Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
So far there has been absolutely no reason "in game" to have a 0 corruption run. The lowest corruption check towards the start is at 3 (pretty sure that's all or most corruption at that point) and on my "low corruption" I was at 2 until Micheal's dream, pretty sure corruption checks have only gone up (around the 20s now).

I would be really surprised if there is ever anything for specifically 0 corruption, maybe something related to an ending so WW doesn't have to write/juggle another possible "path".
I too don't expect 0 corruption to be important. Perhaps a minor alteration of an ending? Don't think it will be more than that.

Reactions: Nadder and Simpgor

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I remember a dialogue with Syla during the stormy night, she mentions how you can regain a lot of what the "voices" took from you if you keep in touch with your humanity and find love, i wonder if we will have the chance to purge some corruption eventually for the people who kept it low, or if we will have some margin to work with for a "pure" ending.

Apr 17, 2024
I remember a dialogue with Syla during the stormy night, she mentions how you can regain a lot of what the "voices" took from you if you keep in touch with your humanity and find love, i wonder if we will have the chance to purge some corruption eventually for the people who kept it low, or if we will have some margin to work with for a "pure" ending.
I figure we'll probably see the organization working on curing monsterism (and that probably treated Syla) at some point. Or some survivor of it, at least, if it's been wiped out. It's Chekov's Gun, WeirdWorld wouldn't have drawn attention to it with Markus Alderman having a scene just to tell us about it if it was never going to become relevant. And they'd be the most likely people to know anything about lowering corruption.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Considering that all the corruption checks have been going up (3?,6?,15?,25?) I think it's very unlikely that we are going to see anything from a 0 corruption run, not just because of bailey being around is the "nice" option but you get more lore about the immaterial world and future potential for MC power (he'll be able to bring "back" from there), and then Micheal's dream is "harmless" corruption (ie nobody is hurt you just eat dream monsters) but raises the stat by 5 makes me think it's even less likely that a 0 run will get anything (maybe a line or two of dialog that won't change anything else)

I figure we'll probably see the organization working on curing monsterism (and that probably treated Syla) at some point. Or some survivor of it, at least, if it's been wiped out. It's Chekov's Gun, WeirdWorld wouldn't have drawn attention to it with Markus Alderman having a scene just to tell us about it if it was never going to become relevant. And they'd be the most likely people to know anything about lowering corruption.
If Syla went to the same place MC went (deryl comments on it being shady af but fancy).....then I don't think they were curing monsterism......

Unless Ella knows MC at some other point in his missing history that's the place they first met, probably where she met tanos (guess based on her looking younger in that photo), and the place where "her plan" was hatched. It would be the biggest twist in the game if they were legit good (or even not bad) people :KEK:

Logically that group would have to better "monster focused medical stuff" than xanthe since all he can do (with decades and all of heros resource) is prevent corruption if you wear a helmet (for at least 6-8 hours if mc sleeps normally). Curing corruption would have been "helpful" for hero as well considering Henri/Nyx.

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate
Apr 17, 2024
If Syla went to the same place MC went (deryl comments on it being shady af but fancy).....then I don't think they were curing monsterism......

Unless Ella knows MC at some other point in his missing history that's the place they first met, probably where she met tanos (guess based on her looking younger in that photo), and the place where "her plan" was hatched. It would be the biggest twist in the game if they were legit good (or even not bad) people :KEK:

Logically that group would have to better "monster focused medical stuff" than xanthe since all he can do (with decades and all of heros resource) is prevent corruption if you wear a helmet (for at least 6-8 hours if mc sleeps normally). Curing corruption would have been "helpful" for hero as well considering Henri/Nyx.
Oh, I don't think they're the "good guys". But curing monsterism is a practical goal even if you're not very altruistic, like you said it would be a big help for anyone working with superhumans. Though oddly, Markus Alderman said that Xanthe considered the monsterism-curing group to have a "regressive philosophy", so maybe he doesn't agree. Maybe it's not that the best he can do is prevent corruption, but that he just doesn't want to do more for whatever reason.

And yeah, Ella might have first encountered the MC at the hospital. It's that or at the homeless camp he ran away to, but we have that photo of her in the hospital, so that seems more likely. Which raises some ominous possibilities. Stephen worked for the institute that treated Syla, and probably had at least some idea of what they did there. And Ella considers the MC to be the only other survivor of...something, though we don't know what. Did Stephen give his child over to Tanos to be experimented on?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor

eroul211

Sep 24, 2022
The homeless camp happend after his mother died right? He remembers the homeless guy who acted like a father figure for the camp but not Ella? He does not have any memories after the incident so that means if he encountered Ella before his mother died

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Well, this is no OPM. Superhuman is more similar to Dragon Ball (just written better) there's always a stronger dude with some grudge against the MC
If we talk about the main character, his powers are basically the powers of Alex Mercer from the prototype video game. We haven't seen him use energy attacks yet that I remember. And the other characters have a wide variety of superpowers from anime, manga and comics.

Apr 17, 2024
The homeless camp happend after his mother died right? He remembers the homeless guy who acted like a father figure for the camp but not Ella? He does not have any memories after the incident so that means if he encountered Ella before his mother died
Which, again, is pretty ominous. What happened during the time he spent with Ella that Syla didn't want him to remember? If Tanos did work at that clinic, odds are good that he would have seen the human-monster hybrid that is the MC and wanted to experiment on him. Syla said that the memories she blocked would be hard on the MC, and Tanos' experiments would be pretty hard on him.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Oh, I don't think they're the "good guys". But curing monsterism is a practical goal even if you're not very altruistic, like you said it would be a big help for anyone working with superhumans. Though oddly, Markus Alderman said that Xanthe considered the monsterism-curing group to have a "regressive philosophy", so maybe he doesn't agree. Maybe it's not that the best he can do is prevent corruption, but that he just doesn't want to do more for whatever reason.

And yeah, Ella might have first encountered the MC at the hospital. It's that or at the homeless camp he ran away to, but we have that photo of her in the hospital, so that seems more likely. Which raises some ominous possibilities. Stephen worked for the institute that treated Syla, and probably had at least some idea of what they did there. And Ella considers the MC to be the only other survivor of...something, though we don't know what. Did Stephen give his child over to Tanos to be experimented on?
Well curing "monsterism" and "corruption" are different I doubt putting a helmet on claire would reverse her current state, wanting to go from superhuman to human could be "regressive" but just making sure peoples powers dont mutate in harmful ways (nyx/henri) should be something viewed as beneficial. We also know that becoming a monster/human causes biological changes but corruption is seemingly mental/mystical (nyx got mind raped by "ghosts" for a time/being able to "hear monster whispers at night") so "corruption" should be much harder to cure.

As the person above me says since he recalls the guy who told him "your life aint that shit kid" he would have to remember Ella, the only way for her to know him without him knowing her is too meet before him mom died.

Well we "know" Stephen meets syla, stephen likes her tiddies, stephen too horny to care about her shapeshifting/clearly being mentally messed up, stephen marries her (all confirmed in dream?) from here right now my guess would be: stephen gets job while syla is being "treated", syla lies to him about the treatments, MC is born and probably does some monster stuff or whatever ended him at same place, stephen learns whats going on and does some blackmail stuff to get mc/syla out of there but syla dies in order for mc to live/the lab sends someone to kill her.

I dont think stephen would give MC willingly for experimentation, he sure as shit wouldnt willingly give up syla for it, and that goes double when you consider how "above and beyond" tanos would likely go (like he did with amber/liz)

Which, again, is pretty ominous. What happened during the time he spent with Ella that Syla didn't want him to remember? If Tanos did work at that clinic, odds are good that he would have seen the human-monster hybrid that is the MC and wanted to experiment on him. Syla said that the memories she blocked would be hard on the MC, and Tanos' experiments would be pretty hard on him.
Considering cole is "angry" but otherwise "sane/functioning" I dont think it was "just" tanos experiments that are the reason, I think the real reason has more to do with whatever "bad stuff syla took in over the years" that caused her a "true spawn" to no longer be consdiered "pure"......beyond that would be rampant speculation but my money is on a certain raven and their lord :illuminati:

Apr 17, 2024
Well curing "monsterism" and "corruption" are different I doubt putting a helmet on claire would reverse her current state, wanting to go from superhuman to human could be "regressive" but just making sure peoples powers dont mutate in harmful ways (nyx/henri) should be something viewed as beneficial. We also know that becoming a monster/human causes biological changes but corruption is seemingly mental/mystical (nyx got mind raped by "ghosts" for a time/being able to "hear monster whispers at night") so "corruption" should be much harder to cure.

As the person above me says since he recalls the guy who told him "your life aint that shit kid" he would have to remember Ella, the only way for her to know him without him knowing her is too meet before him mom died.

Well we "know" Stephen meets syla, stephen likes her tiddies, stephen too horny to care about her shapeshifting/clearly being mentally messed up, stephen marries her (all confirmed in dream?) from here right now my guess would be: stephen gets job while syla is being "treated", syla lies to him about the treatments, MC is born and probably does some monster stuff or whatever ended him at same place, stephen learns whats going on and does some blackmail stuff to get mc/syla out of there but syla dies in order for mc to live/the lab sends someone to kill her.

I dont think stephen would give MC willingly for experimentation, he sure as shit wouldnt willingly give up syla for it, and that goes double when you consider how "above and beyond" tanos would likely go (like he did with amber/liz)

Considering cole is "angry" but otherwise "sane/functioning" I dont think it was "just" tanos experiments that are the reason, I think the real reason has more to do with whatever "bad stuff syla took in over the years" that caused her a "true spawn" to no longer be consdiered "pure"......beyond that would be rampant speculation but my money is on a certain raven and their lord :illuminati:
Yeah, if I'm being realistic Stephen wouldn't have willingly let Tanos do anything to the MC. He's shady, not evil. Either he didn't know the worst stuff that happened at the institute, or he had no other choice. Like, maybe the MC had some serious health problem because of his hybrid status that only Tanos could fix, and Tanos got his experiments in while working on him. We know the MC was a lot shorter than his parents before he became a superhuman, him being very ill as a child would explain that. But yeah, that's the most "willing" I can see Stephen being in giving his own son to the institute to work on.

And yeah, I do think it's likely that most of the MC's blocked memories have to do with Syla not wanting young him to know about monster stuff, not whatever happened to him in the hospital. Valravn and things related to him seem likely explanations. But something had to have happened to have him not remember Ella. The way Ella's inner monologue describes it, the MC was with her for a while. Shorter than the rest of the group (probably because Stephen got him out of there), but long enough for her to see him as part of the group and not an outsider. So there was some extended experience that the MC had that Syla didn't want him to remember.

I don't know. It's all just conjecture for now. I'm sure my speculation will be put to rest in a few updates, after the MC grinds enough skill points into Memory powers for him to use the key Syla gave him. Should be fun to see how right/wrong I am.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
And yeah, I do think it's likely that most of the MC's blocked memories have to do with Syla not wanting young him to know about monster stuff, not whatever happened to him in the hospital. Valravn and things related to him seem likely explanations. But something had to have happened to have him not remember Ella. The way Ella's inner monologue describes it, the MC was with her for a while. Shorter than the rest of the group (probably because Stephen got him out of there), but long enough for her to see him as part of the group and not an outsider. So there was some extended experience that the MC had that Syla didn't want him to remember.

I don't know. It's all just conjecture for now. I'm sure my speculation will be put to rest in a few updates, after the MC grinds enough skill points into Memory powers for him to use the key Syla gave him. Should be fun to see how right/wrong I am.
I think syla did a "blanket memory wipe/blocking" rather than being able to do something specific like block out his memories of just the lab. Like I said cole is functioning (if angry) human and he recalls 100% of what tanos did to him, and that would have been after the knowledge he gained from MC so the experiments would likely be worse/more in depth.

Syla wiping all of his memory (instead of just parts) could be due to the impurities (which we know both syla/MC has) or her needing to do it at the last second and not being to able to pick and choose.

We already "know" MC is connected to the 7th because during the dream his hand grabs us back into the dream and speaks 100% plain ass English to MC (not monster gibberish at all) and the text is either about death or killing everyone.....

Imagine if Lil shorty MC knew that he was "destined" to "be above all/ kill everyone" right around the same time his mom dies and he experiences some of the shit people can do. It would be so easy for MC to go down a "dark" (corrupt) path and feel like he has no choice. Why help Alice when at the end of the day you are going to consume her? Same for anybody and everybody. It would justify syla talking about "love" to MC, and explain all the "need allies" that the low corruption scenes are tagged with. Because if MC isn't going to use his powers he is going to need allies.

Edit: also explains why Syla is happy that MC kept his scars. Despite being able to be "perfect" (in a body sense) the MC rather be "himself" even if it's a small and mostly meaningless thing

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024
I think syla did a "blanket memory wipe/blocking" rather than being able to do something specific like block out his memories of just the lab. Like I said cole is functioning (if angry) human and he recalls 100% of what tanos did to him, and that would have been after the knowledge he gained from MC so the experiments would likely be worse/more in depth.

Syla wiping all of his memory (instead of just parts) could be due to the impurities (which we know both syla/MC has) or her needing to do it at the last second and not being to able to pick and choose.

We already "know" MC is connected to the 7th because during the dream his hand grabs us back into the dream and speaks 100% plain ass English to MC (not monster gibberish at all) and the text is either about death or killing everyone.....

Imagine if Lil shorty MC knew that he was "destined" to "be above all/ kill everyone" right around the same time his mom dies and he experiences some of the shit people can do. It would be so easy for MC to go down a "dark" (corrupt) path and feel like he has no choice. Why help Alice when at the end of the day you are going to consume her? Same for anybody and everybody. It would justify syla talking about "love" to MC, and explain all the "need allies" that the low corruption scenes are tagged with. Because if MC isn't going to use his powers he is going to need allies.
Was Cole experimented on by Tanos? I thought it was implied it was the elder Xanthe who experimented on him.

And huh, Syla wanting to block the Lord of Dark from having an influence on the MC could explain a lot of those memory gaps. Hell, even if it was targeted and not a shotgun scatter of memory wiping, that could still take out wide portions of his memory if the Dark was contacting him for an extended period. Might even explain him not remembering meeting Ella in the hospital, without there needing to be tortuous medical experimentation to block out. I imagine that the dark god who likes to talk about death is really eager to share his perspective when you're ill and around ill people. Yeah, I like this idea. That's a good theory.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Was Cole experimented on by Tanos? I thought it was implied it was the elder Xanthe who experimented on him.

And huh, Syla wanting to block the Lord of Dark from having an influence on the MC could explain a lot of those memory gaps. Hell, even if it was targeted and not a shotgun scatter of memory wiping, that could still take out wide portions of his memory if the Dark was contacting him for an extended period. Might even explain him not remembering meeting Ella in the hospital, without there needing to be tortuous medical experimentation to block out. I imagine that the dark god who likes to talk about death is really eager to share his perspective when you're ill and around ill people. Yeah, I like this idea. That's a good theory.
Pretty sure it was Yung xanthe aka tanos? I think xanthe (old) mentions him but only that hero was looking at him? Cole for sure has not mentioned being kidnapped by hero which given the timeline it would have been "hero" that xanthe (old) was working for, and that seems like something to mention while on TV :KEK:

There's alot of stuff that's been pointed out by others even before the dream part that makes it "obvious" so I'm just stealing their ideas lol.

If you really want to get conspiracy about it: the fact that Ella sent out valravn and he got captured (instead of Goliath) proves that MC is connected to darkness..... if valravn was at the battle of the diamonds he would have been able to say "omg lord daddy ur back" instead of just bowing down like Goliath :BootyTime:

Apr 17, 2024
Pretty sure it was Yung xanthe aka tanos? I think xanthe (old) mentions him but only that hero was looking at him? Cole for sure has not mentioned being kidnapped by hero which given the timeline it would have been "hero" that xanthe (old) was working for, and that seems like something to mention while on TV :KEK:

There's alot of stuff that's been pointed out by others even before the dream part that makes it "obvious" so I'm just stealing their ideas lol.

If you really want to get conspiracy about it: the fact that Ella sent out valravn and he got captured (instead of Goliath) proves that MC is connected to darkness..... if valravn was at the battle of the diamonds he would have been able to say "omg lord daddy ur back" instead of just bowing down like Goliath :BootyTime:
I found the scene where Cole talks to Tanos, and he says he'd kill himself and everyone one of Tanos' subjects before he let him "or [his] monster of a father" experiment on him again. So it sounds like both got some work in on Cole. Maybe something they collaborated on before they had their falling out?

And yeah, Valravn would have some interesting things to say about the MC's interaction with his Lord. If the fact that he's talked to his Lord personally ever comes up, you just know that Valravn is going to get weird about it.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I found the scene where Cole talks to Tanos, and he says he'd kill himself and everyone one of Tanos' subjects before he let him "or [his] monster of a father" experiment on him again. So it sounds like both got some work in on Cole. Maybe something they collaborated on before they had their falling out?

And yeah, Valravn would have some interesting things to say about the MC's interaction with his Lord. If the fact that he's talked to his Lord personally ever comes up, you just know that Valravn is going to get weird about it.
MC might be able to fully remember this time as well as opposed to vague trance memories that everyone gets.
Do we know when that falling out was? Unless Cole was getting experimented on as an infant :KEK: the fallout would have had to been less than 10 or so years making Cole a child (but cognizant) during the experiments.The only way I can see both of them having done it is if Tanos was "working" at the lab and xanthe was "helping" at the lab despite having a (comparable or better) lab at hero (or maybe xanthe only got involved after MC joined but before cole)

Edit: Or tanos was working at some third as of now unknown place between the time of Ella picture and just a bit after her death when he joins SIN

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
- I find highly unlikely that Tanos did anything to MC. Xanthe and Tanos are not the only scientist factions. It's also the monsterfication researchers and the institute.
- The Lord of Dark doesn't care about MC. He goes out of his way to murder him during deadend3.
- Syla probably never intended for her son to become a pawn in the Apostle game. Her encounter with Stephen was supposedly due to luck.
- Syla was killed by Indra and MC was in close proximity. So if Indra was after MC, I don't see how anyone would stop him at this point.

So the way I see it, Syla wiping MC's memories has to do with her wanting to give him a normal life.
- Syla and her son are the last descendants of an extinct race. Surviving should be kinda.. important.
- Her conflict with the other chosen should be old and she kept herself out of it for "those she loved".
- She is afraid of her "mother" and thinks that if her son fails to be perfect, Memory will kill him.
- She thinks that MC being of low purity makes him an abomination in the eyes of some Apostles.

MC joining the supernatural is playing a losing game. There are away too many factors that work against him, at least from her point of view.

Perhaps she waited till MC was older to train him. Dropping all these on a child are hard, and Syla doesn't seem the greatest at making plans.
Explaining what she is, her heritage, MC's heritage, his place as a possible chosen, all while protecting herself and her family from Indra and the rest is hard.

I also think that she (and all the others), failed to account for the Arbiter. This will probably become more prominent down the line.

Apr 17, 2024
MC might be able to fully remember this time as well as opposed to vague trance memories that everyone gets.
Do we know when that falling out was? Unless Cole was getting experimented on as an infant :KEK: the fallout would have had to been less than 10 or so years making Cole a child (but cognizant) during the experiments.The only way I can see both of them having done it is if Tanos was "working" at the lab and xanthe was "helping" at the lab despite having a (comparable or better) lab at hero (or maybe xanthe only got involved after MC joined but before cole)

Edit: Or tanos was working at some third as of now unknown place between the time of Ella picture and just a bit after her death when he joins SIN
Could be that the "falling out" is more academic than emotional, and the two of them are still willing to collaborate if a project is interesting enough.

- I find highly unlikely that Tanos did anything to MC. Xanthe and Tanos are not the only scientist factions. It's also the monsterfication researchers and the institute.
- The Lord of Dark doesn't care about MC. He goes out of his way to murder him during deadend3.
- Syla probably never intended for her son to become a pawn in the Apostle game. Her encounter with Stephen was supposedly due to luck.
- Syla was killed by Indra and MC was in close proximity. So if Indra was after MC, I don't see how anyone would stop him at this point.

So the way I see it, Syla wiping MC's memories has to do with her wanting to give him a normal life.
- Syla and her son are the last descendants of an extinct race. Surviving should be kinda.. important.
- Her conflict with the other chosen should be old and she kept herself out of it for "those she loved".
- She is afraid of her "mother" and thinks that if her son fails to be perfect, Memory will kill him.
- She thinks that MC being of low purity makes him an abomination in the eyes of some Apostles.

MC joining the supernatural is playing a losing game. There are away too many factors that work against him, at least from her point of view.

Perhaps she waited till MC was older to train him. Dropping all these on a child are hard, and Syla doesn't seem the greatest at making plans.
Explaining what she is, her heritage, MC's heritage, his place as a possible chosen, all while protecting herself and her family from Indra and the rest is hard.

I also think that she (and all the others), failed to account for the Arbiter. This will probably become more prominent down the line.
Well, the theory is that the monsterfication researchers might have employed Tanos. Which has spurious support, I admit, it's basically just "Ella was at a hospital with Tanos, Ella probably met the MC at the hospital, maybe Tanos worked at the hospital the MC was at". It's supposition, but the MC having encountered Tanos as a child would explain why Ella thinks the MC is the only other survivor of some group.

I'm not sure the Lord of Dark actually kills the MC in Dead End #3, or if it was just a really dumb accident. It restrains him so that he won't run away, but it doesn't make any moves to harm him like it did the 4th's avatar. Instead, it just shows him its weird magic orb, and then the MC trying to grab the orb somehow results in his death. I don't know what's going on in that scene, if it wanted him dead or was trying to do something else and things got out of hand.

And I do agree, Syla definitely wanted to keep the MC from having to get involved with supernatural stuff when he was young. I think that's the most plausible explanation for at least a majority of his blocked memories. Something happened to repeatedly expose him to monsters or superhumans or even the Apostles themselves. The real question is what supernatural thing was it. Her institute, or Valravn, or Aos, or the Lord of Dark, or the 4th Apostle, or...there are a lot of possibilities.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Why does he pull MC back into the dream then/why does he speak to MC in clear English instead of monsterspeak? The other Apostles he's connected to don't do anything similar even if one of them is also your biological grandma. None of the other Apostles either "know MC was there" or don't react to him at all (when we the reader see their pictures)

IMO it doesn't make sense for lord of Dark to kill MC (at 7 power) but then ineract with him but do absolutely 0 damage way later especially when training is 100% required the dead end obviously isn't.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Agree on the reasonings/explanations for syla stuff though.

Guide says dead end 3 needs: power above 6 and [train] !=0

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024
Also doesn't that dead in particular require some "steps" to get to? Like you need to have not trained but taken every power you can get? (Guide mentions something about !training = 0).

If that's the case then imo the lord of Dark didn't want to kill you he wanted to give you power and MC couldn't handle it at that point (similar to the eye in more recent dead end).

The last two paragraphs are dependent on me reading the walkthrough right but the first two still stand either way. Agree on the reasonings/explanations for syla stuff though.

Guide says dead end 3 needs: power above 6 and [train] !=0

Not sure what !=0 translates too though
That means "not equals zero". It means you have trained, not that you haven't. The reason that specific power level gets you Dead End #3 is because it lets you fight Ella and have a good enough showing against her that she realizes you have potential, so she calls the 4th Apostle to manifest its avatar to do something to you. But the Lord of Dark also manifests his avatar, to kill the 4th's and then, presumably, Ella. You run, but it then hunts you down and does...I don't know. I'm really not sure what happens in that ending to kill you, and I suspect I won't have the context to understand it until much later in the game. It binds your legs so you can't run away, then shows you a weird glowing orb that it has concealed inside it. You reach out to it, and then game over. No explanation given. There's a graphic that kind of looks like an explosion of energy. Did you destabilize the orb by touching it and that killed you? Was that intentional on its part? I have no idea.

4.80 star(s) 324 Votes