Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
If you have high corruption the way your MC acts and speaks can be a bit more aggressive, you can start to understand the monster language. Also the monster parent tells the MC that he needs to consume and grow more powerful when you have higher corruption. Nyx also says that corruption can have a subtle effect on how powers express themselves, which we can see in the fight with Klaus after the car crash. If you're low corruption you attack him by growing a bone blade on your tongue, if you're high corruption you stretch out your neck and bite him. I haven't noticed any other differences with powers.
Another detail, MC with high corruption, another notable difference in powers, makes his tail act on its own and more aggressively as well. "Pretty fucking cool shit!" Also, you'll probably have more trouble keeping your tentacles from devouring people. But you'll have more chances to make the monsters submit to you as well as Minyak for now!

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
It's possible that as time goes on Ella starts to like the MC more and decides that she'd rather not murder him to absorb his mutations, or that could just not be a possibility..
I think this just furthers the idea that Ella isnt manipulating the situation as much as some people claim (Being MC dad, faking her friendships for almost a decade etc). Ella allegedy does all this stuff to MC but then when she gets to know MC (personally know MC since she had to do research/interact with MC as dad) she is willing to put her entire plan at risk? No matter if you are as kind/understanding/of the same mind as she is? While it hasn't happened yet we "know" that at some point we are going to be given a choice to side with her or not/kill her or not/fulfill her plan or ruin it so that means Ella is willing and able to have a decade long plan involving governments and extremely powerful people but then almost instantly is willing to throw it away for love (again even if you pick every "negative" option with her like you dont like your powers etc).

I really dont get why (not you personally) people are seemingly so gung ho on the idea that Ella has been orchestrating everything? Unless Ella can get a 6th evolution we know she wont be the "final boss". To me it seems like it would be a Madara/Kaguya scenario from Naruto. You have Madara/Ella a villian people love who basically manipulate the whole series in the background only for some borderline godlike entity like Kaguya/whatever Ella is working towards to come up beat the better written villein and then lose to a 20 something loner and his harem (Team 7 or the girls in this game).

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Another detail, MC with high corruption, another notable difference in powers, makes his tail act on its own and more aggressively as well. "Pretty fucking cool shit!" Also, you'll probably have more trouble keeping your tentacles from devouring people. But you'll have more chances to make the monsters submit to you as well as Minyak for now!
The tail operates on it's own with low corruption too, but I'll pay attention to it more in the low and high corruption runs to see how differently it acts.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I think this just furthers the idea that Ella isnt manipulating the situation as much as some people claim (Being MC dad, faking her friendships for almost a decade etc). Ella allegedy does all this stuff to MC but then when she gets to know MC (personally know MC since she had to do research/interact with MC as dad) she is willing to put her entire plan at risk? No matter if you are as kind/understanding/of the same mind as she is? While it hasn't happened yet we "know" that at some point we are going to be given a choice to side with her or not/kill her or not/fulfill her plan or ruin it so that means Ella is willing and able to have a decade long plan involving governments and extremely powerful people but then almost instantly is willing to throw it away for love (again even if you pick every "negative" option with her like you dont like your powers etc).

I really dont get why (not you personally) people are seemingly so gung ho on the idea that Ella has been orchestrating everything? Unless Ella can get a 6th evolution we know she wont be the "final boss". To me it seems like it would be a Madara/Kaguya scenario from Naruto. You have Madara/Ella a villian people love who basically manipulate the whole series in the background only for some borderline godlike entity like Kaguya/whatever Ella is working towards to come up beat the better written villein and then lose to a 20 something loner and his harem (Team 7 or the girls in this game).
Ella does alot of work to manipulate Jake to turn him against you, she was also working behind the scenes manipulating things with the Aldains and with Jared's dad. So she's doing a fair bit of manipulation, but she's unlikely to be the main factor behind the scenes.

One of the issues is we don't know what Ella's up to. She might be trying to stop a monster apocalypse that's threatening the world, in which case some of the things she's been done could be more excusable. She could also be working with the monsters behind the scenes, where her behavior is much less excusable. That's part of the strength of the game, we've still got most of the story to discover.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Ella does alot of work to manipulate Jake to turn him against you, she was also working behind the scenes manipulating things with the Aldains and with Jared's dad. So she's doing a fair bit of manipulation, but she's unlikely to be the main factor behind the scenes.

One of the issues is we don't know what Ella's up to. She might be trying to stop a monster apocalypse that's threatening the world, in which case some of the things she's been done could be more excusable. She could also be working with the monsters behind the scenes, where her behavior is much less excusable. That's part of the strength of the game, we've still got most of the story to discover.
She's undoubtedly being manipulative but like you said its very unlikely that she is the driving force, also big agree on the fact we have no idea if her goals are "good" or "bad" although the people claiming the more outrageous things seem to be convinced shes undoubtedly evil. Something else that I thought about is what was going on for hundreds of years before Ella was born? Were all the numbered monsters just being mindless/lazy/chained up but then when this random human got powers (even though she would go on to be a "failure" at level 5) they basically all got involved?

This discussion feels kind of pointless because no matter how many things are pointed out as contradictions or things that dont make sense all the people arguing for it have to say are "Ella did that" then they can work backwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alkeera

May 1, 2018
I am replaying SH right now and just noticed another detail - that right after Klaus' death your monster parent tells MC to devour Alice and with high corruption you can understand it.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
I am replaying SH right now and just noticed another detail - that right after Klaus' death your monster parent tells MC to devour Alice and with high corruption you can understand it.
Well, too bad for mommy "4th" Alice is my main waifu I won't do anything against her. if I could, I would devour Klaus, just like I did with Danica and Kenny when you had enough power.

Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
4th - Spawn, devour them all!

MC - But mom, I'm building a harem!

4th - ....

MC - They're all hot and some are Level 5.

4th - Fine

MC - Yes! I promise they'll be as loyal to you as they are to me.

4th - ....

MC - Mommy?

4th - Zzzzz

MC - .....

MC - Zzzzz

MC - *wakes up* That was a weird dream.

Anyway, time feels like it's going so slow now. It felt so fast before but now it's going so slow. I wish I would've never known it was coming in a few days. It's been a real struggle to not play the last update. Soon, little spawn, soon. Just a few more days.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Doesn't what the monsters say change depending on your corruption level as well? I remember a guy translated what your monster parents said somehow, and with high corruption it told you to eat more people and you could understand it. And low corruption asked you to get more allies or something. I'm probably remembering this for wrong, it was a few hundred pages back.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
Doesn't what the monsters say change depending on your corruption level as well? I remember a guy translated what your monster parents said somehow, and with high corruption it told you to eat more people and you could understand it. And low corruption asked you to get more allies or something. I'm probably remembering this for wrong, it was a few hundred pages back.
If you look in the code for the monster dreams you get one of two versions depending on your corruption:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Know idea what the monster gibberish translates to exactly, but the label for the low corruption dream is labeled as "allies need". Hard to say if the label actually means anything, but that is basically what you're talking about.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Do we know yet WHY the monsters want to devour people?
Food/power mostly. There's also the possibility that they're doing it to mutate themselves too but that's unlikely.

As far as we can tell currently, Monsters need humans for food, reproduction, and possibly evolution/advancement for themselves. There's billions of humans and we reproduce moderately fast. That's like an endless supply of food, depending on their eating habits. For reproduction, they can convert several into their kind or flat out mate with them for offspring.

As for the evolution/advancement bit, this is just a guess but they really do seem to put a lot of focus on genetics and people's mind set playing a part. Ella also mentioned that it's possible for humans to diverge and get powers that even their monster parents don't have and so on. Since a monster's thought process is different from humans, they could be using humans way of thinking to advance their set powers. The fact that a human, who's compatible with them, can alter their powers because of their mind state seems like a pretty big deal.

It's only just a guess though. Besides food and reproduction, we don't really know what they want for sure. Well, that and absolute power.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Do we know yet WHY the monsters want to devour people?
If you mean the monster inside, i guess it's for the corruption, high corruption means you can understand monster language better but also acting out of instinct more often, so you'll be more monster than human since your inner monster will get more control... You will risk monsterfication if you're not strong enough to handle the corruption, meaning the monster is in total control.... (Oscar seems to be monsterfied, we know from Charlie he's a smart guy, he didn't show much intelligence though, but that could be a side effect from getting infected after he died, his turning seems somewhat special)

Reactions: John Doe Jr.
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes