Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
he specified DC uses a wacky power scaling not a narrative tool.
Power scaling itself is a narrative tool instrinic to every system with powers from comics to d&d, it goes by many names, pp, ap, levels, cr, etc but point is it exists in this setting and therefore the point I made applies.

Put more simply the existence of said system in game has already been stated to not be the be all and end of potential or ability. Just rough threshold of strength with wide gulfs between.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
Level 1 cant beat level 5 as I said prior, its just how it is even with Batman levels of prep.
I'm actually uncertain given that power negation and even outright neutralization tech has already been unveiled in game.

To unveil it and bring a superior down to your threshold of being able to defeat? A stretch sure but so was Punisher kneecapping the strongest magic user on earth.

To that end I could foresee a battlefield designed to destroy a superior opponent if you took the proper precautions and used the right gear, would it be difficult? Sure but impossible I doubt it. I'm plainly willing to disagree with Ella here.

My ultimate point put succinctly.

Level is a good measure for strength but it by measure does little to take into account all relevant facts, though admittedly at this point this is a scenario designed to kill someone stronger than you yourself but given it opened on the fragrantly false in my view notion that reality altering tech is somehow an unconquerable foe.

I'm fine with the slight topic shift.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EndlessNights
Mar 24, 2020
I'm actually uncertain given that power negation and even outright neutralization tech has already been unveiled in game.

To unveil it and bring a superior down to your threshold of being able to defeat? A stretch sure but so was Punisher kneecapping the strongest magic user on earth.

To that end I could foresee a battlefield designed to destroy a superior opponent if you took the proper precautions and used the right gear, would it be difficult? Sure but impossible I doubt it. I'm plainly willing to disagree with Ella here.

Level is a good measure for strength but it by measure does little to take into account all relevant facts, though admittedly at this point this is a scenario designed to kill someone stronger than you yourself but given it opened on the fragrantly false in my view notion that reality altering tech is somehow an unconquerable foe.

power negation works until you fight any monster with power negation

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Eh ultimately it matters not.

We wont be seeing any scenario where a level 1 challenges a level 5 the nearest we got was Jake who was planning to weaponize each sector to presumably fight Ella (and later on HERO) but that plan would of failed and even he says so when u encounter him at HERO for the first time.

Ignoring out of universe examples (DC/Marvel) the universe of Superhuman is consistent with its power scaling unlike the comparisons you've made.

It all relies upon 2 factors: Level, Experience.

Im just going to throw a fight out there:

Klaus vs MC

its undeniable that Klaus has more experience although they (MC and him) are on the same level and if we exclude Alice from the equation chances are MC would have lost which we see via bad end where MC doesnt help her and hell even if we include alice all it takes is for her to fuck off for just a few seconds to kill MC who by that point was already on the ground tryin to evolve (Klaus has seen and dealt with that before he even says so).

The environment has little impact on a character like the MC he's a shapeshifter...the ultimate adapter to all environments. Hell nearly every ability that his power allowed him to create was to adapt to a situation.

You could spend hundreds of years coming up with the best battlefield to combat MC in but if he adapts then all that effort is for naught and mind you this is assuming (again assuming) you have any info on him, the target (like weaknesses. Which at the moment it seems only Klaus took advantage of. HERO doesnt seem to be aware of his weaknesses).

A good portion of fights in this game the MC or other characters go in completely dark, this isnt a batman situation where he's already 200 steps ahead prepared for you. Its a spur of the moment thing.

Thus far only 3 characters have prepped for a foe and it had a range of results:
Jake: He was weaponizing the sector he was in to prepare for Ella but was ultimately defeated by MC despite having intel on MC and an army with him.
Michael: He prepped against Oscar and then again for his power which both succeeded.
Deryl: He prepared numerous traps for the MC yet still lost to him and again against michael during training sim but still lost.

Last edited:

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I didn't read everything but there's no indication the power negation tech or an ability similar to it would work on a Lvl 5, in fact everything screams the opposite.

If it's an ability of say a Lvl 1, it has to fight against the wells of power of a Lvl 5. Obviously a Lvl 5 has FAR more to pull from and there for probably wouldn't even have to physically beat you, you'd just kill yourself trying to affect them even a little.

As for the actual tech; H.E.R.O sucks. I dunno who's runnin the capture department but they need to be let go IMMEDIATELY. So far I'd wager the most intelligent (and powerful) thing they got housed there is Valravn (minus Apostle Avatar corpses). It's said that they ARE making bigger cages later but I'd wager they'd need all the inhibitors they could POSSIBLY get their hands on to actually PREVENT a Lvl 5 from using their abilities, if not just to nerf them a tad.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Some important points going forward:
1) Power suppression tech is a hybrid of human technology and "monster magic", requires monster material and like every power, it can be countered or just fail. Xanthe's monster weapons don't work on rank As for example.
2) As shown during the Alexis suppression cell scene, the superhuman's body retains the mutations even if it's strength is sapped, so the true effect of suppression is yet to be determined. It's possible that there are more than 1 effects at play in these cells.
3) Xanthe says that level 5s have transcended humanity alltogether, so it's likely that the tech doesn't even work on level 5s unless they allow it to happen.
4) A level 5 without abilities still has a body that is impervious to harm by all human technology.
5) A level 1 superhuman cannot create effects stronger than those human technology can create and the mental effects are prone to taking feedback damage, instantly killing the caster when used on a significantly more powerful foe.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
4) A level 5 without abilities still has a body that is impervious to harm by all human technology.
Not just human tech, but even monsters themselves can't harm a Level 5 superhuman body. As we saw during the Battle of Diamonds with Clark. He was passed out with barely any power left and yet the monster's crystal attack bounced off of his unconscious body. According to Clark, he's the weakest Level 5 in HERO.

We don't know the rank or class of the monster(Likely a C-Rank) but that shows that even superhumans with little to no power are still too durable for even Level 2 equivalent monsters to penetrate their bodies.

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Not just human tech, but even monsters themselves can't harm a Level 5 superhuman body. As we saw during the Battle of Diamonds with Clark. He was passed out with barely any power left and yet the monster's crystal attack bounced off of his unconscious body. According to Clark, he's the weakest Level 5 in HERO.

We don't know the rank or class of the monster(Likely a C-Rank) but that shows that even superhumans with little to no power are still too durable for even Level 2 equivalent monsters to penetrate their bodies.
It's not just lvl 5s, remember that jared attacks MC while we're distracted healing Laurie and the attack just bounces off, so a lvl 3 can't be harmed by a lvl 1.
I think we can extrapolate the following:
lvl 1 can't hurt lvl 3
lvl 2 can't hurt lvl 4
lvl 3 can only hurt lvl 5 if the lvl 3 is extraordinarily powerful for a lvl 3 (Like mr tree lieutenant)

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Ella even comments on the fact treeboi neglected his training which is something thing the game established superhumans have to do if they want to be stronger.
If my memory serves me right she says that he neglected his POWER not his training. The game makes it a point to openly state that he's extremely hard working and has been training diligently for 30 years.
Still, you can improve your body but there's a limit to the amount of power you can get even at lvl 3 apparently without evolving.

Mar 24, 2020
If my memory serves me right she says that he neglected his POWER not his training. The game makes it a point to openly state that he's extremely hard working and has been training diligently for 30 years.
Still, you can improve your body but there's a limit to the amount of power you can get even at lvl 3 apparently without evolving.
i agree with the fact he neglected power but there is no known limit for a level 3's strength.
He neglected his power by not evolving/trying new things with abilities, presumably due to the PSTD he got from failing to evolve into a level 4. (also he trained for 22 years not 30)

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
PP hoarders?
Drakoghoul and the murderhobos homies. PP stands for power points.

This is a great time to explain the Dogclapper pantheon and its structure:
View attachment 2874303
The one above all: This is where Mommy 4th sits and is above all others in the pantheon overlooking her children to ensure all is good.
Lady Shadow: Second in the hierarchy and devoted truthsayer to Mommy 4th, she is the head of our religion.
The Hiarchs: Third in position in the pantheon. These are typically Waifu who are very beloved by the dogclappers and represent something (such as Innocence in Mia's case).
The Lowarchs: Fourth in position in the pantheon...these are typically new Waifus who have yet to earn good grace among the clappers yet.
BETA BITCHES: The weak...the pitiful...lower than dirt itself. They are personal slaves to Lady Shadow.
"The one above all" yeah, sure, until daddy 3rd gets mad cuz she didn't cook dinner and "devours" her

Deleted member 5069289

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Favorite Fights:

0. Deus vs Origin MC
1. Nico(Lvl 5) vs Ella(Lvl5)
2. MC(Lvl2) vs Valravn
3. Nico(Lvl 5) vs Hex(S-Rank)
4. MC(Lvl1-2) vs Klaus(Lvl1)
5. Lexi(Lvl4) and Clark(Lvl4) vs Ella(Lvl4)

Honorable mentions:

Lewd Webbing(Beyond Lvl5) vs Lexi(Lvl5)
MC(Lvl1) vs Ella(Lvl4)
MC(Lvl3) vs Asura(A-Rank)
Michael(Lvl2) vs Tiffany(Lvl2)
Alice(Lvl2) vs Chimera Deryl
MC(Lvl1) vs Danica(Lvl2)
Malik(Lvl5) vs Ella(Lvl5)

Least Favorite:

1. MC(Lvl2) vs Jake(Lvl2)(Final)
2. Deryl(Lvl1) vs Del(Lvl1)
3. MC(Lvl2) vs Deryl(Lvl1)
4. MC(Lvl2) vs Jake(Lvl2)(Prison)
5. MC(Lvl3) and Deryl vs Medusa
6. MC(Lvl2) vs Jake(Lvl2) vs Deryl(Lvl1)
7. Michael vs Leigong
8. MC(Lvl2) vs Clover
9. Ella(Lvl4) vs Clark(Lvl5) and Lexi(Lvl5)
10. MC(Lvl2) vs Soldiers(Mall)
Favorite fight:
I gotta go with MC vs valravn

Least favorite:
Ella vs Alexis + Clark (unpopular opinion?)

Honorable mentions:
Mc (alone) vs monster snek
Sane origin Mc vs all the lvl 5s (hasn't happened yet but it would be dope)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aren't they siblings
I meant with the tentacles bruh go to horny jail
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
It's not just lvl 5s, remember that jared attacks MC while we're distracted healing Laurie and the attack just bounces off, so a lvl 3 can't be harmed by a lvl 1.
I think we can extrapolate the following:
lvl 1 can't hurt lvl 3
lvl 2 can't hurt lvl 4
lvl 3 can only hurt lvl 5 if the lvl 3 is extraordinarily powerful for a lvl 3 (Like mr tree lieutenant)
I was just using Clark as an example that even without power reinforcing them, their bodies can't be penetrated by beings that could annihilate humans with effort.

We don't actually need to do guess work. The game and WW already put it out there. Level 1 and 2 can beat each other and can still be threatened by humans and their weaponry. Level 3 on the other hand can't be beaten by the previous 3 because of stat and power difference. The chance of a Level 3 losing to a Level 2 is so low that it might as well be zero. This is backed up by Ella and HERO.

Moving up, Level 3 is the crossing point where there's no cap on power that can be gained like with Level 2 and below. A level 3 can affect a Level 4 and 5, if their power is high enough and they're experienced enough. We have examples of this with MC vs Asura(Weakened but A-Rank monster = Level 4 to 5), Cole(Lvl 3) giving Nico(Lvl 5) a nose bleed with his power and finally Tree Boy being able to kill Hrungnir(A-Rank) with ease before fighting Ella(Lvl 5).

Level 4 would follow the same process as Level 3 but at a much higher rate since they gain power much faster and can close the gap quicker between a Level 5. We saw Ella "fight" two new Level 5s in Lexi and Clark while holding her own. This is because her power growth was already close to there's and because she was an Apostle Spawn. Level 5 need no explaining, they can kill all of the previous levels with little to no effort on their part with only exceptional Level 3s and 4s being a problem for them.

So to sum it up. Level 1 and Level 2 won't be able to beat Level 3 and above because they're capped on power and partly still underdeveloped. Level 3 and above depends on multiple factors like power trait, age in the particular level and how much experience they have. Example being Tree Boy would probably kill MC but MC would likely beat Cole's ass in a fight. Tree Boy has been in Level 3 for decades and has power and stats on par with Level 5s. Cole on the other hand is only 18 and likely only been Level 3 for 2 to 3 years and yet the MC already closed the gap, according to the MC's Apostle parent. With Level 5, Nico vs Ella and Nico vs Hex(S-Rank) was pretty even but Ella vs Malik and Malik vs Goliath wasn't even close.

Ultimately, Level 5 won't ever be beaten or killed by anything below Level 3. It's fine for some to say Level 2s can beat Level 3s because Ella left a chance there in her comment, even though it's astronomically low, that it could happen. Anyone who thinks a Level 1 can beat a Level 5 would have to somehow prove the game and WW wrong because there's nothing to back up that stance in game at all. If anything, the game flat out tells you a single Level 5 could end the world, if they wanted to.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes