OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
to clarify my previous message: darkness is important in it will be a plot point (ie will be able to side with darkness at the end because of that 1%) not MC is going to start start using shadow tentacles.

I feel like the eye is reaaaaaaaalllllllly overselling themselves if they have been talking all this shit with MC (kill everyone/we won't be topped) but they don't know MC cant use their powers at all? WW has said he doesn't like "voice of gods" in his story so it makes sense the eye doesn't know everything but the idea that he doesn't know MC cant use his powers? The eye mentions that MC is one of his best chances to "be born" which only furthers the idea that MC is able to use Evolution (but couldn't in dead end because he was a himbo)

iirc the monster profiles WW has posted haven shown at least 1 monster having some darkness trait (Claire) and Valravn being part of the "syla group" (Indra, aos, valravn, syla etc) shows that it's unlikely that darkness means instakilled.

So he wants to kill MC and manages to pull his immaterial form (which MC is very inexperienced with) back into the "darkness" part of the dream then speaks to MC about his own (7ths) death...... and let's him go? Despite holding him....and wanting to kill him? :HideThePain:

What if maybe:

Having that 1% allows MC to "side with darkness" at the end? Who we know wants some very "hardcore" stuff since valravn is always talking about how others "aren't willing to make sacrifices"
I just rechecked the game, during the scene where he grabs you, he says "my death", "kill", and "Free. We will be free." and then lets mc go. From that it seems he wants MC to kill him and maybe the rest of the apostles, rather than to kill MC.

Minyak has 10% darkness as well.

In any case, my point is there is no reason for him to specifically care for the MC who MIGHT have 1% of darkness when there are monsters and probably people with more darkness, and when body, whom MC possesses 50% of his trait, does not react nearly as strongly, which suggests that the percentage is not why he reacts that way, not to mention someone said WW said the percent is a mix of stuff.

In my opinion, the 7th, like the eye, sees that MC may be the best chance for something to be "born again", be it an apostle or whatever else, and this something may possess the unique capability to truly kill apostles.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I think Syla telling Mc about him not being a 50/50 is actually a good move considering her intentions, she wants Mc to develop more on Memory because that is his only shot since he will never be a pure single trait, the other possibilities were:

1. Not telling him anything: Mc already focused too much on Body, if he kept like that gaining more experience on Memory wouldn't be enough to balance things out.
2. Telling him he is a 50/50: This would make him believe he has all the means to achieve his potential on Body and Memory equally and the only difference was training, but that is not the case, he needs to overcompensate on Memory because he is less compatible with that then Body.

If that is the case he needs to know all those things to enter into the correct state of mind, he focused too much on Body and needs to catch up on memory, he is not as compatible with memory and needs to overcompensate for that, having both traits balanced is his only chance since Body and Memory want either a pure trait or a 50/50.

Last edited:

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
I think Syla telling Mc about him not being a 50/50 is actually a good move considering her intentions, she wants Mc to develop more on Memory because that is his only shot since he will never be a pure single trait, the other possibilities were:

1. Not telling him anything: Mc already focused too much on Body, if he kept like that gaining more experience on Memory wouldn't be enough to balance things out.
2. Telling him he is a 50/50: This would make him believe he has all the means to achieve his potential on Body and Memory equally and the only difference was training, but that is not the case, he needs to overcompensate on Memory because he is less compatible with that then Body.

If that is the case he needs to know all those things to enter into the correct state of mind, he focused too much on Body and needs to chat up on memory, he is not as compatible with memory and needs to overcompensate for that, having both traits balanced is his only chance since Body and Memory want either a pure trait or a 50/50.
I completely agree, there is no reason not to tell him something so important. In addition to what you said, not telling him is basically dooming him not being a perfect split to be discovered by the 4th, which probably is not something he wants.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
In any case, my point is there is no reason for him to specifically care for the MC who MIGHT have 1% of darkness when there are monsters and probably people with more darkness, and when body, whom MC possesses 50% of his trait, does not react nearly as strongly, which suggests that the percentage is not why he reacts that way, not to mention someone said WW said the percent is a mix of stuff.
I mean.... no there isn't any need to be MC..... just wait for the next person capable of becoming an arbiter/whatever......who also has some of you in them before their infection....... that person also needs access to the immaterial realm, and someone to teach them the general idea about it so you can talk to them without worrying about pesky things that "avatars" or "other apostles"....?
Oh it also helps if that person is a "true spawn" as well.....

I don't understand how "having someone in a group stronger than the apostles with a percentage of you in them" is worse than "having a 100% chosen who will never beat any of the other Apostles ever much less the ones above them".

It doesn't matter that valravn is out there preparing for daddy darkness return because when light comes and slaps the armor off him, evolution (or any other) would be more useful to 7ths goals

Last edited:

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Regarding Jake his state of mind really did play a role into not being compatible with Order, Jake believed himself to be so UTTERLY HELPLESS that any chance of getting Power seemed out of reach, when Ella found him and gave him a pill he was doing exactly that, he absolutely believes he is incapable of doing anything, of having the power to do something, even when he struggled he believed it was useless.
So when he got the ability to influence others to do his will he jumped into that, no need to do something, just control others to do it for you, how would someone like that develop Power as trait.
Now compare that to Michael, his core belief is to gain a strength of his own, to not rely on anyone else, there is no need to make others do something for him, he can and he will do things by himself, this guy's mindset is made for Power.

Now as for Jake losing his chance at Order i think the main reason is simply because we can kill him, i don't expect characters who can die to have a lot of importance on the plot, unless we are talking about Mc bringing people back from death, in that case maybe.
But considering Jake's path on the otherworld he is still on the same mindset, controled by strings pulled by something much more powerfull, he still believes he is helpless, now if you help him things are interesting, Mc is being held back by a will against hiw own, he has the means to escape but a opposing will stops him, Jake can use his authorithy to command Mc to escape using all his power to even things out, by helping Jake he mentions how this was the first time he managed to escape.

If this is a change in mindset i don't know but i think i'ts interesting how Jake lacked Power and Mc was held back by Authorithy so when Jake helped he gave Mc Authorithy to escape and in exchange achieved the Power he needed to escape too.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Regarding Jake his state of mind really did play a role into not being compatible with Order, Jake believed himself to be so UTTERLY HELPLESS that any chance of getting Power seemed out of reach, when Ella found him and gave him a pill he was doing exactly that, he absolutely believes he is incapable of doing anything, of having the power to do something, even when he struggled he believed it was useless.
So when he got the ability to influence others to do his will he jumped into that, no need to do something, just control others to do it for you, how would someone like that develop Power as trait.
Now compare that to Michael, his core belief is to gain a strength of his own, to not rely on anyone else, there is no need to make others do something for him, he can and he will do things by himself, this guy's mindset is made for Power.

Now as for Jake losing his chance at Order i think the main reason is simply because we can kill him, i don't expect characters who can die to have a lot of importance on the plot, unless we are talking about Mc bringing people back from death, in that case maybe.
But considering Jake's path on the otherworld he is still on the same mindset, controled by strings pulled by something much more powerfull, he still believes he is helpless, now if you help him things are interesting, Mc is being held back by a will against hiw own, he has the means to escape but a opposing will stops him, Jake can use his authorithy to command Mc to escape using all his power to even things out, by helping Jake he mentions how this was the first time he managed to escape.

If this is a change in mindset i don't know but i think i'ts interesting how Jake lacked Power and Mc was held back by Authorithy so when Jake helped he gave Mc Authorithy to escape and in exchange achieved the Power he needed to escape too.
I suppose the question is whether or not he failed when awakening his powers by not getting both authority and power, or if he simply fumbled the bag in some way. Though his dying does not matter, as if I remember correctly, even if you don't kill him Aglaecwif says he is a failure.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
Do we have any information about the affiliation of the monster that got Oscar?
Because killing a monster as a normal human, without any preparation, and being ambushed would have probably be in perfect alignment with Power. It’s pretty sad his mind didn’t survive the process

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Do we have any information about the affiliation of the monster that got Oscar?
Because killing a monster as a normal human, without any preparation, and being ambushed would have probably be in perfect alignment with Power. It’s pretty sad his mind didn’t survive the process
The Monster that infected Oscar was a . Very much a Light-attribute monster, considering its power is to literally shine light with supernatural effects.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Im not saying you're wrong, but Syla is kinda stupid. She might not know how genetics and stuff work, or might not understand what happened well or any other explanation, and IIRC she didn't outright say MC isn't a 50/50 split, but just said she wasn't because of what happened, and since there's a possibility he isn't because of her, telling MC is probably smart. Though, I get that her telling the MC that is probably just exposition and I shouldn't think about it too hard, but I just wondered if it was confirmed in any official capacity.
She's stupid when it comes to everyday human stuff, wouldn't mistake that for general stupidity

Reactions: Dikaebi

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018

Jake vs Michael

jakekill.jpg 1708383330086.png

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Regarding Jake who has the first apostle's power but he as a person seems unfit to use it. It fits more to a tyrant who does not see people but rather tools. If you remember early on he is a loser. He uses his powers for no beneficial reason and its not like he tried developing his powers. The one time he advanced into the second level by destroying Mia's mind he fell down and ignored the voices in his head(the first apostle). Only after becoming Ella's toy and taking over the ministers house with his powers does he realize its usefulness. So just by Jake's story he seems unfit to have this power and thus can be deemed a failure.

About the memory and physical trait we simply don't know. I personally assume it to be the case that your reason to grow the apostles abilities resides in your shared % with them. So if you are 80% 12th apostle and 20% 7th apostle your abilities to grow the 12th apostle trait which is creation would be easier as your share more with them. I believe this relates to the MC in the way that sure he maybe is more evenly split but near the end of the current story we learn how his mom, a previous memory trait user manages to still linger with her power and help MC with the memory trait.

tldr on both:

jake as a person is not compatible with authority trait, too weak mentally

powers might be easier to train the more of it you have. 80% of X apostle is easier to use than 20% of Y apostle.
None of these are what I was talking about...

About Jake, I was talking about Order, not Authority. Order, according to Aglaecwif, is the strongest power and controls the fundamental laws of reality or some such, and comes from fully inheriting both traits of the first and second apostles. Also according to her, Jake was a potential inheritor to Order, but was a failure. I was wondering how could he possibly inherit Order if he:

1. Seemingly has perfect affinity towards Authority (100%), which would leave him with no affinity for power.
2. Does not have any displays of the second apostle's trait and abilities, which should render him incapable of being able to use Order.

As for the second point, it was about why MC can't/couldn't/hasn't shown any use of the second so-called combined powers, evolution, which he should be able to access due to his high affinity with body and memory. Some of the causes that seem most likely to me are the following, in no particular order:

1. He is incapable due to not being a perfect split between Body and Memory.
2. He neglected Memory and due to that can't develop Evolution, at least until he equalizes Body and Memory's levels a bit.
3. He can/has use Evolution but we hadn't noticed because we don't know what It does, or he doesn't know how to use it and unlike Body and Memory, whose activations are very simple, Evolution might require more specific conditions.
4. There is some other way that awakens the combined powers, such as reaching level five with the capability of acquiring them.

What we do know, is that these powers probably exist and are beyond theories at this point, as Aglaecwif said any spawn who inherits the traits of any twin apostles would become incredibly powerful when talking about Order, and their names were mentioned in repeated dialogue of twin apostles in the memory training, but we don't know practically anything beyond that.

TLDR: I was talking about the combined powers of twin apostles.

Reactions: TheShelly
4.80 star(s) 329 Votes