kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Replies to various posts I've seen in the last few pages and extra thoughts:

1. Michael and Alice vs Met and Rina

Don't expect much from this. Rina will take on Alice and will have trouble piercing her passive protections. Met will take on Michael and due to how their powers interact he won't be able to finish the job. Alice and Rina will probably take some heavier damage and that's that. Something will happen to break up the fight. That's all.

And don't expect Alice to do well vs Met. She's good, but she's a level 2. Michael will do well because he can absorb energy. He just has a better power.

I totally agree, we've already seen that Rina can't even hurt mc by surprise unless he lets her do it on purpose,
Michael has a matchup advantage over Met but he's still a level 2 too.
and with the four of them be trained killer, i wont see this fight comming to an end. But it will clearly serve as good training to push Alice and Michael close to level 3.
in my eyes, your scenario is too close to the fight between mc and him against the twins, especially since without Briar to heal them, Rina would surely be killed in this case,or maybe she wouldnt and both Rina and Alice would be severly wounded,which would lead to a truce.
The only other reason I could see is Mc, his name could be mentioned during the fight, because whether you befriend them or not Met and Rina seem to like him, and I can't see Alice telling them that Mc fought Klauss (and it was Alice who killed him in any case).

2. Valravn right now is probably weaker than a toddler.

He's been beaten so hard these last few months, and due to how his power works he probably is an a really bad spot. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Xanthe killed him as he was practically useless, not willing to speak to anyone. Unlikely but really not surprising.

Also I don't expect him to gain back his power by grinding hearts. It's a slow process, and he already tested Xanthe's patience by being tight lipped. So this time around, HERO will hunt to kill, not to capture.

Valravn probably still has a role to play. I don't think Deus would bother with giving him back the heart only for MC to fight him. I'm not sure how he's going to be restored to full strength, but I also don't think that we will see any hide and seek. He will probably find a cave to hide in and pray to his lord.

When Valravn fought mc he was already very weak but still strong enough to at least require a level 3 because Cole was fighting him (mc was able to do this at level 2 thanks to a perfect matchup against Valravn). So if he were able to escape, I don't have too many doubts that he could devour level 1-2 rookie superhumans or those who arent fighter type to regain a lot of strength and then escape if something that he cant handle shows up, because like you said, it would be far too long for him to play hide and seek.
He won't escape just to fight Mc, we agree on that. (if mc side with Ella , he could fight Valravn to steal is heart to give him to her? or simply to get it and devour it so that she can't get it. )

6. Tanos is not the enemy.

I expect him to:
Do everything in his power to makes sure the Twins come into their own.
Be sincere about helping Deryl with his philosopher stone, and comparing notes with him.
Not give a damn about Langdon and the other SIN heads.
Not give a damn about what the Chosen want.

However when MC wakes up and decides that enough is enough, Tanos will oppose this. He won't just accept losing the Twins as they are intergral to his research. The only question here is how the game will handle this and if we will be given a choice.

But, it's not all bad. In fact I think that Tanos has the potential to be an ally. I have this idea, that there are 3 Twin configurations:
1) Evander & Devana: Twins with different traits.
2) Amber & Liz: Twins with the same trait.
3) MC: Twin traits.

MC holds 2/3 of his research under his influence so I think that a compromise is possible. Past that point the problem is going to be the HERO captains.

Again i agree, i also suspect that he have something to do with Sya death/assimilation by mc, since mc's father brought him to his hospital during that time.
Also, Sya mention something about not beeing pure anymore an be replaced,but that her "mother" send her doing something else (curious about what since it cant be about mc), and who better than Tanos, a Rebis spawn scientist, to alter Sya purity, and made her partialy human, (we know that superhuman are infertile but they can still impregnate other monster so Sya cant be human or superhuman since she confirm to us that mc's father is human),and Sya could have wanted that to have a human child with the man she love? and that would explain why the 4th wouldnt like a child from Sya , she would be considered to be some kind of freak unfit te spread her trait.

7. HERO are in a tough spot and they are their own worst enemies.

Aside from that bit about Deus predicting trouble, it seems that HERO are once again stretched thin. The relationships between the leaders seem a bit strained and Bramon found his perfect opportunity to further his research into monsterkind, only to be met by groans and opposition.

It really feels like we are approaching a singularity. Lucius is paranoid, Bernhardt is angry, Zack is scared, Bramon is pushy, Malik and Nyx don't have anything useful to add and Dexter is probably bleeding money. It's been a fuckup after a fuckup.
These are all their failures:
1) Got nothing out of Valravn.
2) Got nothing out of Ella.
3) Lost 20000 Human soldiers.
4) Failed to create a good training regiment for new recruits.
5) Failed to control public opinion.
6) Failed to protect the twins.
7) Failed to protect MC.

Additionally there have been communication mistakes. Only 3 people knew about Bramon's plan to infiltrate the dimension, Bernhardt didn't know that Eisheth is supposed to be a uniquely strong monster etc.

The worst thing that can happen to HERO is miscommunication. While the leadership is strong enough to carry the organization through any problem, if they end up having a falling out, it's going to be catastrophic.

they all have different objectives and shoot in opposite directions, they dig their own graves all by themselves and with Bramon hell-bent on studying Eiseth and even other intelligent monsters, he's bound to end up biting off more than he can chew. The 1.0 is close and Valravn could perfectly fit in that and be the cause of a lot of loss amoud HERO superhuman recruit (among other things) and causing their organisation to fall (or being on the verge to)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtdead

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
When Valravn fought mc he was already very weak but still strong enough to at least require a level 3 because Cole was fighting him (mc was able to do this at level 2 thanks to a perfect matchup against Valravn). So if he were able to escape, I don't have too many doubts that he could devour level 1-2 rookie superhumans or those who arent fighter type to regain a lot of strength and then escape if something that he cant handle shows up, because like you said, it would be far too long for him to play hide and seek.
He won't escape just to fight Mc, we agree on that. (if mc side with Ella , he could fight Valravn to steal is heart to give him to her? or simply to get it and devour it so that she can't get it. )
This is how I see it:

Cole like always takes credit for the things he didn't do. Valravn required Ella, not a level 3. Valravn is a special case among monsters. When he gets injured, he loses power and true to his carrion nature he gains it back by consuming hearts (or something else, but he has a preference for them as it seems).

I think Valravn's timeline looks something like this:

1. Valravn is one of the Chosen S Class monsters with pure connections. He has a special heart that Ella wants.
2. She sends the kids to steal Valravn's heart, probably having hatched a plan first to do it easily and without a fight.
3. Valravn is using his heart for something, and he seems to be sleeping. Cole uses this chance to steal it which weakens Valravn greatly.
4. For some reason Cole fucks up,and a fight ensues between Valravn vs Cole, Charlie, Shen, Zara and Briar.
5. Valravn has protection against mental attacks, so Charlie, Shen and Zara couldn't do anything to him.
6. Ella (level 4 at the time) has to be involved and according to Briar she gets so wounded that she needs his healing.
7. Valravn is beaten to a pulp, and is extremely weakened and taken to the cave by Ella.
8. Ella releases Valravn to mess with HERO, and he goes on to eat hearts and regain his strength.
9. Deus for some reason decides to find and return his heart to him.
10. MC fights and beats Valravn to a pulp.

After Valravn's imprisonement by Ella, he spent weeks regaining his power by eating hearts, and Deus restored what seems to be his true heart. All he managed to do during this time is raise his power to 160~ and be considered a C+ Rank threat by HERO. So it's quite fair to assume that during his imprisonment he barely qualified as a C rank.

After MC doing so much damage to his heart, Bramon torturing him, staying in a suppressive field for months without the nurishment he needs, I'd be surprised if he had the strength to reliably beat level 2s. And even if he can eat a few level 1s or the weaker level 2s, I doubt he will restore enough strength to do anything more than flee.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
This is how I see it:

Cole like always takes credit for the things he didn't do. Valravn required Ella, not a level 3. Valravn is a special case among monsters. When he gets injured, he loses power and true to his carrion nature he gains it back by consuming hearts (or something else, but he has a preference for them as it seems).

I think Valravn's timeline looks something like this:

1. Valravn is one of the Chosen S Class monsters with pure connections. He has a special heart that Ella wants.
2. She sends the kids to steal Valravn's heart, probably having hatched a plan first to do it easily and without a fight.
3. Valravn is using his heart for something, and he seems to be sleeping. Cole uses this chance to steal it which weakens Valravn greatly.
4. For some reason Cole fucks up,and a fight ensues between Valravn vs Cole, Charlie, Shen, Zara and Briar.
5. Valravn has protection against mental attacks, so Charlie, Shen and Zara couldn't do anything to him.
6. Ella (level 4 at the time) has to be involved and according to Briar she gets so wounded that she needs his healing.
7. Valravn is beaten to a pulp, and is extremely weakened and taken to the cave by Ella.
8. Ella releases Valravn to mess with HERO, and he goes on to eat hearts and regain his strength.
9. Deus for some reason decides to find and return his heart to him.
10. MC fights and beats Valravn to a pulp.

After Valravn's imprisonement by Ella, he spent weeks regaining his power by eating hearts, and Deus restored what seems to be his true heart. All he managed to do during this time is raise his power to 160~ and be considered a C+ Rank threat by HERO. So it's quite fair to assume that during his imprisonment he barely qualified as a C rank.

After MC doing so much damage to his heart, Bramon torturing him, staying in a suppressive field for months without the nurishment he needs, I'd be surprised if he had the strength to reliably beat level 2s. And even if he can eat a few level 1s or the weaker level 2s, I doubt he will restore enough strength to do anything more than flee.
Yes Ella is the one who did most of the job to weakened him, and Cole fucked up badly, but what i really wanted to say was that Valravn (in the state in which mc faced him) would normaly need a level 3,and thanks to a great matchup he could win and not that Cole was able to put him in that state by himself .
So even if Valravn his even weaker now than he was on that time , i would still expect him to handle level 1 and those with no fighting oriented power. (but it's just what i think)
I'm not saying he's going to kill everyone, just regain some strength by attacking the weakest and then flee, which will discredit HERO even more after all of what you've already mentioned.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I am of the impression that any superhuman when sufficiently injured will fight like he is weaker.
Remember when teleporter girl had us fight an injured A rank monster?
Or... really, a lot of fights show that being injured severely weakens you.

Reactions: Lucyel

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Small corrections, the standard orbs around her fists work still work with gravity as well as dark energy. They're explicitly stated to be repulsive because they generate a heavy concentration of gravitons, and Dark Graviton: Bomb uses condensed dark energy to do its damage. Furthermore, the repulsive barrier created by the gravitons her body gives off does protect her from energy as well as physical attacks. It's literally the exact same thing as the orbs she forms around her limbs. However, it's also noted in-game that the passive field is much weaker than the consciously generated gravitational fields she makes around her hands and feet.
You are right to call me out on Dark Energy because I threw it halfassedly. I didn't really expect to be pulled in a discussion about Alice's power tbh. Girlfriend is fine and all but her power is fucked up.

This is exactly how I see her powers:

The thing with Alice is that even the info from the game doesn't tells us what we need to know. Gravitons don't repulse, they attract. They aren't even real, they are theoretical particles to plug in holes in our understanding of a certain phenomenon. And even if they are real in this game, Deryl still doesn't know what the hell they do, so he says that it's Gravity or Anti-Gravity or Dark Energy.

Since Deryl mentioned all these, we have a framework that allows Alice to use both Attractive and Repulsive forces. We also know that Alice's powers tend to have spin and pull things into orbit. So let's see all the powers she has manifested:

1. Fist Orbs
We've seen 3 variations of Fist Orbs.
a) The common punching orbs. They only repulse and work in a way that don't cause recoil to Alice. They have never ever pulled a physical obstacle in orbit and when she deflected Klaus' plasma, the effect was similar to an elastic collision, not a bent trajectory. In fact they seem to be dormant up till the moment something touches them.

b) The grounding orbs. She uses them against the monsterfied Aldain. Seemingly she pulls the energy into a stable orbit around her hands, then follows up with her own. We don't exactly know how she interacted with the electric energy aside from that.

c) The attracting orbs. This is a new power she manifested once she evolved. She is capable of targeting something and attracting it towards her fists.

At this point we have to assume that all the variations are mutually exclusive. We don't know how fast she can switch, but it has to add reaction time.

2. Protective Barrier.

This is one of the most inconsistent things about her. MC feels a "zap" when he touches it, but it can't be electricity because he would feel it. So whatever her barrier is, it probably has motion. When MC tries to stab her though, the knife edge gets mangled like it was bombarded by something. It could be air, it could be some field of erratic forces. The certain thing is that it doesn't pull stuff into orbit because the knife didn't glance or bounce, it went right through, but looked like stabbing a bed of rocks.

3. Graviton Impact

She basically smashes her punching orbs together creating a shockwave around her. This is mechanically a sound attack. Alice barely feels recoil and all this energy created by touching her orbs has to go somewhere. So if the orb can't repulse another orb, the energy is dissipated in a shockwave.

4. Dark Graviton: Bomb.

And this is the damn problem with Alice. Gravitons and Dark Energy are dinstict and different things. Their only "connection" is that they are opposites. Alice names her power Dark Graviton, but she explains that she condenses Dark Energy. For all intends and purposes this is your run of the mill explosion. But it also seems that "Dark Gravity" is a concept in the game, or at least Alice believes it's something distinct.

5. True Graviton: Minute Collapsar.

This is the opposite of her Bomb ability. It's an implosion. I wonder why she had to channel so much to produce. Additionally it's name suggests a trend. Dark Gravitons is Dark Energy and True Gravitons is Normal Gravity. It also suggests that Alice will eventually manage to use Graviton Impact on the attracting orbs, not just the repulsive ones. I refuse to believe that these names are random, because WW has written the script in advance.

It doesn't change anything though. You're absolutely correct that Met would still mess her up, even if her powers technically would protect her from him. It's just that it'd be as effective as trying to block a train with a piece of cardboard. If at Level 1 her passive barrier couldn't stop another Level 1 from whooping her ass, I highly doubt that her passive barrier have damn near any effectiveness on a Level 3's attacks.
Yeah, the Klaus argument is my strongest one too. If we had observed her barrier do anything revolving an orbit or a bent trajectory like her fists, I'd say that there would be a possibility that she would be good against electricity. But since it doesn't, I highly doubt that Met will have trouble hitting her.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I am of the impression that any superhuman when sufficiently injured will fight like he is weaker.
Remember when teleporter girl had us fight an injured A rank monster?
Or... really, a lot of fights show that being injured severely weakens you.
Yes this is true, but Valravn's effect is extreme.

Asura was missing arms and eyes and was still fighting like an A Rank and had 10 times MC's power. It took MC 3 hours to get through an already existing wound.
Kira lost her arm and she continued outputting similar power with her punches.

Valravn is supposed to be a Chosen, similar in power to Eisheth.
Losing his heart allowed a level 4 Ella to capture him, and the subsequent beating reduced his power to 160~ by the time MC fights him (it's in the monster report, search Fanvor's posts in this thread if you haven't seen them). S ranks are supposed to have tens of thousands of power, not 160!

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023

Asura was missing arms and eyes and was still fighting like an A Rank and had 10 times MC's power. It took MC 3 hours to get through an already existing wound.

Losing his heart allowed a level 4 Ella to capture him, and the subsequent beating reduced his power to 160~ by the time MC fights him (it's in the monster report, search Fanvor's posts in this thread if you haven't seen them). S ranks are supposed to have tens of thousands of power, not 160!
Fair points.
I vaguely recall that the captive S ranks held by ella being used as a battery and drained of power.
So maybe that explains it.

alternatively. damage to his core is much more severe than mere loss of hands and eyes
not all creatures have cores. but some do.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022

I mean... Ella even captured Goliath tho. So, that already tells a lot.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Fair points.
I vaguely recall that the captive S ranks held by ella being used as a battery and drained of power.
So maybe that explains it.

alternatively. damage to his core is much more severe than mere loss of hands and eyes
not all creatures have cores. but some do.
I don't recall that bit about draining the monsters. Only the bit about their hearts, but that's for the supposed "ritual". Any chance you could point me to the quote?

As for Valravn's core, I think this is very likely. Valravn mentions his heart when he comments on MC's regeneration.
Valravn "It is unnerving to fight against one such as thee."
You "Huh?"
Valravn "To battle, to take injury, to see mine own body crumbling, while mine opponent's remaineth whole, unchanged from the moment this battle began."
Valravn "Thine abilities are enviable indeed, to recover so completely, with such speed."
Valravn "Would that I could do the same, many moons has it taken to restore my heart to even its current feeble state."
Valravn "Be assured that I will make great use of thy strength, once this battle is done, to fully repair my crumbling heart."
I mean... Ella even captured Goliath tho. So, that already tells a lot.
I bet that Valravn (being a Chosen) at his full power is far stronger than the Goliath. Tbh I'd love to see a flashback how Ella captured Valravn. She's sneaky as fuck.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I don't recall that bit about draining the monsters. Only the bit about their hearts, but that's for the supposed "ritual". Any chance you could point me to the quote?

As for Valravn's core, I think this is very likely. Valravn mentions his heart when he comments on MC's regeneration.
As I said, it is only a vague recollection.
Heart and core are equivalent.
So, you remember them having their hearts drained for a ritual. which seems to conform to my own recollection.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes