ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The only reason that plotline managed to plod along in some sort of semblance of working at all, was by both of them becoming monumentally moronic for no reason beyond Zack Snyder's hardon for Frank Miller comics.
I'm not discussing details of what made things work or not in these movies, and how it's different from comic, these are very much a red herring. The point is that desired scenario (elimination of potential threat based on nothing but what-if) of a narrow-minded person can very well backfire in the long run because what's eliminated isn't an actual threat, but potential defense against one.

And playing a devil's advocate for a moment: "But Jake might take over the world!" and... so fucking what, if he did? What's exactly so horrible and unacceptable about this prospect, compared to the present alternative of the world already being ruled by a small group of superhuman psychopaths and sleazy politicians, who look only after their own interest? Because if anything, compared to them he looks like an improvement.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
>All top hero members could destroy the world.
>Deus easily kills Jake at level 5
>I'd argue the duplication guy is more of a threat then Jake. In the taking over the world sense
> MC could fight and defeat Jake while being at the same level. Absolutely nothing suggests he'd be able to control the super level 5's at H.E.R.O or even the MC.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
And playing a devil's advocate for a moment: "But Jake might take over the world!" and... so fucking what, if he did? What's exactly so horrible and unacceptable about this prospect, compared to the present alternative of the world already being ruled by a small group of superhuman psychopaths and sleazy politicians, who look only after their own interest? Because if anything, compared to them he looks like an improvement.
That's the single worst case of Devil's Advocate I've seen to date.
He'd be far worse than them, because to get into that position he'd have to be able to either control them or eliminate them, which means doing the same to the more or less the entirety of H.E.R.O. and its political connections. Not to mention doing the same to S.I.N. as well, and literally anyone and everyone who opposes or takes exception to his actions.
Not one case of that would be bloodless, or without collateral damage on a scale that makes some of the monster attacks the public has witnessed seem like children quarelling in a sandpit.

After all that, whatever's left would still be worse off with him in a position of absolute power.

JuAqe

Oct 14, 2020
I kill jake simply because he's wronged me, and I can use the power gained from assimilating him better than he can use his own power while alive. Don't have to worry about all the what ifs if hes just another voice in the Mc's noggin.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
MC could fight and defeat Jake while being at the same level.
Because MC knew where Jack was and what he was doing.
Jack's strength is not in direct combat.

Absolutely nothing suggests he'd be able to control the super level 5's at H.E.R.O or even the MC.
Because you know EXACTLY in which direction his abilities will develop during the next 3 evolutions?
You are really good. I thought only WeirdWorld knew these things.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Because you know EXACTLY in which direction his abilities will develop during the next 3 evolutions?
Jake is a fun bag of possibility and potential.

Shit if the player goes out of their way to have low power (for whatever reason) Jake can outright order the MC to listen to him (during the liz and amber shirtless scene) and tell em to go away.

We can presume many players will be able to overcome such a command just by having more power than Jake the fact it's possible for Jake to even get a command through is very telling that Jake 'could' control MC...well at least back then if given the time to properly establish dominance over em.

Jake if I remember right may have inherited 2 traits (at least thats what monster mommy and ella said) so he might resurge as a threat or an ally depending how the player did things (doubt it tho).

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's the single worst case of Devil's Advocate I've seen to date.
He'd be far worse than them, because to get into that position he'd have to be able to either control them or eliminate them, which means doing the same to the more or less the entirety of H.E.R.O. and its political connections. Not to mention doing the same to S.I.N. as well, and literally anyone and everyone who opposes or takes exception to his actions.
Not one case of that would be bloodless, or without collateral damage on a scale that makes some of the monster attacks the public has witnessed seem like children quarelling in a sandpit.

After all that, whatever's left would still be worse off with him in a position of absolute power.
These are all nothing but hyperbolic presumptions and scaremongering. Mind control and/or elimination of few top people in charge doesn't necessarily need to be messy. Additionally, this is something people in charge have been doing already and for years if not decades, so what's exactly different about Jake doing it, that'd makes him doing the same thing so pearl-clutching worse?

You'll also need to elaborate on that last point. Why exactly do you think world with Jake in charge would be worse off than when controlled by people who run population-wide eugenics and consider you nothing but inferior cattle and tools, killed by thousands in their child games for supremacy? What do you think he'd even do that'd warrant this sort of statement?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
These are all nothing but hyperbolic presumptions and scaremongering.
No, they're realistic projections based on common sense.

Mind control and/or elimination of few top people in charge doesn't necessarily need to be messy.
Doesn't need to, but would be.
There's no way in hell he could take over without having to eliminate a great many people, both super and normal humans.
He'd have to get enough evolutions under his belt in the hopes that it would push his mind control abilities to the point that he'd be incapable of repeating past mistakes... Which H.E.R.O. would not allow without the means to counter or terminate him with automated failsafes before he'd even get to that point, assuming he even manages to get more evolutions either naturally or H.E.R.O. injecting him. That's something they'd be incredibly reticent to do without already having safeguards in place, including a killswitch.

At that point, his only resort is to have been doing it for a long time and without advancing enough for H.E.R.O. to consider him a threat, with each and every single instance of mind control increasing the risk of discovery, and only at the lowest possible ranks of H.E.R.O. and aligned groups.
That makes it a numbers game on his part, which itself cannot work against any of the Captains, let alone most of their lieutenants, because they'd straight-up annihilate those under Jake's control before doing the same to him.

Remember, he'd be going up against powerful people who have vastly more experience in that kind of arena than him, knowing how to work the system far better than they'd ever let him get to.

Additionally, this is something people in charge have been doing already and for years if not decades, so what's exactly different about Jake doing it, that'd makes him doing the same thing so pearl-clutching worse?
"People in charge" have been using mind control to usurp positions of power for years, if not decades... Wtf??? :LOL:

Also "pearl clutching"... There's no shock or exaggerated display of shock from my end at the idea of Jake taking over. The "shock" is in anyone thinking he could or should, because it's moronic.

You'll also need to elaborate on that last point. Why exactly do you think world with Jake in charge would be worse off than when controlled by people who run population-wide eugenics and consider you nothing but inferior cattle and tools, killed by thousands in their child games for supremacy? What do you think he'd even do that'd warrant this sort of statement?
Realistic projection.
Getting to that point, assuming he somehow circumvents/avoids inevitable failsafes and killswitches, would have taken so long and he'd have had to do many things just as cruel, ruthless and underhanded as those he replaces. Not even the best intentioned person would be same at that point. Everything he'd done, he'd have to keep doing those things, and on a scale that would either have to be absolute control, or control of the ones left and giving orders, and all by some miracle never being exposed during his reign, for fear of being overthrown himself.
Speaking of fear of being overthrown, that's a realistic fear that he'd have to live with, be vigilant for, and actively ensure it can't happen by whatever means necessary. That just leads again to absolute control, which isn't doing better than the ones already in power, because it just leads to suffering, death, revolutions and more death.

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
you guys forget mc memory trait, even if jake lvl 5 could control all humanity and most of superhumans, mc lvl 5 could simply become a giant head in sky brainiac ship style and use memory trait in the entire planet to undo de mind control easy problem solved

Jake was never and never will be a treat anything he can do we can easily undo
Jake wins just if you miss some power points and not be ahead of the game, wicht is the cannon event mc is always after more power and he always will be the most powerful he was made to be broken as hell and feel weak as fuck but that weakness is just illusion we are on the road to be newborn god just wait

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
These are all nothing but hyperbolic presumptions and scaremongering. Mind control and/or elimination of few top people in charge doesn't necessarily need to be messy. Additionally, this is something people in charge have been doing already and for years if not decades, so what's exactly different about Jake doing it, that'd makes him doing the same thing so pearl-clutching worse?
Dude what? At least there are elections and stuff for the ministers, even when they are partially corrupted youre telling me a single guy with all the power isnt much worse?

Your do realise that H.E.R.O (which you seem to dislike) is now in charge of Jake and can use him for whatever they intend? Maybe this helps opening your eyes why he's so dangerous, he doesnt even have to be the top dog himself, others (like Ella or HERO) can use him too.

The comparison with other high-threat heros isnt really valid either, there powers are not as sneaky and nobody of them has authority and order. And we just never had the choice to kill the founders, deus or whoever as the mc was always weaker so its kinda a moot point to discuss.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018

Jake literally couldn't mind control the MC when he was at the same level lol.

I thought you knew since you know how dangerous Jake definitely is and how dangerous everyone else definitely isn't.

If we're going by "potential" then yeah lets kill literally every superhuman in the world. Especially the MC since he's def gonna turn intoa cthulu monster that eats the universe (i talk to ww directly).

But yeah i was the only one assuming things, my bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

IHC

May 8, 2021

I thought you knew since you know how dangerous Jake definitely is and how dangerous everyone else definitely isn't.

If we're going by "potential" then yeah lets kill literally every superhuman in the world. Especially the MC since he's def gonna turn intoa cthulu monster that eats the universe (i talk to ww directly).

assuming that you did talk with ww, could you ask him when the new update will be release?

Zero1994

Sep 17, 2021
Queda por ver qué tipo de consecuencias da el autor a la hora de elegir matar o perdonar a cada enemigo.

I feel that a pure power route would imply a more powerful protagonist and a route of forgiving each one, a large cast of allies fighting as a team or great moral support (Nakama power).

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
assuming that you did talk with ww, could you ask him when the new update will be release?
Well about the update, according to what I saw on his Patreon "Post made on 10/29/23... ww, said he had to postpone the update for about a week". However, I don't know why the reason of warning is there, it's behind the Patreon paywall. Anyway, if this week from 11/05/23 onwards, then I don't know. because supposedly the patrons version was supposed to arrive this week. Then, you can wait another week to gain access to the public version, that is, if no charitable soul leaks the patrons' version early :KEK:

Correct me if I'm wrong, all I know is from the patreon message and some comments on Ichio.

JuAqe

Oct 14, 2020

Jake could and DID control the mc during their fight, it was made explicitly clear that he had to seal his own ear canals just to avoid hearing the orders. if deryl wasnt there, there was a very real possibility jake would have won the fight, it wouldve been unlikely, but still possible. Now, MC with his upgraded memory is a whole other story, but whats being discussed isnt raw mc vs jake, its the possibility of jake being a problem. Now, he wont be; Simply because hes weak minded and likely screwed up his evolution prospects, the story made it so that he cant be any sort of big threat. But people are discussing the choice at that very moment, whether or not its right to kill jake, and by all means "He's a threat" was a valid argument at that point and time when we all had no knowledge of future updates. Even now it is a valid argument, because anything could happen; but in my opinion its purely a matter of whether you like him or not. At this point in time he physically cannot challenge the mc, knowing that now its just "Do I like this guy enough to not turn him into power points?"

Reactions: SquallofNight
4.80 star(s) 329 Votes