KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Can he create automatons? I thought his clones had to be manually controlled. Do we ever see two clones, or the real Deryl and a clone, acting at the same time?
It would have been smart to send a clone with Liz and Amber while the real Deryl remains at H.E.R.O. HQ, so even if the clone gets taken out then Deryl can inform the higher-ups and maybe get Nico to teleport him (or another clone) back to the battlefield. I don't know if he even had the time to create a clone though (especially since he still had to recreate his old weapons and probably help Xanthe with his research), as it's implied that they take time to grow, which is why Del was a kid - he didn't have enough time to grow.

Deryl and the MC weren't even supposed to engage with the S class monster, there's no way they could do anything to it at level 3 or whatever Deryl is. They were just supposed to get the Foxglove twins out of there after the monster showed up.

Also, be careful about throwing around terms like 'super genius'. He is a prodigy at biology and a cunning fighter who uses a lot of traps, that doesn't mean he's perfect or some master strategist or something.
I think Deryl is adverse to using clones, considering he now exists in a strange limbo state of many minds, some of which having undergone monsterification.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I'm not anti-walkthrough but I do generally think the game is best experienced first without one. As long as you train whenever possible, you're generally okay

If not for the walkthrough, I wouldnt have known about honorable birb ending.I still think the ending w/ Brianna is better but

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
my discussion with gt about some realm in dead end 39 and Valravn made me remember an important detail that could be linked to Syla .

Valravn isnt a real monster, he was a Raven born on earth and infected by the 7th but he isnt a superhuman or infected monster either.
Human or animal turning into monster are the infected type and ranked D to A but Valravn is something else, a Variant
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But he still became a chosen even though he isnt a natural born monster.
So Syla is probably a Variant to, like Valravn with the 7th, Sylla seem to have a high connection to the 4h with the way she talk about her, but we dont have much info about why he became like that and not an infected, but it could be connected to that realm. Syla talk about it with child mc and mc remember this in his dream

Superhuman are human with control of their monster part,but they can still be corrupted to become more close to monster Valravn and Syla are the opposite, More like superhuman during their evolution , with the human part still existing, conscious to some degree but mostly drived by the monster part, But Syla could regain some control when she met Stephen

like mc could regain control during his first evolution because of Alice even though the 3th and 4th wanted him to devour her, or Ella with Christie is also a good example.
It also explain why Syla was a chosen and still consider herself as human but something more, but she probably locked that part away and becoming like she is now, like she did for Mc who is not the smartest one now (like Syla but less extreme) and anormaly small.
It doesnt explain why she isnt pure enough now but i still stand by Tanos beeing responsible for that part since it happened before she met her husband and she explain that she was lost in darkness but could regain her humanity thanks to the people she love.)
I know it's not TECHNICALLY how it works, but it makes you wonder if the other Chosen besides Valravn are more powerful than him? I mean, this guy literally worships Darkness itself and even he was unnerved setting foot in the Monster Realm.

Not to say he was weak in his prime of course, I mean if anything he's exceptional for not only being a non-natural born Monster but also starting as a fucking Medieval Times intelligent Raven. But I have to wonder about how he'd fair against the other Chosen?

If I had to GUESS their Strength (assuming there is not THAT big of a gap) I'd say it would be:
1. Sword Chosen
(Centerfold amongst the Chosen, Dark Souls Boss vibes, and could see Zack's time manipulation despite most likely being a physical based Monster, dude has been hinted at being more than just a Chosen even involving us so you know this fucker is tough)
2. Rebis
(Smart, he's literally studying what very few know about. Also one of the few Monsters that is beyond his base instinct, which makes him all the more unpredictable)
3. Aglaecwif
(She was literally responsible for birthing the entire army H.E.R.O. had to fight through, plus she's Ancient I'd say she's definitely up there)
4. Eisheth
(Domain go Brr, seems Ancient too)
5. Valravn
(Had heart removed but still kicked ASS)
6. Fairy
(Injured from betraying his own kind or whatever, if he can be put in a fuckin human made box, he take the L for me injures or not)

Again, purely guesswork but I thought I'd bring it up on the subject of Valravn being a Chosen who doesn't really view his equals as equals.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I'm not anti-walkthrough but I do generally think the game is best experienced first without one. As long as you train whenever possible, you're generally okay

If not for the walkthrough, I wouldnt have known about honorable birb ending.I still think the ending w/ Brianna is better but
I'm of the mind that the walkthrough would help with specific wants, vs overall progression. I mean the progression is straight forward; you train and if you want to fuck someone you pursue them positively. There are no like, "trick-choices" where if you fuck up in the past it effects the future save for killing Christine and not Training obviously.

The beginning of the game before the Tiffany Monster Hunt is what I believe to be most crucial in Guides. As it's where the Michael Power vs Skill point comes in, which effects of you can eat Kenny or not, which effect your Corruption scenes early on, which effects winning against Valravn, so on and so forth.

Beyond Aglaecwif vs Laurie choice I haven't had the need to even give all the Info to H.E.R.O. during the Infiltration for cash and still had enough to grab everything in the shop, and I took the Titjob instead of cash from Tiffany. But if people want a Walkthrough that's cool, just don't whine when people don't update it as frequently because there are a lot of tid bits of information that effect smaller variables in the game; you're better off just asking a series of questions on the forum here or cheating in an additional power/skill point to obtain everything you want.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I'm of the mind that the walkthrough would help with specific wants, vs overall progression. I mean the progression is straight forward; you train and if you want to fuck someone you pursue them positively. There are no like, "trick-choices" where if you fuck up in the past it effects the future save for killing Christine and not Training obviously.

The being of the game before the Tiffany Monster Hunt is what I believe to be most crucial in Guides. As it's where the Michael Power vs Skill point comes in, which effects of you can eat Kenny or not, which effect your Corruption scenes early on, which effects winning against Valravn, so on and so forth.
Yeah I think of the walkthrough as more of a scene guide. I don't even recall if I ever encountered any legit dead ends. Like being softlocked. I dont think there's any actual way to fuck up your game. Sure, you can die in a fight but then you just have make a difference choice

Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Yeah I think of the walkthrough as more of a scene guide. I don't even recall if I ever encountered any legit dead ends. Like being softlocked. I dont think there's any actual way to fuck up your game. Sure, you can die in a fight but then you just have make a difference choice
Ask me about Scenes, I'm your guy. Not a sex scene unturned.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I know it's not TECHNICALLY how it works, but it makes you wonder if the other Chosen besides Valravn are more powerful than him? I mean, this guy literally worships Darkness itself and even he was unnerved setting foot in the Monster Realm.

Not to say he was weak in his prime of course, I mean if anything he's exceptional for not only being a non-natural born Monster but also starting as a fucking Medieval Times intelligent Raven. But I have to wonder about how he'd fair against the other Chosen?

If I had to GUESS their Strength (assuming there is not THAT big of a gap) I'd say it would be:
1. Sword Chosen
(Centerfold amongst the Chosen, Dark Souls Boss vibes, and could see Zack's time manipulation despite most likely being a physical based Monster, dude has been hinted at being more than just a Chosen even involving us so you know this fucker is tough)
2. Rebis
(Smart, he's literally studying what very few know about. Also one of the few Monsters that is beyond his base instinct, which makes him all the more unpredictable)
3. Aglaecwif
(She was literally responsible for birthing the entire army H.E.R.O. had to fight through, plus she's Ancient I'd say she's definitely up there)
4. Eisheth
(Domain go Brr, seems Ancient too)
5. Valravn
(Had heart removed but still kicked ASS)
6. Fairy
(Injured from betraying his own kind or whatever, if he can be put in a fuckin human made box, he take the L for me injures or not)

Again, purely guesswork but I thought I'd bring it up on the subject of Valravn being a Chosen who doesn't really view his equals as equals.
I tried to make a ranking recently too and if we take their actual power i agree but not totaly , Fairy and Valravn arent are their full power, they could be higher at their full power but it's purely speculation, but Rebis is definitly one of the weakest

Also, if sword chosen can fight Bernardht, the gap between him and Eiseth is far too huge for her to be second strongest, i could see
1: sword chosen
2: Aglaecwiff
3:Eiseth
4:Rebis
5:Fairy
6:Valravn

and at their full power Fairy and Valravn be 4 and 5 and Rebis 6, but it's true that Deryl also have some doubts after speaking with mc about Rebis, so maybe not last but not higher than 4 for me .

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Wait a fuckin minute...GT! You got me in the Main Thread you little shit! I'm dumb as hell...
Haha, what's the matter, just post memes, spam about Baldurs Gate and talk shit about the moderators. That's why they deleted the posts in the first place, isn't it? They are professionals through and through.

Offtopic goes through a slow phase and the last update hit hard. I need to vent.

On to the rest:

1. Eisheth thinks that another is stronger than her. We assume she refers to the Swordbearer Chosen.
2. Valravn went from an annoying and noisy raven to the strongest monster of it's line.
3. Monsters aren't capable of evolving, they can only become tainted.
4. There are 2 ways for Humans to become monsters. Either they get turned into the infected, or they monsterfy as Superhumans and become Variants.
5. The Eye recognizes that Malik has reached it's "fifth". Huuuge precedent right here. How would the Eye know about the 5th evolutionary stages if the oldest Superhuman is less than a century old?
6. There is another race that may be capable of evolving, and that's the alt-humans.
7. Are Chosen apostlespawn by default or they are just random monsters that fit some criteria?

Now, why do I post random trivia about the game? Because understanding the nature of monsters and superhumans is critical to make sense out of what Chosen are, what Syla may be and what is the nature of Chosen anyway.

Apostles are assumed to be the originators of Monsterkind. What exactly does this mean?
1. Apostles are not monsters.
2. Arbiters are not monsters.
3. The Gods are probably not monsters unless somehow a Monster became so strong that it achieved god status (unlikely).

So how does this work?
a. Did Apostles carved monsters from nothing?
b. Did the start spraying various populations in the cosmos with their monster taint?
c. Did they turn a single individual and tasked him to turn the rest of the population?

Aglaecwif says that the oldest of the monsters still wait for the return of the Arbiters. This can only mean that the Arbiters were active and visible in the universe after the first Monsters were created. But why would Monsters bother with the Arbiters in the first place or even care if they return?

Yet if the oldest monsters know of the Arbiters, why would the Chosen have different opinions about genesis? Why would Eisheth think that the Outer Twins created everything, while the Rebis thinks that the 6 Arbiters were the first? And why Aglaecwif believes that the Outer Twins are the sane religion while she remarks that the Arbiters are unlikely to return?

This also means that the Chosen are not the oldest. Most of them don't "remember" the Arbiters. Rebis doesn't, Eisheth probably doesn't, Valravn certainly doesn't. Why are the chosen not the oldest? Is it a succession thing? The previous Chosen died so the Apostle had to pick another? Or they were never supposed to be the oldest anyway and they are descendants of the first monsters? Does this also mean that the Chosen are not necessarily Apostlespawns?

So trying to answer some questions:
1. Why would the Chosen have vast differences in power (according to Eisheth)?

We can't verify that being an older Monster naturally makes it more powerful. This is true for Superhumans up to a point, but Monsters don't seem to have this function. However, it's possible that Eisheth is not just a younger Monster, but the circumstances of her infection were different too.
For example, perhaps Eisheth was turned by the previous Chosen of Truth, or the other Chosen was born from Apostles, not turned by them.

So my current theory is that even among the Chosen there exist a huge power difference which relates to how the Chosen came to be. I think that not every chosen was an Apostle's child or spawn and the only thing they have in common is high purity.

High purity itself may be important, but it's not something that we can measure somehow. It also wouldn't explain some of the things we see in the monster reports.

2. Why would the Arbiter recognize that Malik's body has "surpassed it's fifth"?

This is a bit counterintuitive, but I'm trying to make as few assumptions as possible. The Eye is the being that connects with MC during his evolutions and supposedly gives him power. It's also capable of taking MC directly to the final stage of his evolution. So it obviously knows how this ecosystem works but we can't just assume it also knows about Superhuman genetics and mechanics.

This remark is important because it makes the Eye's knowledge explicit and tells us that the concept of the five evolutionary stages existed from the very beginning despite monsters being incapable of evolving. Of course it could be something that the Eye picked up while linked to MC, but this idea doesn't fit the scene very well, since the Eye talks about things that MC doesn't know about, and it has trouble accessing MC's memories.

So if the 5 evolutions existed back then, then it's possible that there are Superhumans as old as the oldest monsters who still remember the Arbiters. Now of course we know that Eisheth is older than the human race, so we need to find other beings to call Superhumans, and the game gives us an alternative. The Alt-Humans.

3. What is this human-mutation Ella talks about?

In deadend3, Ella says that MC has inherited both traits with a perfect amount of human mutation. What is this? It's a thing that is mentioned once in the whole game during a deadend. Yet it raises some questions.

Superhumans are to genetically diverse to mate. But why would two Superhumans turned from the same monster be incapable of mating? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yet if there exists such a thing called human mutation, which is different than the monster mutation, and these things reach some kind of stable balance inside the superhuman, then it could explain the mating conundrum even among genetically similar Superhumans.

4. What are the Alt-Humans anyway and why should we care?

We don't have too much info on them. We know about them thanks to shopkeep's items and it's certainly not exhaustive, but we know that they got their powers from the Monsters and used these powers to fight an invasion.

In fact we don't even know if they are capable of evolving, but for this exercise we should assume they do.

As for why should we care.. Syla.
- Syla is a human, but a bit more.
- MC's third "takes her back.."
- She doesn't know how to use a spoon but she knows of ancient realms.

Additionally, in shopkeep items' memories we can observe something peculiar. The alt-human factions were fundamentally different. One faction was of sea and mostly male, while the other faction was of air and mostly female. There is a plethora of oddities that could happen there.

Superhumans are very genetically diverse and can't mate. What if Superalt-humans are not? What if alt-humans are capable of evolving 5 times but their bodies don't improve the same way humans do?

a) Fundamendally different but still the game presents them as humans.
b) A mentioned difference between the monster trait and human mutation.
c) Confirmed to be ancient and living in a realm similar to deadend39, which in turn has some similarities with Syla's story.

5. So what's the point of this?

While it's too early to make a point, I'm trying to take a look into the far past, when the first monsters appeared and how they came to be.

During 0.96, WW introduced the alt-humans to us and while we don't know shit about them, they have the potential to be the answers to various things that don't make sense, like the Chosen power difference, the Chosen titles and history, The Arbiter knowing about the 5 evolutions despite the race being very young etc.

Syla's circumstances are exceptional. She seems to be a human, she has powers yet she can mate, she knows of ancient things yet she has trouble adjusting to human life.

If Syla was a monster, then the only solution that currently makes sense, would be for Memory to somehow alter her into a human as part of her "new task".
If Syla is an alt-human however, at this point anything it's possible.

So instead of going hard into the "Syla is a monster" angle, I think that "Syla is a alt-human" has higher potential and fits her dialogue better, and also that some of the monsters used to be alt-humans too or at least they descended from Variants that are monstefied Superalt-humans.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there is another one that has powers but some think he is a human. Lochan Deus. Both Valravn and the Eye got confused. Also the landscape of his dream..

Last edited:

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
Just done with the recent update and I KNEW there was some dead flags DAMMIT IT ALL I hope she's fine and alive dammit

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
On the Chosen rankings, and assuming that they are all at their full power, this is my opinion:

Valravn has a bone to pick with Fairy. To be able to pick a bone with someone you need to have a chance to defeat them in the first place, otherwise you can't do shit.

When we meet fairy, it's mangled and stuck inside a probably human made container. The only creature that has shown any animosity towards Fairy is Valravn, so it's possible that it was him who mangled it.
1. Valravn >= Fairy

Valravn also has a bone to pick with Aglaecwif, but based on his reaction to her name, he seems scared of her. So either he is too much of a shy boi and Aglaecwif tried to tickle his cute little testicles, or he can't do shit against her.

So from Valravn's dialogue, we can assume that
2. Aglaecwif > Valravn

According to Deryl, The Rebis is a peaceful monster. Additionally we can observe that Superhumans of the 12th line are not very good in combat. They have a niche, but Deryl could only contest MC thanks to the monster body he made, and Devana was literally powerless against him. So I'm going to assume that without it's cunning and perhaps the power of it's body, the Rebis does not have strong powers for combat and it would have to fight through creating other monsters or some contraptions. These can only help him so much, because even if we assume that it's capable of creating a horde of S ranks, there exists a cutoff point where even S ranks are not enough to beat even one of the next level of monsters.
3. Rebis comes last.

Eisheth got destroyed by Bernhardt, and with her losing breath, she said that she thinks that someone has some chance. Based on the circumstances, the safest assumption is the Swordbearing Chosen.
Additionally she says that "only" this individual could do it, which means that she doesn't consider anyone else that much stronger than her. Taking this idea to the extremes:
4a. Eisheth >= Aglaecwif
4b. Swordbearer comes first

If Aglaecwif's power has a lot to do with birth, then it stands to reason that she isn't the best when it comes to direct combat, for a reason similar to the Rebis. No matter how many monsters you create, there is no precedent which proves that they can be stronger than you, even if she hopes that her son with MC will challenge the gods. I have talked about this and I have reason to believe that she talks out of her ass.

So based on these:
1. Swordbearer
2. Eisheth
3. Aglaecwif
4. Valravn
5. Fairy
6. Rebis

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
How hard is it to not kill literally 4 characters? Danica, Jake, and fan club girl+ her friend. I have every scene except the ntr ones. It's extremely easy. I'll probably miss out on Danica scenes down the line because I killed that bitch, but oh well.

You only need the walkthrough for the monster that chooses ypu, everything else is extremely hard to miss
It isn't hard, and it is obvious.
I only disagreed with the claim it is insignificant.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I tried to make a ranking recently too and if we take their actual power i agree but not totaly , Fairy and Valravn arent are their full power, they could be higher at their full power but it's purely speculation, but Rebis is definitly one of the weakest

Also, if sword chosen can fight Bernardht, the gap between him and Eiseth is far too huge for her to be second strongest, i could see
1: sword chosen
2: Aglaecwiff
3:Eiseth
4:Rebis
5:Fairy
6:Valravn

and at their full power Fairy and Valravn be 4 and 5 and Rebis 6, but it's true that Deryl also have some doubts after speaking with mc about Rebis, so maybe not last but not higher than 4 for me .
I dunno if I would take Deryl's word about the Rebis being "weak" considering his lack of Monster knowledge at the time, I mean he JUST got into all that. If there's one thing I know about Ella, it's that she takes what she wants, pretty much when she wants. The fact that she didn't force the Rebis when we know how important she views and how irritated she gets about her little project, forcing the Rebis, one of the smartest entities on the planet is probably your best option, and she probably would have...if she could...which she didn't so what does that say about the Rebis?

And it's not a political thing either, I'm pretty sure they state that the Rebis avoids taking sides so it can focus on finding out what created it/its Origins, so I doubt anyone is going to bat for him if he gets attack by Ella and her alliances in the Monster Verse (Aglaecwif and co).

It really is just going off speculation though. But I'm prone to believe Deryl's 2nd instinct (hiding its true strength, doesn't have a need to flex it anyways) vs it just being the weakest of the bunch.

Edit: Though looking at this in Post, it does sound like GT is on to something. Though Eisheth could've been referring to an Apostle (God Slayer Dark Lord) vs referring to the Sword Chosen.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: kibaris

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Haha, what's the matter, just post memes, spam about Baldurs Gate and talk shit about the moderators. That's why they deleted the posts in the first place, isn't it? They are professionals through and through.

Offtopic goes through a slow phase and the last update hit hard. I need to vent.

On to the rest:

1. Eisheth thinks that another is stronger than her. We assume she refers to the Swordbearer Chosen.
2. Valravn went from an annoying and noisy raven to the strongest monster of it's line.
3. Monsters aren't capable of evolving, they can only become tainted.
4. There are 2 ways for Humans to become monsters. Either they get turned into the infected, or they monsterfy as Superhumans and become Variants.
5. The Eye recognizes that Malik has reached it's "fifth". Huuuge precedent right here. How would the Eye know about the 5th evolutionary stages if the oldest Superhuman is less than a century old?
6. There is another race that may be capable of evolving, and that's the alt-humans.
7. Are Chosen apostlespawn by default or they are just random monsters that fit some criteria?

Now, why do I post random trivia about the game? Because understanding the nature of monsters and superhumans is critical to make sense out of what Chosen are, what Syla may be and what is the nature of Chosen anyway.

Apostles are assumed to be the originators of Monsterkind. What exactly does this mean?
1. Apostles are not monsters.
2. Arbiters are not monsters.
3. The Gods are probably not monsters unless somehow a Monster became so strong that it achieved god status (unlikely).

So how does this work?
a. Did Apostles carved monsters from nothing?
b. Did the start spraying various populations in the cosmos with their monster taint?
c. Did they turn a single individual and tasked him to turn the rest of the population?

Aglaecwif says that the oldest of the monsters still wait for the return of the Arbiters. This can only mean that the Arbiters were active and visible in the universe after the first Monsters were created. But why would Monsters bother with the Arbiters in the first place or even care if they return?

Yet if the oldest monsters know of the Arbiters, why would the Chosen have different opinions about genesis? Why would Eisheth think that the Outer Twins created everything, while the Rebis thinks that the 6 Arbiters were the first? And why Aglaecwif believes that the Outer Twins are the sane religion while she remarks that the Arbiters are unlikely to return?

This also means that the Chosen are not the oldest. Most of them don't "remember" the Arbiters. Rebis doesn't, Eisheth probably doesn't, Valravn certainly doesn't. Why are the chosen not the oldest? Is it a succession thing? The previous Chosen died so the Apostle had to pick another? Or they were never supposed to be the oldest anyway and they are descendants of the first monsters? Does this also mean that the Chosen are not necessarily Apostlespawns?

So trying to answer some questions:
1. Why would the Chosen have vast differences in power (according to Eisheth)?

We can't verify that being an older Monster naturally makes it more powerful. This is true for Superhumans up to a point, but Monsters don't seem to have this function. However, it's possible that Eisheth is not just a younger Monster, but the circumstances of her infection were different too.
For example, perhaps Eisheth was turned by the previous Chosen of Truth, or the other Chosen was born from Apostles, not turned by them.

So my current theory is that even among the Chosen there exist a huge power difference which relates to how the Chosen came to be. I think that not every chosen was an Apostle's child or spawn and the only thing they have in common is high purity.

High purity itself may be important, but it's not something that we can measure somehow. It also wouldn't explain some of the things we see in the monster reports.

2. Why would the Arbiter recognize that Malik's body has "surpassed it's fifth"?

This is a bit counterintuitive, but I'm trying to make as few assumptions as possible. The Eye is the being that connects with MC during his evolutions and supposedly gives him power. It's also capable of taking MC directly to the final stage of his evolution. So it obviously knows how this ecosystem works but we can't just assume it also knows about Superhuman genetics and mechanics.

This remark is important because it makes the Eye's knowledge explicit and tells us that the concept of the five evolutionary stages existed from the very beginning despite monsters being incapable of evolving. Of course it could be something that the Eye picked up while linked to MC, but this idea doesn't fit the scene very well, since the Eye talks about things that MC doesn't know about, and it has trouble accessing MC's memories.

So if the 5 evolutions existed back then, then it's possible that there are Superhumans as old as the oldest monsters who still remember the Arbiters. Now of course we know that Eisheth is older than the human race, so we need to find other beings to call Superhumans, and the game gives us an alternative. The Alt-Humans.

In deadend3, Ella says that MC has inherited both traits with a perfect amount of human mutation. What is this? It's a thing that is mentioned once in the whole game during a deadend. Yet it raises some questions.

Superhumans are to genetically diverse to mate. But why would two Superhumans turned from the same monster be incapable of mating? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yet if there exists such a thing called human mutation, which is different than the monster mutation, and these things reach some kind of stable balance inside the superhuman, then it could explain the mating conundrum even among genetically similar Superhumans.

4. What are the Alt-Humans anyway and why should we care?

We don't have too much info on them. We know about them thanks to shopkeep's items and it's certainly not exhaustive, but we know that they got their powers from the Monsters and used these powers to fight an invasion.

In fact we don't even know if they are capable of evolving, but for this exercise we should assume they do.

As for why should we care.. Syla.
- Syla is a human, but a bit more.
- MC's third "takes her back.."
- She doesn't know how to use a spoon but she knows of ancient realms.

Additionally, in shopkeep items' memories we can observe something peculiar. The alt-human factions were fundamentally different. One faction was of sea and mostly male, while the other faction was of air and mostly female. There is a plethora of oddities that could happen there.

Superhumans are very genetically diverse and can't mate. What if Superalt-humans are not? What if alt-humans are capable of evolving 5 times but their bodies don't improve the same way humans do?

a) Fundamendally different but still the game presents them as humans.
b) A mentioned difference between the monster trait and human mutation.
c) Confirmed to be ancient and living in a realm similar to deadend39, which in turn has some similarities with Syla's story.

5. So what's the point of this?

While it's too early to make a point, I'm trying to take a look into the far past, when the first monsters appeared and how they came to be.

During 0.96, WW introduced the alt-humans to us and while we don't know shit about them, they have the potential to be the answers to various things that don't make sense, like the Chosen power difference, the Chosen titles and history, The Arbiter knowing about the 5 evolutions despite the race being very young etc.

Syla's circumstances are exceptional. She seems to be a human, she has powers yet she can mate, she knows of ancient things yet she has trouble adjusting to human life.

If Syla was a monster, then the only solution that currently makes sense, would be for Memory to somehow alter her into a human as part of her "new task".
If Syla is an alt-human however, at this point anything it's possible.

So instead of going hard into the "Syla is a monster" angle, I think that "Syla is a alt-human" has higher potential and fits her dialogue better, and also that some of the monsters used to be alt-humans too or at least they descended from Variants that are monstefied Superalt-humans.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there is another one that has powers but some think he is a human. Lochan Deus. Both Valravn and the Eye got confused. Also the landscape of his dream..
I was always under the impression from the Dog that the Chosen are essentially just Monsters they pick to follow in the absence of their Lords (Apostles), NOT Chosen by them to have that Title (considering there's not even one for every Apostle).

They hold great power and therefore are respected, which we know is like how the Monster hierarchy works in damn near every interaction. Even among Superhumans strength prevails first and foremost, shit the whole game's theme and plot progression is centered around it.

As for why they aren't the Oldest Monsters around? Well it's like you said; the Monsters can't "Evolve" let alone grow their strength exponentially the way Superhumans do, so however they are either made or born they are basically stuck with unless they get "Tainted". Could be that these Chosen were just built different, regarding that purity you were mentioning.

The Oldest Monsters that still believe in the Arbiters could very well be just as weak as the day to day Monsters on Earth (being born that way), but were lucky enough to stay around and be some of the few old timers that "Saw the glory days!" so to speak. If you're this new hotshot (Chosen) with all of this power, and know of the Apostles who hold even greater power and are the new foundation of POWER in your species, you'd probably think these Oldest Monsters were bad shit insane too.

On a side note, I am curious about the Outer Twins. They are referred to as Gods and yet completely separate in reference to the Arbiters or Apostles; which leads me to believe they are...neither? If that is so, are they above them? All Monsters worship a power system when it comes down to it, so while I can understand Oldest Monsters believing what THEY saw as the ultimate power at the time (Arbiters) and how they branched off the Apostles we know as the ultimate power now; where do the Outer Twins fit in? Because it sounds like they have ALWAYS been a thing. Doesn't make sense does it? It can't be both can it? Either the Arbiters rained supreme or the Outer Twins did. Or perhaps I'm just not thinking hard enough to believe they could separately worship 2 things at once, but that doesn't really fit the MO of Monsters in my opinion. Even the Lord of Dark IS an Apostle, so it wouldn't be crazy for a large portion to still follow 1 Apostle instead of all of them, it's just preference but they still rain supreme.

Good questions good questions...

Last edited:
May 20, 2017
To have ignored this game since its starting and to play it at it's current version feels like such a successful unknown investment. Keeping the sex scenes aside, the storyline of this is so fucking brilliant, I'm at the days after killing Klaus, its unbelievably great.
That evolution scene during the fight with Klaus, I knew it was coming but when it came, GODLY. This is so well written, I felt it during that evolution.
I don't know what lies ahead as per storyline but so far, this has been surreal. Easy top 10 game worthy stuff.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019

I dunno if I would take Deryl's word about the Rebis being "weak" considering his lack of Monster knowledge at the time, I mean he JUST got into all that. If there's one thing I know about Ella, it's that she takes what she wants, pretty much when she wants. The fact that she didn't force the Rebis when we know how important she views and how irritated she gets about her little project, forcing the Rebis, one of the smartest entities on the planet is probably your best option, and she probably would have...if she could...which she didn't so what does that say about the Rebis?

And it's not a political thing either, I'm pretty sure they state that the Rebis avoids taking sides so it can focus on finding out what created it/its Origins, so I doubt anyone is going to bat for him if he gets attack by Ella and her alliances in the Monster Verse (Aglaecwif and co).

It really is just going off speculation though. But I'm prone to believe Deryl's 2nd instinct (hiding its true strength, doesn't have a need to flex it anyways) vs it just being the weakest of the bunch.
when we see Tanos an Deryl, they arent the fighting type either, Deryl said it himself (of course we dont know much for Tanos but he mention that his power is specialized. ).
Beeing the weakest chosen doesnt mean that he's weak or that Ella could force him to do anything by herself, and we dont know how she could trap Valravn in the first place, but we know that she want the hearts of pure and powerfull monster , but still didnt take Eiseth , Aglaecwiff, or the Rebis heart, meaning that they are too powerfull or they have other use appart from that. (eiseth help Tanos, Aglaecwiff it was her sons for an army of monster)

It's complicate to judge, and since Rebis is far more knowledgable, he's also more difficult to manipulate or trap, and if she try to manipulate him and fail, she also could lose his "help",even if he dont take side, he still there to guide his spawn in is research .

Aglaecwiff isnt that fond of Ella,("she's to much trouble,all i ever desired was to be left alone with my children...), even more so now because she lost a lot of children.
And Eiseth isnt specialy loyal to Ella either ,("she'll do what she wants') she like Tanos in her own way from what we get from her memories, and since Rebis and Tanos have at least one similar objective, no need to make an ennemy out of the Rebis by forcing is hand, and except Aglaecwiff and Eiseht, unlike HERO, SIN dont have enough power to force Rebis to do anything he doesnt want to and even if they could kill him with Aglaecwiff + Eiseth and take is heart (if we suppose that they agree to do so) they will lose him for every other use.

Maybe he's stronger than i think, only WW would know , just that i dont see him beeing that strong when is power isnt realy oriented fighting.^^

Reactions: SquallofNight

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
To have ignored this game since its starting and to play it at it's current version feels like such a successful unknown investment. Keeping the sex scenes aside, the storyline of this is so fucking brilliant, I'm at the days after killing Klaus, its unbelievably great.
That evolution scene during the fight with Klaus, I knew it was coming but when it came, GODLY. This is so well written, I felt it during that evolution.
I don't know what lies ahead as per storyline but so far, this has been surreal. Easy top 10 game worthy stuff.
6a2cf06a-3904-4eb9-a53a-2dcc127d961e_text.gif

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

When Ella is explaining his power to the MC relatively early in the game she tells him that humans develop abilities that their monster parents don't have, such as being able to transform other things which is something neither the 3rd or 4th is capable of. She also states that during evolution superhumans can develop powers completely unrelated to their monster parent based on their own biology or psychology.
That's likely what she's referring to as the human mutation.
Also when you look at it Alice received the pure power of the Ether, yet she has no capacity to create portals like a Hexenringe or Nico, so each infected individual receives a different expression of potential powers that they would get from their progenitor.
Two superhumans created by the same parent could have completely different powers and result in them each being a unique species regardless of their shared ancestry.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
When Ella is explaining his power to the MC relatively early in the game she tells him that humans develop abilities that their monster parents don't have, such as being able to transform other things which is something neither the 3rd or 4th is capable of. She also states that during evolution superhumans can develop powers completely unrelated to their monster parent based on their own biology or psychology.
That's likely what she's referring to as the human mutation.
Also when you look at it Alice received the pure power of the Ether, yet she has no capacity to create portals like a Hexenringe or Nico, so each infected individual receives a different expression of potential powers that they would get from their progenitor.
Two superhumans created by the same parent could have completely different powers and result in them each being a unique species regardless of their shared ancestry.
Tbf, she can't do anything like that yet. I think she'll get a similar power once she evolves. The dream is probably a hint

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes