RAYZ3L

Jun 25, 2022
I decided to do a full replay, the first in quite a while and damn this game is getting long, not that I mind as it felt really good to play some of the parts I have basically forgotten.

I noticed something when playing the battle of the diamonds part however. The Michael part I usually speed through but this time i decided to not do that and while I remembered that Michael had some strong resistance to energy I didnt remember that in the fight he tanks several lightning strikes and basically shrugs them off. His fight with Met might not be as loopsided as we thought. Met might be a evo above him but Michael is basically a direct counter it seems.
People always forget that The spawn of apostle like MC.ella . And the others are fairly stronger and have higher power level than the normal monster spawn and im not included the big dogs like levels 4n 5 and the mc who is spawn of 2 apostles and his parent perfect candidate of the same twins apostle, let's not forget he is somewhere the host of a being like that arbiter eye think that give me reference like itadori n skuna

Reactions: SquallofNight

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
2. Why would Ella consider herself a failure if she only had compatibility to Body?
She was TOLD she is a failure by the divine ancestor during her 3rd evolution when she was... 13? IIRC she was 13 year old at the time
In latest update you get to read the memories of Ella and her classmates during the massacre.
Finally putting to rest the question of "did ella really murder her entire class for the lulz"

And the answer is no. During her 3rd evolution she got possessed by her monster ancestor who, stating she was a failure, would try to fix her by devouring all those human brains.
Culminating in her chopping herself into pieces to prematurely end her evolution to stop herself from harming Christy.
not a single person who used to claim Ella is evil because "she is a child murderer" ever apologized for slandering her

Last edited:

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Ella was stated to have memory power centered on her eyes. She can look at anything and get information on it's structure and function. If she looks at someone with cancer, not only she'll get information on current state of a tumor, but also how to treat it.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
So how are people feeling about where the story picked up from previous cliffhanger?

It's even more obvious to me that without Shen, MC absolutely claps the twins

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Ella said that she can help mc with memory but isnt her strong suit, so maybe she can but not as well a she should?.
All other superhuman and monster linked to 4th or 3th could use both so far and in this last update Ella hint that she possibly can too.
For Aglaegwiff , i learned that her source of inspiration is strongly linked to water " Grendel's mother has always been associated with the water and may well have been based on an ancient Slavic water-goddess or spirit. ", and with Aglaecwiff change being made during the twin arc and their monster being strenght eater, a fish linked to the great ocean + Liz and Amber affinity to water, maybe myst isnt that far with is random theory about Aglaecwiff and 10th ^^
Going down this path is a bit of a rabit hole. WW is obviously getting heavy inspiration from religion and folklore. But I really don't think it's a good idea to transfer the attributes of these characters from the various works to this game.

Now we can create a list like that:
Aglaecwif - Chosen of 3rd - Name taken from a demon? troll? not sure what she is, from Beowulf.
Syla - Chosen of 4th - Name taken from a demonic spirit in Arabian folklore.
Valravn - Chosen of 7th - Name taken from a raven in danish mythology.
Eisheth Zenumin - Chosen of 9th - Name taken from a demon in Zorah.
Rebis - Chosen of 12th - It's name means the result of a great alchemical work.

There's also Lochan Deus, which translates to God of the Lake and since he somehow sets MC on his path and "protects" him from deviations, perhaps he is inspired by Nimue (Lady of the Lake)? I can't find any other explanation for his name.

I have a bad feeling about MC past...

View attachment 3301522
Frankly, SIN care so little about MC that I doubt Tanos has played any important part in MC's past. Perhaps there was some overlap by accident or by circumstance, but probably not enough for that thread to worth the trouble pulling.

1. We know that most apostles want pure spawn and only Body and Memory want 50/50, but from Syla's words it's possible to imagine that this is a recent development, if that's the case maybe they wanted a 50/50 with both traits but Ella never progressed much on her memory, Mc is the first like that because it's supposed to be even more rare than being pure, and because none of the other apostles and even Body and Memory didn't care before.

2. Do we know her compatibility with both traits ? i really can't remember anyone mentioning it before, i mean she clearly is VERY compatible with body but do we know if she is or isn't with memory?

3. Maybe she also is 50/50 or close to that but instead developing both she just strived to body powers, her thinking that she is a feailure could be from realizing that even at her 5 evolution she didnt grow on the memory trait enough.

4. Now that's interesting, in Mc case he had both traits from the start but grew too much on the body side, his father as a pure body and mother almost pure memory so maybe thats the reason. Could also be because while being constantly in danger his powers were forced to depend on body for survival, mind state is also a thing and his will to fight lead to developing body.
In Ella's case we don't really now but it seems like this was both not the plan and a dissapointment to her, Body and Memory.
1. I get the sense that this 50/50 idea is Memory's project and she designs hers and her brother's spawn based on this. I really don't get the sense that this is a recent development. If Syla is anything like the other Chosen, she may be thousands of years old. The one thing we can say for sure is that finally, the Arbiter has a chance to be reborn after a long time, and Memory is aware that 50/50 spawns have higher "connection", whatever that may be. It feels very.. planned, to me.

2 & 3. I agree that the main assumption is that Ella failed on the Memory trait, but to be capable of failing in the first place, she has to have compatibility with it. So while we don't know Ella's compatibility, I think it's fair to assume that she is supposed to be compatible with it. So like MC, she has to have a significant percentage of compatibility, if not a perfect 50/50, at least something close. After all Syla says that MC isn't a perfect 50/50 but he seems to be the one.

4. This lack of even the smallest example of Ella being capable of using the Memory trait makes this question really hard. The 4th wouldn't accept Ella if her grasp of the Memory trait was weak anyway, at least if Syla is to be believed. MC wasn't good at Memory too, but he was capable of using it to augment his shapeshifting. Ella seemingly had to build her forms from scratch.

She was TOLD she is a failure by the divine ancestor during her 3rd evolution when she was... 13? IIRC she was 13 year old at the time

not a single person who used to claim Ella is evil because "she is a child murderer" ever apologized for slandering her
You assume that Ella considers herself a failure because she doesn't fit in Memory's plans. This isn't necessary true. Ella wants MC to succeed because he will make "her dreams" come true (deadend2), not Memory's dreams. She also reiterates that she is a failure in deadend3, which is a different outcome of the same scene.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: JmTrad

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
So how are people feeling about where the story picked up from previous cliffhanger?

It's even more obvious to me that without Shen, MC absolutely claps the twins
I was very satisfied with how this fight played out. Not only MC used the techniques that I advocated for quite a while (burrowing tentacles to kill Devana, uprooting half the forest to stomp Evander), but his performance against Shen was beyond my imagination. It felt like MC would easily win this fight if Shen was a level 3.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
You assume that Ella considers herself a failure because she doesn't fit in Memory's plans.
It isn't an assumption. it is based on evidence which makes it a presumption.
And it is barely a presumption too.
there is a very direct causal link between your divine patron telling you explicitly "you are a failure" when you are a child (especially a little orphan child who seems to be heavily dependent on said divine patron as a parental figure). and then you internalize it.

It is possible that she completely ignored being told "you are a failure" by her god and then decided she is a failure for a completely different and unrelated reason.
But that is quite tenuous.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
7th: The obvious choice would be Valravn but hes not exactly a friend but he does think of us as a respected opponent. Emily would be another choice but her eventual super status is only speculation at this point. Maybe Shadow? Or perhaps Nyx but her power doesnt really seem to fit somehow.

10th. Shen will probably drop in here because he seems to be more or less a pure 10th but I´m thinking he probably wouldnt be a guide as such seeing as hes an enemy. Even Jake was more of a frenemy regardless of path you take. Demi could be an option too.
Emily for 7th would be rough, since she's not a time person, so she doesn't have the same excuse as Claudia. Val is more likely.

Weirdly, Demi for 10th might work, if that's their origin? Even if you kill them, or skip their sidequest, they might still show up, and react. They still manage your fan club (presumably) if you ignore them, so they could be dropped in the tenth with minimal variety.

Friends: Demi alive, route finished: Demi is happy to see you, and help. Maybe a memory sex scene.

Fan: Demi alive, route not finished, before kidnapping: Demi is excited to meet you, but MC is kind of meh about it. Can maybe have a positive or negative treatment of them, before you get the memory thread.

Enemy: Route not finished but after kidnapping, or Demi (and Clover) died: Demi hates you and refuses to help (Either "you abandoned me" or "you killed me (and Clover)"), so you have to take what you need by force.

Possible alternative for the Enemy route, Demi runs away and you meet Shen. He's weirdly amicable, seeing you as "One of Big Sis Ella's allies." Or even maybe he tries to 'kill' you out of pride because you're just kind of hanging out, when his power should be willbreaking you.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I was very satisfied with how this fight played out. Not only MC used the techniques that I advocated for quite a while (burrowing tentacles to kill Devana, uprooting half the forest to stomp Evander), but his performance against Shen was beyond my imagination. It felt like MC would easily win this fight if Shen was a level 3.
He did amazing to say the least, it seems that the autonomous tails once again prove they don't need Mc being conscious to kick ass.
Since SIN's invasion is very clear that Devana is a terrible match against Mc, and even with the impact of the tails softened by digging trough the ground he still gave her a nasty wound, without regeneration she would be overwhelmed very quickly.
Evander is annoying as fuck but a have the impression that he doesn't shrug off the kinetic energy completely when hit, so maybe you only have to keep beating the shit out off him until he rans out of juice.
As for Shen i hope Mc can learn some form of memory attack, probably not the best option against him directly since its lv3 vs lvl4 but if at least he could affect Devana and Evander with something that forced Shen to release them using his powers that would be enough to keep him on the defensive, better than being affected by the Living Fantasy again and again just to escape as soon as possible.

Example:Mc learns a way to make people forget something for a short period of time, imagine if Devana is about to be pierced by a tail, her response is using the bunker, but if she forgets for a single second about it she is fucked or Evander charging at Mc at full speed and forgets for a moment to cover his head with antimatter, he is done.
By using a memory attack against then for something so quick Shen would need to be vigilant to undo the attack immediatly, maybe with Mc being stronger attacking him could give Shen some kind of recoil and not being able to respont in time after this would essentially mean the death of the others, so focusing on defense would be the best strategy.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
He did amazing to say the least, it seems that the autonomous tails once again prove they don't need Mc being conscious to kick ass.
Since SIN's invasion is very clear that Devana is a terrible match against Mc, and even with the impact of the tails softened by digging trough the ground he still gave her a nasty wound, without regeneration she would be overwhelmed very quickly.
Evander is annoying as fuck but a have the impression that he doesn't shrug off the kinetic energy completely when hit, so maybe you only have to keep beating the shit out off him until he rans out of juice.
As for Shen i hope Mc can learn some form of memory attack, probably not the best option against him directly since its lv3 vs lvl4 but if at least he could affect Devana and Evander with something that forced Shen to release them using his powers that would be enough to keep him on the defensive, better than being affected by the Living Fantasy again and again just to escape as soon as possible.

Example:Mc learns a way to make people forget something for a short period of time, imagine if Devana is about to be pierced by a tail, her response is using the bunker, but if she forgets for a single second about it she is fucked or Evander charging at Mc at full speed and forgets for a moment to cover his head with antimatter, he is done.
By using a memory attack against then for something so quick Shen would need to be vigilant to undo the attack immediatly, maybe with Mc being stronger attacking him could give Shen some kind of recoil and not being able to respont in time after this would essentially mean the death of the others, so focusing on defense would be the best strategy.
I don't remember the specifics but either MC or Syla notices that the MC isn't as effected by Shen's power if other people's memories are involved, and it's noted that is a possibility the MC can use against Shen when he finishes the connections and breaks out.
Syla also tells him that once he's finished 6 of the 12 connections she might be able to teach him something new. It's also possible she'll have something else to teach him after all 12 connections are done.
It seems that Shen's power is about to become considerably less useful against the MC after he gets out of the dreams.
It'll still be a level 3 superhuman going after a level 4 superhuman, but MC might be able to just shrug off Shen's power soon.
I also doubt this would happen, but if MC has a connection with the memories of each of the 12 Apostles he could flood Shen's mind with their memories, which probably wouldn't go so well for Shen maintaining his concentration.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Going down this path is a bit of a rabit hole. WW is obviously getting heavy inspiration from religion and folklore. But I really don't think it's a good idea to transfer the attributes of these characters from the various works to this game.

Aglaecwif - Chosen of 3rd - Name taken from a demon? troll? not sure what she is, from Beowulf.

There's also Lochan Deus, which translates to God of the Lake and since he somehow sets MC on his path and "protects" him from deviations, perhaps he is inspired by Nimue (Lady of the Lake)? I can't find any other explanation for his name.

Frankly, SIN care so little about MC that I doubt Tanos has played any important part in MC's past. Perhaps there was some overlap by accident or by circumstance, but probably not enough for that thread to worth the trouble pulling.

1. I get the sense that this 50/50 idea is Memory's project and she designs hers and her brother's spawn based on this. I really don't get the sense that this is a recent development. If Syla is anything like the other Chosen, she may be thousands of years old. The one thing we can say for sure is that finally, the Arbiter has a chance to be reborn after a long time, and Memory is aware that 50/50 spawns have higher "connection", whatever that may be. It feels very.. planned, to me.

2 & 3. I agree that the main assumption is that Ella failed on the Memory trait, but to be capable of failing in the first place, she has to have compatibility with it. So while we don't know Ella's compatibility, I think it's fair to assume that she is supposed to be compatible with it. So like MC, she has to have a significant percentage of compatibility, if not a perfect 50/50, at least something close. After all Syla says that MC isn't a perfect 50/50 but he seems to be the one.

4. This lack of even the smallest example of Ella being capable of using the Memory trait makes this question really hard. The 4th wouldn't accept Ella if her grasp of the Memory trait was weak anyway, at least if Syla is to be believed. MC wasn't good at Memory too, but he was capable of using it to augment his shapeshifting. Ella seemingly had to build her forms from scratch.

You assume that Ella considers herself a failure because she doesn't fit in Memory's plans. This isn't necessary true. Ella wants MC to succeed because he will make "her dreams" come true (deadend2), not Memory's dreams. She also reiterates that she is a failure in deadend3, which is a different outcome of the same scene.
Someone mentioned this earlier, I forget who, but isn't Ella's eyes being able to see the underlying structure of people and how compatible they are with the apostles an example of the Memory trait?

BassTheFish

Jan 13, 2021
What does that do?
It effectively resets any and all changes made to a save file outside the game such as a save editor or a posted save from anyone, it also makes it practically impossible to load a save that did not originate from the games files, but from upload sites like mega or here.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Someone mentioned this earlier, I forget who, but isn't Ella's eyes being able to see the underlying structure of people and how compatible they are with the apostles an example of the Memory trait?
It's also been stated that Ella has been upgrading her body with monster parts, after she painstakingly learned to copy animal parts. Her eyes are copied from a monster and aren't part of her power. Like the monster heart that Bramon gave MC to copy.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019

when i would normaly agree, her name is not the only similarity at all.
A lot of references,like daemon, witch, birthing monster, dark magic. Valravn call her a daemon witch, that lies like she breathe.
She also seduce, an also her usage of ritual and she's linked to dark art like her alter ego.

Mc say about Aglaecwiff that she look like a beautiful woman when in the film, she's a monster and take the form of a beautiful women, also both live in a cave, seduced Beowulf to impregnate her through a pact to replace a lost son like mc can too ,the pact is also similar, Aglaecwiff ask for a son in exchange for the ones dead because of Ella, when the other ask for a son after losing one and promised in exchange to make Beowulf a rich and powerfull king ( and in game we can ask for power and skill), and Valravn said about that pact beeing dangerous and the fruit of that pact "one day come for thee", and Beowulf have to kill the fruit of that pact too, a gold-skinned male who took the form of a dragon.
She's also strongly linked to dark magic just like Aglaecwiff,and of course her name ( Grendel's mother is introduced in lines 1258b to 1259a as: "Grendles modor/ides, aglæcwif". ) ,
( Grendel's mother was an 'aglæc-wif', 'a female warrior' [...] in line 1519 where she is called merewif, defined simply as 'water-woman',
That Change about her just now is odd so personnaly i dont rule out totaly that she could be 10th.
even if like i said 3th is more likely given the shapeshifting part of both her and her son , on that we agree and you definitly have something with the inspiration of chosen , ( Aglaecwiff would be germanic then and it's funy because Beowulf who is her ennemy is danish, when origins of Valravn are also there and he's clearly hostile to her ^^)

I have a bad feeling about MC past...

View attachment 3301522
Not sure, Tanos is obviously linked to mc because mc'dad take him in Tanos clinic during the time Syla,and i had a little theory about him responsible for Syla not beeing pur enough and losin her place as a chosen but why ignoring mc that much if he was so important for him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtdead

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Yeah I was surprised people were like "Why MC get ass kicked"? And Im like....that's how all his fights go. He tanks their offense and learns how they fight and then forms a counter-attack. Just let WW cook

Apr 7, 2020
In the couple of weeks after Valravn the game slows down a lot. It picks up the pace again when HERO attack the Hexenringe's dimension. If you haven't reached that point, keep playing. If you have reached that point and you still think the writing took a dive, then I doubt that you will continue enjoying this.

There's a good chance MC will share a dream with Danica in the next update when exploring the 11th Apostle. She is the only character we know except Evander, with powers that could possibly fit the trait.
Hey, thanks for replying. It's not that it slowed down, it makes sense to slow down after the climax.
I would say that the game speeds up massive instead of slowing down. There wasn't a lot of build-up before that fight instead we get a simple message saying that a month passed and the fight happens right after the wedding.

But I honestly got my money's worth already, I'm just a bit sad that the ride feels over.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Hey, thanks for replying. It's not that it slowed down, it makes sense to slow down after the climax.
I would say that the game speeds up massive instead of slowing down. There wasn't a lot of build-up before that fight instead we get a simple message saying that a month passed and the fight happens right after the wedding.

But I honestly got my money's worth already, I'm just a bit sad that the ride feels over.
I do agree with this for an extent. The duel vs Birb is, to that point, the highlight of the game and then it loredumps at you very quickly. Weird excels in writing the big set piece battles

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes