Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
As far as I could tell, you can visit one extra room and still complete the mission without getting noticed. This was with no killing, full stealth choices. Not sure if it matters if you kill everyone or not.
I did it with stealth too, but i wanted at least the scene with Charlie since that thing she gets seems important to know, i will try again now, thanks man (y).

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
To hit some of this.

For the SIN part, I think that's more of a Deus thing than HERO slipping there. He needed the MC to Infiltrate HERO to give him his warnings. It's also so MC and Tiffany would draw Dexter's attention and raise their worth while allowing Tiffany to become a superhuman.
Yea you are right. With Deus there, everything was seemless and worked largely to MC's favor. I meant it more from a narration/atmosphere perspective. The multitude of choices, the knowledge that using powers may alert security etc. In my second playthrough I didn't get the same intense feeling, since I knew that there isn't any actual danger there (aside from attacking Jared with Charlie nearby, a level 3 fight in enemy territory would be dangerous anyway)

For that dead end, it's curious isn't it? This isn't the first time either. As he was nuking his dimension, he didn't snatch the MC as well. Even though he was only with Alice and Deryl at that time. Then there's the fact that Cole only wanted to bring Deryl while also threatening to kill the MC. The Charlie part only made me hate her more to be honest. We still didn't get to snipe Jared's ass somehow.
You raise a good point, I never really thought about it due to the scale of Hexenringe's action, but yes, MC is in grave and asymmetric danger every time he deals with Ella's faction.

This time it was pretty much unwarranted. Hexenringe actively targeted the MC while Charlie and Jared were safe and out of reach. I get that Ella's faction wants to protect Jared because they want the stones, but their hostility towards MC is obvious now.

You're also correct. Why the hell do all of our enemies think we're weak compared to them? It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't keep claiming Ella carried us through everything on top of it.
It's truly one of the great mysteries. Ella doesn't keep it a secret that MC is her chosen. Cole seems to shit his pants when he hears about "mother's opinion". He clearly knows who the MC refers to.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I do agree with you that monsters probably wouldn't care about any of that but and this is again going off what we know: Nico's power seems to be limited to the inner solar system as she was able to pull a bit of the sun to crush down on Ella with. In the bad end she was able to yeet MC into space but it was only near Earth (maybe she didn't view the MC as a big enough threat to put anywhere else...although its clear the MC is moving away from Earth in that end not getting closer).

Now let's pretend she has the full capability to yeet a monster anywhere in the inner solar system. She could just yeet them directly into the sun and ending them there and then. This is a easy way to prevent them from getting back to Earth even if they could.

I guess this all comes down to what is the full extent of her power? Maybe she can even yeet shit outside the solar system but that is pure speculation (we only seen inner solar system shiz).
I don't think this is necessarily true. Nico has said she can teleport to Hex's dimension by herself. She claims if MC was sent off to a too far away dimension by Hex, even she might not be able to bring him back. Yet this update, they think Nico can save the MC from Hex's hosted dimension, if he got stuck.

This could just mean she can "hijack" Hex's Dimension for a teleport or that Hex dimension is operating in the same space but at a different phase, frequency or whatever you would call it. Basically, range isn't important, just access.

We still haven't seen her full power yet with all of her six rings in use. With 4(or 5?) Rings, she opened a rift to the Sun's core. Maybe using all 6 would allow her greater distance at the price of being extremely vulnerable?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For the 1st bit there. It doesn't exactly put to bed him being inferior as that wasn't what was said in the first place. When we, or I, said Michael may not get the full Power Trait, it's that it wouldn't fully develop. As I've said, it wasn't like Michael wouldn't be powerful, he's still an Apostle spawn after all. It's that he wouldn't get the full Power trait because of his compatibility possibly being low. That's what I was referring to with those comments.

The real important thing about that scene was the ramifications about one of them missing during that whole thing. Also the fact that Nyx expected us to see it before sending us out there. Which is what made that scene sus for me. Like she might know we're also a spawn of one as well and is trying to bait them to react since another one is present. At least that's what I think about it.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
For the 1st bit there. It doesn't exactly put to bed him being inferior as that wasn't what was said in the first place. When we, or I, said Michael may not get the full Power Trait, it's that it wouldn't fully develop. As I've said, it wasn't like Michael wouldn't be powerful, he's still an Apostle spawn after all. It's that he wouldn't get the full Power trait because of his compatibility possibly being low. That's what I was referring to with those comments.

The real important thing about that scene was the ramifications about one of them missing during that whole thing. Also the fact that Nyx expected us to see it before sending us out there. Which is what made that scene sus for me. Like she might know we're also a spawn of one as well and is trying to bait them to react since another one is present. At least that's what I think about it.
Well it kinda depends on what you consider as "full trait". MC for example has the full body trait. Whatever Ella can do, he can also do. The difference is that MC has to do it in a more instinctual manner while Ella has way better control right of the bat. However they both can change molecular structure so the "depth" of their ability is pretty much the same.

In Michael's case, the abilities we can observe from the 2nd are
1) Matter to energy conversion (absorbed the Leigong)
2) Energy transformation (got lightning, outputted some form or radiation)
3) Radiation based attacks
4) The glow that turned night into day.
5) Energy to matter conversion (probably what happened when it created it's arms)

Michael could already do the first 4 and during his evolution he also did the 5th, by increasing the size of his muscles. So I don't think there is any indication he didn't get the full trait.

He also did well against Tif, who is supposed to have compatibility with the 8th so he doesn't seem to lack for power in comparison.

As for Nyx, that's a smart connection. Nyx is savvy and tricksy, although personally I didn't get the same vibe, due to how she dismissed it once MC answered negatively. The funny part is that eventually MC noticed it and Nyx probably missed it. The way the narration goes, it's also possible that MC noticed a presense in Tiffany that Nyx missed, but Michael's was stronger.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Does anyone know the requirements to finish the infiltration mission whitout being noticed ? I made it but i had to go straight to the command center, is there another way ?
Killing the security chief always results in getting detected and missing out on the +10 power reward as an injection from Nyx. But killing the chief gives you +3 corruption. Killing the male guard, female guard or the boss of the secretary seemingly doesn't do anything either way.

You also get detected if you tell the chief there's been a murder and choose just to quietly touch him.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Killing the security chief always results in getting detected and missing out on the +10 power reward as an injection from Nyx. But killing the chief gives you +3 corruption. Killing the male guard, female guard or the boss of the secretary seemingly doesn't do anything either way.

You also get detected if you tell the chief there's been a murder and choose just to quietly touch him.
You know, i think i tried with a route like this:
Telling the boss i found a puppy, knocking the guard out, telling the chief there was an incident, just touching to get his form
And yet still a only could not get caught if a went straight to the command center. I managed to go to two rooms only when banging my way trough the mission.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Code:
  File "game/scripts/day106.rpy", line 936, in <module>
    if bossmemories == False:
NameError: name 'bossmemories' is not defined

Code:
Superhuman-0.96-pc/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "bossmemories" {} \;
./scripts/day106.rpy:    $ bossmemories = True
./scripts/day106.rpy:    $ bossmemories = False
./scripts/day106.rpy:    if bossmemories == False:
I did a little poking around based on that and figured out that the dev should have put the boss memory initialization as appropriate in EVERY option leading from being hassled by the boss for tardiness. I had chosen the "stray puppy" option where this was missed. Considering this passage included a litle unsolicited tentacle from asshole action I'm going to jump into the console and set this to True to carry on.

Reactions: TerminusPrime

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The Valravn thing I got because she does leave us hanging there
Honestly, I am pretty sure she doesn't. Valravn dead end happens inside his power sphere, doesn't it? It seems quite possible that said sphere simply cut off Nico's power like Valravn himself did, so she couldn't rescue MC.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
You know, i think i tried with a route like this:
Telling the boss i found a puppy, knocking the guard out, telling the chief there was an incident, just touching to get his form
And yet still a only could not get caught if a went straight to the command center. I managed to go to two rooms only when banging my way trough the mission.
Yeah, it seems that if you kill the male guard without killing the secretary's boss you cannot search extra rooms without getting detected.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well it kinda depends on what you consider as "full trait". MC for example has the full body trait. Whatever Ella can do, he can also do. The difference is that MC has to do it in a more instinctual manner while Ella has way better control right of the bat. However they both can change molecular structure so the "depth" of their ability is pretty much the same.

In Michael's case, the abilities we can observe from the 2nd are
1) Matter to energy conversion (absorbed the Leigong)
2) Energy transformation (got lightning, outputted some form or radiation)
3) Radiation based attacks
4) The glow that turned night into day.
5) Energy to matter conversion (probably what happened when it created it's arms)

Michael could already do the first 4 and during his evolution he also did the 5th, by increasing the size of his muscles. So I don't think there is any indication he didn't get the full trait.

He also did well against Tif, who is supposed to have compatibility with the 8th so he doesn't seem to lack for power in comparison.

As for Nyx, that's a smart connection. Nyx is savvy and tricksy, although personally I didn't get the same vibe, due to how she dismissed it once MC answered negatively. The funny part is that eventually MC noticed it and Nyx probably missed it. The way the narration goes, it's also possible that MC noticed a presense in Tiffany that Nyx missed, but Michael's was stronger.
We don't know the full extent of the trait yet and those surface level abilities could be the basic stuff for Power. Kind of like how Jake's was "simple" early on but had the potential to command objects and so on in the future, if he didn't mess it up. The comparison between Ella and MC isn't really a good one because we know both the MC and Ella have around the same compatibility with the MC inheriting both traits. You would need to compare someone like Deus and Zack, if they have the same parent somehow. We'll have to wait to see how Michael progress regardless so I'll let this one simmer a bit.

As for the Tiffany bit, we don't actually know her compatibility, which is funny now that I remembered. She's a test tube spawn, technically :KEK:. The fact that the Light Apostle didn't show up but Power did also plays a part. Michael was getting way more power out of it while She was only getting what comes with an Evolution, likely. It's absence there likely affected Tiffany since nothing was passed on or granted by her parent.

With Nyx. the Ella and Nyx conspiracy theories can get more fuel/ammo if you think about the fact that Nyx can see dead people and we all know where Ella's "corpse" is located. So if she's working with Ella, she's probably seeing how far along the MC is by seeing if he could sense the 8th and 2nd. What is more strange is that the 3rd and 4th didn't intervene when the 2nd pushed the MC out and tried to proxy Michael and absorb his power.

That's why that scenes gives me the most thoughts from this update. Corruption around 46 or Power over 450 doesn't seem to effect it. All 3 people participating are Apostle Spawns. Only Power shows up while 8th said that's no my child or dead. 4th doesn't retaliate like she did with Jake. Though to be fair, the 2nd might've just pushed the MC out. It might've just been a warning not to mess with his spawn with his power. So our parent not showing up makes sense since 2nd wasn't being too heavy handed.

We'll have to see where this goes in the future.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
After trying out the dog form in front of Emily, the MC says to Deryl:
"I got powned by a friggin dog, that's what just happened."​

It is a pinnacle of embarrassment to see gamer slang being misspelled by a game developer. The word is pwned, not powned. o_O The word rather famously came about due to a typing error (the 'o' and 'p' keys being right next to each other) in the game Warcraft whenever the game beat the player it said "<character> has been pwned!". :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 335 Votes