TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Tbf, she can't do anything like that yet. I think she'll get a similar power once she evolves. The dream is probably a hint
The fact that she's searching for a wormhole in her dream is a good indication her psychology is looking for that power, so it's more likely that she'll express that ability with an evolution.
There is a out of game meta reason that she might not in that Weird World might not want her to copy Nico, so we'll have to see where the story goes.

Reactions: SquallofNight

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Haha, what's the matter, just post memes, spam about Baldurs Gate and talk shit about the moderators. That's why they deleted the posts in the first place, isn't it? They are professionals through and through.

Offtopic goes through a slow phase and the last update hit hard. I need to vent.

On to the rest:

1. Eisheth thinks that another is stronger than her. We assume she refers to the Swordbearer Chosen.
2. Valravn went from an annoying and noisy raven to the strongest monster of it's line.
3. Monsters aren't capable of evolving, they can only become tainted.
4. There are 2 ways for Humans to become monsters. Either they get turned into the infected, or they monsterfy as Superhumans and become Variants.
5. The Eye recognizes that Malik has reached it's "fifth". Huuuge precedent right here. How would the Eye know about the 5th evolutionary stages if the oldest Superhuman is less than a century old?
6. There is another race that may be capable of evolving, and that's the alt-humans.
7. Are Chosen apostlespawn by default or they are just random monsters that fit some criteria?

Now, why do I post random trivia about the game? Because understanding the nature of monsters and superhumans is critical to make sense out of what Chosen are, what Syla may be and what is the nature of Chosen anyway.

Apostles are assumed to be the originators of Monsterkind. What exactly does this mean?
1. Apostles are not monsters.
2. Arbiters are not monsters.
3. The Gods are probably not monsters unless somehow a Monster became so strong that it achieved god status (unlikely).

So how does this work?
a. Did Apostles carved monsters from nothing?
b. Did the start spraying various populations in the cosmos with their monster taint?
c. Did they turn a single individual and tasked him to turn the rest of the population?

Aglaecwif says that the oldest of the monsters still wait for the return of the Arbiters. This can only mean that the Arbiters were active and visible in the universe after the first Monsters were created. But why would Monsters bother with the Arbiters in the first place or even care if they return?

Yet if the oldest monsters know of the Arbiters, why would the Chosen have different opinions about genesis? Why would Eisheth think that the Outer Twins created everything, while the Rebis thinks that the 6 Arbiters were the first? And why Aglaecwif believes that the Outer Twins are the sane religion while she remarks that the Arbiters are unlikely to return?

This also means that the Chosen are not the oldest. Most of them don't "remember" the Arbiters. Rebis doesn't, Eisheth probably doesn't, Valravn certainly doesn't. Why are the chosen not the oldest? Is it a succession thing? The previous Chosen died so the Apostle had to pick another? Or they were never supposed to be the oldest anyway and they are descendants of the first monsters? Does this also mean that the Chosen are not necessarily Apostlespawns?

So trying to answer some questions:
1. Why would the Chosen have vast differences in power (according to Eisheth)?

We can't verify that being an older Monster naturally makes it more powerful. This is true for Superhumans up to a point, but Monsters don't seem to have this function. However, it's possible that Eisheth is not just a younger Monster, but the circumstances of her infection were different too.
For example, perhaps Eisheth was turned by the previous Chosen of Truth, or the other Chosen was born from Apostles, not turned by them.

So my current theory is that even among the Chosen there exist a huge power difference which relates to how the Chosen came to be. I think that not every chosen was an Apostle's child or spawn and the only thing they have in common is high purity.

High purity itself may be important, but it's not something that we can measure somehow. It also wouldn't explain some of the things we see in the monster reports.

2. Why would the Arbiter recognize that Malik's body has "surpassed it's fifth"?

This is a bit counterintuitive, but I'm trying to make as few assumptions as possible. The Eye is the being that connects with MC during his evolutions and supposedly gives him power. It's also capable of taking MC directly to the final stage of his evolution. So it obviously knows how this ecosystem works but we can't just assume it also knows about Superhuman genetics and mechanics.

This remark is important because it makes the Eye's knowledge explicit and tells us that the concept of the five evolutionary stages existed from the very beginning despite monsters being incapable of evolving. Of course it could be something that the Eye picked up while linked to MC, but this idea doesn't fit the scene very well, since the Eye talks about things that MC doesn't know about, and it has trouble accessing MC's memories.

So if the 5 evolutions existed back then, then it's possible that there are Superhumans as old as the oldest monsters who still remember the Arbiters. Now of course we know that Eisheth is older than the human race, so we need to find other beings to call Superhumans, and the game gives us an alternative. The Alt-Humans.

3. What is this human-mutation Ella talks about?

In deadend3, Ella says that MC has inherited both traits with a perfect amount of human mutation. What is this? It's a thing that is mentioned once in the whole game during a deadend. Yet it raises some questions.

Superhumans are to genetically diverse to mate. But why would two Superhumans turned from the same monster be incapable of mating? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yet if there exists such a thing called human mutation, which is different than the monster mutation, and these things reach some kind of stable balance inside the superhuman, then it could explain the mating conundrum even among genetically similar Superhumans.

4. What are the Alt-Humans anyway and why should we care?

We don't have too much info on them. We know about them thanks to shopkeep's items and it's certainly not exhaustive, but we know that they got their powers from the Monsters and used these powers to fight an invasion.

In fact we don't even know if they are capable of evolving, but for this exercise we should assume they do.

As for why should we care.. Syla.
- Syla is a human, but a bit more.
- MC's third "takes her back.."
- She doesn't know how to use a spoon but she knows of ancient realms.

Additionally, in shopkeep items' memories we can observe something peculiar. The alt-human factions were fundamentally different. One faction was of sea and mostly male, while the other faction was of air and mostly female. There is a plethora of oddities that could happen there.

Superhumans are very genetically diverse and can't mate. What if Superalt-humans are not? What if alt-humans are capable of evolving 5 times but their bodies don't improve the same way humans do?

a) Fundamendally different but still the game presents them as humans.
b) A mentioned difference between the monster trait and human mutation.
c) Confirmed to be ancient and living in a realm similar to deadend39, which in turn has some similarities with Syla's story.

5. So what's the point of this?

While it's too early to make a point, I'm trying to take a look into the far past, when the first monsters appeared and how they came to be.

During 0.96, WW introduced the alt-humans to us and while we don't know shit about them, they have the potential to be the answers to various things that don't make sense, like the Chosen power difference, the Chosen titles and history, The Arbiter knowing about the 5 evolutions despite the race being very young etc.

Syla's circumstances are exceptional. She seems to be a human, she has powers yet she can mate, she knows of ancient things yet she has trouble adjusting to human life.

If Syla was a monster, then the only solution that currently makes sense, would be for Memory to somehow alter her into a human as part of her "new task".
If Syla is an alt-human however, at this point anything it's possible.

So instead of going hard into the "Syla is a monster" angle, I think that "Syla is a alt-human" has higher potential and fits her dialogue better, and also that some of the monsters used to be alt-humans too or at least they descended from Variants that are monstefied Superalt-humans.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there is another one that has powers but some think he is a human. Lochan Deus. Both Valravn and the Eye got confused. Also the landscape of his dream..
Bro my eyes started to glaze over. Like the lore in this game is insane. It

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I was always under the impression from the Dog that the Chosen are essentially just Monsters they pick to follow in the absence of their Lords (Apostles), NOT Chosen by them to have that Title (considering there's not even one for every Apostle).

They hold great power and therefore are respected, which we know is like how the Monster hierarchy works in damn near every interaction. Even among Superhumans strength prevails first and foremost, shit the whole game's theme and plot progression is centered around it.
I got a bit confused by this. The title of Chosen means that an Apostle chose this individual for some purpose.
Even if it wasn't clear in the previous update, Eisheth pretty much clears it up by calling herself the "Chosen of Truth".

Also I think it's a bit premature to think that there are only 6. Perhaps they have died and haven't yet been replaced, perhaps they were discarded like Syla was. Perhaps every Apostle has more than 1 Chosen. We can't really tell if the Memory Hound's knowledge is complete at this point.

As for why they aren't the Oldest Monsters around? Well it's like you said; the Monsters can't "Evolve" let alone grow their strength exponentially the way Superhumans do, so however they are either made or born they are basically stuck with unless they get "Tainted". Could be that these Chosen were just built different, regarding that purity you were mentioning.

