Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
These veins look, so weird. Seems like She's benching so hard.
Eh, they're a bit too visible for me, like Ocean's displaying them just to show that he can - "look at deez nuts renders". At least, that's the kind of vibe I'm getting. They are realistic, and the cloth animation was also comparitively amazing in this cinematic, so I can't really complain (I guess he was using Blender for this one).

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
So we got 3.5 beta then later 3.5 full and now currently 4.0 beta, does anyone know or recall about how much time there is between beta and full releases? And does ocean rotate between summers gone and where it all began?

Reactions: Laehtsia

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
I guess he was using Blender for this one
it's still DAZ, when he'll switch he'll switch totally not just making doing poses in DAZ and animation in blender. If you've played Chasing sunset last episode , the animations in that are made on blender ( am not sure but saw somewhere on that thread) and stills on DAZ there's clearly a big difference between the quality there

Jun 25, 2021
I replay this VN once every few months and I'm awed every time. Summer's gone is just incredible in every single aspect. The characters, character design, posing, lighting, rendering, dialogue writing, plot and character writing - every thing is great.

I used to a have a boyfriend like MC - an emo boy who was "above everything". He wasn't nearly as interesting as MC but it was a fun relationship. I also used have an extremely rich acquaintance - someone who tried very hard to be cool and interesting, but came off as cringey and pretentious. This game reminds me of that phase in my life.

My girlfriend never showed any interest in visual novels, but I'm gonna try to get her into them now with this one.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
So we got 3.5 beta then later 3.5 full and now currently 4.0 beta, does anyone know or recall about how much time there is between beta and full releases? And does ocean rotate between summers gone and where it all began?
He switches up development by day, so one day SG and one day WIAB. Overall he develops them both side by side. Full release will most likely come before July (the people in this thread can attest to my estimate-making capabilities).

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
I don't think it's an error. The necklace probably just looks like that.
View attachment 1858757
It's probably a model issue, I remember Scarlett from FF7 Remake had this problem.
If I recall correctly, it happens because the necklace is a different mesh, so it can't sit flush with her...assets. Saying that Ocean purposely made it floating is a bit of a tall order for me, even with his perfectionism trait.

albatare

May 4, 2017
This thread is so fucking weird, half of the messages and reviews feel like they're just bots pushing a scam and the other half written by people paid by the dev.

it's either "omg best game ever, 5*", "best game i've ever played, 5*" or someone pointing out something very specific and praising the dev for it like "look at this, look at that, the dev put so much thought and effort into it"

A necklace? The dress some chick wears during X scene? Ok great, but how do you care enough to talk about a couple of renders for PAGES? It's most likely just hardcore "fans" but it really reads like a dev baiting praise, especially this dev, the dude who takes a literal year to release each update.

frenk

Feb 11, 2018
Pure art every single image, every shot .... simply unique. If the author puts it on steam I take it on the fly.

rob7278

Jan 22, 2020
I'm just not a fan of when Dev's have characters play an rpg game within a VN.
I mean - a VN is already basically an rpg game, so you are playing an rpg within an rpg.
Also the key elements that make playing rpg games fun, are absent when you are just reading about a MC playing an rpg game - creating your character, interacting with your friends, interacting with the story, the element of chance by rolling the die.
and the rpg game in this VN was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.
I clicked skip to fast forward through the rpg game and was like - Holy fuck, this just goes on forever.
A huge waste of the Dev's time (IMO).
and it sounds like there will be another rpg session the the future (where they will use the sexual cards). So we get to read about our fictitious characters, having rpg game sex.
The Dev could really blow our minds and have the MC's, rpg character dream about having sex with one of the other rpg characters. So a fantasy, within a fantasy, within a fantasy.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
This thread is so fucking weird, half of the messages and reviews feel like they're just bots pushing a scam and the other half written by people paid by the dev.

it's either "omg best game ever, 5*", "best game i've ever played, 5*" or someone pointing out something very specific and praising the dev for it like "look at this, look at that, the dev put so much thought and effort into it"

A necklace? The dress some chick wears during X scene? Ok great, but how do you care enough to talk about a couple of renders for PAGES? It's most likely just hardcore "fans" but it really reads like a dev baiting praise, especially this dev, the dude who takes a literal year to release each update.
Then tell us O Mighty One, what should people post about here in this forum dedicated to this specific VN? Would it be better if people where complaining about things? Would that make you happy?

Complaining about people talking about things they like about a game in a discussion forum......yeah, that makes sense....

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
I must say as I read first the name of that game I must thinking at the process and not a name "The SUMMER is gone" not a person :).
I like the game and the st:love:ry very much so far, but there is sadly so much time run away since the last upd. Have anyone maybe info about an upd. from the dev, or maybe sadly some personall problems what he are not working on it right know?
An inf:giggle: about that would be very nice, thx.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes