RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I also think that panic attacks do not make sense because Ocean did not tell us the reason for their occurrence. Panic attacks don't just happen.
I think the reason for their occurence is pretty obvious. Ocean just wanted a visual indicator of how screwed up in the head the MC really is so even the most dimwitted players could grasp it. Panic attacks, anxiety attacks, paranoia and despondence for example, all provide rather easy to interpret visual symptoms that we can all comprehend or relate to.

This is why I was firmly against the inclusion of these attacks from the get-go. I don't feel like they're needed. I personally don't need to be babied into understanding the MC's trauma. I don't need visual cues to know that it's there. Worse even, I feel like it devalues its importance to the character and the story :confused:

EDIT: I could go more in-depth even. Because sometimes it feels like I'm being talked down to, reading Ocean's stories. Like I need to be explained what is happening and why or else I wouldn't be able to realize or comprehend it. This didn't use to happen before the reworks. Give me a "take it or leave it" author anytime over one that treats their audience like toddlers.

Last edited:

vampires69'in

Mar 3, 2019
I think the reason for their occurence is pretty obvious. Ocean just wanted a visual indicator of how screwed up in the head the MC really is so even the most dimwitted players could grasp it. Panic attacks, anxiety attacks, paranoia and despondence for example, all provide rather easy to interpret visual symptoms that we can all comprehend or relate to.

This is why I was firmly against the inclusion of these attacks from the get-go. I don't feel like they're needed. I personally don't need to be babied into understanding the MC's trauma. I don't need visual queues to know that it's there. Worse even, I feel like it devalues its importance to the character and the story :confused:

EDIT: I could go more in-depth even. Because sometimes it feels like I'm being talked down to, reading Ocean's stories. Like I need to be explained what is happening and why or else I wouldn't be able to realize or comprehend it. This didn't use to happen before the reworks. Give me a "take it or leave it" author anytime over one that treats their audience like toddlers.
...that's because....too many people grew up on this 660e3cbaf557c81995bd3a6ba07fe77c.gif :KEK:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023

This is why I was firmly against the inclusion of these attacks from the get-go. I don't feel like they're needed. I personally don't need to be babied into understanding the MC's trauma. I don't need visual queues to know that it's there. Worse even, I feel like it devalues its importance to the character and the story :confused:
I used to think the same as Old Man Al, he assumes that MC is a sociophobe and suffers from panic attacks, but then I started having questions that destroyed this theory. For example, I was interested in why MC went to college where he would definitely have constant panic attacks, and did not study online or be homeschooled like others with such problems. In addition, MC liked to fight, and sociophobes do not like this, and so on.

In general, I was not able to solve this riddle due to a large number of inconsistencies, so I began to think whether these panic attacks are necessary and what they can give in the future? After some time, I came to the conclusion that they only help Ocean stretch the plot, they can be removed and this will not affect anything.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Panic attack makes perfect sense. Not only did something traumatic happened to MC, he also got into some sort of accident that threaten his life. Panic attack are random and happen in stressful situation. For someone like MC, who sees life in black and white and isolates himself, to suddenly put himself out there and get involved in social situations, which is the obvious trigger of his anxiety, his panic attack is in line with his character.

Ocean deals with psychological issues or trauma and the subsequent response to it (Bella, MC). This provides greater depth to the characters and give them the motivation to strive for improvement, regardless of the obstacles they face. By no mean is Ocean a professional when dealing with that subject. But I think that it's a nice touch within the story.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Panic attack makes perfect sense. Not only did something traumatic happened to MC, he also got into some sort of accident that threaten his life. Panic attack are random and happen in stressful situation. For someone like MC, who sees life in black and white and isolates himself, to suddenly put himself out there and get involved in social situations, which is the obvious trigger of his anxiety, his panic attack is in line with his character.

Ocean deals with psychological issues or trauma and the subsequent response to it (Bella, MC). This provides greater depth to the characters and give them the motivation to strive for improvement, regardless of the obstacles they face. By no mean is Ocean a professional when dealing with that subject. But I think that it's a nice touch within the story.
I can see the MC and Sasha growing closer due to the recognition of shared trauma that is causing the panic attacks.

They are far from sharing the source of their trauma, but the resulting panic attacks, coupled with Sasha's more advanced knowledge of how to deal with them and her willingness to help Nika when he needs help, makes her less an ice queen and more a very guarded person in who she trusts and opens up to.

I like the way Sasha responds, does not judge and then stays with the MC to ensure he is on his way back from the panic attack before leaving him.

I also did not see her bodyguard anywhere in that mini scene which might be an interesting story inflection point we will learn about later.

Did the bodyguard start to follow Sasha up the stairs only to have Sasha tell her to stay downstairs? A conversation along the lines of: "I know you have watched him since he arrived, but I know he is not a threat to me. I'll let you know if I need you."

Nika also strikes me as someone who 'pays his debts' and I could see a future encounter where Nika helps Sasha, perhaps putting himself at risk, because she helped him here of her own volition.

Penfold Mole did a great job showcasing the beauty of this scene and, as is the case with many of Ocean's deeper scenes, I took a longer look and found more of the story.

Cheers!! :coffee:

vakponi

Aug 22, 2020
Hello.
I just started the game, I liked it quite a bit. However, the routes are not clear. I chose Nami's route, she is my favorite character, but now Bella's route has also improved. My question is, do the two work together or do I have to choose one and play with it all the time?
Thanks in advance.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hello.
I just started the game, I liked it quite a bit. However, the routes are not clear. I chose Nami's route, she is my favorite character, but now Bella's route has also improved. My question is, do the two work together or do I have to choose one and play with it all the time?
Thanks in advance.
With regards to those two specifically...maybe...possible...used to be...who knows anymore...

THIS is how things used to be....3 years ago......

Reactions: vakponi

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
The more I think about it, the more I find it crazy that the only characters we can assume are LI’s are based of a discord post from 2021.

Obviously now we can tell some character's are LI’s (Bella, Nami, Zara, etc.) but I can’t help but think who else can possibly be new LI’s and who may not be LI’s anymore (except the guarantees). As far as I know, all of the girls in the game are LI’s in my imagination:LOL:

Reactions: LHDLLB

razante

Dec 4, 2023
The more I think about it, the more I find it crazy that the only characters we can assume are LI’s are based of a discord post from 2021.

Obviously now we can tell some character's are LI’s (Bella, Nami, Zara, etc.) but I can’t help but think who else can possibly be new LI’s and who may not be LI’s anymore (except the guarantees). As far as I know, all of the girls in the game are LI’s in my imagination:LOL:
I think one of the possible LI's is the redhead Sasha friend and the black hair girl we see in the bus and pizzeria.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I think one of the possible LI's is the redhead Sasha friend and the black hair girl we see in the bus and pizzeria.
I wish for those, but I'd be surprised if anyone who didn't have any significant conversations or scene in Season 1 becomes a LI. I think the best we can hope is some of them will be lewdable. My guess is there will still be Melanie who'll be possible to be romanced for the controversy that would create, Summer if she returns (please no), and Ocean's planned trans character.

Considering there's already too many, based on a single update requiring so many renders for all the extra path content, I'd just hope for more dev time getting the current LI's more content rather than splitting the story into even more paths.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
I wish for those, but I'd be surprised if anyone who didn't have any significant conversations or scene in Season 1 becomes a LI. I think the best we can hope is some of them will be lewdable. My guess is there will still be Melanie who'll be possible to be romanced for the controversy that would create, Summer if she returns (please no), and Ocean's planned trans character.

Considering there's already too many, based on a single update requiring so many renders for all the extra path content, I'd just hope for more dev time getting the current LI's more content rather than splitting the story into even more paths.
The only thing to keep in mind, is that main girls are Bella, Sasha, Zara, Nia, Nami, Vanessa, Mila, Victoria, Amber, Ms Marla. You can be sure those are set in stone. But they also may be more coming. Ocean said that some LIs have yet to appear.
About Melanie, no way she's a LI. She's the epitome of antagonistic, and it will be her role. She's too psychopathic to interest MC and I don't think she's like Bella, aka "misunderstood".

One of the critic I give him, is that he's often in a “more than you can chew” kind of situation. Having so much LIs, mean custom scenes for each of them, more code, more renders, and not necessarily more gameplay.

dameromexxx

Jun 24, 2024

Well, you said yourself that Ocean aims for realism when telling this story. And now let's answer the question whether the fact that Nika can only romance people he had the opportunity to get to know better during the first week of his stay at the college where he is to spend several years is realistic?

Personally, I'm counting on three or four so-called wild cards, it means romances to be unlocked much later and only in situations where you have to meet certain conditions by making certain decisions, for example, ignoring all possible romance options that have been revealed so far, it wouldn't make too many paths, but would unlock a few new ones in a situation where the old ones have been closed for a long time.

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

One of the most critical parts of the new update is the ability to transfer your saves to Season 2.

I will soon have to invest more time into coding… I will have to integrate all the functionality of the save porting to the new UI.

My goal for Chapter 1 is to make it work. I will enhance its design over the course of Season 2.

So, in the last log, I mentioned that I’d soon start the scene with Vic and Maja.

And I did. I have a few renders of it already, but it will take some time until I show some previews. Let’s say I want to keep some mystery surrounding the scene alive.

I called it “a scene,” but it’s made of multiple medium-sized scenes.

So, just as with one scene I showcased in today’s previews, I will mostly leave the Vic and Maja scene in the shadows.

Smaller, less significant previews of the scene will follow eventually.

Previews: 4K attached
Noji_1.png Noji_2.png

Shadowy figures.
Shadowy_Figures.png Robinio.png

I will soon visit family for a weekend. Afterward, I’ll go deep into the updates.

I’ve ported Zara to Blender, as the cutie will appear in the upcoming intro cinematic.

I’ll see you in two weeks.

- Ocean

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The only thing to keep in mind, is that main girls are Bella, Sasha, Zara, Nia, Nami, Vanessa, Mila, Victoria, Amber, Ms Marla. You can be sure those are set in stone. But they also may be more coming. Ocean said that some LIs have yet to appear.
About Melanie, no way she's a LI. She's the epitome of antagonistic, and it will be her role. She's too psychopathic to interest MC and I don't think she's like Bella, aka "misunderstood".

One of the critic I give him, is that he's often in a “more than you can chew” kind of situation. Having so much LIs, mean custom scenes for each of them, more code, more renders, and not necessarily more gameplay.
I was thinking Ocean might do the curve ball bad girl for a bad ending, I'm not fussed if she's not there. Also, we've only had her characterised by hearsay (which is probably true), but what if Nika was to meet her without realising who she is?

Well, you said yourself that Ocean aims for realism when telling this story. And now let's answer the question whether the fact that Nika can only romance people he had the opportunity to get to know better during the first week of his stay at the college where he is to spend several years is realistic?

Personally, I'm counting on three or four so-called wild cards, it means romances to be unlocked much later and only in situations where you have to meet certain conditions by making certain decisions, for example, ignoring all possible romance options that have been revealed so far, it wouldn't make too many paths, but would unlock a few new ones in a situation where the old ones have been closed for a long time.
I'm not thinking about realism so much as pragmatism - there's already too much to render (with what, 12 potential LI's all on different paths?) We're not talking about an ideal situation: I'd love for there to be more options, I just don't think it's feasible while Ocean is deciding that coding alternate clothing renders is important to the story. I agree that there will be more, I just hope for the fewest extra additions.

As far as minimal paths go, Ocean has to render all the paths, regardless of how much content anyone sees in a single playthrough. The greater the number of LI's, the more content he has to render. So you might call it a minimal path, but it's all extra renders slowing down development. Too many late game choices of that nature, although realistic, will delay something that's already ambitious enough.

Edit: oh damn, devlog Robyn :love: okay, twist my arm with her as a LI :sneaky:

...at least until I get impatient again

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 524 Votes