Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Don't pretend the other western nations are any better. They might not have guns, but are just as capable of police brutality. During the covid lockdowns I have seen leaked videos of police in france, england, canda, australia, germany and more brutalizing political dissidents, sometimes in their own home. 10 cops with batons throwing a woman or a 14 year old boy on the ground and then all of them beating the shit of them with batons until they got a cracked skull. A woman screaming for help as a police attack dog is breaking her leg while the cop laughs and eggs the dog on. and so on. A swat team in germany breaking the door down of a doctor while he was live streaming with their asssault weapons. Tossing doctors who do not toe the government official policy in mental asylums...
If anything the USA had the least of it during that time due to the simple fact that the cops were afraid of people shooting them if they go too far.
Nice strawman.
I live in an european country. Here, our law enforcement won't go guns blazing without give a rat's ass about potential civilian casualties. Don't make huge walls of text to seem like you know exactly what you're talking about : you don't.
The situation depicted in Superhuman is already vastly different in every aspect to how it would be handled here. Just because it seems very fucking familiar to you doesn't mean the whole world is like that. Please have some respect for other people's intelligence, and for yourself, and don't lump every country it the fucked up things America can do.
Loving your country is one thing, but denying there's anythng wrong with it is not being patriotic, it's just being blind.

If anything, our cops actually get in trouble when they start acting like the american cops do. That happened a lot. A few years back, after a terrorist attack, people had made a little memorial for the victims. A patrol of armed law enforcement walked through, walking right on top of the memorial without a care. An old man pipped up to ask them to be carefull where whey walked and be respectfull of the dead. One of them decided to go grab the old man.
In America, things would have escalated. Here, the simple fact people took out their phones to film him forced him to stand down. The videos spread, and the guy got in trouble with his bosses. In America, his team and bosses would have defended him. Like so many, too many in fact, were protected after shooting an unarmed civilian.

So no, it is not a norm worldwide, and it is certainly not therefor the only way the scene in the game can go, far from it. It might if WeirdWorld decides ti write it this way, but there is a lot more possibilities than you are clearly willing to accept.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hey, ignoring this discussion, Clark could body us instantly. Like, he is anime, but that also means he has anime reflexes.

If you try to attack him in the sewer, he erases you before you can even realize what happens.

Clark being 3 evolutions beyond us is not a thing we can beat with guile and street smarts, he is the real deal.
Clark is a bro. I actually was looking forward to the Hero stuff because of him(and obviously Alexis but we don't need to get into that right now :oops: ).

He wouldn't one shot the MC if it was a fight. He'll probably try to calm the situation down since he seems to have some kinship with him. Plus he's too nice. As long as you don't seem like a murder machine *cough* my corruption MC *cough*. That dead end had us try to kill him unprovoked which caused him to retaliate.

Not saying Clark wouldn't one shot us if he was serious. More that he would probably hold back in a fight and could be outwitted by the MC. If it's some cat and mouse chasing stuff.

Reactions: Dominosaur

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Nice strawman.
I live in an european country. Here, our law enforcement won't go guns blazing without give a rat's ass about potential civilian casualties
facepalm. strawman is lying about what the other person said. you say I strawmanned you, then literally the next sentence prove that I was not.
You might think I am wrong about the situation, but that doesn't make it a strawman. Only attributing to you claims you didn't make is a strawman.

As for the rest of the argument... we clearly fundamentally disagree about reality. Let us just drop it. this is going off topic.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Is Danica dead?
I hope not. She is a cool character with an awesome power, plus her monster parents looked the third coolest to me.
it's up to the player if she lives or dies, you can either spare her or kill her
Sadly it is not up to the player. The player can only state intention. Unless WeirdWorld pulls out a ridiculous plot twist out of their ass (which is more unlikely than Bezos suddenly becoming humble), she died as collateral damage amidst the chaos, during the assault that lead to the fight against Klaus.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
Sadly it is not up to the player. The player can only state intention. Unless WeirdWorld pulls out a ridiculous plot twist out of their ass (which is more unlikely than Bezos suddenly becoming humble), she died as collateral damage amidst the chaos, during the assault that lead to the fight against Klaus.
I'm not sure why you're so certain she died in the assault on klaus. In my playthrough the mc only reopened her old wound and blinded her. She was still very much alive and yelling at the mc when he left her. The more likely scenario to me is that she was captured by the teleporter girl and is now a prisoner of hero.

I'm not sure why weirdworld would have the mc point out the he was blinding her so he didn't have to kill her if she was going to be killed anyways.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
They do mention "three bodies" but it's unknown if Danica is properly dead, or only seemed dead at that time. She already survived a spear through the heart, what's a bit of eye gouging compared to that?

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I'm not sure why you're so certain she died in the assault on klaus. In my playthrough the mc only reopened her old wound and blinded her. She was still very much alive and yelling at the mc when he left her. The more likely scenario to me is that she was captured by the teleporter girl and is now a prisoner of hero.

I'm not sure why weirdworld would have the mc point out the he was blinding her so he didn't have to kill her if she was going to be killed anyways.
They do mention "three bodies" but it's unknown if Danica is properly dead, or only seemed dead at that time. She already survived a spear through the heart, what's a bit of eye gouging compared to that?
The game works in chapters, and Danica, like Oscar, was an inherent part of Klaus' chapter. She even doesn't have much ties to the universe of the game outside of Klaus himself. Now that he's death, she has narratively no use at all, even if somehow she survived. So bringing her back just to be able to put sex scenes would make little sense.

Also I seem to remember on my run her getting tentacle-stabbed while the MC made his escape because of the confusion of the attack and the goons trying to take him down. Might be missremembering but that's what's in my head about that part. And I didn't want to kill her.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
I just took a quick peak through the code and the label for that section seems to hint that she is alive.

label danicalives:
play sound "audio/blimpact.mp3"
scene sliceattack with hpunch
play sound "audio/flimpact.mp3"
scene blood with hpunch
"Taking no chances this time, I form a blade in my other hand and slice across her face."
Danica "AAaaaahh!!! My eyes!!!"
You "Sorry, that power of yours is too dangerous, if I'm going to spare you again, I can't let you keep it."
Danica "Fuck you! You fucking-"
scene black with dissolve
"Danica wails and cries, her hands clutching her head over her missing eyes, completely destroyed by my jagged blade."
You "You'll forgive me I'm sure, if you survive this that is."
You "Now tell me, how do Klaus's powers work?!"
Danica "Fuck you!!"
stop music fadeout 1.0
"I see it, I see what I've been searching for..."
jump findklaus

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I just took a quick peak through the code and the label for that section seems to hint that she is alive.

label danicalives:
play sound "audio/blimpact.mp3"
scene sliceattack with hpunch
play sound "audio/flimpact.mp3"
scene blood with hpunch
"Taking no chances this time, I form a blade in my other hand and slice across her face."
Danica "AAaaaahh!!! My eyes!!!"
You "Sorry, that power of yours is too dangerous, if I'm going to spare you again, I can't let you keep it."
Danica "Fuck you! You fucking-"
scene black with dissolve
"Danica wails and cries, her hands clutching her head over her missing eyes, completely destroyed by my jagged blade."
You "You'll forgive me I'm sure, if you survive this that is."
You "Now tell me, how do Klaus's powers work?!"
Danica "Fuck you!!"
stop music fadeout 1.0
"I see it, I see what I've been searching for..."
jump findklaus
Doesn't mean much though. Just a variable existing doesn't mean WeirdWorld has particular plans to use it. There are likely many other "dead" variables in the game.
Of course, I could be wrong, but as I said, from a narrative standpoint, Danica is pretty much useless now, with what we know of her. So bringing her back would be pretty pointless to the story.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I find it highly doubtful. I am pretty sure it was clear that she escaped if you spared her.
Is Danica dead?
You get a choice to "spare" or "kill" her... either way she survives at that moment, but the game remembers your choice and a little later you will either kill or spare her based on that choice.

It looked to me like a very clear case of her surviving and escaping if you spared her

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Is Danica dead?
Maybe. :cry:

All I know for sure is the MC didn't kill her himself there(if you chose spare in their 1st fight). The problem is what happened after the MC left. Did she crawl out of there? Did Nico kill her? So much could've happened in that moment.

Or maybe Nico took her alive and made her join Hero? If yes then did Danica snitch since she knows our identity? Are we about to get detained and finally fuck that sexy cross tattooed lady in a super tight Hero uniform :oops:.

Sorry I got distracted with that last thought. Anyway, I personally still think she's alive. I hope that's the case in game after sparing her and then doing all that flirting. Her powers are also really dope. She's in my top 3 favorite Waifu's list with Ella and Alexis too. Top 4 if Monsters were included because Mother 4th would be 1st :love:.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Dimitrii

Jan 28, 2019
Well, having the choice of either killing or sparring Danica, then having a scenes of either finishng her off or letting her go, just to have her killed off screen anyway seams kinda cheap.

There's no way for her to have big impact on the story, coz that would obviously be a pain in the ass to write that for a character that can potentially be dead (in my playthrough I killed her by accident, I didn't know that particular choice mattered).
But maybe some tiny side story or a scene? I think it plausible.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well, having the choice of either killing or sparring Danica, then having a scenes of either finishng her off or letting her go, just to have her killed off screen anyway seams kinda cheap.
Narratively speaking, it's not a bad way to show ("Show, don't tell") that the playable character doesn't control the fate of others, though.

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
The game works in chapters, and Danica, like Oscar, was an inherent part of Klaus' chapter. She even doesn't have much ties to the universe of the game outside of Klaus himself. Now that he's death, she has narratively no use at all, even if somehow she survived. So bringing her back just to be able to put sex scenes would make little sense.

Also I seem to remember on my run her getting tentacle-stabbed while the MC made his escape because of the confusion of the attack and the goons trying to take him down. Might be missremembering but that's what's in my head about that part. And I didn't want to kill her.
I saw the same comment about her death some time ago and I double checked last update, no, she is not confirmed dead.
MC stabbed her close to/in the same spot (and he said so) , then proceeded to cut her eyes out to so he wont have to worry about leaving her alive again. Now, if I am not wrong, he also said "if you live" (as she got yet another bad stab), so WW really left it up in the air.
Either way no, she is not confirmed dead.
Edit: Ok, so I went ahead and triple checked and...yep, up in the air. At the end of the dialogue between the doctor and whoever that girl was, she said "3 corpses coming right up". That would mean she is dead, only...she says the same thing if you devour Danica too and, correct me if I am wrong, we eat our victims whole. That, to me, suggests that the 3 will be brought back later, and alive or eaten makes no difference to the story.
That, or WW made an opsie....or I went insane... yeah, that could be it.
And I just realized, she probably said corpses before seeing/bringing them so...yeah, I would not trust that line as a hint for Danica's death.
Man, I edited this 5 times in 5 mins...damn you WW for making me have to think.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes