Trikus

May 31, 2020
Absolutely! I was not thinking about female MC, as they are always corrupted XD

Yeah, MC eventually will have to become more active, but for now his behavior make sense. Just broke up with gf/accepted to be in a open relationship, he is rekindling with her sister in a new city, working out of his comfort zone. Not much time to think what he wants.

I am probably one of the few that do not dislike Nicole, so I did no break up with her. But the more I think about it, the more I wanna stay working the rest of my life in the hotel with sister and shortcake. So I may have made the wrong decision! good for save files, I guess. Gonna be hard to tell her "It's not you, is this paradisiacal city full of babes and temptation! "
A solution: MC and Nicole open their own law firm in Sunshine Bay. He can still be involved with the hotel and do what he trained his whole life for. Also, the city where he and Nicole live is awful so getting out of there would be no big deal.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I read as much as I could, but could not find the answer to this;
If I choose to not break up with Nicole, and play many games of hide-the-sausage myself, will she also be doing the same thing?

I haven't seen any mention of NTR, and I know the information given kinda hand-waves questions with get-out clauses like 'We don't tell each other anything', but I'd like to know if it's going on.

TL;DR - If I stay with Nicole, is she doing the dirty behind my back?

Bylson

Mar 17, 2019
You still don't get it? Do you?

Read again this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-v0-0-3-1-extras-mr-dots-games.49330/post-4555021
If you are ONLY here for the sex, then you are at wrong place and should stop playing - honestly

PS:
Nicole is more important to the story as people think - but hey, you all know better than MrDots himself what to do.
If you are all soooooo perfect and you all know EXACTLY what people like and what people need ... why don't you just do a game yourself then?
Nicole is a not a important character at the time and i kinda dont care about her, but the main problem i have with her is that i cannot fucking reject her offer to an open relationship or just dump her completely.

Bylson

Mar 17, 2019
I don't even care if she takes advantage of it or not, I just want to get rid of her no matter what. But yeah... I guess it's not happening.
My point man im not saying that nicole cant be interesting but i dont like her and want to dump her.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Sunshine Love [v0.0.4 Extras] Mr Dots Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.12 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.10 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 745 MB: MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 728 MB: MEGA

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
This compressed version is infected by a trojan ! (detected by windows defender).

Pyromancy

Aug 26, 2020
I really like this game. But I want to love it.

The setting is original, the mood is fresh, the characters are flawed and have so much potential for growth, and the idea of the failing business being used to tie everything together makes it easy to get invested in the story and the game.

But I have a few constructive criticisms paired with some suggestions that would help the game immensity.

1. Pacing.
In the present version of the game it feels like we're coasting down a set of rails, not rushing towards disaster. If there was some sort of financial doom counter displayed showing the hotel pressing its way one day at a time getting closer to foreclosure the players would feel additional that additional pressure that our two main characters (The brother and sister) feel and we'd be more sympathetic to their antics and random moments of losing their cool. I'm aware that this version of the game is mostly introduction still and that the main meat of the game is yet to come, but simply having the ability to see how bad things are will do wonders for getting players as invested in the success of the hotel as the characters are.

2. Player choices.
Again I want to stress that I'm aware that this version of the game is still basically all game intro. But it's a very long intro and focuses more on romantic character developments than getting to the game portion of the game. If we're here to save a hotel then the players need to get into that sooner than later. Nearly all of the current dialogues can be pushed out of the introduction and put into the main game portion as the player tries to keep the business afloat, making each visit and interaction matter based on which will have the most immediate benefit to the success of the hotel. Fixing this would mean focusing on developing the boring background mechanics of the game for a few updates to make the hotel something more than narrative wallpaper, but in the long-run it'll be seriously beneficial to the game and fans, giving the game a sense of legitimacy to the story and characters themselves.

3. Focus.
I've hinted at it in my other two points, but simply put this game lacks any point of focus, and so it also feels like it lacks purpose. The renders are beautiful and I love them, but they are not beautiful enough to make up for the complete lack of focus in the game. Is it about rebuilding your relationship with your family? Then focus on that. Is it about saving a historic hotel from destruction? Focus on that. Is is about building a harem of beautiful women who are all looking to share a man? Then focus on that. At the moment the players cannot see where this game is going and while you can do all of these in this game one of them needs to be the focus and in this current iteration of the game it's not obvious which of these is the focus.

My final recommendation for the game is this. Make the hotel the focus of the game. There are some very good resource manager style games out there that have made the business manager a really successful mechanic for driving the story. General Practitioner, Lab Rats 2, and Station Master just to name a few. For the hotel manager I would recommend making a layout of the hotel where players can see which rooms are occupied, which are empty, which need maintenance and what function rooms are available. Any and all investments and maintenance of the hotel takes time and money, but as the internet reviews of the hotel get better your hotel will attract more and better clientele. This also opens the ability to have random encounters like leaky pipes or burning out room AC units; and you'll have random new and repeat customers who can be explored for events as well. All while trying to keep the hotel making more money than it loses just keeping its doors open.

Tuck the introduction for the hotel manager mechanics into the scene where the MCs sister is in the office with him and is showing him the bleak financials for the hotel. And then have it available to look at for the rest of the game. There's already a maintenance guy, but he's older and takes longer on repairs, so you have to chose carefully at the beginning of the game what needs fixed while you're working with your sister and the twins to get the place ready for the official reopening ceremony. And I also think that the financial doom counter will serve as a great tool for players to just keep tabs on the pulse of the business, getting them to prioritize making a profit, then making their debt easily manageable, then having fun with their hotel.

If the hotel management system is easy to use and requiring regular attention then players will find it easy to become involved and invested in your game to the point where they might actually be more upset that the MC and his sister aren't taking it seriously enough. I know I would be.

Again, I like this game and I'm going to keep following your development. I hope that I get to love your game before its done.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I really like this game. But I want to love it.

The setting is original, the mood is fresh, the characters are flawed and have so much potential for growth, and the idea of the failing business being used to tie everything together makes it easy to get invested in the story and the game.

But I have a few constructive criticisms paired with some suggestions that would help the game immensity.

1. Pacing.
In the present version of the game it feels like we're coasting down a set of rails, not rushing towards disaster. If there was some sort of financial doom counter displayed showing the hotel pressing its way one day at a time getting closer to foreclosure the players would feel additional that additional pressure that our two main characters (The brother and sister) feel and we'd be more sympathetic to their antics and random moments of losing their cool. I'm aware that this version of the game is mostly introduction still and that the main meat of the game is yet to come, but simply having the ability to see how bad things are will do wonders for getting players as invested in the success of the hotel as the characters are.

2. Player choices.
Again I want to stress that I'm aware that this version of the game is still basically all game intro. But it's a very long intro and focuses more on romantic character developments than getting to the game portion of the game. If we're here to save a hotel then the players need to get into that sooner than later. Nearly all of the current dialogues can be pushed out of the introduction and put into the main game portion as the player tries to keep the business afloat, making each visit and interaction matter based on which will have the most immediate benefit to the success of the hotel. Fixing this would mean focusing on developing the boring background mechanics of the game for a few updates to make the hotel something more than narrative wallpaper, but in the long-run it'll be seriously beneficial to the game and fans, giving the game a sense of legitimacy to the story and characters themselves.

3. Focus.
I've hinted at it in my other two points, but simply put this game lacks any point of focus, and so it also feels like it lacks purpose. The renders are beautiful and I love them, but they are not beautiful enough to make up for the complete lack of focus in the game. Is it about rebuilding your relationship with your family? Then focus on that. Is it about saving a historic hotel from destruction? Focus on that. Is is about building a harem of beautiful women who are all looking to share a man? Then focus on that. At the moment the players cannot see where this game is going and while you can do all of these in this game one of them needs to be the focus and in this current iteration of the game it's not obvious which of these is the focus.

My final recommendation for the game is this. Make the hotel the focus of the game. There are some very good resource manager style games out there that have made the business manager a really successful mechanic for driving the story. General Practitioner, Lab Rats 2, and Station Master just to name a few. For the hotel manager I would recommend making a layout of the hotel where players can see which rooms are occupied, which are empty, which need maintenance and what function rooms are available. Any and all investments and maintenance of the hotel takes time and money, but as the internet reviews of the hotel get better your hotel will attract more and better clientele. This also opens the ability to have random encounters like leaky pipes or burning out room AC units; and you'll have random new and repeat customers who can be explored for events as well. All while trying to keep the hotel making more money than it loses just keeping its doors open.

Tuck the introduction for the hotel manager mechanics into the scene where the MCs sister is in the office with him and is showing him the bleak financials for the hotel. And then have it available to look at for the rest of the game. There's already a maintenance guy, but he's older and takes longer on repairs, so you have to chose carefully at the beginning of the game what needs fixed while you're working with your sister and the twins to get the place ready for the official reopening ceremony. And I also think that the financial doom counter will serve as a great tool for players to just keep tabs on the pulse of the business, getting them to prioritize making a profit, then making their debt easily manageable, then having fun with their hotel.

If the hotel management system is easy to use and requiring regular attention then players will find it easy to become involved and invested in your game to the point where they might actually be more upset that the MC and his sister aren't taking it seriously enough. I know I would be.

Again, I like this game and I'm going to keep following your development. I hope that I get to love your game before its done.
Agreeing with the focus thing, not so much with the hotel managing part as focus. Think this is more of a VN driven game as a management game and that is fine. Hope some of the improvements overall we saw this chapter in story telling will continue in future chapters. :)

Pyromancy

Aug 26, 2020
Agreeing with the focus thing, not so much with the hotel managing part as focus. Think this is more of a VN driven game as a management game and that is fine. Hope some of the improvements overall we saw this chapter in story telling will continue in future chapters. :)
The hotel management is just my recommendation. It gives a lot of extra content opportunity that would be radial and make every play through a little bit different because "random" does that. It would take the focus away from the narrative light-novel style that the game currently has. But lots of developers have done the light novel with success, I tend to be more interested in supporting people who try something new. And yes, this was a pretty good update.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The hotel management is just my recommendation. It gives a lot of extra content opportunity that would be radial and make every play through a little bit different because "random" does that. It would take the focus away from the narrative light-novel style that the game currently has. But lots of developers have done the light novel with success, I tend to be more interested in supporting people who try something new. And yes, this was a pretty good update.
Well for one I think it is too late for this game to go the full management route as such if look how much time both Vren and Faerin have to put into getting the mechanics right and still need to.

That does not mean they could use the hotel not a bit more as a focus and center actions in and around the development of the hotel. Just for some unexplainable reason too much focus was on anchors to relations and as such around Nicole and the bad guys from the setup of the story, while enough drama could be made just focusing on the development of the hotel. That was just not the setup devs chose though. :)

Reactions: Pyromancy

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I read as much as I could, but could not find the answer to this;
If I choose to not break up with Nicole, and play many games of hide-the-sausage myself, will she also be doing the same thing?

I haven't seen any mention of NTR, and I know the information given kinda hand-waves questions with get-out clauses like 'We don't tell each other anything', but I'd like to know if it's going on.

TL;DR - If I stay with Nicole, is she doing the dirty behind my back?
simply answer: no - she will NOT do that!
Nicole is a not a important character at the time and i kinda dont care about her, but the main problem i have with her is that i cannot fucking reject her offer to an open relationship or just dump her completely.
Actually you CAN dump her completely!
This compressed version is infected by a trojan ! (detected by windows defender).
Need to say that this is a pirated version which is NOT made by MrDots!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
simply answer: no - she will NOT do that!

Actually you CAN dump her completely!

Need to say that this is a pirated version which is NOT made by MrDots!
If we don't dump her now, can we still focus on Sister and cousin? Or we need to dump her to do that?
I like Nicole, but not as much as the other 2.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
We got your point.
Nevertheless MrDos is creating VN and not managing games. Besides that, even if he wanted to swing over to hotel management (which he clearly will NOT do), he would have to re-script the whole game as a manager game needs a complete different and much more complicated backend. In other words: he would have to completely start over again.

Reactions: Dragon59

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
I see the task list as a variation on the petals in DMD & keys in Melody, it just gives you a idea of your progression.
I was looking at the Hotel stars as markers. They could also mean there is going to be 5 chapters this time.

Honestly I really just don't want to do the fucking doughnuts again.
I think the doughnuts and peeps are persistent so once you find one you donut (pun) have to next playthrough.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
If we don't dump her now, can we still focus on Sister and cousin? Or we need to dump her to do that?
I like Nicole, but not as much as the other 2.
yes - you can do whatever you want - just Nicole will stay faithful because she will probably discover her so far hidden fetish and turn into a cuck queen

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes