DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ella being alive time.

When it comes to Ella, I feel like the MC totally overlooked something. Maybe he thought it but didn't say it to them. I'll just mention Snow White, so you know where I'm about to go with this. This will tell you all you need to know about what I'm getting at, especially when you factor in that Ella proved this update that she can indeed control herself from a distance. Whether that be by her tentacles underground or via her "Body" power she got from the 3rd. Put these two together and you can start to see what she might've did. It's obvious that she's not dead but this might've been what she did in that moment.

In case you still don't get what I'm referring to, the MC changed a corpse to look like him in prison. Said corpse lasted a long time before it reverted back, if I recall correctly. The MC used that at level 2 and learned it from Level 4 Ella. Ella, now Level 5, was able to command her small body that was disconnecting and reconnecting with her huge main body below. As you can see from her fight with Nico, she was bouncing around all over the place. So it's safe to assume that she could've used a body double, with a decent amount of her energy imbued within it, to take Nyx's death attack, after she split.

Now whether Ella stayed after or left isn't known. She could've used the two agents to be teleported away by Nico. She also could've split temporarily before Nyx attacked and joined back with herself right after. I know what Malik said but he didn't account for the fact that she could possibly sever herself from her body and puppeteer it. She has complete control over her body, so she can most likely "play dead" while hiding in her own corpse to maintain it's form.

Hell, taking it even further, Ella could've hid in the damn tree with the lieutenant lol. The roots were in the ground and we know Ella can use her tentacles like the MC, underground. She could've chilled there while controlling her body with a tentacle. Sight isn't a problem either because Ella can not only see through walls but through underground and from a great distance.

So we have a couple of possibilities here. She could've hid in the tree while controlling her body, or she could split from her body momentarily to take Nyx attack and then joined back to play dead, or even fled outright while commanding her body from a distance. There's so many ways beyond even these that could have happened. Like Nyx's power not actually affecting her at all. She did try to put her mark on the MC but he healed it back with his shapeshifting. While it doesn't function the same as her Negative Energy Death attack, it shows that shape shifting, at least on Ella and MC's level, should be treated differently. Especially so since they're both 1st Generation son's and daughter's of the 3rd and 4th.

So yeah, she's not dead. Even the MC is skeptical about it. That whole ordeal was pretty much a nothing burger, for me. She still got her ass beat though, so there's still that but they definitely didn't kill her. Laurie's fate had way more impact for me because I know she's not a main character and has no OP Monster trait backing her up.

That's it for Ella. I might go into the battles next since I covered the Apostles and a bit of the theory stuff already. I also have to definitely redo the power ranking. Deus position got to be moved to the Beyond section while Nico drops for Malik, Bernhardt and Henri. Malik was a beast this update and if Bernhardt is comparable, if not stronger, that makes them insane.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Just the fact that Ella's body returned to her normal state is suspicious. Nyx's death ray as described by Malik is absolute (If Nyx gets you, you're got), why would a mountain of dead flesh revert to a previous state? After all, anything that Ella or MC create is actual mass, it's not an illusion or some force related phantasm.

There is some talk about maintaining transformations but the way I understand it from MC fights, the energy expenditure happens on creation and when fixing injuries, not maintenance.

Reactions: bloodaxis

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
Ella being alive time.
Basically where my thoughts have been going as well, there's no way she didn't use a proxy puppet/body to sacrifice to them to throw off their scent, that together with everyone else in SIN saying Ella works for Langdon she's now in a position where she can do what she wants again. She even specifically pointed out Nyx early on and saying that she had access to a monster with her power so it can be reasoned that she's intimately familiar with the ins and outs of it. She could hide herself from all of HERO on Jake as well so shouldn't have been hard for her to go into hiding and then slip out in the aftermath.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Basically where my thoughts have been going as well, there's no way she didn't use a proxy puppet/body to sacrifice to them to throw off their scent, that together with everyone else in SIN saying Ella works for Langdon she's now in a position where she can do what she wants again. She even specifically pointed out Nyx early on and saying that she had access to a monster with her power so it can be reasoned that she's intimately familiar with the ins and outs of it. She could hide herself from all of HERO on Jake as well so shouldn't have been hard for her to go into hiding and then slip out in the aftermath.
I'm surprised that Nico didn't say anything, Mc had the choice to intentionally hold back information on Ella before so he might as well not want to give her out if she is alive (she IS but he doesn't know), but during their fight Nico was surprised when Ella time and time again seemingly was able to make "clones", so she should DEFINITLY bring that possibility to Nyx.

If she did bring that up just to be dismissed then Nyx is either very overconfident or maybe she has a deal with Ella.

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
On a more entertaining note; It will never not be funny how bad the MC is at naming his various powers and abilities compared to everyone else. I mean "Super Ultra Mega Death Spear of Bone and Doom" was a meme but "Memory Echo" isn't great either.
Alice on the other hand... absolutely no notes on her move names. True Graviton: Minute Collapsar, Graviton Impact, fucking capcom level naming right there.
Malik ain't bad either, if a little on-the-nose. Core Flame, Burning Tower, Seekers.... all fine.
I'm hoping Nyx has got something better than "Negative Energy: Death" at some point. I'm reserving judgement till I hear more.

Going to put together my list of superhumans and powers once the pub release comes out

Last edited:

Neverwonder

Oct 14, 2019
On a more entertaining note; It will never not be funny how bad the MC is at naming his various powers and abilities compared to everyone else. I mean "Super Ultra Mega Death Spear of Bone and Doom" was a meme but "Memory Echo" isn't great either.
Alice is on the other hand... absolutely no notes on her move names. True Graviton: Minute Collapsar, Graviton Impact, fucking capcom level naming right there.
Malik ain't bad either, if a little on-the-nose. Core Flame, Burning Tower, Seekers.... all fine.
I'm hoping Nyx has got something better than "Negative Energy: Death" at some point. I'm reserving judgement till I hear more.

Going to put together my list of superhumans and powers once the pub release comes out
didn't she named it "Negative Energy: True Death"?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I found Memory Echo to be a really cool name. Both esoteric and evocative. Malik's move names on the other hand were a bit boring. But yes, Alice is on another level.

Reactions: myst0501

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I found Memory Echo to be a really cool name. Both esoteric and evocative. Malik's move names on the other hand were a bit boring. But yes, Alice is on another level.
I imagine Mc learning how to trap people on a delirious state of their worst memories as something like like "Recurring Trauma: World of Nightmares", it is cheesy but i'm fine with it.
And i have a list of people to do that shit (looking at you Jared an Cole :mad:).

luloser

Mar 12, 2017
Tempting to try this out, but I much prefer to spend time on something that has completed development, and with a version like 0.95, would it be better to just wait for it to be completed?
Would I even be waiting that long?
Or alternatively, is there enough content in this as is?

AnonymousMouse

Jul 20, 2018
Tempting to try this out, but I much prefer to spend time on something that has completed development, and with a version like 0.95, would it be better to just wait for it to be completed?
Would I even be waiting that long?
Or alternatively, is there enough content in this as is?
The version names don’t have too much meaning I wouldn’t say it’s very close to the end think the dev said maybe halfway, there is however an absurd amount of content already in it. Over 65,000 lines of dialogue and 105 scenes in the gallery. The updates are extremely consistent too about every two months or so, most recent one was a little longer but was an especially big one, and despite the quick turnaround they are always worth playing there’s no 6 month wait for a tiny bit of progress like some games on here. It’s one of the very few games I always play every new update as it comes out usually I like to wait a bit like you until it gets closer to the end or there’s a few updates built up. So yeah I’d absolutely give it a try best game on the site imo I’m sure if you do you’ll get hooked like the rest of us.

Jun 16, 2022
Alright, it's been a hot minute now and a lot of people got to play it. Now that I don't have to put anything in spoilers, I'll give my full thoughts on this update. This will mostly cover the update as a whole and not so much dive into the theories, monster lore and other stuff. I've finished all of my playthroughs this update for my 4 characters. I haven't seen all of the variants of scenes just yet. I'm also waiting for Public release so I know what my stats are for Level 3.

So to start with the battle or battles. Laurie put in a lot of work this update, which shocked the hell out of me. I like that she developed her powers like I thought she would with the mini darts. Her growth and confidence made what happened later all the more devastating but let's move on to the other people. Alice with her evolution and Michael with his powers unlocking. They progressed about just how some thought. I like that Alice did develop the ability to pull her target toward herself for her attacks. That was another thing I thought would happen since she favors close fights so much. As for her evolution itself, I'll save that for the Monster Lore and Numbered posts because there's a lot to unravel there. Michael, I'll get to later.

Moving to what I consider one of the big highlights this update. Ella vs Nico, Malik and Nyx. Before that, I would like to say I like Ella's redesign a lot here. I'll have to do another top list for designs because she's back in my top 5. Anyway, I said I thought Nico would get messed up when she went out to hunt Ella but she actually held her own. She did get a bit fucked up like I predicted but she actually was pressing Ella, a lot. Those two and Malik basically said fuck the environment this update. Like it's so much to cover in that fight alone that I'll have to make another post. We did finally get to see Ella get owned badly, even before Nyx one hit killed her, though she undoubtedly survived. I'll save the how for later as well. Though, I think it settles how Ella compares to the top HERO Members.

Now to the MC. A lot of theories became confirmed here, with even newer ones, like the MC being able to use stored memories to transfer them into other characters like Mia, being confirmed. Even him setting it up without touching her seems possible but that was vague there and he cut her first. We'll have to wait until he trains his Memory trait a bit more. Anyway, the MC has a huge can of worms to unpack. From him becoming a papa this update to reaching Level 3 and evening as far as beyond Level 5 via the Origin, which is a whole other bag of worms. We got to see his growth from his training and then watched his potential explode with Level 3. His armors looked amazing. His Middle Armor especially. Some resemble Jackie's Darkness Armor a lot now, which I liked. MC getting acknowledged by the homie Val but he's out of pocket for calling our milf a whore. I hope the baby is a female monster with real daddy issues.

After that, we arrived to the aftermath with Ella's "death", Laurie's fate, Deryl becoming whole and a shit ton of other info. We got Hex saying fuck everybody to dip with SIN while Nico said fuck the humans and left with HERO. We then got that fucker Jared, who seems to have Ice or crystal powers, being cocky and Cole actually not being as enthusiastic to fight the MC now. Before all of that though, we got Shen, who I forgot about actually. It seems he reached Level 4, which explains his looks. There was also the Charlie bit there about how he did it but I'll leave that for later as well.

All of that said, the update was fantastic. I would like to go more into more detail but this post is getting too long. I do have some critiques about some scenes though. Like putting huge amounts of Lore behind multiple choices and basically gating it for majority of the players. Then there's the Deryl stuff, which had way too much importance put on it to the point that you can't save Laurie unless you uplift him. Other than that, it was fantastic, like I said. I'll probably do an Ella post next. When I'm done with all of my posts, you'll see why I had to separate them all. It really would be a wall of text if I went in too much detail with all of this update.
I'm confused about the papa portion. Are you referring to the Agla chick or another female character?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I imagine Mc learning how to trap people on a delirious state of their worst memories as something like like "Recurring Trauma: World of Nightmares", it is cheesy but i'm fine with it.
And i have a list of people to do that shit (looking at you Jared an Cole :mad:).
Could shorten it to Recurring Nightmare. Sounds badass enough to me.

At least the memory powers are nameable. The body powers are impossible to name. Everyone has named powers except MC and Ella. The most distinct feature that can be named is his armors because they work like "stances" (light, caster and heavy). But then again he can change 10 stances per second, perhaps combine them on the fly.

Reactions: Ddlc

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Could shorten it to Recurring Nightmare. Sounds badass enough to me.

At least the memory powers are nameable. The body powers are impossible to name. Everyone has named powers except MC and Ella. The most distinct feature that can be named is his armors because they work like "stances" (light, caster and heavy). But then again he can change 10 stances per second, perhaps combine them on the fly.
I like it "Recurring Nightmare", when someone hears you saying that they know they are about to have a bad time, i was thinking about something longer because other characters either:
Have shorts but badass names/Have long but badass names

It could be resumed like this
aA03M50_700b.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: monk_56

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Ella being alive time.

When it comes to Ella, I feel like the MC totally overlooked something. Maybe he thought it but didn't say it to them. I'll just mention Snow White, so you know where I'm about to go with this. This will tell you all you need to know about what I'm getting at, especially when you factor in that Ella proved this update that she can indeed control herself from a distance. Whether that be by her tentacles underground or via her "Body" power she got from the 3rd. Put these two together and you can start to see what she might've did. It's obvious that she's not dead but this might've been what she did in that moment.

In case you still don't get what I'm referring to, the MC changed a corpse to look like him in prison. Said corpse lasted a long time before it reverted back, if I recall correctly. The MC used that at level 2 and learned it from Level 4 Ella. Ella, now Level 5, was able to command her small body that was disconnecting and reconnecting with her huge main body below. As you can see from her fight with Nico, she was bouncing around all over the place. So it's safe to assume that she could've used a body double, with a decent amount of her energy imbued within it, to take Nyx's death attack, after she split.

Now whether Ella stayed after or left isn't known. She could've used the two agents to be teleported away by Nico. She also could've split temporarily before Nyx attacked and joined back with herself right after. I know what Malik said but he didn't account for the fact that she could possibly sever herself from her body and puppeteer it. She has complete control over her body, so she can most likely "play dead" while hiding in her own corpse to maintain it's form.

Hell, taking it even further, Ella could've hid in the damn tree with the lieutenant lol. The roots were in the ground and we know Ella can use her tentacles like the MC, underground. She could've chilled there while controlling her body with a tentacle. Sight isn't a problem either because Ella can not only see through walls but through underground and from a great distance.

So we have a couple of possibilities here. She could've hid in the tree while controlling her body, or she could split from her body momentarily to take Nyx attack and then joined back to play dead, or even fled outright while commanding her body from a distance. There's so many ways beyond even these that could have happened. Like Nyx's power not actually affecting her at all. She did try to put her mark on the MC but he healed it back with his shapeshifting. While it doesn't function the same as her Negative Energy Death attack, it shows that shape shifting, at least on Ella and MC's level, should be treated differently. Especially so since they're both 1st Generation son's and daughter's of the 3rd and 4th.

So yeah, she's not dead. Even the MC is skeptical about it. That whole ordeal was pretty much a nothing burger, for me. She still got her ass beat though, so there's still that but they definitely didn't kill her. Laurie's fate had way more impact for me because I know she's not a main character and has no OP Monster trait backing her up.

That's it for Ella. I might go into the battles next since I covered the Apostles and a bit of the theory stuff already. I also have to definitely redo the power ranking. Deus position got to be moved to the Beyond section while Nico drops for Malik, Bernhardt and Henri. Malik was a beast this update and if Bernhardt is comparable, if not stronger, that makes them insane.
its clear as sunny day that this is Ella's plan to bring MC volluntary or Involluntary to her side
no need to infiltrate H.E.R.O base like she did with jake since Mommy Nyx rollout the red carpet for her
so Ella's corpse is either a fake only used for mark where the real Ella can appear in this body or there are some trigger that can makes her wake up......
the trigger is probably MC himself or that stupid muh no corruption moron LV 3 Lieutenant turned tree

Last edited:

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Even Jared has his standing sprite upgraded. Hopefully other older characters follow soon.

On another note, wasn't Ella elvoved to lv 5 using a stolen serum? But the old man Xanthe said it needed to be refined based on each user so how did a random unrefined serum works for Ella? Or did the old man just lied so that he doesn't have to give away too many of his serums :ROFLMAO:.

Shadowdragon

May 6, 2017
Pretty sure neither Amber or the player showed any romantic interest towards each other before the game.

Liz on the other hand came off as a sociopath and out of the players league to me. She also didn't really want a relationship. Obviously the events in the romance and in a fucked up way the NTR route has changed her mind. Its a pretty normal thing to happen. idk how she is lowering her standard when the Player becomes literally one of the best people on earth lol.

I highly doubt Alice would even take a 2nd look at the player before his transformation. Amber and Liz were one his best friends growing up idk man.

Nah Liz had a reputation for getting around even before the university.
To clarify about Alice, if you walk in on her in the shower in her house and offer to wash her back with enough relationship points, she out and out tells you she's into smaller men. That doesn't mean that she'd instantly be smitten, but we would have a shot at least.

Reactions: Sayajin2205
4.80 star(s) 335 Votes