IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
how could the MC even go about beating deus, even when we reach evolution 5 how do you beat a guy who can go back in time at will and kill your past self when your at a lower evolution
The only ways I can think of are related to power dampening or nullification.
Only someone who can shield himself from all powers constantly would have a chance against time related powers.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xhib

alkeera

May 1, 2018
From what i have seen Deus' powers are not time related. They are space-time related. Bending fabric of space-time, accessing higher dimensions, travelling between world branches after wave functions collapses, etc. I bet his passive protective power is quantum immortality. You beat someone like this secretly via proxy or by slowly or suddenly messing with his head, driving him mad, twisting his memories and personality, breaking his perception of reality, trapping him inside his own nightmare. And MC recently got his new mental amplifying armour. What a coincidence. I know a Chekhov's gun when i see one. MC probably will fight wearing it with either Deus or that new guy from SIN in the near future. Storywise i wouldn't mind shifting attention to mental aspect of MC's power too. Mind battles and shenanigans open limitless interesting possibilities and WW hardly touched it.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Well, the 3rd is "the body" but a body can exist outside time. The same way Ella makes herself inexorable, we do the same thing, just to our own form, through time.

Could also use Memory to perpetual create new "Root Points" which we can grow out of. If we don't treat Time as strictly linear (If you're strong enough to warp space, why not warp time too).

Basically, instead of being a creature affected by the past and affectig the future, just become a creature which affects the past and future. Easy enough.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So the time comes where I have to choose a name for MC's hero name. I'm like

Inner Monologue
"Hmm, what's the most obvious thing about this character?"
"That his armor is black..?".
"That he makes black tentacle fists?"
"Black sounds good, so Black K..??? Black Knight!!"

Of course something didn't sit right with me (mostly that I wanted a single word name). It's a main character after all and I had to choose a name the spoke to my soul or some shit, I tried a few other ideas, eventually I settled on just "Black". It's catchy,

And that's how Black, Spawn of the Fourth, came to be.

Edit: Other names I considered but decided against
Dark - This was inspired by the game "The Darkness". "Darkness" sounded feminine to me but Dark didn't have as much weight as black in my ears.
Arsenal - Inspired by the weapons he created during his fight with Deryl, both monster and hydra. Decided against cause I'm always reminded of football (the one you use your feet, not your body weight)
Hunter - Sounded more like a surname.
Mist - Tried to broaden my thinking. Being a shapechanger makes you take on any form, being like water, mist is related. Something like that. Decided against cause mist is white.

Last edited:
Reactions: xhib

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

So the time comes where I have to choose a name for MC's hero name. I'm like

Inner Monologue
"Hmm, what's the most obvious thing about this character?"
"That his armor is black..?".
"That he makes black tentacle fists?"
"Black sounds good, so Black K..??? Black Knight!!"

Of course something didn't sit right with me (mostly that I wanted a single word name). It's a main character after all and I had to choose a name the spoke to my soul or some shit, I tried a few other ideas, eventually I settled on just "Black". It's catchy,

And that's how Black, Spawn of the Fourth, came to be.

I know what you mean i also suck at naming things my dog is called fluffball no it's not a joke people hear the name and think is a small dog till they see the big Ball of dead coming to them to say hi XD. Or even better when we are taking a walk and people hear it's name they look at me like wut ? XD . But he is coward who leave as soon as he feels my wife friends :(
Traitor

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I know what you mean i also suck at naming things my dog is called fluffball no it's not a joke people hear the name and think is a small dog till they see the big Ball of dead coming to them to say hi XD
You know what, my dog's name is the equivalent of "Whitey" in my mother tongue. My dog is mostly black with some brown and a bit of white on his belly. Care to guess why? ^_^
My dog doesn't care who you are. He cares about food and prioritizes people based on who is more likely to feed him. He loooves my mother cause she can't resist him.

• Haha
Reactions: xhib and necromater

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
You know what, my dog's name is the equivalent of "Whitey" in my mother tongue. My dog is mostly black with some brown and a bit of white on his belly. Care to guess why? ^_^
My dog doesn't care who you are. He cares about food and prioritizes people based on who is more likely to feed him. He loooves my mother cause she can't resist him.
I know i have a huge dogbed on my mancave for him. My wife gets all jealous and says why the dog can enter and she can't well
Sweet imp light of my life. When you and your Friends get tipsy always do mean shit to him (goth make up, goth dress up , feed Him "treats" that turn him into a cow or goat fucker depends if the cow is up for it or that the goats don't beat the Living crap out of it) and the main reason is because it's my place to be alone to calm down or more likely to safeguard my soul from your aquelarre :p

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Let's stop before syther comes with his dogclapper ways and go about how shadow is the only dog we Need or some other shit that go on for 12sagas with 6 twin books 3 seasons and 1 long ass movie

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it but since I'm backing up my saves and redoing my Murderhobo playthrough. I should update on how ridiculous my saves are now. Just to give you an idea. On my main, before doing this update, I was on page 435 with 2613 saves in total, including auto saves and so on. Now I'm on page 602 with 3616 saves after this update. That's a massive jump, holy shit. Nearly 200 pages.

My overall total saves across my 4 playthroughs is 6,305 saves(Main = 3,616 saves, Corruption Main = 1,160 saves, Murderhobo = 692 saves and Max Skill/0 Corruption = 837 saves). From these numbers alone, you can see how ridiculous my main is getting at this point. It's now over 1GB. That's reaching close to double the actual game itself. All 4 counted together is 1.6GBs.

I think I have a save hoarding problem. :oops:

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it but since I'm backing up my saves and redoing my Murderhobo playthrough. I should update on how ridiculous my saves are now. Just to give you an idea. On my main, before doing this update, I was on page 435 with 2613 saves in total, including auto saves and so on. Now I'm on page 602 with 3616 saves after this update. That's a massive jump, holy shit. Nearly 200 pages.

My overall total saves across my 4 playthroughs is 6,305 saves(Main = 3,616 saves, Corruption Main = 1,160 saves, Murderhobo = 692 saves and Max Skill/0 Corruption = 837 saves). From these numbers alone, you can see how ridiculous my main is getting at this point. It's now over 1GB. That's reaching close to double the actual game itself. All 4 counted together is 1.6GBs.

I think I have a save hoarding problem. :oops:
I leave first page free only for use in replay from 2 onward i save at the end of each update to keep things in order if i want to Begin in a given point.
Fuck this is just deus power XD for gamers.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

xhib

Feb 1, 2019
how could the MC even go about beating deus, even when we reach evolution 5 how do you beat a guy who can go back in time at will and kill your past self when your at a lower evolution
I can think of a way.

The MC can alter his mass. Heavy as a giant, light as a fly. Both Xanthe and Ella point to Level 4 as the point when the impossible becomes possible. If he can reach a massless state, he should be able to move at lightspeed. That's not enough to beat Deus. He'd need to go even further.

Negative mass is a hypothetical type of exotic matter. It's a separate concept to antimatter. Runaway motion, anti-gravity, faster-than-light speeds and time travel are theoretically possible if negative mass exists.

It wouldn't be the first bit of hypothetical physics in the game. Gravitons are hypothetical and Alice generates them. FTL is possible according to Xanthe. Deus can definitely see the future and seemingly travel back in time. Negative mass really isn't that out of place in a setting like this.
Since it's just "mass-shifting", Ella could also do it.
Question for all you willing to answer, what do you name the MC's "hero" name?

I choose crusader because I originally thought the monsters would have something to do demons or some other mythological category of beings, that and I just think it's cool

also for my corruption run to see the all the other lines of dialogue and see the arbiter mc i choose evil gamer as the hero name because who else would go out of their to kill everything they see except a true murder hobo gamer
The moment the Captains were introduced I knew I needed better hero names. Each team bears their old code name and they all sound mythical or legendary.

Low Corruption Route: I went with Galahad. Mythical knight in shining armour with the miraculous healing abilities of the Holy Grail. Simple, but it puts a dumb smile on my face every time it appears in dialogue.

High Corruption Route was a lot harder. I chose Behemoth but I meant Bahamut. Primeval beast. Crocodile-skin is a little dragon-like, he can fly and turn into a giant. The MC is a gamer. I wasn't sold on it until the kaiju battle with the Minyak, then it felt earned.

They both work pretty well as team names too.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
It's just a bit weird. I don't let other players dictate my own playthrough. Syther loves Shadow. Him loving her isn't going to make me hate her because he proclaims his love for her daily. I think for myself, in that regard. People love Ella, I hate her depending on the playthrough. In this instance, my hate is still my own. It has nothing to do with Ella simps or fans, though they can be just as annoying as me with my Nico simping. It's still my own legit reason from within the game. Same with Jake. Same with HERO. Same with Nico. It's all my own with no influence by any other player.

The 4th is my mommy because I like her. I like her power, what she stands for, being "The Memory" and her design. There's also her variations of scenes throughout the game that I find cooler, visually. Then there's the fact that the MC legit has mommy issues as well. Those are my reasons for liking her. The lewd stuff actually had absolutely no part in it at all :Kappa:.
I won't lie I mostly visit this forum when I'm high, so I mostly just realize different things about the game for example I chose the 4th for about 12 playthroughs now and I've only done 1 playthrough with the 3rd, I'm not gonna stop choosing 4th but I like comparing different options. Also tbh I usually don't remember any posts I make ngl.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
is the main charcter eyes ever shown?
During the 2nd Evolution, you see it briefly. As to not spoil, I won't go too in detail, in case you haven't reached that yet. You also see it a couple more times and in a flashback a bit further from that scene.

Reactions: momomohas
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes