Jun 19, 2019
On one hand Jake is gone in my full corruption run; on the other hand Danica is back in my 0 corruption run...
Well, guess my mc will be joining the good guys side after all. As uncle Ben once said: "with great power comes great responsibilitits" :BootyTime:
Imagine simping for a low tier girl like Danica.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
What is the superhero name of your main character?

I named mine "FuckFace" it suits him, in a way. Besides, it's always funny when people talk about "FuckFace" as a superhero
I've said it multiple times but my hero name is "Darkness" after the game/comic series. It fits my antihero playstyle and everyone in game sounds edgy when they say "the world needs Darkness".

• Haha
Reactions: John Ness

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
I guess you are fan of "Terminus Reach" I am also a fan of other Talothral game "Sorcerer"
Terminus reach is a Good Game & so was Sorcerer sad that it was abandon.

but no my Hero's name wasn't inspired by Either Game, it is from a 1986 movie called The Wraith

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
I gotta say.... I'm digging the Alex Mercer of this all.
The problem I had playing through this for the first time is... the anime approach to it all.
At the cost of making this a little more linear a story, I think some more characters could and honestly should've been killed off.

Yes, many dead ends from what I saw, but stakes still doesnt feel "there", since the "big bad" of it all never showed up once, (this is very anime, so it aint Ella), and the trope of "backup team with wide ranging powers but weaker" trope being there, yet no one really dying is kinda breaking the tension a bit.
It's a bit sad that super training ( at every chance you get) didnt seem to make a whole lot difference.

Other than that, cool story. Art is AI generated at many places, if I'm not mistaken?
I can see the stable diffusion-like backgrounds at places.

Edit: I named my guy Prototype, since ffs, that's like almost a one to one copy.

May 9, 2019
I named him Biological, it was a class in armorgames' Sonny. It made sense, his prowess is both physical and he generates venoms and poisons. Just like the class did.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I gotta say.... I'm digging the Alex Mercer of this all.
The problem I had playing through this for the first time is... the anime approach to it all.
At the cost of making this a little more linear a story, I think some more characters could and honestly should've been killed off.

Yes, many dead ends from what I saw, but stakes still doesnt feel "there", since the "big bad" of it all never showed up once, (this is very anime, so it aint Ella), and the trope of "backup team with wide ranging powers but weaker" trope being there, yet no one really dying is kinda breaking the tension a bit.
It's a bit sad that super training ( at every chance you get) didnt seem to make a whole lot difference.

Other than that, cool story. Art is AI generated at many places, if I'm not mistaken?
I can see the stable diffusion-like backgrounds at places.

Edit: I named my guy Prototype, since ffs, that's like almost a one to one copy.
We've already seen the big bad(s). The Numbered Monsters are the threat of the game. We've also seen the most powerful creature in the Glowing Eye monster from the Dead End with Ella, the MC's dream after Evolution lvl 2, and this update with Valravn's flashback. That's most likely the strongest being in the game.

You might've missed the 1st, 3rd and 4th Numbered appearing more if you don't play into corruption. You'll definitely see the 2nd after Michael beats the lightning monster.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
Anyone willing to make some notations of all the monster speech when you have high corruption?
My main save isn't 0 corruption, but it's less than 20 even by the end.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Anyone willing to make some notations of all the monster speech when you have high corruption?
My main save isn't 0 corruption, but it's less than 20 even by the end.
No problem. I got you below. I might post all the numbered monsters again too since I haven't added the 2nd to the post.

"Weakness. Disgusting. Kill the weakness inside you. We are mean't for- Eat. Consume. Consume everything. You need to consume everything. Every option, every opportunity, consume. Because if you don't... More. We need more. Every opportunity. Every single one. Always devour. Always. Our end requires it. Absolute power. It's within our grasp. But we cannot abide weakness. And above all- Above all. Above everything. We need to devour. Fate- Fate has provided all. All the nourishment we require... It has laid out for us. All we need to do is take-"

And that's it. That's all what the Monster said throughout the dream sequence this update. I might have missed one of the dialogues but this should be all of it.

Also here's my corruption playthrough stats for those curious:

Power - 83 Skill - 18 Corruption - 24

• Wow
Reactions: Doom Marine

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
No problem. I got you below. I might post all the numbered monsters again too since I haven't added the 2nd to the post.
Thank you for your service.

I found a save file I had that actually had more corruption than my main one simply by choosing the correct routes, without the need to kill innocent people too(as far as I remember), so might make it my main. I am guessing the gibberish before the second evo is just impossible to understand.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

I found a save file I had that actually had more corruption than my main one simply by choosing the correct routes, without the need to kill innocent people too(as far as I remember), so might make it my main. I am guessing the gibberish before the second evo is just impossible to understand.
You have to kill Danica to get that one during evolution. As for the other times before that, you can't because it's not possible.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
We've already seen the big bad(s). The Numbered Monsters are the threat of the game. We've also seen the most powerful creature in the Glowing Eye monster from the Dead End with Ella, the MC's dream after Evolution lvl 2, and this update with Valravn's flashback. That's most likely the strongest being in the game.

You might've missed the 1st, 3rd and 4th Numbered appearing more if you don't play into corruption. You'll definitely see the 2nd after Michael beats the lightning monster.
If that's the case, I'm even more disappointed.

The "Eldritch Horror monsters x3( or x5, x7)" is also an anime trope I detest. Problem here is the villains.

Don't get me wrong, I can go with a "let's form a rebellion to overthrow a fascist one-world government" plot. Or a "Ella fighting the HERO org and all the government with what little options she has" story thread. That'd make both her into a sympathetic villain, and government into an understandable position.

If indeed some faceless 5 is the ultimate villains..... Sorry, that's just a horrible execution of this already hard to pull trope. I saw ( I think 3) of these monsters, and yet I was still under the impression they were just instinct driven horrors from another dimension etc. That's a failure to communicate the facts from the author.

I was super into the story when Jake took his villain route. That was very well executed. As soon as that arc closed out, this story started floundering on my first playthru, and now I can see why. It's a villain definition problem.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

Your monster parent says a garbled version of "Spawn consume her" while you're in your second evolution

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017

The "Eldritch Horror monsters x3( or x5, x7)" is also an anime trope I detest. Problem here is the villains.

Don't get me wrong, I can go with a "let's form a rebellion to overthrow a fascist one-world government" plot. Or a "Ella fighting the HERO org and all the government with what little options she has" story thread. That'd make both her into a sympathetic villain, and government into an understandable position.

If indeed some faceless 5 is the ultimate villains..... Sorry, that's just a horrible execution of this already hard to pull trope. I saw ( I think 3) of these monsters, and yet I was still under the impression they were just instinct driven horrors from another dimension etc. That's a failure to communicate the facts from the author.

I was super into the story when Jake took his villain route. That was very well executed. As soon as that arc closed out, this story started floundering on my first playthru, and now I can see why. It's a villain definition problem.
It seens like the problem is your understanding of the game, Jake was never a villain, he was just a dude trying to save his friend, he made some mistakes? Yes, did he kill anyone when he had the chance? nope, only in one occasion but even then he was stopped so he never really became full evil since he always had the intention of fighting Ella...
Second, there are no defined villains yet unless you consider creatures that spread through the city forest because of Ellas mistake, most of the so called "villains" are creatures acting on instinct or creatures that are after Ella herself for some reason she doesn't want to reveal yet...
Only villain i've found so far is the mistery itself, except for Klaus(whatever way you spell it) all others seen to be either following orders or have some pretty strong motive, nothing that would label them as villains...
And sincerelly, why there must be a villain as a plot center? I find games way more trope when they pull the "there is a villain to fight" instead of "there is a mistery to solve"...
I personally never saw this game as "big bad villain to slay" copy and paste that a lot of games use, but as a mistery to solve game, but everyone has their view and opnion.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017

There eldritch horrors are more of a mystery/horror point for now. We don't know a lot about them, but they do give some good opportunities for the plot.
The fact there are another species threatening humanity brings out the challenge of fighting said threat despite our polarized society and individualistic nature. H.E.R.O is severely limiting the freedom of superhumans by demanding them to show up to their doors. Innocent people that lived normal lives but were attacked by monsters and survived are now by law required to be affiliated with some monster fighting organization. Not only that, their arsenal of ever growing superhumans by itself already makes them the single most powerful entity by a overwhelming margin. But, the monster threat makes H.E.R.O seem like a necessary evil to humanity, they are still a threat by themselves.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

If you don't like anything else but the Jake stuff(which is shocking because there's nothing special at all there from him), then that's fine and I'm not going to try to change your mind on it. My only goal was to clear up that we indeed saw the "big bad" already. You not liking it at all is a whole other thing and I frankly have no interest is discussing it. You not getting those scenes just mean you weren't doing the corruption route.

I will say though, I find it funny that you liked Jake's stuff when he was basically being manipulated by Ella and the 1st Numbered Monster during that whole thing. The thing you "detested".

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes