Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Dev tracker for 0.20.5
I mean going to summertimesaga.com and hitting news, then checking the left of the screen could be considered "research" and we all know it doesn't exists in this place. But asking for something on the main page of the official game's site is a bit worse than if it was buried behind the Patreon paywall

mdwolf15

May 8, 2017
This is so bugged for me. Every scene is repeating after certain events. Get maria pregnant and the whole story with tony starts over even the cars. i had the blue car reverts back to scooter. Same with girl in dealership, didnt get her pregnant but after sex went back to the blue vest part and bugged because i already had the vest and couldnt use it again. everything at a point starts repeating. no mods used and not using cheats.

Quazar87

May 6, 2017
It's really amazing how far this game has come. I remember a few years ago when it was just a few paths (and was still openly an incest game).

ogetso

Sep 10, 2019
I think DC mentioned some time ago that they bascially stopped working on all sounds for now and that they'd add and overhaul them once the game is closer to being finished. So something will happen, but probably not anytime soon... not sure whether that's good or bad news in this case.
Do you honestly think "finished" will ever even be considered? The whole subscription model is about a game that is unfinished. The second they say it's finished patreon $$$ goes to the shitter. They're incentivized to go as long as possible between updates. I'm certain the .5 update content (outside of untested bugs) is finished they're waiting for patreon download novelty to slow down.

Sound isn't worth the investment. They'll either need to outsource it, which any good 3rd party will want a revenue share opposed to a flat fee at this level of success, or build in house which means casting, recording, editing and mixing. That's double the work.

Will be interesting to see what a black character story route will do to patreon numbers. A lot of racists ass horndogs out there.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
there is 27th page in jenny's diary but it is not read after 20th page
You are surprised by this? Um...
I heard thats a very common thing for the work with "pages" in this civilization. I always read the pages with higher numbers after these with lower ones. Most books make this way more sense, you know. ;)

Though i must admit, i have this magazine where i mostly start with the middle... :whistle:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Do you honestly think "finished" will ever even be considered? The whole subscription model is about a game that is unfinished. The second they say it's finished patreon $$$ goes to the shitter.
I don't really get your point here. Of course the game will end at some point and DC will move to the next game, as every bigger Dev out here has done. Especially for 2D games the market is small and the niche DC currently occupies doesn't seem to be touched by many others in a way which would convince people. In the end it's not like SS will be popular for ever. The time will come when the patreon numbers will fall and when people simply want to see something new again. That's normal.

I'm certain the .5 update content (outside of untested bugs) is finished they're waiting for patreon download novelty to slow down.
Which doesn't make sense, to be honest. They gain a ton of patreons every update (almost an $10.000 uptick this time), so releasing two or three additional updates per year would be really good in terms of money. Holding updates - and thus growth - back now only to hope that patreons will stay on board 3 or 4 years down the line simply is a bad strategy. If 0.20.5 would be done, they'd have released 0.20.0 months ago.

Sound isn't worth the investment. They'll either need to outsource it, which any good 3rd party will want a revenue share opposed to a flat fee at this level of success, or build in house which means casting, recording, editing and mixing. That's double the work.
You seem to have missunderstood. I didn't talk about voice acting, which indeed won't happen, but about sounds which are already in the game, especially SFX, backgroundmusic, etc. - nothing really happened in that department for years now and there's certainly a need for actual improvements at some point.

Will be interesting to see what a black character story route will do to patreon numbers. A lot of racists ass horndogs out there.
She won the poll with 43% of the total vote and the patreon base is very international anyway. As far as I'm aware, north america ranks only 3rd behind SEA and europe. The number of people who are so racist that they can't bear looking at a black cartoon character and who actually pay for the game will likely be rather small.

Edit: Added one paragraph.

Last edited:

JQEX

Nov 18, 2019
what
You are surprised by this? Um...
I heard thats a very common thing for the work with "pages" in this civilization. I always read the pages with higher numbers after these with lower ones. Most books make this way more sense, you know. ;)

Though i must admit, i have this magazine where i mostly start with the middle... :whistle:
what are you talking about dude

Pinksu

Jan 13, 2018
Done with this game. All my data is corrupted cause of this new update and I wanted to finish the fucking update myself, but I can't seem to find any save like that. I'll just wait however many years until this is complete and they can't fuck important things up like save files.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Done with this game. All my data is corrupted cause of this new update and I wanted to finish the fucking update myself, but I can't seem to find any save like that. I'll just wait however many years until this is complete and they can't fuck important things up like save files.
Did you try to load an old save into the newer version?
Yeah, don't do that. Save compatibility doesn't work yet.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes