RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Now here is the real question, what is the main name of your character?
I gave mine the name "Dickson Ballsy", and i guess you know why...

Reactions: John Ness

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
If you don't like anything else but the Jake stuff(which is shocking because there's nothing special at all there from him), then that's fine and I'm not going to try to change your mind on it. My only goal was to clear up that we indeed saw the "big bad" already. You not liking it at all is a whole other thing and I frankly have no interest is discussing it. You not getting those scenes just mean you weren't doing the corruption route.

I will say though, I find it funny that you liked Jake's stuff when he was basically being manipulated by Ella and the 1st Numbered Monster during that whole thing. The thing you "detested".
The reason for me why that arc was working as Jake positioned as the villain wasn't because he was "the ultimate villain".
In fact, if it turned out to be that Ella is indeed just a super maniac that wants to murder everyone in the world, that would make this whole story work. Yet hints are there that this wont be the case.

The antagonist of an arc can easily not be the superb villain of them all and make it work. Thing is... Who is the villain of any arc after him? Like.... MC fights some undead knight. Govt comes after him.
And mind you, there should be some more super corrupt options that shouldn't lead down a direct dead end, if we want to have a branch where MC IS the villain. As it stands, I don't understand who I'm supposed to root for or against.

This is one of those situations where the writer does worldbuilding to the extreme detriment of the narrative itself.

Sub-note to this point: After ditching the school setting, there should've %110 been a "Kratos / Alex Mercer" route. (I.e. KILL EVERYTHING that mildly annoys you) That was the logical break point for that. To prevent that, you start unveiling more and more godlike new characters, again, a very tiresome anime trope. Like, if you can move instanteanously to another continent and wipe an entire mountain off the map, Valran would take that middle aged wind guy 0.11 seconds to end.

So the whole point of that fight is just.... gone.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
The reason for me why that arc was working as Jake positioned as the villain wasn't because he was "the ultimate villain".
In fact, if it turned out to be that Ella is indeed just a super maniac that wants to murder everyone in the world, that would make this whole story work. Yet hints are there that this wont be the case.

The antagonist of an arc can easily not be the superb villain of them all and make it work. Thing is... Who is the villain of any arc after him? Like.... MC fights some undead knight. Govt comes after him.
And mind you, there should be some more super corrupt options that shouldn't lead down a direct dead end, if we want to have a branch where MC IS the villain. As it stands, I don't understand who I'm supposed to root for or against.

This is one of those situations where the writer does worldbuilding to the extreme detriment of the narrative itself.

Sub-note to this point: After ditching the school setting, there should've %110 been a "Kratos / Alex Mercer" route. (I.e. KILL EVERYTHING that mildly annoys you) That was the logical break point for that. To prevent that, you start unveiling more and more godlike new characters, again, a very tiresome anime trope. Like, if you can move instanteanously to another continent and wipe an entire mountain off the map, Valran would take that middle aged wind guy 0.11 seconds to end.

First, a game does not need to work as an anime and have a defined villain through and through, it can have a hidden villain to create a mistery of sorts that lead players to wonder or in the case of this one, an anti-hero that leads the MC to some hidden agenda and wants said MC through some tough love to discover for himself what kind of hero he wants to be, meanwhile accomplishing her plans on the background, that is called later on a Denouement, that is when the nods of the plot finally becomes clear...

Second, the plot doesn't need an even more corrupt govt option because there is only one govt, it would need to be a 3th party or a outside influence, but H.E.R.O. already plays the part in the outside influence by being the "for humanity protection" front scheme, the govt itself even tries to recruit the MC, you don't need to understand who to root for or against, you need to understand with wich the MC has the most power later on wich i will explain in my subsequent points...

Third, if this is too much world building for you, i really don't wish to know wich 20 minutes completion time games you play on your spare time, because i have seen some detrimental world building and this is not it my friend...

Final point, there 220% didn't need to have a "Kratos / Alex Mercer" route because at that point H.E.R.O. wanted to boost the image of the now revealed identity of the MC to with that push foward their reveal as well and with an iconic hero to boot, and him facing Valran instead of the wind guy was a tactical move for that, to make the MC a true hero because lets face it, having an old man blasting Valran and half the city with it with people not even being able to keep up with what happened is not very hero like, with the MC as face of HERO he can literally overthow the people in power there later and be the head seeing that his kind occupies more than 90% of its man power and seeing as even the old man is unhappybeing there the way it is at the moment...

It seens its not the game that is giving you reasons to dislike it, you are the one creating reasons and expectations of what you would have liked to be in it that are really not.

Last edited:

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
First, a game does not need to work as an anime and have a defined villain through and through, it can have a hidden villain to create a mistery of sorts that lead players to wonder or in the case of this one, an anti-hero that leads the MC to some hidden agenda and wants said MC through some tough love to discover for himself what kind of hero he wants to be, meanwhile accomplishing her plans on the background, that is called later on a Denouement, that is when the nods of the plot finally becomes clear...

Second, the plot doesn't need an even more corrupt govt option because there is only one govt, it would need to be a 3th party or a outside influence, but H.E.R.O. already plays the part in the outside influence by being the "for humanity protection" front scheme, the govt itself even tries to recruit the MC, you don't need to understand who to root for or against, you need to understand with wich the MC has the most power later on wich i will explain in my subsequent points...

Third, if this is too much world building for you, i really don't wish to know wich 20 minutes completion time games you play on your spare time, because i have seen some detrimental world building and this is not it my friend...

Final point, there 220% didn't need to have a "Kratos / Alex Mercer" route because at that point H.E.R.O. wanted to boost the image of the now revealed identity of the MC to with that push foward their reveal as well and with an iconic hero to boot, and him facing Valran instead of the wind guy was a tactical move for that, to make the MC a true hero because lets face it, having an old man blasting Valran and half the city with it with people not even being able to keep up with what happened is not very hero like, with the MC as face of HERO he can literally overthow the people in power there later and be the head seeing that his kind occupies more than 90% of its man power and seeing as even the old man is unhappybeing there the way it is at the moment...

It seens its not the game that is giving you reasons to dislike it, you are the one creating reasons and expectations of what you would have liked to be in it that are really not.
I find it interesting that instead of engaging the intellectual points I laid out, you laid out an attack against me?
"Third, if this is too much world building for you, i really don't wish to know wich 20 minutes completion time games you play on your spare time, because i have seen some detrimental world building and this is not it my friend..."
On average, my gameplay time tends to be in heavily invested RPGs, almost all with heavy worldbuilding elements. I enjoy long narratives, have years of reading experience in both western comics ( entire arcs spanning multiple years at a time) and manga ( again, multiple year long arcs).

I am extremely particular to what you might call "world logic." When a setting lays out certain rules, but then starts breaking them down the line for little to no reason, it's called jumping a shark. The appearance of the wind guy was as big a one as you can get. It literally shifted the entire story sideways. Because now, the world logic is inconsistent.

HERO wants a symbol? They have 5 ready made from the sounds of it. Instead of MC, the wind dude wipes the floor with valran, instant public approval. You want to get modern world savvy? You play on the social media trope, how quickly it takes for a new fad to take hold. You plaster memes of this wind dude all over the socials, Homelander style.

As it is, what you have is the most convoluted public relations storyline ever. And it doesn't make sense. And that's happening because you just broke your own world logic. This is what I meant extreme detriment to the narrative. This is the exact problem the show "Heroes" ran into in its second season, derailing an incredible show into unwatchable garbage.

Funny enough, it was almost the exact same way its own logic derailed itself with this story.

Reactions: necromater

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
I find it interesting that instead of engaging the intellectual points I laid out, you laid out an attack against me?
"Third, if this is too much world building for you, i really don't wish to know wich 20 minutes completion time games you play on your spare time, because i have seen some detrimental world building and this is not it my friend..."
On average, my gameplay time tends to be in heavily invested RPGs, almost all with heavy worldbuilding elements. I enjoy long narratives, have years of reading experience in both western comics ( entire arcs spanning multiple years at a time) and manga ( again, multiple year long arcs).

I am extremely particular to what you might call "world logic." When a setting lays out certain rules, but then starts breaking them down the line for little to no reason, it's called jumping a shark. The appearance of the wind guy was as big a one as you can get. It literally shifted the entire story sideways. Because now, the world logic is inconsistent.

HERO wants a symbol? They have 5 ready made from the sounds of it. Instead of MC, the wind dude wipes the floor with valran, instant public approval. You want to get modern world savvy? You play on the social media trope, how quickly it takes for a new fad to take hold. You plaster memes of this wind dude all over the socials, Homelander style.

As it is, what you have is the most convoluted public relations storyline ever. And it doesn't make sense. And that's happening because you just broke your own world logic. This is what I meant extreme detriment to the narrative. This is the exact problem the show "Heroes" ran into in its second season, derailing an incredible show into unwatchable garbage.

Funny enough, it was almost the exact same way its own logic derailed itself with this story.
OH no. no heroes that went from got style to a burning crap piece of generic novel then went full retard you never go full retard i hope this mostly stays firefly that one was good i mean i'm not asking The big bang theory that ended before getting Boring well mostly. Lets hope ww keeps the story up and dont go my hero academia. Or attack on titán bittersweet ending

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
If that's the case, I'm even more disappointed.

The "Eldritch Horror monsters x3( or x5, x7)" is also an anime trope I detest. Problem here is the villains.

If indeed some faceless 5 is the ultimate villains..... Sorry, that's just a horrible execution of this already hard to pull trope. I saw ( I think 3) of these monsters, and yet I was still under the impression they were just instinct driven horrors from another dimension etc. That's a failure to communicate the facts from the author.

Bruh Commento Highlight #14269

bebroeater

May 7, 2022
Please note that I'm talking about a medium-high public opinion situation, I'm unsure if there's any major changes at this point in the story if you have low public opinion.
The MC was already well-known and popular at this point in the story, he already was a symbol of superhumans. Now if HERO tried making one of the captains oneshot Valravn and making memes about that, using social media to promote themselves, basically getting the public on their side, I don't think it'll ever come close to the same level of impact on the public as it did when the MC fought Valravn. People would see that and honestly probably become even more scared, this monster got hit with a tank shell and didn't even flinch, but then some random guy just one shots it? Do you really think people would be at ease knowing that there was somebody capable of easily obliterating it? At this point, people didn't know HERO existed, if a captain really did oneshot Valravn, it'd probably cause the public to panic, since they don't know anything about HERO, about their motives, but they sure know that they're capable of destroying them all, by the looks of it. By making the MC fight Valravn, they ensured that the public would be much more welcoming of HERO, since the MC is a celebritiy at this point. The reason HERO showed the wind dude oneshotting that monster was to show power, after they secured the public opinion, because now the MC is a part of HERO, and people love the MC.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017

HERO was a secret society before the MC identity was revealed and they had their eyes on him for some time for a plan that is not yet revealed, when his identity is discovered they don't want him to become enemy number one like the govt was painting him to be and decided to use him to defeat Valran to change that and at the same time continue with their plans without having to be a secret society anymore, you seen to not be paying attention to the game dialog and game itself as you have not seen that.

Like i said before, you're laying foundations that were never there to begin with, expecting a story that has been a somewhat slow burn so far in relation to MC power to go to Homelander arrives for no reason when the plot demands that he doesn't because of reason that are more or less explained is just asking to be disappointed, i've seen a lot of comments, almost all and it seens like you're the only one that goes the "writing and narrative is bad" route, most go "art style is ..." or "Ella sucks" or even "MC evolves too slow", but i rarelly if none ever saw someone complaining about narrative on the level you're going.

I understand you have your own expectations and preference, and i do admit that the "20min" comment was uncalled for, but still, judging a game plot that is still missing a big chunk of it is highly uncalled for, best thing i would recommend you would be to return once the game is tagged as "complete" and then you can give your full opnion on the matter.

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

Right now in the story the main antagonist is Ella. She's been working behind the scenes to challenge the MC so he grows stronger and is responsible for Kenny, Klaus, Jake and Deryl all fighting against the MC. The Dark Monster God as well as the numbered monsters and others are working on something in the background, but it hasn't been revealed what they've been up to. We also don't know what Ella needs the MC strong for, but the plot is still relatively early for this game.

This game is also a VN with one writer/developer. There isn't the time to put on timely update and include multiple branching storylines, so there can't be a route where you work with H.E.R.O. and one where you go rogue. That's just too much work for one person to put in each update.

There is the option to go on a limited murder spree by killing the security at the Prime Ministers office and the police at the mall, but if the MC continued on that path at this point in the story he'd be killed by H.E.R.O. and they'd use a stand in to impersonate him. The worldbuilding that has been done has established the MC is a small fish swimming with sharks at this point in time.

Dexter Millikin explains to the MC before they send him to fight Valravyn why the 5 captains or Nico can't just kill Valravyn, they've already tried. Valravyn can teleport through darkness and everytime they sent someone powerful after him he ran away.

The main point of the why they have the MC fight Valravyn and set up the MC as the public face of H.E.R.O is because he's weak enough that Valravyn won't run away from him, and because Deus hasn't done his job of warning them when the H.E.R.O. would be publicly exposed.

They might have used wind guy instead of the MC but their footage of Valravyn fighting the military, then disappearing as soon as wind guy showed up wouldn't have been as compelling to the public that they needed H.E.R.O. to protect them.

Any fiction will inevitably have plot holes in it, but I don't see what you've pointed out as being particularly jarring examples.

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
This is the mother of the MC, correct? Or am I misunderstanding things?
Captqure.PNG

I want to clear up my confusion because I have screenshots of every superhuman and monster and I gave this image the name Dream Sequence, and I haven't touched this game since the update, so I am forgetting stuff.

Additional question : Do we currently know what happened to the MC's mom at this point in time??

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
This is the mother of the MC, correct? Or am I misunderstanding things?
View attachment 2233024

I want to clear up my confusion because I have screenshots of every superhuman and monster and I gave this image the name Dream Sequence, and I haven't touched this game since the update, so I am forgetting stuff.

Additional question : Do we currently know what happened to the MC's mom at this point in time??
This came up in a flashback that the MC had about his mother. We don't know if that was his mother, or a monster that attacked his mother.

We know the MC's mom died and his dad won't tell him what happened, and the MC can't remember.

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
the power balance after that wind guy vs rock titan actually reminded me of One Punch Man in its world lore and general state, only hero-monster war is not public, and 5 "S-tier heroes" are actually founders, not "employees" . So while some of them might genuinely work tirelessly to defend general populace(like that friendly fire(?) dude you meet at the mess hall), others might have their own agendas or busy with their own stuff(eg, Metal Knight or Blast from OPM) , and overall they are not taking orders from anyone. Doctor guy might have some leverage though, as they seem to listen to him, but that power dynamic is yet to be explained.

As regards to the Valravn fight, besides someone already pointing out that he tends to flee from stronger opponents, I think the main point of this fight was to test the newbie and to also gain some more rep for MC and by extension HERO . In worst case, MC would make a nice bait at least(it's not like can use 5-tier powers in the middle of the city, so keeping him distracted and in one place was necessary for some precision work).

Besides, you don't see likes of Steve Bezos or Bill Gates going around doing tech support or deliveries. If Valravn is considered small fry, they might only feel the need to step in only when all the down-the-ladder options fail. It does leave me wondering on the power level of monsters that can give pause to those 5, however, and how they managed to keep those fights secret. Perhaps, it's just through sheer numbers that they are kept busy, or maybe the warp/tp real tough opponents far enough that those fights wouldn't be noticed(like to the moon, or deep under ocean)

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
the power balance after that wind guy vs rock titan actually reminded me of One Punch Man in its world lore and general state, only hero-monster war is not public, and 5 "S-tier heroes" are actually founders, not "employees" . So while some of them might genuinely work tirelessly to defend general populace(like that friendly fire(?) dude you meet at the mess hall), others might have their own agendas or busy with their own stuff(eg, Metal Knight or Blast from OPM) , and overall they are not taking orders from anyone. Doctor guy might have some leverage though, as they seem to listen to him, but that power dynamic is yet to be explained.

As regards to the Valravn fight, besides someone already pointing out that he tends to flee from stronger opponents, I think the main point of this fight was to test the newbie and to also gain some more rep for MC and by extension HERO . In worst case, MC would make a nice bait at least(it's not like can use 5-tier powers in the middle of the city, so keeping him distracted and in one place was necessary for some precision work).

Besides, you don't see likes of Steve Bezos or Bill Gates going around doing tech support or deliveries. If Valravn is considered small fry, they might only feel the need to step in only when all the down-the-ladder options fail. It does leave me wondering on the power level of monsters that can give pause to those 5, however, and how they managed to keep those fights secret. Perhaps, it's just through sheer numbers that they are kept busy, or maybe the warp/tp real tough opponents far enough that those fights wouldn't be noticed(like to the moon, or deep under ocean)
They did mention something about Valran dark miasma that protects him against the teleportation power as well as his shadow cloak, that might be the reason why they can't use the lvl5's against him, because maybe that dark miasma protects him against elemental powers or something like that, seeing as Lucifer is a fire element, old man is wind element and the teleportation girl power is around i can assume elemental energy, then none of them can directly attack, only one suited for the task would be the MC that has highly physical aptitude, i can be wrong here but based on what i've played so far, it feels like thats the issue and hence why i said that the plot demanded that no lvl5 revealed could go agains't Valran.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
HERO was a secret society before the MC identity was revealed and they had their eyes on him for some time for a plan that is not yet revealed, when his identity is discovered they don't want him to become enemy number one like the govt was painting him to be and decided to use him to defeat Valran to change that and at the same time continue with their plans without having to be a secret society anymore, you seen to not be paying attention to the game dialog and game itself as you have not seen that.

Like i said before, you're laying foundations that were never there to begin with, expecting a story that has been a somewhat slow burn so far in relation to MC power to go to Homelander arrives for no reason when the plot demands that he doesn't because of reason that are more or less explained is just asking to be disappointed, i've seen a lot of comments, almost all and it seens like you're the only one that goes the "writing and narrative is bad" route, most go "art style is ..." or "Ella sucks" or even "MC evolves too slow", but i rarelly if none ever saw someone complaining about narrative on the level you're going.

I understand you have your own expectations and preference, and i do admit that the "20min" comment was uncalled for, but still, judging a game plot that is still missing a big chunk of it is highly uncalled for, best thing i would recommend you would be to return once the game is tagged as "complete" and then you can give your full opnion on the matter.
Well ella does suck really well per her own words XD.

Reactions: RogueEagle

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Soooooo!. What do you think alice gonna get when she evolves looks like that strawberry blonde cake is cooked.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

Chin up you know you are doing well when they attack you on a personal level. thats the way it is.there are mean people here like when they break my balls about my grammar even when i'm just learning english now lets move on .before he comes after me .

Reactions: RogueEagle
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes