ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Honestly not far off from the current world, lots of countries require you to learn English if I'm not mistaken.
A lot do indeed. I guess its primarily because the leading superpower of the world is a primarily English speaking country and the previous superpower also was one (Hello my British homies) more or less if you wanna do business with the big boi you need to learn big boi's language (or at least their dominant one).

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Now that we're talking about SH's political lore, the "president"'s authority has been undermined by dexter, but it looks like he should have an iron grip over the populace no? We know that they're an authoritarian democracy or something of the like and the "great unifier" is a fhürer like figure who fought a world war for world domination. This sounds awfally similar to our own history...

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Now that we're talking about SH's political lore, the "president"'s authority has been undermined by dexter, but it looks like he should have an iron grip over the populace no? We know that they're an authoritarian democracy or something of the like and the "great unifier" is a fhürer like figure who fought a world war for world domination. This sounds awfally similar to our own history...
Now this is just a guess from me but I think the president despite wielding all that power is nothing more than a 'figurehead' at least thats how Dexter made it sound since all the prior leaders were aware of Dexter and what he (and his friends) could do to make their life hell (although not the superhuman part...at least I think its been a while since I seen their first interaction)

Also ultimately despite all that power the President can't do much against HERO even with all of his soldiers and humanity itself potentially backing him up too (just imagine how fast the level 5s could take on the world govt hell Jake at his peak during his arc I believe even mentioned he wanted to take over more sectors so if he could do all that at his low level the level 5s don't have much to worry about).

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
A lot do indeed. I guess its primarily because the leading superpower of the world is a primarily English speaking country and the previous superpower also was one (Hello my British homies) more or less if you wanna do business with the big boi you need to learn big boi's language (or at least their dominant one).
Bro the Brits are BRUTAL in history (as is the US ofc) but I remember when China had all their trade cut off from the rest of the world, but due to the Silk Road EVERYONE wanted to see what this one country was doin by themselves.

So after many countries got the boot, and a few missionaries from the Catholic Church were killed over and over; the Brits started smuggling in DRUGS and the Chinamen got addicted and started dying all over the place. When China REFUSED and started to crack down on it, the Brits showed up with a big ass fleet and practically told them to keep taking the drugs AND open yo trade.

At least, that's what I remember from my History teacher a billion years ago. Probably got plenty of those wrong, and no, I don't believe it was the Opium War, may have been a precursor to it though...
Regardless; I just remember that China was minding it's own business while the rest of the world was trying to communicate across the seas, and the Brits just DID NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE for the LIFE of them.

Reactions: ItzSyther

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
no, I don't believe it was the Opium War, may have been a precursor to it though...
Was indeed the opium wars but the actions done by the British prior to it basically led to the Chinese doing its prohibition of the shit (and then boom goes the war).

Chinese history ain't my specialty but I remember 'enough' from my college history class about it.

The brits were indeed brutal but mannnnn the various Chinese dynasty fumbled the fucking bag so hard I don't even feel bad man.

They got gun powder and did nothing with it (other than neat fireworks), they had the compass and then their paranoid asf emperor went all isolationist and got rid of their massive fleet (which had ships far larger than any European ship at that time and for a very long time after even that too).

Just imagine if that emperor kept the fleet around...the Europeans would of shat themselves and stayed out of Asia (for how long idk).

Edit: They also had their version of the print and press (which predates the European one and yes they fumbled that bag too).

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I thought as much, unless I'm dating a 14 yr old with an EINSTEIN level of maturity with the bod of a 20yr old; I see no incentive to date someone that young. Pretty sure they are just getting out of 8th grade of in 9th at that age over here.
well you should see some italian teenagers (they develop pretty much istantly, mentally and phisically) but yeah they're basically at the first year of high school

Mal1

Sep 26, 2017
Do I have to level both power and skill or can I just keep going for power? I'm a bit confused by the walk through.

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
As for Discord itself: You'd be hard pressed to find anything worth of discussion there. Discord's very nature of "flowing" like a goddamn waterfall, and the ease with which one is able to just "post" stuff, impedes finding even the few snippets of posts that are, in fact, worth it. I counted like two guys there that took discussion seriously, and even they got drowned out due to the aforementioned stream of fluff and lack of adequate conversation partners.

But the saddest, and most ironic, part is that everyone there gets told not to come here to our F95 thread. Even those that ask for more places where they would be able to discuss the game.
I do despise that Discord has more or less replaced forums. It really isn't fit to do so.
But there's actually a rather large amount of serious discussion in the spoiler channel on the Superhuman discord.
And there's more like a dozen people who take it fairly seriously, though rarely are all participating simultaneously.
As for F95- this thread doesn't get mentioned often, except to point people in this direction when they're impatient after an update and don't want to wait for the public release.
For any who do visit the Superhuman discord- Ignore gen chat and its inhabitants. Spoiler-channel is where actual discussion happens.

I don't understand how on Discord they could say we're basically a "meme page". Shit we've brought politics, ages of consent and chinese/british history in this forum
It's probably mostly Syther's dogclapper ritualposting, and similar posts giving that impression.

Mal1

Sep 26, 2017
Do I have to level both power and skill or can I just keep going for power? I'm a bit confused by the walk through.
Alright I just found this post, so I think it is one or the other. Unless anyone has any additional input.

"Currently there's 2 main routes ; power/corruption or skill/no corruption. (you need either 80 power or 19 skill to get 1 of 4"

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Alright I just found this post, so I think it is one or the other. Unless anyone has any additional input.

"Currently there's 2 main routes ; power/corruption or skill/no corruption. (you need either 80 power or 19 skill to get 1 of 4"
My bad bro, what part of the game are you on exactly? I could give you some advice if I had that bit of info.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
It's probably mostly Syther's dogclapper ritualposting, and similar posts giving that impression.
Mannnn I'm just trying to bring justice to the fact the best girl still doesn't have a scene...ritual post I shall forever until then!
We do it for her.jpg
Those discord cunts can suck it! Shadow and Mommy 4th best girls!

And if Shadow doesn't get a scene....

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Hey, just wanted to drop in from the discord. It's mostly the dogfucking that makes people stay away from this thread. Not to say there aren't some raging creeps and assholes in the discord, but just like each country has their own shame, it's just more fun to point and laugh at others.

Also, there are SECRET DISCUSSION THREADS and channels for people to actually have discussions about the game. WW's laissez faire approach (i.e. not giving a shit about it) just means that most of the channels get flooded with dumb shit...Especially because people love being annoying. "If everyone hates you, you must be doing something right" types of people.

Reactions: Nevart

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Beautiful timing! Just went through Discord.

For starters: W.W. seems almost completely removed from their following, even on Discord. Only being around briefly when a new update drops, if even that.

As for Discord itself: You'd be hard pressed to find anything worth of discussion there. Discord's very nature of "flowing" like a goddamn waterfall, and the ease with which one is able to just "post" stuff, impedes finding even the few snippets of posts that are, in fact, worth it. I counted like two guys there that took discussion seriously, and even they got drowned out due to the aforementioned stream of fluff and lack of adequate conversation partners.

But the saddest, and most ironic, part is that everyone there gets told not to come here to our F95 thread. Even those that ask for more places where they would be able to discuss the game.

Meme-Spammers, they call us. Apparently blind to their own far more excessive ways.
"Filthy"-Dogclappers, they call us. As if a forum, any forum, without a firm cause and believe could be called anything but unworthy.

Blasphemous.

But back to our dear Dev.

I know not what keeps the creator at bay. Silence can only appease for so long. It would not just put my soul at ease if I knew he spared at least a few cursory glances our way, but also give me some hope. Hope for a future where Nico doesn't feel the need to tell of her massive body-count before doing the deed with us. Hope for a future where our goo-brain MC finally grows past his many god given limitations, like his goo-brain. Hope for...

Alas, one can only do just that, hope.
To be honest, they're not wrong. Syther is a dogclapper and Necromater is a meme spammer. But so what? We didn't get to 570 pages and over 11,000 post by talking about off topic things. We discussed the story, lore and theorized about stuff that could be interesting in great detail over dozens of pages. If some people want to post memes in-between or about their love for a particular character here and there, that's okay. We also assist new people asking for in game help with scenes or who just want to know more about the game. I don't see how that's a negative thing but Discord can believe what they want to. That kind of elitism and judgemental behavior is what ruins their own discussions.

As for WW not being active with his community. After seeing that shitshow on Itch.io and getting a glimpse at what's supposedly happening in the Discord above, it's not surprising at all. You'll rarely see Devs posting on F95, so that's not shocking that WW stopped posting and I'm frankly glad he did. It stops the more toxic trolls from coming to the thread since they know WW isn't active here. While we're slowly losing our damn minds in here, we're not out there pestering them. At least, I'm not.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
To be honest, they're not wrong. Syther is a dogclapper and Necromater is a meme spammer. But so what? We didn't get to 570 pages and over 11,000 post by talking about off topic things. We discussed the story, lore and theorized about stuff that could be interesting in great detail over dozens of pages. If some people want to post memes in-between or about their love for a particular character here and there, that's okay. We also assist new people asking for in game help with scenes or who just want to know more about the game. I don't see how that's a negative thing but Discord can believe what they want to. That kind of elitism and judgemental behavior is what ruins their own discussions.

As for WW not being active with his community. After seeing that shitshow on Itch.io and getting a glimpse at what's supposedly happening in the Discord above, it's not surprising at all. You'll rarely see Devs posting on F95, so that's not shocking that WW stopped posting and I'm frankly glad he did. It stops the more toxic trolls from coming to the thread since they know WW isn't active here. While we're slowly losing our damn minds in here, we're not out there pestering them. At least, I'm not.
I like to think of this forum as some kind of council seated at a round table composed of many factions with vacant posts for whoever is crazy enough to join

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes