Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Maaaan, why y'all have to do me like that lol. I rly don't have the energy nor the knowledge or capacity to try and argument what you said, you seem to rly know your sh1t (no jk intended if you maybe thought so...). So I'll try to keep it simple (/EDIT/ Ok I think I may not have tried enough lol).

No pb mate, it's a forum, anyone can participate. I mean if I rly wanted to keep it between us 2 I'd have prbbly sent a private message or smt....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an overall fina note, I'd like to say that I just gave my personal opinion on that com :

I genuinely like shonen, and this AVN is prbbly the only one I played which have all the features I described in there, the feeling that you have a choice, the plethora of sex scenes (cherry on top)... There are tons of good AVN with great plots, good pacing and mysteries to uncover (ok maybe not that many but still more than what I'm looking for; there are maybe 3, 4 or 5 that I know of and that's a stretch).

I just explained my stance a bit like you did. I litteraly said :

Maybe it's just me, but that guy came at me with quite the antagonizing tone when he could've just come with an informative one or an argumentative one. Alas thx to you, I think I understood why he did. He prbbly thought like you, that I was mocking you guys....

Wow, that's quite the big chunk lol. Anyway, I understand and accept your stance. In the end, we all like what we like and how we like it. I'm the same, I'm no exception lol.

THX
[EDITED]
Sorry if I was overzealous, seems I misundestood the comment about the theoryloop.

I think the recent tendency to chop up the game was the result of his patreons in a like a poll or something. When choosing between 2 large updates every 6 months or 3 or 4 smaller updates spaced throughout the year, the choice was the latter
Not exactly. The game used to be on a 2 month release loop and only lately, past 0.95, the updates started taking more (they are bigger too). WW asked if the community wanted bigger updates or keeping the same pace, but I think despite any polls, the general sentiment is that whatever he feels is the "logical" cutoff will work best.

After all WW hasn't exactly kept up a steady pace. 0.95 was 3 months, 0.96 was 2, 0.97 was 3, and the memory training updates were split in half.

I mentioned it during a stream and it seems that WW himself isn't very excited about cliffhangers and he pretty much thinks that they are a necessary evil. I wish however he stopped doing them the way he did in the last 3 updates. The old style was better and way more consistent.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Honestly, this image is a perfect example of this game’s image problem: you need to be a werewolf to see half of it
I mean, not if you use your brain for a bit. This game is dark, both in concept and in visuals and it must be and whenever you only see pitch-black it's 'cause there's nothing to see apart from blackness, also it's looks cool as fuck.

Btw if you actually can't see just turn up the contrast or something

Reactions: Dikaebi

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Sorry if I was overzealous, seems I misundestood the comment about the theoryloop.

Not exactly. The game used to be on a 2 month release loop and only lately, past 0.95, the updates started taking more (they are bigger too). WW asked if the community wanted bigger updates or keeping the same pace, but I think despite any polls, the general sentiment is that whatever he feels is the "logical" cutoff will work best.

After all WW hasn't exactly kept up a steady pace. 0.95 was 3 months, 0.96 was 2, 0.97 was 3, and the memory training updates were split in half.

I mentioned it during a stream and it seems that WW himself isn't very excited about cliffhangers and he pretty much thinks that they are a necessary evil. I wish however he stopped doing them the way he did in the last 3 updates. The old style was better and way more consistent.
It's ok mate, I don't mind, everyone make mistakes. We are here to enjoy an share that enjoyment I won't keep being upset over smt like this lol.
Anyway, thx for recognizing it.

THX

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
To be fair, it would probably be clearer if the number version was 0.98.2
Would still be off in the same way.
Just as much as saying 0.9.8.2 or 0.9.82.
The base issue is that the dev misjudged how to do version numbers.

At least if my memory works. Otherwise I'm just spouting total nonsense.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
So I've been thinking, how exactly do the apostles' and the arbiters' powers work?

Aglaecwif mentioned that Jake was a potential inheritor of order but ended up being a failure. Does that mean that despite only being the spawn of authority he could have somehow got power's trait as well but failed to fulfill the conditions and is now blocked off from that, or that when being infected he could have somehow become a spawn of both but didn't?

And why has the MC, who possesses both the body and memory trait, yet to display any of evolution's powers, even in his arbiter form in the one bad end (36 or 37 I think)? Is it because his memory trait isn't completely pure? or has he shown evolution's powers but we just haven't noticed since we don't know what they are? On that note, does anyone have any thoughts on what the arbiters' powers are/can do?

Or if that's not it, maybe, as Aglaecwif was talking about "completely inheriting both traits of the 1st and the 2nd", maybe, paradoxically, both traits need to be at 100%?

Last thing, do we have any proof that MC's memory trait isn't at 50%? The wiki says there's 1% of unknown, but I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed besides Syla saying she took in some bad stuff, which might not even affect MC as far as we know, since most bodily changes aren't genetic and/or won't affect offspring. So I was wondering if WeirdWorld confirmed it in one of his streams or something, since you'd think MC would have displayed something that would prove his memory trait inferior (though if he did, we would probably all miss it. Like it could be so minuscule considering the wiki says 1%, something like the color of his abilities mostly being purplish black relating him to darkness).

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Last thing, do we have any proof that MC's memory trait isn't at 50%? The wiki says there's 1% of unknown, but I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed besides Syla saying she took in some bad stuff, which might not even affect MC as far as we know, since most bodily changes aren't genetic and/or won't affect offspring. So I was wondering if WeirdWorld confirmed it in one of his streams or something, since you'd think MC would have displayed something that would prove his memory trait inferior (though if he did, we would probably all miss it. Like it could be so minuscule considering the wiki says 1%, something like the color of his abilities mostly being purplish black relating him to darkness).
Syla is either a really really bad liar (likely) or is playing 5D chess against MC (and the player) if she's really lying about MC not being a 50/50 spilt. There is nothing the MC can do about it whether so true or false so there would be no reason to tell him other than to make him worry? Which is counterproductive to her wanting to train MC as fast as possible during the dream training?

There is no "evidence" like a genetic test but 11/12 Apostles do absolutely nothing during the dream arc while one of them reaches out pulls you back into the dream and speaks to you in 100% plain English, and it just so happens to be the same one that is one of the few featured in previous dead ends (darkness) so for some reason the 7th apostle is more "interested" in MC than the 3rd or 4th.

I would assume that apostle realted changes overwrite any sort of "logical genetic trait passing". We haven't seen anybody with a preference for memory that was directly infected by the Apostles like MC was the only one close is ella but she is confirmed to be infected by body, so for all we know he is 1% inferior but currently above "regular" level 3 memory superhuman because sylas training method is basically a cheat at that level.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
So I've been thinking, how exactly do the apostles' and the arbiters' powers work?

Aglaecwif mentioned that Jake was a potential inheritor of order but ended up being a failure. Does that mean that despite only being the spawn of authority he could have somehow got power's trait as well but failed to fulfill the conditions and is now blocked off from that, or that when being infected he could have somehow become a spawn of both but didn't?

And why has the MC, who possesses both the body and memory trait, yet to display any of evolution's powers, even in his arbiter form in the one bad end (36 or 37 I think)? Is it because his memory trait isn't completely pure? or has he shown evolution's powers but we just haven't noticed since we don't know what they are? On that note, does anyone have any thoughts on what the arbiters' powers are/can do?

Or if that's not it, maybe, as Aglaecwif was talking about "completely inheriting both traits of the 1st and the 2nd", maybe, paradoxically, both traits need to be at 100%?

There's a lot to tackle here so I'll just give the thinking behind it. To start off, WW confirmed that MC's split is 50/49/1. We know his dad isn't the problem with his mixture so that's 50% of the 3rd/Body. 49% would thus be of Memory since Syla is the previous 4th Spawn. Whatever tainted her equals 1% for MC. In WW words, that 1% "is a lot of shit", so feel free to speculate on what that could mean.

To get to Jake. He ruined his Authority trait because of his mindset. If he already starts off ruined, then there's no way to get Power trait or eventually Order. Powers are determined by genetics but your mindset also plays a part in this. Which is why Aglaecwif said that a weak mind can ruin potential. So, if we're to believe Ella, Jake had the potential to either unlock Power trait on evolution along the way or outright unlock Order itself. But, because he was too weak, mentally, it all crumbled. We don't know enough about the circumstances to say anything further.

As for MC and the Origin. The reason is pretty much explained in game by Syla and the Eye. MC didn't properly use his Memory trait and it wasn't developed enough. If he kept going the way he was going, he would've ended up like Jake with his Memory trait. Something Syla alludes to because he was leaning too much into the Body trait. Eventually his Memory trait was going to be flawed or lost altogether. So when Level 2 MC got shot straight to beyond Level 5 without advancing his Memory trait, it created flaws.

That's why you'll notice the Origin MC still used his tentacles for memories. While it did boost MC to beyond Level 5, it was essentially just Level 2 MC with no cap on power. It did have the ability to sync itself to the higher plane, but most of its abilities were the same as Level 2 MC. Even Level 3 MC memory usage was more advanced than what it showed. Which is why we never get to see the Evolution trait being put to full use. It was missing pieces, according to itself, and the Memory trait wasn't advanced enough to use the original trait of Evolution.

That's the general sentiment around this currently, at least from my own perspective. You'll have to ask other people for their views on it, if you want a different answer.

TLDR:

Jake ruined his Authority trait so he naturally wouldn't be able to use it together with Power Trait for Order. Regardless of the method he would use to unlock those two abilities.

MC was too weak at Level 2 with his memory trait for the Origin to properly unlock all of its power. Same with Jake, without the Memory trait being developed enough, Evolution can't be used properly. Among the other things it was missing.

MC's 1% is unknown and is a bunch of stuff, according to WW. However, he got lucky that it didn't affect him more, according to Syla and the Truth Monster in the 9th's dream. Whatever it is, it's probably not too important or won't play a big role. It's 1% against 50% of Body and 49% of Memory after all.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Syla is either a really really bad liar (likely) or is playing 5D chess against MC (and the player) if she's really lying about MC not being a 50/50 spilt. There is nothing the MC can do about it whether so true or false so there would be no reason to tell him other than to make him worry? Which is counterproductive to her wanting to train MC as fast as possible during the dream training?

There is no "evidence" like a genetic test but 11/12 Apostles do absolutely nothing during the dream arc while one of them reaches out pulls you back into the dream and speaks to you in 100% plain English, and it just so happens to be the same one that is one of the few featured in previous dead ends (darkness) so for some reason the 7th apostle is more "interested" in MC than the 3rd or 4th.

I would assume that apostle realted changes overwrite any sort of "logical genetic trait passing". We haven't seen anybody with a preference for memory that was directly infected by the Apostles like MC was the only one close is ella but she is confirmed to be infected by body, so for all we know he is 1% inferior but currently above "regular" level 3 memory superhuman because sylas training method is basically a cheat at that level.
Im not saying you're wrong, but Syla is kinda stupid. She might not know how genetics and stuff work, or might not understand what happened well or any other explanation, and IIRC she didn't outright say MC isn't a 50/50 split, but just said she wasn't because of what happened, and since there's a possibility he isn't because of her, telling MC is probably smart. Though, I get that her telling the MC that is probably just exposition and I shouldn't think about it too hard, but I just wondered if it was confirmed in any official capacity.

The 7th does indeed seem to be related to MC in some way, or at least interested in him, though if that says anything about MC possessing some of his traits, it remains to be seen. Though, that is probably not the reason Darkness was interested in him, since even if he DOES possess his trait, it would be extremely minuscule, since apparently the 4th hadn't noticed yet (though the 7th seems to be portrayed as more powerful than at least the 4th seeing as he killed her avatar in that one bad end, so it's possible he can see what she can't, though I doubt this as memory is about knowing things) and MC has shown no darkness power as of now (that we know of), not to mention I don't see why the 7th would give a shit specifically about a percent or two of his lineage MC may possess, so that makes me think something else is happening here.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Im not saying you're wrong, but Syla is kinda stupid. She might not know how genetics and stuff work, or might not understand what happened well or any other explanation, and IIRC she didn't outright say MC isn't a 50/50 split, but just said she wasn't because of what happened, and since there's a possibility he isn't because of her, telling MC is probably smart. Though, I get that her telling the MC that is probably just exposition and I shouldn't think about it too hard, but I just wondered if it was confirmed in any official capacity.

The 7th does indeed seem to be related to MC in some way, or at least interested in him, though if that says anything about MC possessing some of his traits, it remains to be seen. Though, that is probably not the reason Darkness was interested in him, since even if he DOES possess his trait, it would be extremely minuscule, since apparently the 4th hadn't noticed yet (though the 7th seems to be portrayed as more powerful than at least the 4th seeing as he killed her avatar in that one bad end, so it's possible he can see what she can't, though I doubt this as memory is about knowing things) and MC has shown no darkness power as of now (that we know of), not to mention I don't see why the 7th would give a shit specifically about a percent or two of his lineage MC may possess, so that makes me think something else is happening here.
I mean we aren't talking about alleles and recessive traits and stuff we are talking about monster genes that change a person on a cellular level upon infection, which at a point (level 4) allows them to "ignore the laws of physics", we also don't know how extensive the "taking in" of bad stuff was for syla perhaps it's just as more deep rooted than a regular monster infection.

Telling the MC is a dumb move overall and even stupider considering the only goals that have been hinted at for syla are MC finish training because she has "a bad feeling" about the waking world, and that at some point in the future MC MIGHT be able to bring her (and bailey/oscar/etc) back from the immaterial.....neither of which is helped by her saying "by the way a creature that Ella described as invincible is going to hate you because you were born wrong but ONLY FOCUS ON TRAINING NOT THAT" :KEK:

Why does MC showing darkness powers matter at all? It does not matter if he can turn into a miasma like valravn all that matters is that whatever "connection" is there. I would argue that he is way more than "interested" and gives waaaay more than a single shit. Until someone can give another reason why they did something no other apostle (even MCs own grandma who should be mad at him) did, and then spoke for the first time in plain ass English (from an apostle/non English speaking monster). The idea that he doesn't care about the MC seems illogical?

Edit: on top of that darkness speaking in English is unrelated to corruption which is what has been making the monster symbol language more readable for MC

Last edited:

JerryBanana

Dec 30, 2019

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
There's a lot to tackle here so I'll just give the thinking behind it. To start off, WW confirmed that MC's split is 50/49/1. We know his dad isn't the problem with his mixture so that's 50% of the 3rd/Body. 49% would thus be of Memory since Syla is the previous 4th Spawn. Whatever tainted her equals 1% for MC. In WW words, that 1% "is a lot of shit", so feel free to speculate on what that could mean.

To get to Jake. He ruined his Authority trait because of his mindset. If he already starts off ruined, then there's no way to get Power trait or eventually Order. Powers are determined by genetics but your mindset also plays a part in this. Which is why Aglaecwif said that a weak mind can ruin potential. So, if we're to believe Ella, Jake had the potential to either unlock Power trait on evolution along the way or outright unlock Order itself. But, because he was too weak, mentally, it all crumbled. We don't know enough about the circumstances to say anything further.

As for MC and the Origin. The reason is pretty much explained in game by Syla and the Eye. MC didn't properly use his Memory trait and it wasn't developed enough. If he kept going the way he was going, he would've ended up like Jake with his Memory trait. Something Syla alludes to because he was leaning too much into the Body trait. Eventually his Memory trait was going to be flawed or lost altogether. So when Level 2 MC got shot straight to beyond Level 5 without advancing his Memory trait, it created flaws.

That's why you'll notice the Origin MC still used his tentacles for memories. While it did boost MC to beyond Level 5, it was essentially just Level 2 MC with no cap on power. It did have the ability to sync itself to the higher plane, but most of its abilities were the same as Level 2 MC. Even Level 3 MC memory usage was more advanced than what it showed. Which is why we never get to see the Evolution trait being put to full use. It was missing pieces, according to itself, and the Memory trait wasn't advanced enough to use the original trait of Evolution.

That's the general sentiment around this currently, at least from my own perspective. You'll have to ask other people for their views on it, if you want a different answer.

TLDR:

Jake ruined his Authority trait so he naturally wouldn't be able to use it together with Power Trait for Order. Regardless of the method he would use to unlock those two abilities.

MC was too weak at Level 2 with his memory trait for the Origin to properly unlock all of its power. Same with Jake, without the Memory trait being developed enough, Evolution can't be used properly. Among the other things it was missing.

MC's 1% is unknown and is a bunch of stuff, according to WW. However, he got lucky that it didn't affect him more, according to Syla and the Truth Monster in the 9th's dream. Whatever it is, it's probably not too important or won't play a big role. It's 1% against 50% of Body and 49% of Memory after all.
So WeirdWorld did confirm MC not being a 50/50. Maybe it's like I said then, that only perfect splits can use the "higher" traits, which might be supported by the 3rd and 4th actively trying to make a hybrid, which could be to make someone capable of using evolution.

Well, if the 1% is "A lot of shit", maybe we can one day flush the toilet if ya know what I'm saying.

As for Jake, that I knew. I just wondered how in the hell he would be a potential inheritor for order without having power, but I guess that's not something we can currently answer.

You may very well be right about MC not training memory being why he can't use evolution, since he pretty much did just abandon it for two evos, but I guess that'll probably fix itself with this training he just did.

However, I doubt the 1% won't affect much. In fact, its probably going to be something of a major plot point/device, especially if he can't use evo because of it. It might not affect his memory usage much, though.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
I mean we aren't talking about alleles and recessive traits and stuff we are talking about monster genes that change a person on a cellular level upon infection, which at a point (level 4) allows them to "ignore the laws of physics", we also don't know how extensive the "taking in" of bad stuff was for syla perhaps it's just as more deep rooted than a regular monster infection.

Telling the MC is a dumb move overall and even stupider considering the only goals that have been hinted at for syla are MC finish training because she has "a bad feeling" about the waking world, and that at some point in the future MC MIGHT be able to bring her (and bailey/oscar/etc) back from the immaterial.....neither of which is helped by her saying "by the way a creature that Ella described as invincible is going to hate you because you were born wrong but ONLY FOCUS ON TRAINING NOT THAT" :KEK:

Why does MC showing darkness powers matter at all? It does not matter if he can turn into a miasma like valravn all that matters is that whatever "connection" is there. I would argue that he is way more than "interested" and gives waaaay more than a single shit. Until someone can give another reason why they did something no other apostle (even MCs own grandma who should be mad at him) did, and then spoke for the first time in plain ass English (from an apostle/non English speaking monster). The idea that he doesn't care about the MC seems illogical?

Edit: on top of that darkness speaking in English is unrelated to corruption which is what has been making the monster symbol language more readable for MC
What I'm saying is that the 7th would probably not care if someone had 1% of his trait, not that he doesn't care about MC. In fact, he clearly does care about MC, though the 3rd and 4th already know about him so they might just not have a reason to directly interact with him, since they, you know, made him. Also, memory doesn't seem to know yet that MC isn't a 50/50 split, so there's that.

My point is, why would the 7th care about a single-digit percent of his trait? We know its low, since he hasn't displayed any powers, and even in 50% in the case of the 3rd he doesn't seem to react like that. So, unless there are not supposed to be any beings with ANY darkness trait I don't see why he'd react like that because of it. In fact, as he is described as an apostle killer, he might just be sensing that MC is a body-memory mix, and wants to kill him.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
However, I doubt the 1% won't affect much. In fact, its probably going to be something of a major plot point/device, especially if he can't use evo because of it. It might not affect his memory usage much, though.
Well, the reasoning behind me not thinking the 1% is going to play a part is WW himself. He was pretty open about telling MC's split compared to Ella's. The fact that it's just 1% also leads me to believe that it would have an extremely, extremely low chance of granting MC something. Especially if it's a mixture of multiple things and not a singular thing.

The reason MC can't use the Evolution trait doesn't really have anything to do with the 1%. It's the fact that MC wasn't really training his Memory trait properly until now. However, we should start seeing a glimpse of what Evolution might grant since he's now progressing memory a lot.

Reactions: Kaeliño

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
to clarify my previous message: darkness is important in it will be a plot point (ie will be able to side with darkness at the end because of that 1%) not MC is going to start start using shadow tentacles.

I feel like the eye is reaaaaaaaalllllllly overselling themselves if they have been talking all this shit with MC (kill everyone/we won't be topped) but they don't know MC cant use their powers at all? WW has said he doesn't like "voice of gods" in his story so it makes sense the eye doesn't know everything but the idea that he doesn't know MC cant use his powers? The eye mentions that MC is one of his best chances to "be born" which only furthers the idea that MC is able to use Evolution (but couldn't in dead end because he was a himbo)

What I'm saying is that the 7th would probably not care if someone had 1% of his trait, not that he doesn't care about MC. In fact, he clearly does care about MC, though the 3rd and 4th already know about him so they might just not have a reason to directly interact with him, since they, you know, made him. Also, memory doesn't seem to know yet that MC isn't a 50/50 split, so there's that.

My point is, why would the 7th care about a single-digit percent of his trait? We know its low, since he hasn't displayed any powers, and even in 50% in the case of the 3rd he doesn't seem to react like that. So, unless there are not supposed to be any beings with ANY darkness trait I don't see why he'd react like that because of it. In fact, as he is described as an apostle killer, he might just be sensing that MC is a body-memory mix, and wants to kill him.
iirc the monster profiles WW has posted haven shown at least 1 monster having some darkness trait (Claire) and Valravn being part of the "syla group" (Indra, aos, valravn, syla etc) shows that it's unlikely that darkness means instakilled.

So he wants to kill MC and manages to pull his immaterial form (which MC is very inexperienced with) back into the "darkness" part of the dream then speaks to MC about his own (7ths) death...... and let's him go? Despite holding him....and wanting to kill him? :HideThePain:

What if maybe:

Having that 1% allows MC to "side with darkness" at the end? Who we know wants some very "hardcore" stuff since valravn is always talking about how others "aren't willing to make sacrifices"

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Well, the reasoning behind me not thinking the 1% is going to play a part is WW himself. He was pretty open about telling MC's split compared to Ella's. The fact that it's just 1% also leads me to believe that it would have an extremely, extremely low chance of granting MC something. Especially if it's a mixture of multiple things and not a singular thing.

The reason MC can't use the Evolution trait doesn't really have anything to do with the 1%. It's the fact that MC wasn't really training his Memory trait properly until now. However, we should start seeing a glimpse of what Evolution might grant since he's now progressing memory a lot.
I hope you're right, but I can't help thinking it's not that simple. Obviously, 1% probably won't grant him anything, at least not close to the level of what he can do with body or memory, but how do you know it doesn't take away the opportunity for him to use evo? The game itself has never said anything about evo, or all other supposed "higher traits" even being a power; that's all conjecture using order as a base and taking repeating words from the scenes of the apostles in the dream training. There's nothing suggesting that if he trains memory he will suddenly start *insert doing something evo would probably do*. It might just be why the 4th wanted a spawn who is a 50/50 split, and would apparently hate MC since he isn't one.

4.80 star(s) 329 Votes