ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I think its kind of a personal thing. Some people sympathize with how a character who has constanly been the "little guy" was given power and pushed way out of their depth kinda loses their mind and becomes exactly as toxic as the people they hated. Others don't feel anything for that arc or self identify with MC (and therefore don't care since Jake becomes your enemy regardless) or a bunch of other reasons not to get attached to Jake in a sympathetic way. People can expereince the exact same story in different ways. Its a mark of good writing on WW's part really.
Bloody facts. Personally I like Jake and in my good boi route I try to be nice to him often since i know he's just another person being manipulated.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think its kind of a personal thing. Some people sympathize with how a character who has constanly been the "little guy" was given power and pushed way out of their depth kinda loses their mind and becomes exactly as toxic as the people they hated. Others don't feel anything for that arc or self identify with MC (and therefore don't care since Jake becomes your enemy regardless) or a bunch of other reasons not to get attached to Jake in a sympathetic way. People can expereince the exact same story in different ways. Its a mark of good writing on WW's part really.
True. I didn't care that he was being manipulated. He still chose that path himself, even if you were nice to him. He did shit outside of Ella's influence and legit pointed the finger at the MC just to justify his own actions. He also pieced together that Ella was fucking with him and still went along with it.

And before people act like he had a gun pointed to his head, he legit did what he could've done already after you beat him. Nothing stopped him from saying no to Ella or even leaving. He already fixed Mia and could've went to search for other alternatives or to accept the MC's help. He waited until he caused all of that shit to then want to do the right thing.

So yeah, I felt no pity and I got it back in blood. He'll have to live with that regret in my memory. You don't get to toy with my life and mess with my friends just because you were being manipulated. His actions had consequences and ignoring it because Ella pushed for it doesn't make it excusable.

Don't even get it twisted, Ella is up next, too.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
True. I didn't care that he was being manipulated. He still chose that path himself, even if you were nice to him. He did shit outside of Ella's influence and legit pointed the finger at the MC just to justify his own actions. He also pieced together that Ella was fucking with him and still went along with it.

And before people act like he had a gun pointed to his head, he legit did what he could've done already after you beat him. Nothing stopped him from saying no to Ella or even leaving. He already fixed Mia and could've went to search for other alternatives or to accept the MC's help. He waited until he caused all of that shit to then want to do the right thing.

So yeah, I felt no pity and I got it back in blood. He'll have to live with that regret in my memory. You don't get to toy with my life and mess with my friends just because you were being manipulated. His actions had consequences and ignoring it because Ella pushed for it doesn't make it excusable.

Don't even get it twisted, Ella is up next, too.
Once again we have the same opinion Draco
im starting to wonder if we actually a soulmate......
jake made his bed now he has to lie in it

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
Gonna be real, I will never understand the hate for Jake. I get him going against the MC and fucking up Mia's brain was kinda fucked, but the Mia situation was unintentional. As for the Prison Arc, he only followed Ella's orders in order to restore Mia's memories. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Ella quite literally shapeshifted into MC and acted like an asshole towards him to make Jake think MC didn't like him. That part where Jake got Amber and Liz to show him their tits is weird but MC kinda does some weird shit like that too (given you chose to shapeshift into a girl and go in cheerleader's locker room.) After you beat him, he tries to help in any way he can and just keeps to himself for the most part. I honestly just see him as another victim of Ella's BS, which is more than I can say for Cole, who's just a douche through and through.
Bloody facts. Personally I like Jake and in my good boi route I try to be nice to him often since i know he's just another person being manipulated.
Man, honestly seeing the opinion of you and the others here, I even understand the reason for the hatred against Jake. He fucked too much at Ella's request.

But for me, nah... I was far from hating Jake, for me he was one of the best BRO'S in the MC, second only to Michael, Deryl and Dave.

Man, what happened to Jake was pure cowardice, of course he's partly to blame since he knew Ella was screwing him. But he was too scared to do anything, even with his powers he couldn't even screw with Jared, how can a boy like that stand up to Ella?! different from the MC who has a rebellious spirit even before gaining his powers.

He was an innocent boy who fell victim to Ella's shenanigans. I sympathized with him so much from the start which is why I gave him a second chance on my good boi route.

So instead of getting mad at Jake, I focused my anger on Ella.

Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
WW let us know that the update is about a week away. So I was probably right that in that it´ll be next tuesday or some day like that.

Oh and apparently the main battle has over 1k CGs so we are looking at quite the update. Wait has been long but looks like it has been well worth it.

Jan 21, 2023
He was an innocent boy who fell victim to Ella's shenanigans. I sympathized with him so much from the start which is why I gave him a second chance on my good boi route.

She is such a well written character. I hate her for her bullshit and manipulation but you also have scenes where it feels like she genuinely cares for the MC. I really dont know what to make of her and when the time comes to decide her fate I do not know what I will end up choosing. She is my favorite character in the game and possibly my favorite antagonist in any AVN because of all her shenanigans.

The only other character that made me feel this way is Killian from Pale Carnations - he is not an antagonist like Ella is in superhuman though. I love these types of characters who are a bit more complex and I wish we had more of them in other VNs.

PotatoFace26

Aug 3, 2019
Man, honestly seeing the opinion of you and the others here, I even understand the reason for the hatred against Jake. He fucked too much at Ella's request.

But for me, nah... I was far from hating Jake, for me he was one of the best BRO'S in the MC, second only to Michael, Deryl and Dave.

Man, what happened to Jake was pure cowardice, of course he's partly to blame since he knew Ella was screwing him. But he was too scared to do anything, even with his powers he couldn't even screw with Jared, how can a boy like that stand up to Ella?! different from the MC who has a rebellious spirit even before gaining his powers.

He got his power under control enough to make Jared his bitch.

Jake was far from innocent, what did he do with power almost as soon as he had it? Try to rape Liz and Amber.

Jake is the absolute worst kind of person, when people abuse him for being weak he doesn't despise the idea of it only his place within that system. He violates everyone he gets a chance to, including his oldest and closest friend.

Jake is a monster.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
WW let us know that the update is about a week away. So I was probably right that in that it´ll be next tuesday or some day like that.

Oh and apparently the main battle has over 1k CGs so we are looking at quite the update. Wait has been long but looks like it has been well worth it.
And now you know why I was happy to wait as long as it took. I told people to let WW cook. This is the one dev you shouldn't doubt. If he needs time, give him that so he can deliver.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
I don't understand why people say Ella is misunderstood and complex.

From the very first moment in the game, she has tried to kill you, she has fucked over multiple friends of yours, has released monsters that have killed countless people, has converted hundreds of people into deformed monsters but mfs will ignore that because she had sex with you a couple of times. I have a feeling that half of you guys will accept if a girl offers you sex if she can stab you 10 times afterwards with a knife, and then argue that she had a reason for that if you survived.

nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020

I have no words to describe just how fucking horny I am for this update, and it has nothing to do with the girls or sex.

Reactions: SquiggleBoom

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

From the very first moment in the game, she has tried to kill you, she has fucked over multiple friends of yours, has released monsters that have killed countless people, has converted hundreds of people into deformed monsters but mfs will ignore that because she had sex with you a couple of times. I have a feeling that half of you guys will accept if a girl offers you sex if she can stab you 10 times afterwards with a knife, and then argue that she had a reason for that if you survived.
Speaking for myself, it would be hypocritical for my MCs to hold some of that against her when I'm doing terrible shit myself, like slaughtering thousands of police officers, except for my 0 corruption MC. She's on thin ice but she's my woman so my MCs tries to hold back. That said, if anyone has seen my rants and posts on Ella in the past, they know that I'm well aware of Ella's behavior and do hold the stuff she aimed at me and my friends against her. My MC has a thing for this though and it applies to all characters. It's a 3 line rule. If you cross all 3 or the same ones too many times then we're enemies until one of us die.

Those 3 lines are:

- Trying to kill me

- Trying to mess with my friends

- Trying to mess with my women

It's simple and straight to the point. So far, Ella crossed two of those, the first and second. One more and our relationship is done forever. Jake and Cole crossed all 3 so they have to die. Ella hasn't touched any of our women yet or threatened to kill them, like Cole, but as soon as she does, that's it. I don't care what her intentions are or how valid her reasons could be. That's the end of the line on all of my playthroughs.

You might say that I should be against her already because of the Kenny thing, which had our friends and women, but that was partly on Kenny and before Ella and the MC got in their relationship. Yes Ella let him go there but it's split between them and I killed him for it. That said, I'm on a mission to slaughter her students. Once I get my get back, then it's all in Ella's court from there. Hell, actually, if she messes with anymore of my friends, that's probably enough for me to end our relationship, thinking about it. Depending on the severity, I will kill her.

It's actually why Danica is alive and I'm not hostile against Deryl. They kept it between us and since I came out on top, all was forgiven. It's also why I don't have a strike against Nico. While she did leave us hanging with Valravn, she made up for it against Cole and saved our women too, even if that wasn't her intention.

That's how I manage my interactions with characters. I can forgive you for messing with me but when it bleeds into messing with my harem and friends, that's it. My Murderhobo MC doesn't really care though, that bum will kill you for even looking at him wrong.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
yessyesssss let the hate boil that cunt has to go along a few others i would not care if she was just a huge pain but she is gonna be a problem in the long way she is not like alice who is our mate or tiff who is just pragmatic her plan includes our downfall so yes fuck you goth cunt. Jake is a danger yes so i second the motion to turn him into her you know for reasons XD

PotatoFace26

Aug 3, 2019

She can be both an unrepentant villain *and* misunderstood/complex. And she never "tries" to kill you. She constantly puts potentially lethal obstacles in your path, but not in the hope if them killing you. She sincerely wants you to overcome these "challenges" but won't lift a finger to save if you aren't passing her little tests. If at any point she actually wants you dead she just kills you. Very easily. In more then one bad end.

Ella's atrocities are not random. She is working towards some purpose which she clearly considers worth sacrificing almost anything, making it incredibly difficult to truly judge her while we remain ignorant of her agenda. She is corrupting dozens and slaughtering thousands, ruthlessly manipulating almost everyone around her but is it for her own benefit or what she percieves as a greater good?

We get to see her in moments when she is alone and even hear her thoughts, so unless there is some meta aspect where she knows she is in a game she has no one to perform for and is not being manipulative. In those moments, we see how much she despises some of her "students" like Jake while actually liking others like the MC and wishing that it didn't have to be him.

So whatever purpose she is preparing a Superhuman for, it is likely unpleasant for the person. More importantly, Ella is willing to do all this to give power to people some of whom she detests, even including power over her, while alienating those same people and giving them reasons to hate her. Does she consider her "work" so necessary that she is willing to sacrifice her autonomy and dignity or does she simply fetishize power to such a degree that she is willing to create her own doom? We don't know. Just like we don't know whether her orphanage is a sincere attempt to help other kids with nothing or just a way to gain willing test subjects and pawns no one else will miss.

Every time we learn something about Ella, we are almost immediately given multiple interpretations for what we learn. She is a masterclass in ambiguity and for someone like me who rates "interesting" well above "morality" she makes for a top tier waifu.

EDIT: Does anybody else think Ella is directly responsible for MC's mothers death and his scars?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
EDIT: Does anybody else think Ella is directly responsible for MC's mothers death and his scars?
Not totally sure about that, but it's a possible theory. I guess it's possible Ella killed MC's parents and even took his father's identity. Both the father and Ella have a history of disappearing for months and when MC meets Ella for the first time she greets him by his name like it's her standard behavior. She's a shapeshifter so that supports the possibility and she says something like not hoping MC is the one... However there's also mention of Daryl being on her radar before MC so it could be Ella has another alter ego close to both Daryl and MC, (close enough to automatically address MC by his name).

No idea if Ella is directly responsible for MC's scars/eyes incident, several monsters only eat certain organs, the mother could have been infected because of Ella and Ella just had to intervene... But she knows MC used to wear bandages because of that incident so that means she either has access to his memories or she was there, or got info from the people who were. But it means there is the possibility Ella has been monitoring MC for a long time and really close to him...

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
She is such a well written character. I hate her for her bullshit and manipulation but you also have scenes where it feels like she genuinely cares for the MC. I really dont know what to make of her and when the time comes to decide her fate I do not know what I will end up choosing. She is my favorite character in the game and possibly my favorite antagonist in any AVN because of all her shenanigans.

The only other character that made me feel this way is Killian from Pale Carnations - he is not an antagonist like Ella is in superhuman though. I love these types of characters who are a bit more complex and I wish we had more of them in other VNs.
I must admit, that Ella is one of the most well-written antagonist characters, I've never seen such a well-written character in these VNs. And I'm really curious what truth she wants to tell the MC when he reaches Level 5 evolution, and why she's turning half the world into Superhuman. Regardless, on my good BOI route, I'll probably devour her, putting an end to this nasty cunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerminusPrime

nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020
Not totally sure about that, but it's a possible theory. I guess it's possible Ella killed MC's parents and even took his father's identity. Both the father and Ella have a history of disappearing for months and when MC meets Ella for the first time she greets him by his name like it's her standard behavior. She's a shapeshifter so that supports the possibility and she says something like not hoping MC is the one... However there's also mention of Daryl being on her radar before MC so it could be Ella has another alter ego close to both Daryl and MC, (close enough to automatically address MC by his name).

No idea if Ella is directly responsible for MC's scars/eyes incident, several monsters only eat certain organs, the mother could have been infected because of Ella and Ella just had to intervene... But she knows MC used to wear bandages because of that incident so that means she either has access to his memories or she was there, or got info from the people who were. But it means there is the possibility Ella has been monitoring MC for a long time and really close to him...
The idea of Ella possibly being our friend because of shapeshifting is new to me, and it's unsettling. Ella was on her 4th evolution when MC met her, and MC was just another normal human so it's more than likely that's how she knows what she knows because she accessed MC's memory. But Ella being MC's dad, well that's just gonna make me second guess everything from now on, until we meet MC's dad later and confirm if he is another human or not. What if it was Ella who got MC into that school, so that MC could make connections with Alice and Tiffany and Michael and H.E.R.O., also it's unrelated to that but who the fuck is the Shopkeeper and why is nobody asking any questions about him?

Is he the actually the devil? Because he has connections to Charlie, so that must mean he at least knows about Ella too. He took a liking to MC as well, just who the fuck is he and what is he

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes