BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Just a figure of speech. I wouldn't keep coming back here if I didn't enjoy the discussion :)

I definitely agree with your post and can even understand your perspective. But there are so many things that frustrate me. Even not too long ago I believe it was you that made a post regarding the layout of the city of Wollust. I read the whole thing and it left me even more depressed because I realized that even after an entire season of "world building", Ocean failed miserably at it, imo. I find myself unable to paint a clear picture of what the town looks like. Unable to understand most characters because everything is vague. Everything is surface level. There is no anchor to ground the story. Everything in this story seems to be in a permanent state of flux. I feel like there is nothing I can hold onto. No piece of solid land I can start navigating the story from that won't just crumble away beneath my feet.

Don't let Maviarab see this but at this point, having done a new playthrough of both games, I have to admit that even though I don't much care for it, WiAB is the far superior game. In almost every regard. Like you said it's more focused, more grounded, more reliable and easier to understand. Even the dialogue is stronger. And that sucks for SG :(
Excellent :cool:

In gneral, all agreed. It's frustrating, but there's still a lot of great things. Most of the continuity issues are thefirst three chapters, because Ocean's tried to find new jigsaw pieces and force them into the shape of the old, without them being the same shapes. The whole point of those changes was to make it ambigious. If (one day far in the future) Ocean does a directors cut, I imagine he'll return plenty of things back in. As it is now, he could do that easily without really having to do much work. For that to happen though, SG will have to be successful enough that he can deliver it completely the way he wished, without the dictates of external pressures (real or feared). It's far easier to do it with a successful franchise, I'm not naive about that.

Regards Wollust's geography, it's like the dead guys in Diehard who flinch and blink. I get what Ocean intends but I suspect he just got overwhelmed with all the things left to do, and just decided to get it out and move on. I highly respect that decision, simply because WIaB and CH 4.5 and 5 of SG (actual chapter content, not the release themselves) do have far more continuity than Ch 1. Wiab's current coherence shows that it's easier to build from scratch rather than shoehorn in a rework. But yeah, it's like a dream, where two different mutually exclusive things coexist. I just allow my disbelief to be suspended, as the locations aren't really so important - the cabin could be anywhere, and the narrative result is the same - Nika experienced something traumatic. Easiest thing to fix all that geography? Put tha cabin 2 hours away. Most of Europe is only 2 hours to a new border right? :sneaky: Fix that, and all the concerns about geography vanish. It's also a throwawy line, nothing valuable exists in putting the cabin so remote.

I think Season 2 will end up having the same sort of consistency that WiaB enjoys, now that Ocean's gotten over the first hurdle. I think it's important to recognise that it's the first time he's released a fully commercial version of the game, and it's still better than 95% of what steam presents in my discovery queue.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I love Tiddies that being said. What happened to Milas face during the gym scene. Looked like 2 completely different people. The pants looks like she farted and blew out a patch of her pants. Not a rip at least not that type of rip.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Excellent :cool:

In gneral, all agreed. It's frustrating, but there's still a lot of great things. Most of the continuity issues are thefirst three chapters, because Ocean's tried to find new jigsaw pieces and force them into the shape of the old, without them being the same shapes. The whole point of those changes was to make it ambigious. If (one day far in the future) Ocean does a directors cut, I imagine he'll return plenty of things back in. As it is now, he could do that easily without really having to do much work. For that to happen though, SG will have to be successful enough that he can deliver it completely the way he wished, without the dictates of external pressures (real or feared). It's far easier to do it with a successful franchise, I'm not naive about that.

Regards Wollust's geography, it's like the dead guys in Diehard who flinch and blink. I get what Ocean intends but I suspect he just got overwhelmed with all the things left to do, and just decided to get it out and move on. I highly respect that decision, simply because WIaB and CH 4.5 and 5 of SG (actual chapter content, not the release themselves) do have far more continuity than Ch 1. Wiab's current coherence shows that it's easier to build from scratch rather than shoehorn in a rework. But yeah, it's like a dream, where two different mutually exclusive things coexist. I just allow my disbelief to be suspended, as the locations aren't really so important - the cabin could be anywhere, and the narrative result is the same - Nika experienced something traumatic. Easiest thing to fix all that geography? Put tha cabin 2 hours away. Most of Europe is only 2 hours to a new border right? :sneaky: Fix that, and all the concerns about geography vanish. It's also a throwawy line, nothing valuable exists in putting the cabin so remote.

I think Season 2 will end up having the same sort of consistency that WiaB enjoys, now that Ocean's gotten over the first hurdle. I think it's important to recognise that it's the first time he's released a fully commercial version of the game, and it's still better than 95% of what steam presents in my discovery queue.
I have my own motive for wanting the cabin to be 4 - 6 hours away from where they now live.

I'm hoping that this is the story device that prompts Amber and the MC to have to overnight together following the cabin visit.

Amber will be there for the MC and any emotional aftershocks from the visit/recollections And - I'm hoping - some of Amber's unconventional therapy, like roleplaying as Summer to help the MC resolve not getting to say goodbye to Summer, will be involved. This will be part of the events at the cabin before they are forced to overnight away from everyone else.

I'm also hoping that the night together leads to Amber comforting the MC, first as Summer, then when the MC wakes from his bad dream scape, we get Amber path points/choices - continue making out with/fondling Amber or stop.

He does not have to call her Amber but, continued intimacy and the desired physical response from the MC will help Amber know that her therapy is working before she brings it to a stop (Amber path) or the MC does (non-Amber path), for example.

Later, she may reflect (and ask him in the next therapy session) at what point in their intimacy did he realize that Summer was not there, and Amber was (more Amber path points/choices for honesty), and why did he choose to continue?

This question won't be to embarrass the MC but to help him understand that he was driven by a partially awakened libido and his body was responding to the stimulus of being with Amber, as she intended - so no guilt over actions taken - it's all in the name of healing... ;)

That discussion could lead to Amber continuing her unconventional therapy in her office - physical intimacy (making out and fondling each other in the beginning) with the MC to ensure he continues to rise to the occasion.

How long this therapy goes on with Amber's personal help, and how far they take that intimacy could make for a nice slow burn into the Amber LI relationship.

If the cabin is only two hours away, for example, for the version of the cabin visit I laid out above to occur, then we must have bad weather and/or car troubles drive Amber and the MC to seek shelter - overnight.

It still works but a 4-6 hour car drive allows, IMO, more bonding between the MC and Amber and forces the overnight for safety after an emotionally and likely physically exhausting visit to the cabin.

Anyway - so ends my latest speculation/desires about the upcoming cabin visit! :love:

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I have my own motive for wanting the cabin to be 4 - 6 hours away from where they now live.

I'm hoping that this is the story device that prompts Amber and the MC to have to overnight together following the cabin visit.

Amber will be there for the MC and any emotional aftershocks from the visit/recollections And - I'm hoping - some of Amber's unconventional therapy, like roleplaying as Summer to help the MC resolve not getting to say goodbye to Summer, will be involved. This will be part of the events at the cabin before they are forced to overnight away from everyone else.

I'm also hoping that the night together leads to Amber comforting the MC, first as Summer, then when the MC wakes from his bad dream scape, we get Amber path points/choices - continue making out with/fondling Amber or stop.

He does not have to call her Amber but, continued intimacy and the desired physical response from the MC will help Amber know that her therapy is working before she brings it to a stop (Amber path) or the MC does (non-Amber path), for example.

Later, she may reflect (and ask him in the next therapy session) at what point in their intimacy did he realize that Summer was not there, and Amber was (more Amber path points/choices for honesty), and why did he choose to continue?

This question won't be to embarrass the MC but to help him understand that he was driven by a partially awakened libido and his body was responding to the stimulus of being with Amber, as she intended - so no guilt over actions taken - it's all in the name of healing... ;)

That discussion could lead to Amber continuing her unconventional therapy in her office - physical intimacy (making out and fondling each other in the beginning) with the MC to ensure he continues to rise to the occasion.

How long this therapy goes on with Amber's personal help, and how far they take that intimacy could make for a nice slow burn into the Amber LI relationship.

If the cabin is only two hours away, for example, for the version of the cabin visit I laid out above to occur, then we must have bad weather and/or car troubles drive Amber and the MC to seek shelter - overnight.

It still works but a 4-6 hour car drive allows, IMO, more bonding between the MC and Amber and forces the overnight for safety after an emotionally and likely physically exhausting visit to the cabin.

Anyway - so ends my latest speculation/desires about the upcoming cabin visit! :love:

Cheers!! :coffee:
Oh of course, that works too, but moving the cabin close enough for two non drivers to walk to, when Nika and Nami have a forest lake near where they live and they jump from location to location... it's easy enough for things to happen at the cabin - Nika has a panic attack, Amber can't get hold of any help and nurses him in a motel. Same potential can be achieved without the eldritch geography that bends time and space :alien:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I'm replaying the game and realized that Sonya is the most suitable for the mc to recovery his mind. In relationship with her he will be in charge, there will not be those strong competitive women with complexes from the past like Zara, she is restrained, will not pester with sex like Nami or Nia, will not feel inferior because she is poor, like Mila, not having bats in the belfry like Bella.
So I'm looking forward to Ocean giving us that peace of mind with Sonya.

Reactions: Chemical_Mood91

songlick

May 19, 2024
To be honest Sonya is the only single non-option for me. Iranian islamic woman with that kind of background, it's just way way incompatible with literally everything. People don't transform that drastically, if from a strict background like hers it takes at least couple generations to leave all religious teachings behind that are in contrast with western life. Not to mention you would probably need a complex "side quest" to get rid of her entire family if she even wants that - even if she would like more freedom.. not likely she wants to give up her entire belief system and family for it. Curiosity and wanting more freedom is normal, but it doesn't mean a complete transformation. If MC was a non-religious iranian, or a VERY polite and conservative rural westerner, maybe compromises could be made by leaving the family behind.
Yeah it's fantasy, grass can be blue and sky green, you may be a guy that can get so many women so easily that it's funny, but some things don't make sense even within the story with such a family. A distant and cautious friendship makes sense if one wants to be friendly and welcoming.
I understand that the forbidden fruit makes it attractive option to pursue. Kinda like chasing a nun (just way more unrealistic).

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
To be honest Sonya is the only single non-option for me. Iranian islamic woman with that kind of background, it's just way way incompatible with literally everything. People don't transform that drastically, if from a strict background like hers it takes at least couple generations to leave all religious teachings behind that are in contrast with western life. Not to mention you would probably need a complex "side quest" to get rid of her entire family if she even wants that - even if she would like more freedom.. not likely she wants to give up her entire belief system and family for it. Curiosity and wanting more freedom is normal, but it doesn't mean a complete transformation. If MC was a non-religious iranian, or a VERY polite and conservative rural westerner, maybe compromises could be made by leaving the family behind.
Yeah it's fantasy, grass can be blue and sky green, you may be a guy that can get so many women so easily that it's funny, but some things don't make sense even within the story with such a family. A distant and cautious friendship makes sense if one wants to be friendly and welcoming.
I understand that the forbidden fruit makes it attractive option to pursue. Kinda like chasing a nun (just way more unrealistic).
Why are you guys discussing the moldy wet mop cockroach Sonya like she is popular or something, while super sexy queen of sexiness Maya exists. Excuse me, what?

Reactions: vireker

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I know what you mean. Of the Muslim countries, Ocean chose one of the less secular ones for Sonya. He could have made her home country Morocco at least. Clone fans would immediately visualize the story of Jade and Lucas :D . (although in that case it's more Latifa and Lucas.)
But I don't see a reason to go too deep since it's fantasy, after all we don't think about how realistic a family harem is some games, sometimes you have to turn off some logic to play comfortable

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I know what you mean. Of the Muslim countries, Ocean chose one of the less secular ones for Sonya. He could have made her home country Morocco at least. Clone fans would immediately visualize the story of Jade and Lucas :D . (although in that case it's more Latifa and Lucas.)
But I don't see a reason to go too deep since it's fantasy, after all we don't think about how realistic a family harem is some games, sometimes you have to turn off some logic to play comfortable
For some odd reason SG is the most popular AVN among brazilians, I swear, I have never encountered so many compatriotes in one fandom especially in such a niche one

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
For some odd reason SG is the most popular AVN among brazilians, I swear, I have never encountered so many compatriotes in one fandom especially in such a niche one
I've noticed this from reactions to discord posts, interesting..... I always thought Brazilians would have liked something more fun than SG.
Russians like SG too, as you can see by the flags in discord (2nd place after Brazilians), but it's more understandable here: the gloomy protagonist is mentally close in character.
IF. :cautious: , and even in the IF case, he still gonna be one of the lamest protagonist :ROFLMAO:
Best protagonist. He's not a pervert, he's not a nerd, not a funny idiot type mc and he has his own character, not a hollow one as is often the case in VNs.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
When Nikas solider starts to salute. Namis going to ask him now what's your plan. He's going to say Nojiko is staying at Nicks place tonight. Hint hint.

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes