Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I see you're having quite an interesting debate here, so I'll probably join.

Is Ella good? - Not particularly.
Is Ella evil? - Not particularly.
Can we trust her? - Definitely not!

I agree with plong that Ella is above all pragmatic. So far, I haven't seen her inflict more suffering than necessary, or kill for pleasure. If nothing else, we can only trust that she will stand by our side until she finds someone better, or we don't start messing up her plans in any significant way. But if that happens, we will be just another pawn for her that she will be willing to sacrifice.

But there are a few things to keep in mind.

All hybrids are predators, it's deep in their genes, MC is no exception. The change that hybrids go through is not only physical but also psychological. I am not talking only about the possible influence of corruption, but about the overall change. It is not possible to apply human morality to hybrids, just as it is not possible to apply it to animals. It is impossible to explain to a wolf that killing hares and eating them is wrong, he should feel remorse for it and above all he should not do it at all. It is inevitable that all hybrids will sooner or later begin to think of humans as an inferior species. If it wasn't true, the psyche of the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to handle it. Think about how many people MC has already killed. And it wasn't something impersonal like pulling the trigger. He literally tore apart hundreds of people with his own hands. Still, he doesn't seem particularly bothered by it. And Ella has been a hybrid for much longer than we have been…

Raizeki

Feb 18, 2018
Like I said, the pill is a lure for the Monster themselves. Ella didn't give him any powers "herself". It's the result of the Monster directly infecting you. All Ella did was risk the MC dying from it since he could've monsterfied or been killed as a result of the Monsters she lured coming. That is potentially Ella's fault.

She only "saved" his friend because he had a bad reaction to the pill itself and the monster that came was most likely weaker than her. The MC on the other hand was up against the 3rd and 4th, who are vastly superior to her. If he monsterfied at the end, she would've killed him. If they decided to just eat the MC, Ella would've just stood there "supervising" and you would be shit out of luck. That's the one big detail you were missing while pointing out "she's supervising the MC there". He managed to survive the encounter on his own.

The point is that Ella isn't all that benevolent. She will throw you to the wolves completely and using only early scenes in the game doesn't disprove that. Especially with the 3rd and 4th in the beginning. She sets you up to get killed multiple times since you've became a superhuman. She almost killed you herself. The MC being strong enough to overcome it all doesn't make what she did not wrong.

Did her actions lead to the MC getting superpowers from Monsters, themselves? Yes. Were the superpowers worth the risk? Absolutely, like I said to her in-game. That still doesn't mean she had only good intentions in mind for the MC though.
I Think i missed some lore, when and what is that ''3rd and 4th'' monsters you are talking about ? i know that are the two monsters that gives MC powers, but when they talk about their ranking/power in the history ? i don't remember ever getting new info about them

plong

Mar 16, 2019
I Think i missed some lore, when and what is that ''3rd and 4th'' monsters you are talking about ? i know that are the two monsters that gives MC powers, but when they talk about their ranking/power in the history ? i don't remember ever getting new info about them
Every monster has a "rank", the first two monsters you meet in the park in the beginning are ranked 3rd and 4th respectively - this is mentioned later in the story.

Reactions: Dysphorika

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
In that bad end in the beginning of the game where you fight her and actually put up a decent challenge she immediatly takes you prisoner and tries to sacrifice you to a monster...
That... is not what I got from that bad end at all.
She takes you over to do some unknown thing, but then an unexpectedly strong monster shows up and she becomes paralyzed with fear and both of you are killed. She is not sacrificing you
Every monster has a "rank", the first two monsters you meet in the park in the beginning are ranked 3rd and 4th respectively - this is mentioned later in the story.
Not every monster has a rank. only the godlike monsters do.
and not everyone get's turned by a godlike monster.

for example, the giant tits girl gets turned by some crap tier monster bat, her powers is giants tits and making milk.
the gender ambiguous one gets turned by a minor monster giving her/him minor powers.
and then there are all those very low tier ink zombies. including the one you keep as a pet.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
That... is not what I got from that bad end at all.
She takes you over to do some unknown thing, but then an unexpectedly strong monster shows up and she becomes paralyzed with fear and both of you are killed. She is not sacrificing you

Not every monster has a rank. only the godlike monsters do.
and not everyone get's turned by a godlike monster.

for example, the giant tits girl gets turned by some crap tier monster bat, her powers is giants tits and making milk.
the gender ambiguous one gets turned by a minor monster giving her/him minor powers.
and then there are all those very low tier ink zombies. including the one you keep as a pet.
Yeah, that ending was one the only time (I think?) we actually see Ella scared and defeated (in fairness she was probably still tired from the fight with MC but idk if she could of done anything even at full health at that time) but yeah no sacrifices of any sort goin on there, just MC and Ella gettin destroyed by unknown monster.

Last edited:

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, that ending was one the only time (I think?) we actually see Ella scared and defeated (in fairness she was probably still tired from the fight with MC but idk if she could of done anything even at full health at that time) but yeah no sacrifices of any sort goin on there, just MC and Ella gettin destroyed by unknown monster.
Oh I was not talking about the black monster that scares her shitless, I was talking about the previous one that the black monster killed, Ella was offering us as a sacrifice to it before the other one crushed it and ate everyone afterwards.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The 3rd(Black/"Father") and 4th(Brown/"Mother") are the 2 monsters you see at the beginning. You learn about this during mostly the corruption heavy stuff since they're more active. You'll first hear them called that by the Pixie/Fairy during the 1st Klaus fight when he turns Alice into his spawn. The 2nd time with the lore dump is right before Evolution lvl 2 in the final fight with Klaus. You learn that the 7th - 12th are dead or something while the 1st - 6th are all that's left.

The numbers aren't rank, at least not outright. They're the order they're born in. The 1st(Jake's Monster Parent) refers to itself as the 1st born. If you haven't seen it at all then, I have an older post somewhere with a picture of it. You only see it on corruption options against Jake in the prison and when you kill him. Your Parent might have killed the 1st as well in their dark realm too.

Reactions: Dysphorika

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Oh I was not talking about the black monster that scares her shitless, I was talking about the previous one that the black monster killed, Ella was offering us as a sacrifice to it before the other one crushed it and ate everyone afterwards.
My bad lol

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
it's amazing how many people conveniently forgot what went down in that dead end. Right after you reveal your powers, she calls you the "perfect specimen" and how she wanted to play with you more before sending you to death. This is right before she handcuffs you and calls Mother(4th). She then pushes you in front of Mother, who's most likely about to eat you and then the powerful monster comes to kill everybody.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
There is also the other dead end where you just tell Ella that you can read other's memories. She laughs, calls you perfect, and immediately attacks you. It then cuts to a dead end screen that just says "Don't tell people what they don't need to know."

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Although her abilities are not combat-oriented, it seems that she has the ability to produce milk that can greatly enhance any superhuman, possibly even helping them evolve. This is actually a VERY powerful ability. If the MC carried a bottle of her milk with him and always drank it before battle, it would definitely have a VERY significant effect. Amazing support ability.

No one gets OP abilities and invincibility right off the bat.
You always only get a spark, and you have to turn it into a flame yourself.
Even if your spark is from a weak monster, you can turn it into a raging inferno.

No one ever said that even if you got a spark from a weak bat, you couldn't reach level 5 evolution.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Although her abilities are not combat-oriented, it seems that she has the ability to produce milk that can greatly enhance any superhuman, possibly even helping them evolve. This is actually a VERY powerful ability. If the MC carried a bottle of her milk with him and always drank it before battle, it would definitely have a VERY significant effect. Amazing support ability.
IIRC it had to actually eat her heart to evolve, not just drink her milk.
No one gets OP abilities and invincibility right off the bat.
You always only get a spark, and you have to turn it into a flame yourself.
Even if your spark is from a weak monster, you can turn it into a raging inferno.

No one ever said that even if you got a spark from a weak bat, you couldn't reach level 5 evolution.
perhaps. but supposedly even those turned by top tier monsters are capped at level 5. so why wouldn't lesser monsters be capped lower?
There seem to be clear differences in potential between minor and major superhumans.

But, it might be possible to overcome said limitations and exceed your limits.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Ok, stop right there.
"Gave me super powers" does not mean benevolent. It never meant benevolent.
It means I personally owe her a debt that I cannot even begin to repay. because I am not an ungrateful bastard.

I am not a paragon of virtue, I am going to use super powers given to me for selfish self gain. Giving them to me was not an act of benevolence.
But I do understand the concept of reciprocity and of being grateful to those who help you. And at the end of the day it was I who was given a gift that is beyond precious.

So many people will sacrifice their life at a chance for something that was just handed to me for free. How can you not be grateful to that?
My man, you got a bad case of thinking with you dick here. I can almost 100% guarantee she didn't give you the powers for free. She's going to cash in sooner or later. Let's take the whole Jake situation. For example, when he unlocked his power, she started favoring him greatly and basically ignoring you because he was far more useful to her at the time. But the moment his job was done, she immediately switched gears again to grooming her next weapon, you.

She basically orchestrated the destruction of Mia's mind, Daryl's monster breakdown, and Jake's turning on you. Because she needed Jake to be powered up at that time, any power you gain through those events is simply a bonus to her plan. She wants you to grow in power, sure, but only as long as it fits what she needs.

She needs an obedient pet, not any form of companion. So the moment you get close to her power level, she will probably try to remove you. If you're a good superhero, it's because you oppose her ideologically, and if you're corrupt, it's because she knows you won't stop until you've consumed or surpassed her. And even if you're willing to be her obedient pet, the moment she's done with you, she'll simply toss you away and move on to the next. Any form of gratitude we have towards her has been realistically used up. And to be fair, if she knew you were just sticking with her just out of gratitude, she'd probably just kill you for being mentally weak.
The only reason to stick with her is because she hot and let's you literally skull fuck her.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
My man, you got a bad case of thinking with you dick here.
You have a bad case of armchair psychologist.
And no, I would be grateful to a man or a squid too if they gave me super powers.
I can almost 100% guarantee she didn't give you the powers for free. She's going to cash in sooner or later.
did you even read what you quoted? this is literally what you quoted me saying.

the problem is not me, but rather with you ingrates thinking that just because she had a motive, it means you owe her nothing.
She basically orchestrated the destruction of Mia's mind, Daryl's monster breakdown, and Jake's turning on you.
Complete nonsense to 1 and 2.
Mia's breakdown in particular... it was caused by Jake evolving in the middle of modifying mia and resulted in jake missing out on a large portion of his upgrade powerup. It was an utter disaster for her plans.

The only one she actually did was jake turning on you.
She needs an obedient pet, not any form of companion. So the moment you get close to her power level, she will probably try to remove you.
this remains to be seen.

I find it highly doubtful though. a weak pet she can control must be of a lower level, and thus worthless. As she could solo a whole group of lower level superhumans. Thus by necessity if there is something she cannot achieve herself, she must have helpers on the same level, level 5 (max level). Thus she requires a group of level 5s, which means she cannot treat them as pets nor eliminate them for being strong.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Hasn't it been seen, though? Doesn't she literally do that with both Jake and Daryl?
Quite the opposite

Daryl: the only superhuman she tries actual mind control on. and she had nothing to do with him failing his level 2 upgrade and becoming monsterified, as he started his levelup process some time after breaking free from the mind control. She has no way to control people failing their levelup, especially when she is not even there. She is instead trying to steal a vial of level 4 to level 5 artificial upgrade serum to use on herself... explicitly because she is NOT an expert in controlling levelups.

Also he monsterified on the transition from level 1 to level 2. while she was doing level 4 to level 5. meaning he was not even close to becoming a peer to her. For your theory to hold water she needed to wait until he was level 4 and getting close to level 5. and only then eliminate him before he can make the breakthrough and reach level 5 and become a threat.

Jake: He hasn't been removed. He is still active and growing stronger. He just left the country and moved to another country. Her actions involving him were to make him overcome his mental blocks that kept him as a submissive servile nobody.

Actually this is even proof she is not looking for pets. Jake was mentally a servile pet, and she spent a LOT of effort to manipulate him into stopping and growing a spine. And as noted in those scenes the player saw but the MC didn't, she was not giving MC the same treatment because he didn't need it. only jake suffered from the psychological barrier of being a servile omega, to the point of subconsciously empowering his muggle bully during their altercations.

Reactions: Ohgreatusernames

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Quite the opposite

Daryl: the only superhuman she tries actual mind control on. and she had nothing to do with him failing his level 2 upgrade and becoming monsterified, as he started his levelup process some time after breaking free from the mind control. She has no way to control people failing their levelup, especially when she is not even there. She is instead trying to steal a vial of level 4 to level 5 artificial upgrade serum to use on herself... explicitly because she is NOT an expert in controlling levelups.

Also he monsterified on the transition from level 1 to level 2. while she was doing level 4 to level 5. meaning he was not even close to becoming a peer to her. For your theory to hold water she needed to wait until he was level 4 and getting close to level 5. and only then eliminate him before he can make the breakthrough and reach level 5 and become a threat.

Jake: He hasn't been removed. He is still active and growing stronger. He just left the country and moved to another country. Her actions involving him were to make him overcome his mental blocks that kept him as a submissive servile nobody.

Actually this is even proof she is not looking for pets. Jake was mentally a servile pet, and she spent a LOT of effort to manipulate him into stopping and growing a spine. And as noted in those scenes the player saw but the MC didn't, she was not giving MC the same treatment because he didn't need it. only jake suffered from the psychological barrier of being a servile omega, to the point of subconsciously empowering his muggle bully during their altercations.
I'm probably remembering this wrong, but doesn't she cut ties with Jake after he gives her access to the mine with the 2 monsters buried inside? And with Daryl, I don't think she cared if he became a monster or not; she just needed him to do whatever he was doing down in the tunnel.

And can't we kill Jake? If she cared a little bit about him, wouldn't she at least try to stop us from doing that?

It's been a hot minute since I played Through that part of the game, so I might be remembering it wrong.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
My man, you got a bad case of thinking with you dick here. I can almost 100% guarantee she didn't give you the powers for free. She's going to cash in sooner or later. Let's take the whole Jake situation. For example, when he unlocked his power, she started favoring him greatly and basically ignoring you because he was far more useful to her at the time. But the moment his job was done, she immediately switched gears again to grooming her next weapon, you.

She basically orchestrated the destruction of Mia's mind, Daryl's monster breakdown, and Jake's turning on you. Because she needed Jake to be powered up at that time, any power you gain through those events is simply a bonus to her plan. She wants you to grow in power, sure, but only as long as it fits what she needs.

She needs an obedient pet, not any form of companion. So the moment you get close to her power level, she will probably try to remove you. If you're a good superhero, it's because you oppose her ideologically, and if you're corrupt, it's because she knows you won't stop until you've consumed or surpassed her. And even if you're willing to be her obedient pet, the moment she's done with you, she'll simply toss you away and move on to the next. Any form of gratitude we have towards her has been realistically used up. And to be fair, if she knew you were just sticking with her just out of gratitude, she'd probably just kill you for being mentally weak.
The only reason to stick with her is because she hot and let's you literally skull fuck her.
Hasn't it been seen, though? Doesn't she literally do that with both Jake and Daryl? And with that pretty boy she raised?
EXACTLY.
Also, look Deryl, he was "in love" for her... didn't matter.

Reactions: lnppo
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes