Edaltar

Nov 16, 2020
I do wonder where she could even find monsters that can deal with the founders.

The best she could do against Malik was stall him with the Strength Eaters. Behemoth - arguably her trump card - was also completely trivialized by Malik. Valravn at full strength is probably S-Class, but S-Class still means nothing against the founders, so Aglaecwif would be similarly stomped on as well.

Either Ella manages to summon an Apostle in some way to deal with the founders or one (or more) of the founders is working with her; I can't see many other solutions.

Has there been anything to indicate whether Nyx can mark regular joes or is it superhumans only? Wondering whether Xanthe could have one. He seems too important not to have a backup of
The way I see it, her resurrection power might be based on Memory. When she talks to "ghosts", it's just the residual echoes of the dead. When she resurrects someone, it's like loading a back-up save of the memories of the deceased (so I guess Ship of Theseus and all that).

Anyway, I'm leaning on yes. Ella used a monster related to Nyx's power to make sure Christie and Emily also resurrect if killed, so Nyx should have no problems using her mark on normal people as well.

On a related note, Ella gets pissed and kills the MC in the Bad End where he kills Christie, but Christie should have been fine given the resurrection mark. Did WeirdWorld just come up with the resurrection marks and so it's an inconsistency to be fixed, or does the MC absorbing someone's body actually override the resurrection?

Reactions: EndlessNights

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
On a related note, Ella gets pissed and kills the MC in the Bad End where he kills Christie, but Christie should have been fine given the resurrection mark. Did WeirdWorld just come up with the resurrection marks and so it's an inconsistency to be fixed, or does the MC absorbing someone's body actually override the resurrection?
Might also be that Ella didn't put those precautions in place until she knew she'd be mia for a while or it was enough to piss her off regardless of being able to bring her back

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
I do wonder where she could even find monsters that can deal with the founders.

Pretty sure her endgame has nothing to do with HERO to begin with, she'd likely still just be doing her thing incognito if she hadn't had to rely on Langdon to get that one item back.
Even if Christie is able to come back it would make sense for Ella to merk us anyway because it's presumably not an easy process and we just wasted a lot of time/resources, or she hadn't applied that yet, either way it doesn't really feel out of left field.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
The way I see it, her resurrection power might be based on Memory. When she talks to "ghosts", it's just the residual echoes of the dead. When she resurrects someone, it's like loading a back-up save of the memories of the deceased (so I guess Ship of Theseus and all that).
If Nyx powers are based on Memory then the possible range of powers that may arise from the same original monster is insane, Mc while being a spawn of Memory has nothing even close to Nyx ability to just kill people on the spot, Nyx on the other side has nothing that could even resemble shapeshifting (as far as we know at least).

Reactions: bloodaxis

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Pretty sure her endgame has nothing to do with HERO to begin with, she'd likely still just be doing her thing incognito if she hadn't had to rely on Langdon to get that one item back.
Dunno if that item really was the reason for her to help Langdon. She already was involved with the council in some way.
Langdon, Dietz, Kenny's father are all on it... And it seems to me it's possible it's all just a diversion, S.I.N. and HERO being busy with each other means Ella gets less attention herself. Being assumed dead will help her even more...

Lets just theorise Ella is working with Jeff, MC's dad and the pixie (maybe even shopkeep too).... It would explain a lot coincidences.. (I'd even see a possibility Ella uses MC's father as one of her shapes.) We know Ella has been watching MC for a long time and MC and her are apparently the last 2 of some group.... And Jeff and MC's dad are prominent in the story, they're there at several important events or locations or have contact with other key figures... They're a shady bunch!

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
I know everyone here is some kind of degenerate but nobody here actually
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bah, Mia? No! she's not my type, she's cute and like Claudia but still not my type. I've always preferred busty women to petite women, but I wouldn't mind if the MC had a sex scene with Mia.

That said, she's the last character I'm interested in sexually. In fact, I think she'd be better off as a partner for Jake. While Alice would be the best match for the MC, ever since the Mafia arc I've been getting that, and this last update I felt the chemistry between the two, not only that but Laurie felt chemistry with Deryl.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Bah, Mia? No! she's not my type, she's cute and like Claudia but still not my type. I've always preferred busty women to petite women, but I wouldn't mind if the MC had a sex scene with Mia.

That said, she's the last character I'm interested in sexually. In fact, I think she'd be better off as a partner for Jake. While Alice would be the best match for the MC, ever since the Mafia arc I've been getting that, and this last update I felt the chemistry between the two, not only that but Laurie felt chemistry with Deryl.
I think la virgin that is Jake already burnt his bridges with Mia after the shit he pulled. Personally, I think the MC vibes best with Claudia at least in the prior update to this one (their scenes together were wholesome af and I can see em bein long time partners) although their interactions were brief even before that (like 2 or 3 other talking scenes) but I liked em.

Mia and MC I guess could work? I just wish we knew more about her and all that.

The chemistry between Laurie and Deryl was there but their friendship itself was built on a lie idk if Laurie would forgive that but we shall wait and see (I'm sure Weird will go over it).

Last edited:

Edaltar

Nov 16, 2020
If Nyx powers are based on Memory then the possible range of powers that may arise from the same original monster is insane, Mc while being a spawn of Memory has nothing even close to Nyx ability to just kill people on the spot, Nyx on the other side has nothing that could even resemble shapeshifting (as far as we know at least).
To be fair, the shapeshifting comes from Body. Both MC and Ella are spawns of Twin Apostles, it's just that Ella took a lot more from Body (hence why she calls herself a failure) while the MC has the perfect balance of mutations from both Body and Memory.

But in retrospect, yeah, it might be more likely that Nyx's power simply derive from another Apostle (possibly Twin Apostles that represent Life and Death?).

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
I think la virgin that is Jake already burnt his bridges with Mia after the shit he pulled. Personally, I think the MC vibes best with Claudia at least in the prior update to this one (their scenes together were wholesome af and I can see em bein long time partners) although their interactions were brief even before that (like 2 or 3 other talking scenes) but I liked em.

Mia and MC I guess could work? I just wish we knew more about her and all that.

The chemistry between Laurie and Deryl was there but their friendship itself was built on a lie idk if Laurie would forgive that but we shall wait and see (I'm sure Weird will go over it).
I agree with the part about Jake destroying the bridge between him and Mia after mentally fucking her. About claudia, she will probably change her personality with time, I remember Dexter once saying "This company has no place for weak hearts!" As much as I find Claudia waiful wholesome, I don't really feel sexual desire for her and more like protecting just like Mia. but yes, I expect a team up with her and mc in the future, if my mc wants to stay on Hero

Reactions: ItzSyther

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Meh, just wait how she looks after she's been infected, superhuman Mia will probably be a curvy bombshell banshee or something else with screaming powers... ;)

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I agree with the part about Jake destroying the bridge between him and Mia after mentally fucking her. About claudia, she will probably change her personality with time, I remember Dexter once saying "This company has no place for weak hearts!" As much as I find Claudia waiful wholesome, I don't really feel sexual desire for her and more like protecting just like Mia. but yes, I expect a team up with her and mc in the future, if my mc wants to stay on Hero
I do wonder how Claudia is going to turn out if her sister decides to go through with her plans to kill their dad. We might see Claudia take a twisted turn and go from wholesome to hardened.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
Oh, I bet you do. It wasn't either of their faults about that shit, it was probably Charlie's fault with her mind-fucking powers. Sure both Laurie and Deryl will be starting over from scratch, we saw in this update Deryl's reaction when Laurie almost died for Jared's son of a bitch. If you try to save her, the impact is even greater on Deryl's reaction, and honestly... I'm crazy to fuck with Cole, Jared and Charlie... Regardless of her motives!

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Oh, I bet you do. It wasn't either of their faults about that shit, it was probably Charlie's fault with her mind-fucking powers. Sure both Laurie and Deryl will be starting over from scratch, we saw in this update Deryl's reaction when Laurie almost died for Jared's son of a bitch. If you try to save her, the impact is even greater on Deryl's reaction, and honestly... I'm crazy to fuck with Cole, Jared and Charlie... Regardless of her motives!
Shit I wouldn't doubt it being Charlie's fault. The rest of em (Jared & Cole) they are on the choppin block for certain. Now I didn't care particularly for Laurie but I was warming up to her ya know and then boom Jared just rolls in and now I wanna break his dick again.

The only one of the SIN camp I don't wanna kill (just yet) is Zara who seems to be the most level headed out of that entire camp but all it takes is for her to fuck around and then she most certainly shall find out (just like Danica did).

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
Shit I wouldn't doubt it being Charlie's fault. The rest of em (Jared & Cole) they are on the choppin block for certain. Now I didn't care particularly for Laurie but I was warming up to her ya know and then boom Jared just rolls in and now I wanna break his dick again.

The only one of the SIN camp I don't wanna kill (just yet) is Zara who seems to be the most level headed out of that entire camp but all it takes is for her to fuck around and then she most certainly shall find out (just like Danica did).
I want Cole and Shen to get genderbent and be added to the dungeon harem, stick them in a cave somewhere, maybe with Wang. That is if I don't outright murder them.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I want Cole and Shen to get genderbent and be added to the dungeon harem, stick them in a cave somewhere, maybe with Wang. That is if I don't outright murder them.
See you get it! We need to start genderbending these foes for certain. It's the consequences of fucking around and finding out fr. Either die or get a pussy...although honestly in Cole's case I'd break that boipussy in with a whale dick and get rid of that virginity he keeps complainin about to Ella.

Now that may or may not cause his death depending on if his superhuman body can withstand the power of whale dick...for science we must find out!

Edaltar

Nov 16, 2020
Something unfortunate about optional character deaths is that - narratively speaking - they might as well be dead anyway.

It'd take too much work on WeirdWorld's part to make them relevant only for players who saved those characters, so they're relegated to side-content with little to no impact on the main story. Danica only showed up once and Jake only occasionally appears (and only this update had him be significant by aiding Mia's recovery).

If Laurie ever recovers, I imagine she'll get the same treatment, so I can't see her affecting Deryl's character all that much.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes