ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
You know that's actually funny you mention that, I don't think anywhere in the lore or otherwise it has ever been mentioned whether or not monsters can evolve. I do find it a little odd that a Superhuman like say, Oscar, could theoretically evolve strong than it's easily defeated monster counterpart. You're telling me humans are more compatible with the monster gene than the literal source of said monster gene? It doesn't really make sense to me.

The only way I could try to make sense of it is that they have a like chat with their Apostle or Origin upon evolution (like the MC or Alice) and THAT'S what jumpstarts your evolution every time. I can't remember if Jake ever mentioned if he encountered the 1st during his evolution, but if he does it all but furthers my point.

He have had some cases though where monster have GOTTEN stronger though, it is possible just never from an evolutionary stance like we've seen with humans.
-Valravn is the prime example, he was a crow turned by the 7th, but I believe he also mentions being trained by his master I believe, even if we ignore that part; he still hunted and ate hearts to make up for his lost strength.
-Kenny is another, dude went from something we could bitch slap through a floor, to a mid Lvl 1 and still growing as time went on. He took was consuming stuff to get stronger.
-Angelia's Monster that grew her breasts was yet another stronger off of eating, and while some may use the excuse it was BECAUSE of her breasts, it also used our breasts as well, almost making an infinite power cheat code.

I do wonder...how did we evolve again? Ah yes, CONSUMING through Deryl's monster body. Our monster parents are constantly telling us to just fucking eat everything, hell even the Origin says so as well. Whether or not monsters CAN actually evolve I'm sure is up to debate, as we have personally never seen it ourselves, but so far it's not looking like it's entirely impossible, we just haven't seen it yet.
I recall there being a scene in the HERO classroom where the ranks of monsters are talked about. Now I have no clue if monsters can evolve but we know they all have assigned ranks. The Minyaks if I'm not wrong are the lowest ranked thus far in the game (might be wrong about that) but we do see 2 come together to become a giant variant. Perhaps in certain cases that would be considered their 'evolution' and thus their rank was 'increased' but I'm unsure what it'd be from the their usual (even MC at his level at the time was able to take it on with minimal difficulty from what I recall).

More or less, it might just depend on the monster. I'm more curious about seeing those very high ranked or special variants of monsters (I think those were mentioned in the HERO class as well and are probably what we could consider 'evolutions' of the standard monster variants HERO fights) that are stronger than the typical variant of monsters we see, the 2 Minyaks coming together might be a special variant in that case but I have no clue that might just be something Minyaks can do whenever or under certain circumstances.

My mind is foggy on the HERO class stuff so please do correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You know that's actually funny you mention that, I don't think anywhere in the lore or otherwise it has ever been mentioned whether or not monsters can evolve. I do find it a little odd that a Superhuman like say, Oscar, could theoretically evolve stronger than it's easily defeated monster counterpart. You're telling me humans are more compatible with the monster gene than the literal source of said monster gene? It doesn't really make sense to me.

-snip-
My theory is that superhumans can evolve thanks to their human genes, not the monster ones. Althought this is speculation.

Valravn should be able to evolve. He was turned like a superhuman does (superaven?), but there is what I understand as a "strategic silence" when the game references his power. I think the reason he can't is due to him not being human, but an animal, although this doesn't really make sense to me since all organic life can "evolve" in the Darwinian sense. Perhaps there were other circumstances during his turning that aren't explored yet. I do think however that is wrong to categorize him as a "monster". He is something unique (at least till proven otherwise).

Edit: Also Valravn is somewhere between 800 and 1000 years old assuming that crusades happened in a similar period in that universe. That's more than enough time to reach level 5 and even forget about it.

We also have these pieces of lore:

Research on Tainted:
"The Tainted are monsters tainted by mysterious stone artifacts, the fourth most commonly encountered type of monster"
"They are monsters that can belong to Type 1, 2 or 3, but have been tainted by mysterious stone artifacts often found near their nests or on their bodies."
"From what we've seen, any type of monster can become one, and when they do, they grow in both strength and ferocity."
"Becoming a Tainted is one of the very few ways monsters can increase their natural strength by such a large margin, as the bulk of them cannot evolve in the same way Superhumans can."
This research technically leaves open the possibility that some monsters may be able to evolve.

Narrator during Alice's evolution
"She's overwhelming, on a scale that can't be compared to how she, or even her crystal plated companion were fighting before."
"The many monsters within the chimera's genes cry out in recognition, an evolution, the dreaded growth superhumans can achieve that monsters cannot."
"But the magnitude with which she's improved is enormous even by those standards, it must have something to do with that huge burst of energy she released before her ascension."
"To begin with, she was far more powerful than any level 1 superhuman has any right to be. The compatibility with her sire must be near perfection."
"But surviving that rampant energy from earlier, seems to have amplified that all the more so."
I think at this point is kind of a stretch to assume that monsters can evolve like superhumans do. Sure we know that they can increase their power thanks to Deryl, but it's not exactly evolution in the sense that we know. It's more like the Zerg definition that is more "hand's on". You eat and you get stronger. You use augmentations, organic or mechanical, or some type of "alchemy". These types of things.

Last edited:

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
My theory is that superhumans can evolve thanks to their human genes, not the monster ones. Althought this is speculation.

Valravn should be able to evolve. He was turned like a superhuman does (superaven?), but there is what I understand as a "strategic silence" when the game references his power. I think the reason he can't is due to him not being human, but an animal, although this doesn't really make sense to me since all organic life can "evolve" in the Darwinian sense. Perhaps there were other circumstances during his turning that aren't explored yet. I do think however that is wrong to categorize him as a "monster". He is something unique (at least till proven otherwise).

Research on Tainted:

This research technically leaves open the possibility that some monsters may be able to evolve.

I think at this point is kind of a stretch to assume that monsters can evolve like superhumans do. Sure we know that they can increase their power thanks to Deryl, but it's not exactly evolution in the sense that we know. It's more like the Zerg definition that is more "hand's on". You eat and you get stronger. You use augmentations, organic or mechanical, or some type of "alchemy". These types of things.
At least we know that whatever the process monsters go through it's not like the one that happens to superhumans.
HERO leaves the possibility open but maybe it's because they found monsters too strong to be "normal" and for the lack of complete knowledge they assume it might be because of evolution, they also know about relics and how they increase the power of monsters.

The narration during Alice's evolution seems to show the monster's perspective and from their side looks like they can't evolve.

Personally i think superhumans can get stronger than their monster parents because they are not getting their powers per se, when they evolve they are instead connecting to either their numbered, arbiter or maybe even something stronger. Deus bad end shows that Mc connected to (apparently) another plane of existence, maybe they connect to something at the place of origin of the monsters.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I recall there being a scene in the HERO classroom where the ranks of monsters are talked about. Now I have no clue if monsters can evolve but we know they all have assigned ranks. The Minyaks if I'm not wrong are the lowest ranked thus far in the game (might be wrong about that) but we do see 2 come together to become a giant variant. Perhaps in certain cases that would be considered their 'evolution' and thus their rank was 'increased' but I'm unsure what it'd be from the their usual (even MC at his level at the time was able to take it on with minimal difficulty from what I recall).

More or less, it might just depend on the monster. I'm more curious about seeing those very high ranked or special variants of monsters (I think those were mentioned in the HERO class as well and are probably what we could consider 'evolutions' of the standard monster variants HERO fights) that are stronger than the typical variant of monsters we see, the 2 Minyaks coming together might be a special variant in that case but I have no clue that might just be something Minyaks can do whenever or under certain circumstances.

My mind is foggy on the HERO class stuff so please do correct me if I'm wrong on anything.
No you're right, but the ranks are H.E.R.O's iteration of how to categorize monsters based on how difficult they are. From this we can determine that a large majority of them are relatively the same strength, like the sewer Minyaks. But whether or not they can become STRONGER through a sudo evolution by talking with their ancestors is up for debate is what I was trying to get at.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019

Edit: Also Valravn is somewhere between 800 and 1000 years old assuming that crusades happened in a similar period in that universe. That's more than enough time to reach level 5 and even forget about it.

Research on Tainted:

That makes sense, I didn't remember that key piece of dialogue during Alice's evolution. So then I'm assuming that's why the Origins want to come down to earth via a Superhuman vessel. If they do it that way they CAN become stronger than what they already are in essence. Sorry I have a terrible memory as prevalent in this thread, but I did feel like I should've mentioned it because it's a topic I feel like I don't see a lot about; being whether or not Monsters can Evolve that is. Origins thing is up for debate :LOL:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
-snip-

Personally i think superhumans can get stronger than their monster parents because they are not getting their powers per se, when they evolve they are instead connecting to either their numbered, arbiter or maybe even something stronger. Deus bad end shows that Mc connected to (apparently) another plane of existence, maybe they connect to something at the place of origin of the monsters.
It is highly probable that the source of power that facilitates the superhuman evolution is something fundamental and cosmic, even beyond monsters. We get some hints about the cosmos during MC's evolution and the deadend37 events.

There is this line during MC's third evolution:

"My heartbeat quickens, the powerful muscle bursting with ancient power, pumping raw strength throughout my body, so much so that it blazes through the black armor that is now my own flesh."
Or these snippets from the lvl 5 MC.
"I crash through the ceiling, out into the open sky."
You "*deep breath*"
"It feels better, but still oh so confined. I don't like this place; I don't like it at all."
"It's part of me, born from me, and yet still.... I can't abide it."
"But I must, there is more I need to do here. Someone I need to see. Their chosen."
You "WherRe.."
"I scan the area, it's filled with our tainted lineage, too many for me to count."
The word tainted here probably means something important. Perhaps the monsters beyond the numbered are an accident that wasn't supposed to happen?

Goliath thinks that whatever this being is, it's a god. The word faith is used. In a lot of fantasy works, gods are creators.

When talking about Malik, it says this:
"This body has surpassed its fifth, and yet still, the looming warrior fills me with apprehension. I'm not yet ready, I need at least one."
When he sees Ella and Nico:
"Rock breaks beneath my body, as it crashes through the mountain."
"Waiting for me are two perfected spawn, engaged in heated battle."
While this may not be a surprise, I think it's important to note that even to monsters, gods, or whatever this being is, the superhuman evolutions are a universal truth. It's not just something abstract, or some theory that humans and superhumans have conceived to explain the increases in power.

Is it possible that both humans and monsters descent from/are created by the Arbiters? That humans and monsters are actually related? Who knows.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
It is highly probable that the source of power that facilitates the superhuman evolution is something fundamental and cosmic, even beyond monsters. We get some hints about the cosmos during MC's evolution and the deadend37 events.

There is this line during MC's third evolution:

The word tainted here probably means something important. Perhaps the monsters beyond the numbered are an accident that wasn't supposed to happen?

Goliath thinks that whatever this being is, it's a god. The word faith is used. In a lot of fantasy works, gods are creators.

When talking about Malik, it says this:

When he sees Ella and Nico:

While this may not be a surprise, I think it's important to note that even to monsters, gods, or whatever this being is, the superhuman evolutions are a universal truth. It's not just something abstract, or some theory that humans and superhumans have conceived to explain the increases in power.

Is it possible that both humans and monsters descent from/are created by the Arbiters? That humans and monsters are actually related? Who knows.
There are a few things that caught my attention:

1. Bad end Mc says that he doesn't like the place, even if it is part of him and born from him, at the moment HERO and SIN are fighting inside the pocket dimension made by hexenringue, is Mc refering to it ? because it doesn't look like something that resembles the powers of Body or Memory.

2. He mentions both "perfected spawn" refering to Ella and Nico, two superhumans, yet maybe "tainted lineage" refers to the monsters, so could it be that monsters consider infecting other creatures as their real way to reproduce ?

3. He says that he needs to "meet their chosen"and "i need at least one", so it's not his chosen, maybe this shows that 3rd and 4rth chose Ella and Mc so it makes sense to think it IS the arbiter talking, but at the same time he says he needs at least one, does that mean it could potentially be a chosen of another numbered? i mean if he absorbed a different spawn not related to his numbered could that work to restore his power?.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Tainted lineage probably means not the pure form of the origin (or the parts of that from the Apostles)..
Aglaecwif tells us Ella is collecting the hearts of creatures with a pure and untainted lineage to the Apostles (or something like that anyway) so pure would be from just 1 Apostle and untainted would mean no other influences, like being tainted or part of their own species (either monster or spawn) deforming the powers of said Apostles in any way...

If the purpose of the Apostles is to bring back their Arbiter, only offspring of the 2 twins would matter, any combination of spawns that have a different Origin is useless... A spawn of the first breeding a spawn of the seventh simply will not match...

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
The stats screen shows ??? for our Evolution Level during that dead end, so I'm inclined to believe that we actually reach a state beyond simply just fifth evolution. Whether that's a true "level 6" sort of thing or just a very powerful level 5 however is obviously still up for debate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Monsters obviously can get stronger, but it seems as if the way evolution works for us, where we basically remake our whole self every time we evolve, to not just become stronger but become like the next version of ourselves is something beyond them. Like instead of just tuning a car, you get a new one.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Tainted lineage probably means not the pure form of the origin (or the parts of that from the Apostles)..
Aglaecwif tells us Ella is collecting the hearts of creatures with a pure and untainted lineage to the Apostles (or something like that anyway) so pure would be from just 1 Apostle and untainted would mean no other influences, like being tainted or part of their own species (either monster or spawn) deforming the powers of said Apostles in any way...

If the purpose of the Apostles is to bring back their Arbiter, only offspring of the 2 twins would matter, any combination of spawns that have a different Origin is useless... A spawn of the first breeding a spawn of the seventh simply will not match...
This explanation makes a lot of sense.

The stats screen shows ??? for our Evolution Level during that dead end, so I'm inclined to believe that we actually reach a state beyond simply just fifth evolution. Whether that's a true "level 6" sort of thing or just a very powerful level 5 however is obviously still up for debate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Monsters obviously can get stronger, but it seems as if the way evolution works for us, where we basically remake our whole self every time we evolve, to not just become stronger but become like the next version of ourselves is something beyond them. Like instead of just tuning a car, you get a new one.
I have entertained the thought in a previous post, that there is actually a 6th evolution, based on something Ella said after fixing Mia. I was probably overreaching and reading too much between the lines, but the main idea is that level 5 is the state where the Superhuman is ready to fullfill the purpose it was turned, and those select few that can actually complete their assignment evolve again.

Of course Humans have their own agenda, no matter if they are super or normal. It probably requires a certain level of "monster affinity" (for the lack of a better term) just to get the task.

The relative snippet is this:
Ella "Mhm. Once you've reached your fifth evolution, your body will lose its ability to evolve further."
Ella "The mechanism inside you will cease to function, you will be for all intents and purposes, complete."
Ella "No more deviation in your powers, no more unlocking new abilities. Only improving on what you already have."
You "(Five huh? I guess I have a number to shoot for. Assuming I can even endure them.)"
Ella "Until you're ready to fulfill the purpose of the powers given to you."
You "Purpose?"
Ella "Of course. You don't think monsters just give out power for no reason, do you?"
This can be read two ways:
1) Reach level 5 and continue getting stronger until you are strong enough to fullfill the purpose.
2) Reach level 5 and you will be given a purpose. The evolution mechanism will stop till you are ready to complete it.

I won't say that the chances of the second interpretation are high but I think it's something to keep in the back of my mind.
Ella is very cryptic about what the monsters want even if she claims that it's "simple". However perhaps the "simplicity" lies in.. passing the torch? Isn't that a big part of what parenthood is about?

If that's the case, then there's your 6th evolution. Not that groundbreaking of a revelation, but it makes some sense.

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
This explanation makes a lot of sense.

I have entertained the thought in a previous post, that there is actually a 6th evolution, based on something Ella said after fixing Mia. I was probably overreaching and reading too much between the lines, but the main idea is that level 5 is the state where the Superhuman is ready to fullfill the purpose it was turned, and those select few that can actually complete their assignment evolve again.

Of course Humans have their own agenda, no matter if they are super or normal. It probably requires a certain level of "monster affinity" (for the lack of a better term) just to get the task.

The relative snippet is this:

This can be read two ways:
1) Reach level 5 and continue getting stronger until you are strong enough to fullfill the purpose.
2) Reach level 5 and you will be given a purpose. The evolution mechanism will stop till you are ready to complete it.

I won't say that the chances of the second interpretation are high but I think it's something to keep in the back of my mind.
Ella is very cryptic about what the monsters want even if she claims that it's "simple". However perhaps the "simplicity" lies in.. passing the torch? Isn't that a big part of what parenthood is about?

If that's the case, then there's your 6th evolution. Not that groundbreaking of a revelation, but it makes some sense.
I'm of the opinion that said purpose is to be a vessel for the return of the arbiters, for those apostles working towards that goal, which seems to at least be our twin pair of apostles. It's possible that it's ??? because by allowing the origin into you, you've transcended into a higher plane of existence and as such labels like evolution levels stop mattering, rather than just level 6 or whatever.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I'm kinda curious if the MC (or HERO) in general will ever encounter a monster beyond S rank. the way the teacher made it sound it seems like they do not exist but he does say when a student asks about it "then we're all fucked" seems like level 5s won't be able to stop it and in such case perhaps there is something beyond level 5 but what exactly I have no clue.

My guess is that no one has been able to breach past level 5 simply because no one found a way around what has ceased functioning to even allow further evolution to begin with so it's just assumed 5 is the hard limit. Perhaps evolving beyond level 5 requires something else rather than the usual people have done and that's why everyone is just stuck at 5 when they get there.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'm kinda curious if the MC (or HERO) in general will ever encounter a monster beyond S rank.
It's probably just S+ if it's a really strong S rank monster... Superhumans on their 5th evolution still get stronger too, they're just the top level... And why would that change any time soon, there's only 13 of them.... ;) (12 Hero, + Ella)

Reactions: ItzSyther

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
So what emy wanna talk about? How many women are we cockzilling? XD ; Gonnna ditch us for being a manwhore? Or as lexi said gonna do a Group job with the harem to give us a free sex change?

Eirror

Oct 27, 2020
Just played the new update and I want to say the sex scenes really improved. Good job WeirdWorld. The action keeps reaching new heights. This transcended being a porn game with inspiration from prototype into one of the best visual novels I have ever seen. It's a cool experience, the art keeps improving and the story is solid. While as a horny game it's alright to good. As a game it's a blast to play, read and watch.
I am really glad to see a world with it's own worldbuilding and concepts. This is one of the games best strengths. Good characters that feel real and are fun to watch and interact with.
Just a thought weird. If you ever want this gem to blow up, put it on steam and get someone with a following to give a shout out and if you want main stream add an option for either censored or implied sexual content.

P.S Been playing and following your work for a long time and it always put a smile on my face and I hope you enjoyed making the game.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Just played the new update and I want to say the sex scenes really improved. Good job WeirdWorld. The action keeps reaching new heights. This transcended being a porn game with inspiration from prototype into one of the best visual novels I have ever seen. It's a cool experience, the art keeps improving and the story is solid. While as a horny game it's alright to good. As a game it's a blast to play, read and watch.
I am really glad to see a world with it's own worldbuilding and concepts. This is one of the games best strengths. Good characters that feel real and are fun to watch and interact with.
Just a thought weird. If you ever want this gem to blow up, put it on steam and get someone with a following to give a shout out and if you want main stream add an option for either censored or implied sexual content.

P.S Been playing and following your work for a long time and it always put a smile on my face and I hope you enjoyed making the game.
I still need some proper god damn pov doggystyle and a mating press back view personally but yes, the sex scenes have improved I suppose. I was thoroughly impressed by the new Liz NTR scene (looks wise) in particular. They've also improved their descriptive dialogue as well I've noticed, which can make or break a scene for most people. All I know is if we get some missionary or tentacle bullshit with Lisa I'm gonna lose my my fuckin mind.

Reactions: ItzSyther

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Micheal Carlowe - Level 2 - Energy Absorption and Emission. Absorbs ambient energy and superhuman energy to mix with his own internal energy. Energy can be repurposed to augment his physical abilities or be emitted as radiation blasts. Combat veteran. Confirmed child of the 2nd Apostle (the Power).
Hey, late in this, Michael is still on Evo 1. His big scene in the last update was just "figuring out how his powers work" not him evolving.

He's due for the serum, because "it's been a while since his evolution" while Alice and MC couldn't get it because they were too fresh.

Reactions: bloodaxis

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yeah, I would say we need some more variety with the sex scenes. We have to fuck Danica doggy style. Like, come on. The joke completes itself with her not being able to take it from the back. For Ella, she pretty much has variety already. We just need normal solo scenes with her really. Alice has a lot of variety too.

It's not that there's no variety, honestly, but more so that the scenes seem limited with the character it's with. Take Lexi for example. She thicc as hell after her rework. You would think the MC would be grabbing her titties, groping her ass and pulling on her piercings during sex but it's just missionary. It is their first sex though so maybe the MC was being more reserved with her? I hope we get to fuck her in her suit at least once and come on, sleep sex has to happen too. Similar to how he does it to Liz. Lexi just tells us we can do whatever we want with her body while she sleeps. Saying "It's not like you can actually hurt me during it" before making his dick diamond hard while pounding her.

Back to Ella though, I'm more surprised that she doesn't do something as simple as kiss the MC at times. All she does is make claims of being possessive without actually showing it. I believe she only kissed us at the start and that's it. If she forcibly kissed us at times like we're her property, it would make a lot of scenes wild(especially with Christie). Like that park scene where the MC can doubt her intentions. That actually felt like one of the best moments for that, in my opinion. But hey, imagine their reunion after she revives and the MC tries to read her memories. Only to be pulled in for a kiss in front of everybody. It would be insane. Alice might just lose her shit.

Even something as simple as kissing like that would've made her seem serious about it. I get that some players would've found it annoying, especially if they hated her but it would only happen for players that have high relationship points with her, like myself. I think I have like 9 or 10 points with her or something.

But yeah, I think some scenes could use some more spice to them. Nico definitely needs to be fucked into submission. If any character needed to be dominated, it's her. I wouldn't want her personality to be changed outside of sex but during it, she gets pounded into oblivion. Face pinned down and her ass up, ready to be ravaged. I'm getting horny just thinking about it, if I'm being honest.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes