at the time of review. Not how it came to be, that should be utterly irrelevant.

If you are one of those who cannot wait for all those updates, come back in a few years when it is finished. It would save your nerves and those of many here who haven't yet set you on ignore. ;)
Dude this guy is obsessed with Ocean, no matter what you say he will not consider it. His whole life turns around ocean while calling other people whiteknights who just enjoy the avn.

Obiously Ocean doesnt have to redeem himself to some pirates on a pirate forum, this guy always tries to speak for the patreon-supporters while he never supported a single day in his life, hes delusional on a different level. Just let him ramble.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
I thought that it was already clear to everyone that I did not take white knights into account.
Just admit you are wrong.

Why try to move the convo away from you saying "Nobody is happy that Ocean remade the plot and cut out the erotic scenes"

You said "NOBODY" that = the "white knights" too, as you call them. You were wrong, got proved that and then tried to move away from being wrong with a lame, not funny joke.

Pathetic.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Rants about personal preferences not met are not reviews, but that is not the only thing that you don't understand.
And it doesn't matter for a review what you think "Ocean has done to his patreons" (I am one of them btw and he did nothing to me), let me help you here: A review is supposed to rate the product as it is at the time of review. Not how it came to be, that should be utterly irrelevant.

If you are one of those who cannot wait for all those updates, come back in a few years when it is finished. It would save your nerves and those of many here who haven't yet set you on ignore. ;)
Then any review can be considered a rant and not taken into account. Even yours. By the way, you are the only Patreon who praises Ocean even after the Steam version. Perhaps I would even be happy and surprised about this if you were not one of his defenders.

I don't agree with you about the reviews. Every opinion is important, because they are used to form the rating by which the game is evaluated. Without this, how will you determine which game is successful and which is not?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Being a DIK is overrated. Fuck those sandbox portions. Dropped that game and haven't gone back.

Well, if Season 2 is supposed to be "sex" heavy, that should be on the top of the "To do" list (To Do List = Bella, Nami, Amber, Vic wheelchair sex action?)

Unless its other characters who are having sex while Nika watches (girl on girl, girl on girl with Strap-on etc)
I can imagine Bella might purchase more toys to use on Nika, she'll get her satisfaction one way or another. For all our sakes' I hope he figures it out sooner than she can order a strapon.

Dude this guy is obsessed with Ocean, no matter what you say he will not consider it. His whole life turns around ocean while calling other people whiteknights who just enjoy the avn.

Obiously Ocean doesnt have to redeem himself to some pirates on a pirate forum, this guy always tries to speak for the patreon-supporters while he never supported a single day in his life, hes delusional on a different level. Just let him ramble.
If that poster was reviewing lightswitches, they'd try to convince everyone there's only on or off. They haven't noticed the invention of dimmers, and can't imagine anything in between. 'It's not on! Everyone knows it!'

What I like about SG is the nuance, the subtleties in between moments. Other people can keep flipping light switches trying to induce a seizure if they do it enough.

It's funny how polarised these kind of posts are: everyone's a white knight if they don't hate Ocean. It's simping in reverse. No one reverse simps like that poster - does he do it to all devs, or does he just have a raging boner for Ocean?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
If that poster was reviewing lightswitches, they'd try to convince everyone there's only on or off. They haven't noticed the invention of dimmers, and can't imagine anything in between. 'It's not on! Everyone knows it!'

What I like about SG is the nuance, the subtleties in between moments. Other people can keep flipping light switches trying to induce a seizure if they do it enough.

It's funny how polarised these kind of posts are: everyone's a white knight if they don't hate Ocean. It's simping in reverse. No one reverse simps like that poster - does he do it to all devs, or does he just have a raging boner for Ocean?
Haha yeah, as if a middle ground like for example "I enjoy the avn yet the slow development time annoys me" wouldnt exist at all. You have to be full front and best case insulting towards ocean and arent allowed to enjoy the avn at all or youre a white knight. Its a pretty simple worldview.

He's only writing here, you could see it before he changed his profile to private, thats why i called it a obsession. He has to like something about the avn or him staying here would be even more insane i guess. I try to imagine being like him and fail, does he awake every day and the first thing he feels is immense disappointment about ocean?

Seeing cocks on screen or two more tits seems so utterly important to him despite hating the avn so much, you could make a social study about this guy.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I will watch your progress with great interest.
missed opportunity to insert Emperor Palpatine meme.

I can imagine Bella might purchase more toys to use on Nika, she'll get her satisfaction one way or another. For all our sakes' I hope he figures it out sooner than she can order a strapon.
I kinda want to see this but for a different reason. I want Bella to threaten Nika with a strapon , then he still doesn't get a boner for her so she does order it and show it to him so he knows she is serious. Then she gives him a time limit to fix his dick or he gets pegged. While that probably be for some bad story telling on how he gets a boner. I think it would be funny as hell if something like did happen and it worked to fix his dick . As well would mean Ocean could create different scenario's / story reasons on how he gets it to work again depending on his path and choices. I know something like this isn't going to happen but your comment gave me that idea.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I kinda want to see this but for a different reason. I want Bella to threaten Nika with a strapon , then he still doesn't get a boner for her so she does order it and show it to him so he knows she is serious. Then she gives him a time limit to fix his dick or he gets pegged. While that probably be for some bad story telling on how he gets a boner. I think it would be funny as hell if something like did happen and it worked to fix his dick . As well would mean Ocean could create different scenario's / story reasons on how he gets it to work again depending on his path and choices. I know something like this isn't going to happen but your comment gave me that idea.
Based on the old WiaB I wouldn't put it past Ocean to do such things. WiaB both old and current tells me Ocean isn't frightened of doing intense sex scenes, but he hates having them as filler. Maybe that's why I'm not worried about the lack of lewds in SG, because I've seen what Ocean does with extended lewd scenes in WiaB. And young highschool college guy loses his virginity to the first woman who spends time with him is a really overplayed trope.

Reactions: hermit_tr

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

No thanks lol, this sounds rubbish no matter the way you look at it.

Forcing someone to become able to be intimate? Switch the genders and you may get how shitty that sounds.

And no way Nika would go along with shit like that lol, he isn’t a holgerson.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
If Summer's Gone is successful on Steam and Ocean gets wealthy, you will be devastated.
If Ocean is successful and gets rich on Steam, I will be very happy about it. But to achieve this, Ocean will have to develop the game, and not endless reworks. Steam doesn't forgive mistakes like Patreon does. Therefore, DPC updates 6000 frames once a year, someone releases 1000+ renders as DN every 2 months. In general, Ocean will have to take the game seriously if he wants to get rich. He will no longer be able to release a bunch of renders with dialogues without meaning, which only stretch out the game, as before.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
If Summer's Gone is successful on Steam and Ocean gets wealthy, you will be devastated.
Your assumptions may not always be as accurate as you think. You guys somehow trick yourselves into believing every single critic has a personal vendetta against Ocean for some reason...

I can only speak for myself but as a critic of SG and Ocean for years I DO hope he makes millions! I want him to create a company, rent out a studio, hire a small team of devs to work on his games full time. I want him to get big enough to make deals with artists and brands and have real life products represented in the game. Real songs written by real artists specifically for the game. I want him to pump out 1000 high quality render updates every 3 months for both of his games!

Just because I don't find him/his games worthy of my own money (at this point), doesn't mean I don't want him to get everyone else's :WeSmart:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Your assumptions may not always be as accurate as you think. You guys somehow trick yourselves into believing every single critic has a personal vendetta against Ocean for some reason...

I can only speak for myself but as a critic of SG and Ocean for years I DO hope he makes millions! I want him to create a company, rent out a studio, hire a small team of devs to work on his games full time. I want him to get big enough to make deals with artists and brands and have real life products represented in the game. Real songs written by real artists specifically for the game. I want him to pump out 1000 high quality render updates every 3 months for both of his games!

Just because I don't find him/his games worthy of my own money (at this point), doesn't mean I don't want him to get everyone else's :WeSmart:
Do you consider yourself as the same type of critic as the mentioned poster?

If not, your reply doesn’t make a lot of sense as it wasn’t against critics in general but very specific about one person.

If yes, my condolences

• Sad
Reactions: Hollibolli

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
I want Bella to threaten Nika with a strapon , then he still doesn't get a boner for her so she does order it and show it to him so he knows she is serious.

Then she gives him a time limit to fix his dick or he gets pegged.
Oh my god...this made me laugh :ROFLMAO: nooo! imagine if Nika did get hard from getting pegged... he'd need to get pegged by everyone just to get hard.... hmmm, I mean, that could work. Until Nika is able to get hard on his own without the need for said peg.

Bella with a Strap-on (new song title?) would just be interesting to see in general. The way she kissed Nika while he was handcuffed... I thought she was about to attempt to ride him right then and there lol. She could also dry hump his cock, cums all over it and smiles, enjoying Nika's look after she enjoyed herself.

My mind is going places it can't go right now... gotta go to work. 6am... shit.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
In the Mila path I got to say Vanessa has to toe the line. She said she knows Mila, Mila said I've never met you. She responded but I know you Ms.Steiner. Even though they didn't show it, I am 100% sure Nika look at her with curious as well as warning eyes.

Reactions: yossa999

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Based on the old WiaB I wouldn't put it past Ocean to do such things. WiaB both old and current tells me Ocean isn't frightened of doing intense sex scenes, but he hates having them as filler. Maybe that's why I'm not worried about the lack of lewds in SG, because I've seen what Ocean does with extended lewd scenes in WiaB. And young highschool college guy loses his virginity to the first woman who spends time with him is a really overplayed trope.
even if it is kind of accurate irl.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Oh my god...this made me laugh :ROFLMAO: nooo! imagine if Nika did get hard from getting pegged... he'd need to get pegged by everyone just to get hard.... hmmm, I mean, that could work. Until Nika is able to get hard on his own without the need for said peg.

Bella with a Strap-on (new song title?) would just be interesting to see in general. The way she kissed Nika while he was handcuffed... I thought she was about to attempt to ride him right then and there lol. She could also dry hump his cock, cums all over it and smiles, enjoying Nika's look after she enjoyed herself.

My mind is going places it can't go right now... gotta go to work. 6am... shit.
Nika's lament
WS and his guitar.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

As you say not every single critic, just as you know that not all fans are white knights or simps. Most people are quite ordinary in liking things or disliking things and are happy with their own personal preferences. I don't attempt to speak for you, you don't speak for me, and we get along, more informed from more angles. That particular poster though, there's no grey for them, everyone's on one side or the other. Everything is extreme hyperbole (yes that was intentional) that must be fought! For the sake of the patrons! Or something.

And as far as Ocean doing well - the more AVN's that manage to succeed, the more it shifts the industry to being friendlier to AVN developers. So I totally get your point - wanting ANY dev to fail rather than improve makes it tougher for all devs.

I'd like your post but they haven't reset for today yet - wish the site would allow more reactions because people write cool things.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes