Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Please tell me we'll be ablle to friend-zone the sister (or worse)!

I really like this game and the romance elements (for other people) but I seriously cannot with incest and also am 10000% not a fan of people doing shit without consent/pre-established relationships that indicate the behavior is okay (like in the last scene of the game so far). If the last scene doesn't provide an option to tell her off/kick her out of the room (aka it either forces me into a sex scene or he pulls another 'I'll feel bad if I do x, y, z' like his sister isn't a whole ass adult) I'm probably gonna have to ditch this game, and I'd hate that because the storyline is solid and the graphics/animations are great but it's particularly bothersome that a game that gives the player so much agency when it comes to basically any other relationship forces the sister on us. I already know I'm team Vicky and/or the Twins, and my relationship points show it, so why is my MC still entertaining shit with his sister when her RPs are like... under 10.

I know incest is really popular on here, but I was really hopeful that, given the point system and opportunities to close other paths (and the overall design of Melody), it would be avoidable. I was able to get over the lingering stares, weird cuddling, etc. but full-on makeout sessions, blowjobs, etc. are too much for me :( Plus, as I kind of mentioned already, personal aversion towards incest aside, his sister's personality is fucking annoying and I find her minimally tolerable.
How about, to avoid incest content, you just turn off the incest in the options?

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
May I advice on a few corrections here?
I'm not on Patreon, so I can't contact MrDots directly.

(1) When MC reacts to his room at the lighthouse, the third choice says "Be funny". It's necessary to put it in brackets or something, like "(Be funny)", otherwise it's like he is saying to his sister to be funny; as the other choices are literal phrases.

(2) In visual novels, every screen is a separate piece of experience, so it's better to avoid unnecessary parts in dialogues like "How was your flight" - "Some turbulence". IMHO such phases are just bloating (we know he has arrived at the airport, there is no emotional or logical sense to talk about that).

Thank you guys!

podesta

Sep 8, 2020
(2) In visual novels, every screen is a separate piece of experience, so it's better to avoid unnecessary parts in dialogues like "How was your flight" - "Some turbulence". IMHO such phases are just bloating (we know he has arrived at the airport, there is no emotional or logical sense to talk about that).
I disagree that small talk such as that serves no emotional or logical purpose. Sure, we as the player don't really care about how MC's flight was, but that might just be because a lot of times when playing VN's we see ourselves as the MC which makes us only interested in our interactions with everyone else and not so much on their interaction with us. There could be a number of emotionally driven reasons as to why the MC's friend/sister would ask us how our flight was. By asking, she's showing that she cares about how MC's experience on the plane was, and how he feels now. She could be asking to see if he feels up to doing something or if he's tired/jetlagged and in the mood to go back to the hotel and pass out, or she simply could just be making small talk, which would also be understandable since that's what most casual human interactions are anyway. Either way, that small conversation is just meant to add a bit of realism to the dialogue and save the conversation from appearing forced to the reader, and if it doesn't interest you, it's just a few clicks to skip past it to the juicy stuff.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I disagree that small talk such as that serves no emotional or logical purpose. Sure, we as the player don't really care about how MC's flight was, but that might just be because a lot of times when playing VN's we see ourselves as the MC which makes us only interested in our interactions with everyone else and not so much on their interaction with us. There could be a number of emotionally driven reasons as to why the MC's friend/sister would ask us how our flight was. By asking, she's showing that she cares about how MC's experience on the plane was, and how he feels now. She could be asking to see if he feels up to doing something or if he's tired/jetlagged and in the mood to go back to the hotel and pass out, or she simply could just be making small talk, which would also be understandable since that's what most casual human interactions are anyway. Either way, that small conversation is just meant to add a bit of realism to the dialogue and save the conversation from appearing forced to the reader, and if it doesn't interest you, it's just a few clicks to skip past it to the juicy stuff.
Well of course there are ways to justify anything. And some people prefer lengthy talks, where others relay more on non-verbal perception of each other, with deeper attention.

So it's not a fact that such phrases are actually better than communication without them.

What I'm saying is that there should be a balance between eloquence and brevity, and though the perception of such balance is a highly subjective matter, depending on our personalities, VN is a genre that relays on brevity, which should be always the preferred choice, when there is a choice.

Even in big literature, not limited by this media, best writers always tried to write in a concise manner; for example, Chekhov checked his writings word by word, and often threw out the beginnings of his stories — and now he is considered the father of modern short story. While most people rarely read classical books of wordy authors, even if there are lots of interesting thoughts.

It's a physiological fact that brief formulations keep readers more focused, and the mental picture clearer, with "less noise". So I'd rather insist that brevity, and especially in VN, is one of the important factors, and so losing it is not justified, because the same effect can be achieved with less resources. In this particular case, the sister already expressed enough care etc. about the brother, so it's not something that needed additional expression in that text. "Brevity is the sister of talent".

And if for example you feel the need to express more, then do that with some fresh, creative take, otherwise in my opinion it's just writer's sloppiness and mental laziness. Be brief or be creative :). Then readers would stay engaged and wouldn't need to skip pages.

Reactions: John-18

Trikus

May 31, 2020
The difference is level of writing. It is like comparing a short story to a full novel. Both are valid ways of telling a story. You call it bloating, but others don't. That example dialogue you used is a valid thing for someone to ask in a story. MrDots favours the longer story telling found in novels, others prefer the short story style. Neither are wrong.

Reactions: stormdrain

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I came across a story discrepancy in the latest update. Ashley offers a scooter to the M/C to use and Yuki does as well. After receiving the scooter from Ashley he later meets with Yuki to pick up her scooter as if the M/C never received a scooter from Ashley.

***Edit***

Actually the story discrepancy is worse than that. After meeting Yuki for the scooter and going flying with her you meet Ashley jogging while pushing Yuki's scooter back to the hotel. This meeting begins a scene that aside from the locale and Ashley's state of dress is an exact repeat of the conversation the M/C had with Ashley when he picked up her scooter a few days prior at Ashley's home.

***Edit***

I think I now see what's going on. Earlier in the story when you are sent by the M/C's sister to get a toolbox and you end up in a scene where you have a choice to call Ashley or Yuki for a ride back to the hotel. The WT mod allows you to playout both scenes. So I guess that has triggered both outcomes for the use of the scooter, etc. now. It's been a few updates since I played the game.

Anyway, fantastic update! I cannot wait until the next. Getting to kick the M/C's GF Nicole to the curb was so satisfying. I hated that controlling bitch from the start. Now the M/C is free to pursue all of his desires starting with Vicky then on to the twins!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramucho

JonasSnr

Sep 25, 2018
The music files are inside game/01_music.rpa - you'd need to use something like UnRen to extract them.

The tracks are listed in the tablet music playlist, so it's easy to find them online given the artist and track titles?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice work Meushi along with the original artists links. I did this way back for V1.0 of the game i think, before they made them .rpa files (not sure on that) to add into my collection. But didn't think many were interested in this type of background Music, so never posted here. I also started the Melody Music project,
but when V1.0 FINAL arrived it left out early copyright Music, and added other tracks not in the original game, leaving me pissed off and simply abandoned that project, as an awful lot of work had already been done and was now redundant. Not many bothered to download Melody from my cloud storage anyway, so another reason why i don't bother anymore, i do have life outside of all this.....i think! But good work anyway. ;) :cool:

Reactions: Meushi
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes