masonwile

Dec 2, 2019
As for the cross species stuff, it's stated to be an 8th Generation monster(if I'm reading the card right) so I'm guessing there was a lot of cross infections until it reached Leigong.
This implies a monster can be infected by another, and, given the percentages, seems to be far more probable than pure descendants. Have we been told this is possible? And, if it is possible, is it also more probable?

I don't think the MC was infected by both the 3rd and the 4th. They're working together and both show up when the MC is infected, but only one of the 2 does the actual infection. Valravyn also call the MC the spawn of one of the two specifically based on which one infected you in the beginning.
As for the MC being a spawn of the 3rd and 4th, I guess we got our answer now. It seems to be what everyone thought it was for the MC. I believe I said it somewhere in the past but I believe whoever you choose, you'll be their spawn while the other fills out the rest during the infection process. So now we officially know why we only have acknowledgement of a single monster and not both by Valravn and The Fairy.
Didn't we always know that MC was a Progeny of both? Admittedly, I tend to leave gaps when reading this thread, so I'm not too aware of the common opinions here. I've always interpreted that scene as choosing a primary Progenitor, rather than sole Progenitor. So Valravn and Fairy only talk about the Primary, but both are MC's... lovely Mommy and Pappy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Danica was one level above MC when (if) that happens. And devouring is the power path, so as long MC devouring Ella happens when they're both on their 5th evolution it should not be too hard, especially if MC already beat her one on one...

More important is why should Ella be the ultimate antagonist? Sure, she does some pretty terrible things, but is it all just because she is just evil, or is her hand forced and she just tries to deal with the cards she's been handed?
She's been giving some mixed signals in the story and we know there's way more happening then what we see...
Ella has some pact with monsters, but we've already seen in a dead end even Ella does not see the whole picture...
(too much power too soon...)

Even if you tell everything about Ella there's nothing they do not already know.... Clark tells pretty much what you know when Ella steals the serum....

That's not how a geas works, basically a geas is a magical command given to another creature, the creature must hear and understand it or it will not work. You can resist a geas but it will cause your system to break down (you wither) so it's "do this or die slowly"... With MC's regeneration it's even plausible that alone could prevent the geas from ever killing him...
Maybe the Taboo can be used without the person noticing it (something Cole coughing blood scene confirms) but the geas and the promise need a verbal part... Then again, it's not DnD ruleset lol..
We see the Geas used against Cole. Charlie didn't have to say anything, she could do it just by looking at him. We also see the consequences of a broken Geas when Deryl started to confess Ella's plans to the MC.
It was pointed out that Charlie did something to the MC when Ella had her stare at the MC and ask if she was done.
The strongest part of Charlies power apparently requires the person to make a vow. With the amount of control Ella had over Deryl it's likely she got him to swear an oath, and that whatever happens to the MC will be less powerful.
I also don't think the Geas has anything to do with DnD rules at all. The concept predated DnD.

Reactions: EndlessNights

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This implies a monster can be infected by another, and, given the percentages, seems to be far more probable than pure descendants. Have we been told this is possible? And, if it is possible, is it also more probable?

Didn't we always know that MC was a Progeny of both? Admittedly, I tend to leave gaps when reading this thread, so I'm not too aware of the common opinions here. I've always interpreted that scene as choosing a primary Progenitor, rather than sole Progenitor. So Valravn and Fairy only talk about the Primary, but both are MC's... lovely Mommy and Pappy.
I don't think we've had a similar scenario with cross infections in game yet but the fact that Minyak wanted our seed to make powerful offspring kinda points in the direction that they can get all mixed up. Maybe there's other monsters that can breed with others and they criss cross over generations until the line ends. Or maybe it's possible for the really powerful ones to infect the lesser monsters and their future spawn does something similar?

As for the 3rd and 4th stuff. It's not really definitive that they're both our parent. It's most likely that only the singular monster that infected us during that scene has complete parentage over us. The new percentage stuff would explain why our powers are the same no matter who we chose in the beginning.

Also from your other post about the 3rd. It's Ella's monster parent. We already knew that for a while now because Ella told us already but Valravn confirmed it when you meet him the first time. She also might have a similar situation like us but was more compatible with the 3rd so that's her daddy.

Danica was one level above MC when (if) that happens. And devouring is the power path, so as long MC devouring Ella happens when they're both on their 5th evolution it should not be too hard, especially if MC already beat her one on one...

More important is why should Ella be the ultimate antagonist? Sure, she does some pretty terrible things, but is it all just because she is just evil, or is her hand forced and she just tries to deal with the cards she's been handed?
She's been giving some mixed signals in the story and we know there's way more happening then what we see...
Ella has some pact with monsters, but we've already seen in a dead end even Ella does not see the whole picture...

Even if you tell everything about Ella there's nothing they do not already know.... Clark tells pretty much what you know when Ella steals the serum....
You do know there's still a gap in power even at lvl 5 right? Ella's power is most likely vastly beyond the MC. Even if he reached lvl 5, the gap would still be enormous. Also no one's making Ella to be the ultimate villain. I'm telling the person I was responding to of what might've happened if you tried to eat her. It being an Endgame ending doesn't mean Ella was the final boss. I just meant that if you ate her, that would be a negative consequence at the end.

As for the snitching stuff, they didn't know that the MC was visited by 2 monsters or that Ella was working with them among other things.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
We see the Geas used against Cole. Charlie didn't have to say anything, she could do it just by looking at him. We also see the consequences of a broken Geas when Deryl started to confess Ella's plans to the MC.
It was pointed out that Charlie did something to the MC when Ella had her stare at the MC and ask if she was done.
The strongest part of Charlies power apparently requires the person to make a vow. With the amount of control Ella had over Deryl it's likely she got him to swear an oath, and that whatever happens to the MC will be less powerful.
I also don't think the Geas has anything to do with DnD rules at all. The concept predated DnD.
the concept of geas predates DnD indeed, but that does not mean it's something totally different....
The geas is a command the victim needs to fulfil, an order to do something.... Cole can't be coughing blood when he attacks Charlie, that's only possible from the Taboo.... The geas put on a person compels him to make an action or die if he does not complete the order...

You do know there's still a gap in power even at lvl 5 right?
Of course, that much is clear, but it's not a given, there's more factors... Just like it's not a given a level 2 will always beat a level 1.... What i said was if MC beats Ella in a one on one fight while both of them are level 5, it's not a given either that Ella would even be strong enough to even resist him when he "eats" her. (the nasty version, not the sexy)
I can't imagine her willpower will be that good after losing to MC, their powers are to similar, if her power was that much greater she would not have lost to begin with... And the eating people is pretty much the corruption/power path...

Danica was a level higher than MC and it happened before he fought Jake... There's really no reason to assume Ella will always be stronger, the whole purpose of her turning him is because he might be "the one"... The perfect evolution...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TerminusPrime

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
the concept of geas predates DnD indeed, but that does not mean it's something totally different....
The geas is a command the victim needs to fulfil, an order to do something.... Cole can't be coughing blood when he attacks Charlie, that's only possible from the Taboo.... The geas put on a person compels him to make an action or die if he does not complete the order...

Of course, that much is clear, but it's not a given, there's more factors... Just like it's not a given a level 2 will always beat a level 1.... What i said was if MC beats Ella in a one on one fight while both of them are level 5, it's not a given either that Ella would even be strong enough to even resist him when he "eats" her. (the nasty version, not the sexy)
I can't imagine her willpower will be that good after losing to MC, their powers are to similar, if her power was that much greater she would not have lost to begin with... And the eating people is pretty much the corruption/power path...

Danica was a level higher than MC and it happened before he fought Jake... There's really no reason to assume Ella will always be stronger, the whole purpose of her turning him is because he might be "the one"... The perfect evolution...
There's also no reason to assume that Ella would stop progressing and that the MC can just close the gap. Him beating her wouldn't all of sudden mean that's he's much more powerful than her either nor does it even guarantee that she would be easier to devour afterwards. The MC beat Valravn and we know for sure his power is beyond the MC.

I'm not even sure why you mentioned corruption and power path like Ella wouldn't already be above him in both as well. As for the chosen thing, we don't even know why she needs them so saying that's the whole purpose is mostly false. Even if it was the case, it was a "maybe" and not even definitive.

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021

That's not how a geas works, basically a geas is a magical command given to another creature, the creature must hear and understand it or it will not work. You can resist a geas but it will cause your system to break down (you wither) so it's "do this or die slowly"... With MC's regeneration it's even plausible that alone could prevent the geas from ever killing him...
Maybe the Taboo can be used without the person noticing it (something Cole coughing blood scene confirms) but the geas and the promise need a verbal part... Then again, it's not DnD ruleset lol..

I must have missed this Geas detail that's some Code Geas thing right there but wouldn't the MC be able to break it similar to what he did with Jake once MC evolves, at least I think so. Nyx could revive if she'd given him a mark or just do it outright

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
There is a distinct possibility that we might be overthinking things since not a lot of characters are not morally good...maybe morally grey in some regards, others more twisted, let's not assume the end game since there is probably still more content ahead before the ending, like expanding more on the creatures and such.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Hmmm, so Leigong's origin is a mix between Numbers 2, 6, and 10. I wonder how that works.

Is it similar to MC's case, with multiple Numbered working together to infect a promising candidate? Or some other mechanic?

One mechanic could simply be that, as we already know, the Progeny tend to mutate into entities with powers that are derived from their Progenitors rather than identical to them. Maybe these mutations are still actually within the scope of the powers of all the Numbered, so these mutations cause fluctuations in the Origin percentages?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not fond of the first scenario. Takes away from the uniqueness of MC's situation (even though he is literally the only other Progeny of Numbers 3 and 4 to have ever existed).

Or am I being a dumdum and has this already been explained?

Also, the idea of secular Leigong is hilarious. Guess WW meant reclusive, but got confused with secluded.

Why you wanna bully poor darling Ella? She just needs love, y'know, SHE JUST NEEDS LOVE! :BootyTime:

EDIT: Looking at the Minyak profile given below, seems like the second mechanism I've postulated might be correct. That is, if we're to believe Valravn that Numbers 3 and 4 have never created Progeny before... Actually, could actually be a mistake on my part and only Number 4 (Mommery) has never had Progeny before, while Valravn's statement regarding Number 3 (Body) might actually imply that it only has two immediate Progeny currently in existence. Hmmm...
MC needs to learn to clone himself give one clone per member of the harem and a lot of issues get fix doing that. And on ella side you either kill her or love her cus she takes hate as love and gonna make MC a Living hell just so she is the most imortant person for the MC Kind like the joker and Batman and i mean flashpoint versión.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

Mommy is an ara ara hentai one and i also thinks we just pick the main progenitor, she was way to happy when she got to nail the MC.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
And ella is not the main villain nor the most cruel cunt but the yandere is strong in her XD. She is like a cat all proud and the way she shows love is the same.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

I think the term Geas in the game is being used technically incorrectly. Deryl broke the geas by trying to tell the MC what Ella's plans where, it was meant to prevent an action. Charlie also told Cole she was using the Geas and Taboo parts of her powers to prevent him from hurting monster Deryl.
Ella also has a specific purpose that she made the MC, she doesn't seem to be trying to make him the perfect Evolution. She needs a superhuman that has a specific power and she doesn't want it to be the MC. Whatever she has planned is something that she feels guilty about since she likes the MC, so it's likely going for him to be used as a sacrifice or as the host body to reawaken an ancient powerful monster so it will have a physical form again. Though I think many predictions will be off by a bit since we don't have enough information yet.
Her list of possible superhumans for that purpose were the MC, Jake or the jocks James or Kenny. It was pointed out earlier in the thread that each of them has a common ability for telepathy, which could be what she needs from the MC.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Huh must have missed this details somewhere, well am planning to reply it once the new update comes out
If you ask about a book on Evolution in the library in this update he tells you that you shouldn't be chasing after evolutions, they're not always a good thing. He then says there was one person that had 4 evolutions in 4 days, and that after all that he's stuck wearing a clown costume.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think the term Geas in the game is being used technically incorrectly. Deryl broke the geas by trying to tell the MC what Ella's plans where, it was meant to prevent an action. Charlie also told Cole she was using the Geas and Taboo parts of her powers to prevent him from hurting monster Deryl.
Ella also has a specific purpose that she made the MC, she doesn't seem to be trying to make him the perfect Evolution. She needs a superhuman that has a specific power and she doesn't want it to be the MC. Whatever she has planned is something that she feels guilty about since she likes the MC, so it's likely going for him to be used as a sacrifice or as the host body to reawaken an ancient powerful monster so it will have a physical form again. Though I think many predictions will be off by a bit since we don't have enough information yet.
Her list of possible superhumans for that purpose were the MC, Jake or the jocks James or Kenny. It was pointed out earlier in the thread that each of them has a common ability for telepathy, which could be what she needs from the MC.
There's also the fact that she tells the MC directly that, while it would be difficult to find someone else and she doesn't want him to fail, he can be replaced.

As for them being host bodies, I also think some proxy stuff might be going down. While it's still speculation, I'm of the thought that the Numbered can't manifest on our plane for too long. Valravn touched on it a bit with the 2nd but it makes sense why we haven't seen the 3rd and 4th since then. Though they're apparently sleeping, according to Ella, while they make their way here from "distance lands" according to Valravn and the 4th(or 3rd) during our dream talk.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
Seeing as you can snitch on Ella completely and not die, I think the geass she put on us probably got cancelled out already or is avoidable.
Maybe the geass she puts on us is a weak one? I mean, isn't the reason people are supposed to say something and carve a symbol on their skin to join S.I.N so she can have stronger control over them?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think the term Geas in the game is being used technically incorrectly. Deryl broke the geas by trying to tell the MC what Ella's plans where, it was meant to prevent an action.
Yeah, the game uses different descriptions for it too, Cole mentions 3 skills possible of which 2 already used.
the 3 are taboo, rule (geas) and vow (promise)... Seems Charlie needs to mark a person and can put the skills on him/her after that so most likely Charlie so far only marked MC when visiting the orphanage...
Another thing these kids say is Valravn is immune to both Charlie's as Zara's skills... This could mean a possible way for MC to break any Taboo/geas/promise from Charlie or the mark from Zara.... He could be able to use memories from his fight against Valravn...

which could be what she needs from the MC.
When Ella asks about MC's skills and you "reveal the extend of your powers" you get the dead end where she tells you MC was perfect from the start ;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pretty much MC can copy "memories" of animals (monsters?) and not only apply them to himself but he can combine them too.... A really awesome skill if you at one point can use any defensive or offensive skills from your previous enemies...

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes