SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
Yeah...Henri and Bernhardt are both natural 5s and chosen themselves. This seems to be a massive thing that HERO are hiding...natural 5s all basically have to be chosen of some vastly powerful entity and they are all vastly better than serum evolved 5s. This might also be what Dr. Xanthe means when he says that the MC might have already failed a requirement for a natural 5th evolution because the MC's 3rd was basically a serum induced evolution...but he doesn't know about eye origin now connected to the MC.

It might also be precisely what makes a natural 5th evolution so dangerous and why there are trials nobody wants to talk about. Having to face vastly powerful entities who can just erase you from existence on a whim in hopes of gaining their support would make a natural 5th evolution extremely dangerous. Having to fight and potentially defeat a chosen might also be another. Going for a natural 5th evolution would basically guarantee death or success with very low chance of the latter.
The serum isn't a problem, Henri himself comments to Berniboy:
Henri: "They're adapting well to their evolution"
Berniboy: "not as well as we were, the serum is flawed"
Henri: "no, we are just different, you were much stronger than them before you even evolved"

Even the Arbiter comments that Ella and Nico are perfected spawn ("waiting for me are two perfected spawn, engaged in heated battle" is how he refers to both Ella and Nico) when he sees them fighting (in the deadend MC monsterfies in the Battle of Diamond).

The big difference seems to be the process of evolving to 5th, as in the jorney to the evolution or the special conditions to make it happen naturaly, not the serum itself.

Last edited:

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
Pay attention to what happens..."What are you?" Correct answer: a human, "what do you need?" Correct answer: resurrection, "What do you want?" Correct answer: a heart. And then the MC gets the feeling of something like 12 bullets going through his brain and he feels the 12 are trying to connect to him and potentially to each other. Not to mention that all 12 gave the MC power to escape the dream...yeah, that was resurrection and it was performed by the 12 apostles.
Isn't this because MC was still running high after connecting to them in paths and all that (he even had power poisoning no even 10min before the fight because of it)?.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
This actually isn't out of the question in my opinion. Let me explain why:
- According to Henri, Bernhardt was stronger than Kira and Elijah as a level 4.
- If MC is destined to become the strongest Superhuman, becoming at least as strong as Bernhardt was as a level 4 is kind of expected
- MC constantly punches above his weight class because his power is very versatile

So he may actually have a chance.
Hmm makes sense because level4 is also the limit breaker stage and also the stage where you can say fuck off to the rules of universe.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Pay attention to what happens..."What are you?" Correct answer: a human, "what do you need?" Correct answer: resurrection, "What do you want?" Correct answer: a heart. And then the MC gets the feeling of something like 12 bullets going through his brain and he feels the 12 are trying to connect to him and potentially to each other. Not to mention that all 12 gave the MC power to escape the dream...yeah, that was resurrection and it was performed by the 12 apostles.
That is straight up wrong. I went back and checked those exact choices. No mention of "12 bullets going thorugh MC's brain", no 12 connections, nothing. The only thing that happens with those answers is that if you choose Despair, you get deadend 41, which is a failed evolution. Not even the Arbiter Deadend mentions anything about the 12 apostoles.

Apr 17, 2024
Strongly doubt a level 4 mc has any chance against a fully powered chosen. Going to take a looooooooooot more than that
Well, if the MC turned his electricity weakness to electricity absorption, Indra functionally wouldn't be a fully-powered Chosen. He'd be down one of his strongest weapons, and "only" be an incredibly physically powerful combatant with literal eons of experience in hand to hand combat. So okay, yeah, it would still be a really tough fight. There would probably have to be an additional circumstantial factor giving the MC an advantage. I still think it's a plausible scenario, though. At the very least the MC evolving from confronting Indra sounds likely to me.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
The serum isn't a problem, Henri himself comments to Berniboy:
Henri: "They're adapting well to theyr evolution"
Berniboy: "not as well as we were, the serum is flawed"
Henri: "no, we are just different, you were much stronger than them before you even evolved"

Even the Arbiter comments that Ella and Nico are "perfect" evolved (i'm paraphrasing hard here, i don't remember the exact quote) when he sees them fighting (in the deadend MC monsterfies in the Battle of Diamond).

The big difference seems to be the process of evolving to 5th, as in the jorney to the evolution or the special conditions to make it happen naturaly, not the serum itself.
Dead end 42 provides definite proof that the 3 natural 5 HERO agents are all bonded to some other entity each and are vastly more powerful than their power level might initially let on. Even Esther or whatever her name is mentions that Bernhardt could only be beaten by...and then doesn't finish the sentence. There is definitely far more to natural 5s that serum evolved 5s just don't get or are very unlikely to get. Ella herself clearly says after her 5th evolution that she was not chosen.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
That is straight up wrong. I went back and checked those exact choices. No mention of "12 bullets going thorugh MC's brain", no 12 connections, nothing. The only thing that happens with those answers is that if you choose Despair, you get deadend 41, which is a failed evolution. Not even the Arbiter Deadend mentions anything about the 12 apostoles.
Not my fault you weren't paying attention.

Reactions: corewen

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Well, if the MC turned his electricity weakness to electricity absorption, Indra functionally wouldn't be a fully-powered Chosen. He'd be down one of his strongest weapons, and "only" be an incredibly physically powerful combatant with literal eons of experience in hand to hand combat. So okay, yeah, it would still be a really tough fight. There would probably have to be an additional circumstantial factor giving the MC an advantage. I still think it's a plausible scenario, though. At the very least the MC evolving from confronting Indra sounds likely to me.
Yo this might actually be the fight where mc finally gets over his electricity problem.Indra being the lightning god he is might be just what mc needs to overcome his electricity problem.Not to mention level 4 being limit breaker stage aswell.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You've got it wrong:

"I lost my cool."
"A moment was all they were waiting for, just the briefest slip in control."
"And as soon as they got it, it was over. The tidal wave of memories came bursting forth, shattering the dam that was my mind."
You "Hrrghh...."
"My nerves burn with fire; agony explodes from every limb."
"The memories take over my tails."

Once MC loses his cool, the memories assault his mind.

"I'm shot twelve times. Twelve bullets hammer into my mind."
"I can feel each of them burrowing deeper, seeking to connect to something, to each other? To me? To something beyond myself?"
"The destruction of my body eases the burden, the memories retreating just slightly. My mind consolidates-"

His memories cause him pain and confusion and similar to deadend1, once he gets damaged, he regains control of his mind.

From there on, the choices manipulate the 3 variables, memorysucceed, memoryascend and nothingmemory
memorysucceed positive is the correct answer for low corruption runs
nothingmemory is the correct answer for high corruption runs
memoryascend is the wrong answer which leads to deadend42 and deadend43

memorysucceed positive:
Human, Death, Heart or Weapon

memorysucceed negative:
Monster, Evolution

nothingmemory:
nothing, nothing. nothing. nothing

memoryascend:
God, Resurrection, Eyes

So you are mistaken, resurrection is the wrong choice, as it increments the deadend counter.
The correct response is either Death or Nothing depending on the type of playthrough.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
You've got it wrong:

So you are mistaken, resurrection is the wrong choice, as it increments the deadend counter.
The correct response is either Death or Nothing depending on the type of playthrough.
Resurrection is literally the recommended answer by the Multi-Mod and I can 1000% confirm that A human, resurrection, a heart do not lead to a dead end...not unless you choose despair as the 4th word. The optimal best 4 words to choose are the three I mentioned plus hope as the 4th.

You are focusing on all of the wrong information and are making wrong assumptions too. Ressurection is a correct answer, not a trigger to a dead end...the only way to get a dead end is if you screw something else up.

CrazyofHentai

Jan 1, 2024
How do we get stronger?
I don't think we're close to our 4th Evo, in all honesty, I believe it could be a very long time yet, and this is where our greatest problem lies, we need to get stronger, much stronger. After months in the monster world it's very possible that the world will be at war or partially destroyed, and even if we train the Memory Trait to the max, I doubt it will be enough

So how can we get even stronger?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Resurrection is literally the recommended answer by the Multi-Mod and I can 1000% confirm that A human, resurrection, a heart do not lead to a dead end...not unless you choose despair as the 4th word. The optimal best 4 words to choose are the three I mentioned plus hope as the 4th.
The multimod is wrong and this works only because the dev gives you leeway to make 2 errors
The memoryascend variable leads to the deadend. If you increment it enough times you lose.

My answer comes directly from the script and the conditionals.
The optimal choices are Human, Death, Heart or Weapon (exact same effect), Hope or Hate (+5P/1S or +10P) for low corruption
and Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing (+3S/13C) for high corruption

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
In my playthrough atleast I did resurrection,human,love and hope aswell and only died when I choose the the despair option if I remember correctly mc tries to evolve and cole plunges his blade into MC's heart and mc dies.

Apr 17, 2024
How do we get stronger?
I don't think we're close to our 4th Evo, in all honesty, I believe it could be a very long time yet, and this is where our greatest problem lies, we need to get stronger, much stronger. After months in the monster world it's very possible that the world will be at war or partially destroyed, and even if we train the Memory Trait to the max, I doubt it will be enough

So how can we get even stronger?
I'm hoping the MC finally gets to work on scanning monsters to use their anatomy in his transformations. Aside from the monster heart he absorbed, he hasn't done any of that since the idea was raised. He's in a world where all animal life is monsters, maybe he'll run into something worth using.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I'm hoping the MC finally gets to work on scanning monsters to use their anatomy in his transformations. Aside from the monster heart he absorbed, he hasn't done any of that since the idea was raised. He's in a world where all animal life is monsters, maybe he'll run into something worth using.
Yeah optimising his base body like Xanthe said with the best of other creatures might be the way before evolution.

CrazyofHentai

Jan 1, 2024
I think about it too. Using a weapon or wearing some armor seems completely out of the question, I don't see how using either of those two could help us. Using monster bodies, strengthening us with their flesh seems like the best option, but I feel that something else is missing

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I can literally tell you it's not...I have done this answer combination at least 5 times and never got a dead end...not once.
Human, Death, Heart
Human, Death, Weapon
Human, Evolution, Heart
Human, Evolution, Weapon
Monster, Death, Heart
Monster, Death, Weapon
Human, Nothing, Nothing
Life, Death, Eyes

All of these are valid combinations that pass the check and this list isn't exhaustive. Just don't pick despair because it leads to deadend41
The reason they pass is because all of them have less than 3 memoryascend and at least 1 memorysucceed.
So either reread what I wrote and try to understand it, check the script yourself, or drop it. You are wrong.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Human, Death, Heart
Human, Death, Weapon
Human, Evolution, Heart
Human, Evolution, Weapon
Monster, Death, Heart
Monster, Death, Weapon
Human, Nothing, Nothing
Life, Death, Eyes

All of these are valid combinations that pass the check and this list isn't exhaustive. Just don't pick despair because it leads to deadend41
The reason they pass is because all of them have less than 3 memoryascend and at least 1 memorysucceed.
So either reread what I wrote and try to understand it, check the script yourself, or drop it. You are wrong.
Well regardless of anything else there is a clear and obvious intervention by the 12 apostles at that point...they are the ones asking the questions which we answer. So even if you want to say it's not a resurrection(which it seems pretty clear to me that it is), they clearly help the MC recover and fight.

4.80 star(s) 342 Votes