DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Interesting, I was under the impression that these sidequests took too long to complete to make any actual difference. I'll try again and compare the results. I agree that it's not worth to play full murderhobo currently, said so in my post too. Aside from a few altered scenes and meeting Authority you don't get much. As interesting it is to see how MC works with high corruption, there's just not much there yet.
You'll miss the corruption scene during Evolution during Klaus fight but you should be able to get it. I forgot the exact pathing for it though. I think I prioritized getting Emily's quest further along first and then switched to Liz.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
This shit is GOLD :LUL: :LUL: :LUL:
Just imagine you click on the tv to see THIS on the news, you'd have a fucking hoot and a holler just giggling to yourself about the sheer audacity to take that first line seriously :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous a few times....
But the news pretty much tells what's happening around town and even you...
From your fight in the diner, to the Minyak, the park where you got infected, the war between Klaus and Alice's families, your fight with Kenny.... All is there.... And between the lines the inactivity of the police and the denial of the government...

News "Our top story tonight, local diner shot up with multiple dead bodies found."

News "Reports say Anna Milbern, the girl reported missing two weeks ago has finally been found dead in the city sewers."

News "In other news there have been more sightings of 'strange creatures' being reported around town."
News "The latest witness claiming he saw a 'big titty snake lady' drag his friend, one Jacob Johnson, down a drain pipe."

News "An update on the new serial murders."
News "Even more bodies have been found in Bill's Park, post a renewed police investigation of the area."
News "The state of the bodies, like the rest are horrifically mutilated, however we are hearing reports that the signature chemical found in all the other bodies is missing. Opening up the possibility of a second murderer."

News "More reports of a 'Big Tittied Snake Lady' are coming in, as over a dozen homeless witnesses claim they saw the 'monster' downtown."
News "The creature supposedly abducted one of the homeless men sleeping below Jackson's Road Underpass, and dragged him down into the sewers screaming."

News "The recent rise on mafia activity has escalated once again, with both the Alderman Syndicate and the Aldaine Family on the move."

News "Protests broke out this morning as leaks from police officials suggest they are considering naming [hname] a vigilante, for the murder of college student turned monster, Kenneth Felzen."

News "Top scientists employed by the government deny the existence of 'supernatural creatures' and claim that last month's attack was simply the result of an unidentified disease mutating the poor student."
News "Here is a statement directly from him."
Prof "There's simply no evidence that these two creatures are mythical beasts, or have mystical powers."
Prof "What we saw from the video was simply one overgrown, disfigured student, fighting a man wearing some black suit. Nothing supernatural about it."

The weird stuff starts happening once MC is bored with the news and finds another channel... channel weird !

You "I'm sick of looking at this news channel, it's always just depressing shit. Let's find a more fun one."
You "Ooooh, a female reporter! Let's see what she has to say."
play music "audio/good.mp3"
News "Have you ever heard of the Vanishing Ass?"
Everyone "YEEESSS!!"

News "Fuck you!"
Everyone "FUUUCK YOOUUU!!!"
News "Welcome back, Channel Weird here, eager to bring you your daily dose of weirdness."
You "(Shit, I clicked on this nutty channel again.)"
News "Have any of you heard of pussy flowers?"
Everyone "YEEEESSSS!!!"

I really wonder if they could be talking about the monster that lured and infected Deryl though... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You'll miss the corruption scene during Evolution during Klaus fight but you should be able to get it. I forgot the exact pathing for it though. I think I prioritized getting Emily's quest further along first and then switched to Liz.
Tried the routes and checked the script

For emily:
The Myniak fight happens on day 50 evening
Emily's event that gives corruption is visitem21
You are stack at visitem = 10 up to day 49 and you need visitem = 14 to unlock the kill scene.
It's not enough time. You can get 11 and 12 in day 49 and 13 in day 50

For Angelina:
You can actually get the monster fight scene before battling the Myniak but you can't eat it because it needs 10 corruption

For Liz:
Liz kidnapping happens after the prison. It's impossible to unlock it before the Myniak fight.

So all the corruption points I could find without eating Danica are:
Eat Diner thugs +1
Before Kenny fight, saying that shoulda killed him +1
Eat Kenny +1
Before Danica + Oscar fight, killing thug +1
Before Danica + Oscar fight, eating president +1
Second Evolution For God and Glory +1

For a total of 6. Myniak needs 7.

So unless I missed something obvious, the only way I could find to get the Myniak submission is to trade Danica for Bailey. I didn't check Demi's story but still you have to kill her to get corruption and I don't want to do that.

Bailey is the best pet so I think I'm going to do some out of the box thinking, something like shift+o -> corrupt += 1 :KEK:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Tried the routes and checked the script

For emily:
The Myniak fight happens on day 50 evening
Emily's event that gives corruption is visitem21
You are stack at visitem = 10 up to day 49 and you need visitem = 14 to unlock the kill scene.
It's not enough time. You can get 11 and 12 in day 49 and 13 in day 50

For Angelina:
You can actually get the monster fight scene before battling the Myniak but you can't eat it because it needs 10 corruption

For Liz:
Liz kidnapping happens after the prison. It's impossible to unlock it before the Myniak fight.

So all the corruption points I could find without eating Danica are:
Eat Diner thugs +1
Before Kenny fight, saying that shoulda killed him +1
Eat Kenny +1
Before Danica + Oscar fight, killing thug +1
Before Danica + Oscar fight, eating president +1
Second Evolution For God and Glory +1

For a total of 6. Myniak needs 7.

So unless I missed something obvious, the only way I could find to get the Myniak submission is to trade Danica for Bailey. I didn't check Demi's story but still you have to kill her to get corruption and I don't want to do that.

Bailey is the best pet so I think I'm going to do some out of the box thinking, something like shift+o -> corrupt += 1 :KEK:
Yeah, Bailey is the last point. That's why I said you'll have to eat her in my original post.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Any alteration the shapeshifter does is permanent.
In a training scene Ella explains that that is not the case, you have to exert your power to maintain changes. Which either means that at lvl 5 that rule does not apply to her, that WW just forgot about it, or that she is still alive.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Any alteration the shapeshifter does is permanent. They don't need to "sustain" the transformation.
In a training scene Ella explains that that is not the case, you have to exert your power to maintain changes.
It's all dependent on the situation... MC tells his regeneration is basically his body wanting to return to it's original state...
As for what exactly is the original state, that's kinda broad for a shapeshifter.. Most bodies changed after becoming a superhuman, but it's mostly changes based on how they see themselves... Alice and Michael probably didn't change due to the serums they've been popping since late childhood... But shapeshifters have more then one "original state" i guess..

The more familiar MC gets with his shapes the easier it will be to recover during fights, against Valravn he managed to re-attach limbs and half his torso, while before anything cut off would liquidify and then evaporate... (he even liquidifies and reforms) Ella being undamaged from Gillibrand's attacks was just not allowing changes to her shape... Control...

Ella is similar to MC, but there's some differences too, Ella has had perfect control on shapeshifting since her first evolution, MC has very good control, but MC's better understanding and instinct seem to be the deciding factors for that.

When MC is practising detection at HERO base, there's no way to detect him in futa form, only the changing itself could be picked up... So any basic shape available to the shapeshifter hardly needs sustenance, it's the active changes during fights that do though because that's mostly adapting limbs tentacles and whatever else constantly...

Ella's body is one of her standard forms... so not much needed to stay like that.
MC returns to his original form too when passed out... Except for that day he knocked himself out and turned into Amber...
It might have been some reflex/instinctive action but it remains a strange event...

myst0501

May 30, 2020
In a training scene Ella explains that that is not the case, you have to exert your power to maintain changes. Which either means that at lvl 5 that rule does not apply to her, that WW just forgot about it, or that she is still alive.
Do you have a citation for that? Because numerous times the MC has mentioned he doesn't need to spend energy to maintain different forms, only to make changes.

Reactions: vogelbeest

myst0501

May 30, 2020
Hmm, but I guess the reason why it seems like it hasn't be the case is because of the next line she says:

Ella "Correct, very good. It's a relatively inconsequential amount normally,...

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
True, but, that explains how she changed from that mass of flesh back to normal, and leaves us with a question of why the lvl 3 mustache is still a tree.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
True, but, that explains how she changed from that mass of flesh back to normal, and leaves us with a question of why the lvl 3 mustache is still a tree.
Because Ella put a shit ton of energy into it. The mc thinks this line about fixing tree person:

"(But according to what she told me, he should be able to turn himself back normally if he can focus on taking control of the power, she implanted in him.)"
"(Then again, I'm not sure a tree has that level of consciousness...)"

And the only way to undue would be to counteract the energy ella put into it. The problem for mc is that energy is just so much larger than his.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The transformation of Gillibrand is another thing. It's not shapeshifting (own body) but transmutation, the power to shape objects or living matter, much like Ella compresses the hobo's body...
Why she was able to do it, that's the conversation about him not evolving, her 5th evolution power could easily overcome his 3rd evolution defenses, he can't return to his original state since his 3rd evolution power can't undo it... Maybe in several sessions with the help of MC. But this is not a matter of extra flesh, it's another skill/power...

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Because Ella put a shit ton of energy into it. The mc thinks this line about fixing tree person:

"(But according to what she told me, he should be able to turn himself back normally if he can focus on taking control of the power, she implanted in him.)"
"(Then again, I'm not sure a tree has that level of consciousness...)"

And the only way to undue would be to counteract the energy Ella put into it. The problem for mc is that energy is just so much larger than his.
From the line you yourself quoted "But according to what she told me, he should be able to turn himself back normally". In the alley where she killed a hobo she explained that once you stop pouring fresh power into the victim the power that's left inside will get absorbed and changes will revert.

So Rules As Written, either Ella is still alive and continues to feed the transformation, or she is simply able to break the rules. We can safely ignore this part: "(Then again, I'm not sure a tree has that level of consciousness...)", when Mc tried to changed the size of Angelinas breasts in the end of her story they reverted instantly, I would remind you that Mc was lvl 2 at the time while Ange was, and still is, a lvl 1 with next to 0 power, that tells us that consciousness doesn't play part in the process, if I recall correctly Ange didn't even understand she did something, reversal of change just happens, it is a natural process and the amount inside doesn't matter.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
The transformation of Gillibrand is another thing. It's not shapeshifting (own body) but transmutation, the power to shape objects or living matter, much like Ella compresses the hobo's body...
Why she was able to do it, that's the conversation about him not evolving, her 5th evolution power could easily overcome his 3rd evolution defenses, he can't return to his original state since his 3rd evolution power can't undo it... Maybe in several sessions with the help of MC. But this is not a matter of extra flesh, it's another skill/power...
Your answer hinges on the rule breaking 5th evo, which is fair, but, the simple fact is that it's far more likely that Ella is simply continuing to feed the transformation, this answer doesn't force us to make any guesses based on what is possible and gives us an answer based on what we already know.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
the simple fact is that it's far more likely that Ella is simply continuing to feed the transformation,
Uhm, no the power was put into it to the transformation (and lost)... Like bending a steel bar, you need a certain amount of energy to change the shape but after that it remains in that form... To return it into the original state you need the same amount of energy to undo it... MC isn't losing energy for transforming Niki either, that energy is just lost...

Reactions: myst0501

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Uhm, no the power was put into it to the transformation (and lost)... Like bending a steel bar, you need a certain amount of energy to change the shape but after that it remains in that form... To return it into the original state you need the same amount of energy to undo it... MC isn't losing energy for transforming Niki either, that energy is just lost...
Nikki isn't a Superhuman, rules are vastly different. Sh.png

myst0501

May 30, 2020
From the line you yourself quoted "But according to what she told me, he should be able to turn himself back normally". In the alley where she killed a hobo she explained that once you stop pouring fresh power into the victim the power that's left inside will get absorbed and changes will revert.

So Rules As Written, either Ella is still alive and continues to feed the transformation, or she is simply able to break the rules. We can safely ignore this part: "(Then again, I'm not sure a tree has that level of consciousness...)", when Mc tried to changed the size of Angelinas breasts in the end of her story they reverted instantly, I would remind you that Mc was lvl 2 at the time while Ange was, and still is, a lvl 1 with next to 0 power, that tells us that consciousness doesn't play part in the process, if I recall correctly Ange didn't even understand she did something, reversal of change just happens, it is a natural process and the amount inside doesn't matter.
Looking at the statement you posted about ella saying new flesh required energy to maintain it, and things like the hobo being turned into a stone you mentioned. I think a distinction needs to be made between creating new flesh/generating additional mass, and transmuting/altering existing flesh/mass.

It would make sense that generating additional mass would require exponentially more energy to maintain as ella explained further in that conversation, but if altering existing mass required a maintence cost in energy, a number of contradictions would pop up.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
one example would be the hobo stone you mentioned. if it had some kind of maintenance cost on it, eventually it would pop back into a beheaded hobo corpse. however ella at that time expressed that it was an ideal way of disposing of and hiding any dead bodies. that wouldn't make any sense if it some point a day/week/month from now it mysteriously turned back into a corpse.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes