Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
By the way, where are y'all getting this info, like WW's writing style, from? The Patreon?
Writing style specifically? That's just from how he writes updates you know like "fight-> choice menu -> sleep menu etc".

His level of effort? That's mostly extrapolated from various info from his various weekly streams. Specifically the one last Saturday was about his "update schedule" and gave us a geneal peak on what his hours/work look like between an update. Combine that with the lack of "variable based choices that persist throughout the game" and it would have to be a shift from how he has written previous updates to write one that would play such a variable heavy role. WW has said his game doesn't have "real romance routes" or "non harem" stuff because he "can't be assed to write that".

How many variables has WW had that presisted across updates? (Like the ella/cole ones would need too) I can only think of stuff like "naming your special attack the ultra mega whatever of doom" and that could be from within the same update idk

Another thing that lessens the chance of a doll variable is that basically every relationship in hero (that you can get points with) is only viewable using mods despite having a relationships tab in the menu. WW is a muuuch better writer/artist than a Dev imo :BootyTime:

Reactions: Mazik0

Mazik0

Feb 17, 2019
Writing style specifically? That's just from how he writes updates you know like "fight-> choice menu -> sleep menu etc".

His level of effort? That's mostly extrapolated from various info from his various weekly streams. Specifically the one last Saturday was about his "update schedule" and gave us a geneal peak on what his hours/work look like between an update. Combine that with the lack of "variable based choices that persist throughout the game" and it would have to be a shift from how he has written previous updates to write one that would play such a variable heavy role. WW has said his game doesn't have "real romance routes" or "non harem" stuff because he "can't be assed to write that".

How many variables has WW had that presisted across updates? (Like the ella/cole ones would need too) I can only think of stuff like "naming your special attack the ultra mega whatever of doom" and that could be from within the same update idk
It's where you were communicating with him that I was asking for. Found his twitch, thanks anyway.

FrapFappers

Nov 6, 2020
Totally improbable in the sense that it won't have the time or mean to spread. Excluding the intervent of various superhumans, we have to consider that HERO has made that whole eugenetics project, so maybe they made humans less susceptible to viruses and the like. The existence of some monster or superhuman with those kind of powers is obviosuly not confirmed but considering the kind of powers we have seen it can easily exist, just that it won't be as powerful as someone might think initially
Don't Superhuman powers revolve around getting infected by a virus? At least infect in the right mix, too much resistance means no powers, too little means turning full monster.

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
But we can't rule out the possibility of something unexpected happening in the fight that might give him an edge or chance to escape since with WW style of fights there's always something or someone that makes the situation more annoying to for MC like almost all our fights take Clause he was losing then took some drugs and had a power boost then Jakes we had then Deryl should up pulled a I'm evil now moment then I'm not counting the one with the crow guy since that's just him holding back

Look bottom line of drying to make is that with every major fight the enemy we are fighting will not go all out right away on us like an idiot when we clearly are a threat and should be treated as dangerous but no they want save their energy in this life or death match with a man who can turn into anything and has been shown to fight above his power level at the time

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
But we can't rule out the possibility of something unexpected happening in the fight that might give him an edge or chance to escape since with WW style of fights

Look bottom line of drying to make is that with every major fight the enemy we are fighting will not go all out right away on us like an idiot when we clearly are a threat and should be treated as dangerous but no they want save their energy in this life or death match with a man who can turn into anything and has been shown to fight above his power level at the time
This is true, however it will not come from solely (if at all) doll ella which is what my post was at least about. I still think (and want) cole to live but there are a few things about the "setup" of this Fight that set it apart at least a bit. The main bit is it being at the front of the update, this means that if WW does a huge bummer ending (cole bodies MC, liz amber perma dead, syla says she loves cole more) then that will persist throughout the update and WW is smart enough to know this. That doesn't mean that MC is going to beat cole in a single punch but it means that the ending sets the tone for the rest of the update instead of just a few scenes before the Cliffhanger.

WW could have let Elijah and Kira get bodied/kidnapped/killed in their fight (at the front of an update) but he didn't.....and they aren't even the literal main character :KEK:

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
The MC won't be at his best mentally speaking. He will most likely be blinded by rage and fight purely on instinct at the start of the fight. There's also the fact that the dreams are still fucking with his head (and WW comfirmed on stream that the reverbs are not done yet) so he will also be disoriented at some points during the fight. Taking that into account, Cole could land some good hits on him early on and thus making the fight more difficult throughout. That obviously won't be enough to beat someone who constantly regenerates, so he will also need to show some abilities that could deal with that.

My point is: what will make this fight more balanced for Cole (since the MC SHOULD have a natural advantage over him due to his powers) will be the mental state the MC is in throughout the fight. The moment the MC gets his shit together and starts thinking rationally again, he should be able to outmatch the prick with relative ease. If the dreams take longer than that to subside though, then I think the fight will be even until the end.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
The MC won't be at his best mentally speaking. He will most likely be blinded by rage and fight purely on instinct at the start of the fight. There's also the fact that the dreams are still fucking with his head (and WW comfirmed on stream that the reverbs are not done yet) so he will also be disoriented at some points during the fight. Taking that into account, Cole could land some good hits on him early on and thus making the fight more difficult throughout. That obviously won't be enough to beat someone who constantly regenerates, so he will also need to show some abilities that could deal with that.

My point is: what will make this fight more balanced for Cole (since the MC SHOULD have a natural advantage over him due to his powers) will be the mental state the MC is in throughout the fight. The moment the MC gets his shit together and starts thinking rationally again, he should be able to outmatch the prick with relative ease. If the dreams take longer than that to subside though, then I think the fight will be even until the end.
The thing is that against an enraged enemy you need to keep your distance, avoid attacks, have a good defense etc, Monster Deryl vs Mc is a good example, Deryl fights in a way that uses lot of strategy and a sound mind, when he lost his cool Mc had the advantage, plus Mc turned to his speed form to dodge better and also had regeneration.

Cole is not specially good at avoiding hits or has a good defense, when fighting a distracted Nico he had to ask Briar for cover so he could get close since Briar can heal, he is also a hothead violent bastard, meaning that he is not the kind to take advantage of careful planning, also Mc can be an absolute monster fighting on instinct, most of his abilities work like that, i think only his memory powers demand more planning and he is still too green on that to try to use against a lvl 3 in a fight.

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
The thing is that against an enraged enemy you need to keep your distance, avoid attacks, have a good defense etc, Monster Deryl vs Mc is a good example, Deryl fights in a way that uses lot of strategy and a sound mind, when he lost his cool Mc had the advantage, plus Mc turned to his speed form to dodge better and also had regeneration.

Cole is not specially good at avoiding hits or has a good defense, when fighting a distracted Nico he had to ask Briar for cover so he could get close since Briar can heal, he is also a hothead violent bastard, meaning that he is not the kind to take advantage of careful planning, also Mc can be an absolute monster fighting on instinct, most of his abilities work like that, i think only his memory powers demand more planning and he is still too green on that to try to use against a lvl 3 in a fight.
I agree that Cole is hotheaded and impulsive, but I don't think that he is incapable of planning. The fact that he asked Briar for backup shows that, while he is a cocky son of a bitch, he is not stupid. He knows that facing a Lvl 5 on his own is suicide. And yes, he has absolutely no respect for the MC whatsoever, so he's not going to be nearly as careful with him at the start. The moment the MC gets him with a good enough hit however, I can see him changing his approach. He won't make a super elaborate plan to deal with MC, but he should be smart enough to capitalize on the MC's altered state, maybe taunting him so he could make even more mistakes or something like that. And he should be able to avoid MC's attacks, especially since they are in a closed space and MC can't use his wings for extra speed.

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate

JerryBanana

Dec 30, 2019
shoutout to the guy that theorized that Ella doesn't kill the mc on the dead end when you reveal the extent of your powers, on the latest stream when some people on the chat where talking about Ella and the dead weird said that just because the screen turns black it doesn't necessarily mean that the mc is dead.

Eidenbe

Apr 5, 2021
shoutout to the guy that theorized that Ella doesn't kill the mc on the dead end when you reveal the extent of your powers, on the latest stream when some people on the chat where talking about Ella and the dead weird said that just because the screen turns black it doesn't necessarily mean that the mc is dead.
I've never exactly understood why would she kill you anyway. I mean, she said something like "you are the one" so why would she kill us ? It made actually no sense to me when I saw this scene.

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
Ok new theory of mine I'm feeling we might see Nano machines later down the line. Since that troupe in sci-fi is always the time tear thing to have in terms of technology that the universe it's based being in. The only people we see far are Deryl with his creations powers at maybe his finale Evolutions' doing that or the father and son Xanthe's most likely the father in that regard that will be a huge pain for us to fight like Armstrong vs. Raiden And we won't benefit from them since we already like them in a sense with our powers

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I've never exactly understood why would she kill you anyway. I mean, she said something like "you are the one" so why would she kill us ? It made actually no sense to me when I saw this scene.
Probably because the dead end where mc gets "too strong too soon" it looked like Ella took the mc to the 4th and pretty much threw him to her and to me it looked like MC's ass was getting sacrificed lol obviously could be something else.So I guess people would have thought mc will be getting sacrificed anyways and Ella maybe just went ahead and already killed him.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Probably because the dead end where mc gets "too strong too soon" it looked like Ella took the mc to the 4th and pretty much threw him to her and to me it looked like MC's ass was getting sacrificed lol obviously could be something else.So I guess people would have thought mc will be getting sacrificed anyways and Ella maybe just went ahead and already killed him.
My impression was that she was taking him to do something, but instead got caught by the 4th. she clearly did not intend or expect the 4th to personally show up.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
My impression was that she was taking him to do something, but instead got caught by the 4th. she clearly did not intend or expect the 4th to personally show up.
Na she pretty much threw the mc to the 4th's feet and it looked that was her plan anyways.Atleast that is what it looked liked to me.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul
4.80 star(s) 329 Votes