The Oldest Monsters that still believe in the Arbiters could very well be just as weak as the day to day Monsters on Earth (being born that way), but were lucky enough to stay around and be some of the few old timers that "Saw the glory days!" so to speak. If you're this new hotshot (Chosen) with all of this power, and know of the Apostles who hold even greater power and are the new foundation of POWER in your species, you'd probably think these Oldest Monsters were bad shit insane too.
My thinking is that the older the monster, the more likely that it's generationally close to the Apostles. Everything we know about monsters seem to suggest that the closer you are to the Apostle, the stronger you are.

If Apostles are the originators for monsterkind, then their first sons and daughters should have been at least as powerful as Valravn and Fairy who are confirmed to be 1st Gen monsters. Where did they go? Did they die? Did they leave?

From a macro perspective, what you say is probably true, but considering how exponentially powerful the stronger monsters are, there is a huge gap that needs to somehow be explained. Unlike Gods, monsters have a defined beginning that we can trace.

On a side note, I am curious about the Outer Twins. They are referred to as Gods and yet completely separate in reference to the Arbiters or Apostles; which leads me to believe they are...neither? If that is so, are they above them? All Monsters worship a power system when it comes down to it, so while I can understand Oldest Monsters believing what THEY saw as the ultimate power at the time (Arbiters) and how they branched off the Apostles we know as the ultimate power now; where do the Outer Twins fit in? Because it sounds like they have ALWAYS been a thing. Doesn't make sense does it? It can't be both can it? Either the Arbiters rained supreme or the Outer Twins did. Or perhaps I'm just not thinking hard enough to believe they could separately worship 2 things at once, but that doesn't really fit the MO of Monsters in my opinion. Even the Lord of Dark IS an Apostle, so it wouldn't be crazy for a large portion to still follow 1 Apostle instead of all of them, it's just preference but they still rain supreme.

Good questions good questions...
Tbh, I have no goddamn idea what the Outer Twins are.
This is everything I know on the matter:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Pretty new here so i gotta ask but are there more of those bios around for other characters? That looks really cool and i haven't seen it ingame(missed it if it is) so i'd love to find more if there are any.
Yeah there are and it is a patreon reward, not in the game. Just use the search function on the top right, someone posted them a bit ago

• Love
Reactions: Gettyra

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I got a bit confused by this. The title of Chosen means that an Apostle chose this individual for some purpose.
Even if it wasn't clear in the previous update, Eisheth pretty much clears it up by calling herself the "Chosen of Truth".

Also I think it's a bit premature to think that there are only 6. Perhaps they have died and haven't yet been replaced, perhaps they were discarded like Syla was. Perhaps every Apostle has more than 1 Chosen. We can't really tell if the Memory Hound's knowledge is complete at this point.

My thinking is that the older the monster, the more likely that it's generationally close to the Apostles. Everything we know about monsters seem to suggest that the closer you are to the Apostle, the stronger you are.

If Apostles are the originators for monsterkind, then their first sons and daughters should have been at least as powerful as Valravn and Fairy who are confirmed to be 1st Gen monsters. Where did they go? Did they die? Did they leave?

From a macro perspective, what you say is probably true, but considering how exponentially powerful the stronger monsters are, there is a huge gap that needs to somehow be explained. Unlike Gods, monsters have a defined beginning that we can trace.

Tbh, I have no goddamn idea what the Outer Twins are.
This is everything I know on the matter:

I think it's pretty open and shut that the true God that the apostles appear to be referring to is the union of the Outer Twins? Like, thematically that makes by far the most sense all things considered.

12 Apostles twin together to make 6 Arbiters
2 Outer Twins twin together to make the True God.

The only question mark here is the jump between 6 Arbiters and the 2 Outer Twins. WW has repeatedly demonstrated an interest in mythology and theology when it comes to writing characters and lore, so maybe he's gone the route of representing each Outer Twin as a sort of Trinity a la the Christian God?

In that scenario, three arbiters, presumably split between the first three and the last three, together are three peoples with a singular Divine nature. They share one will, mind, and nature, yet can exist in perpetuity as three persons. This would rectify the issue where it appears that the Outer Gods are above and beyond everything and represent and embody everything, yet it was the Arbiters that actually created and molded everything.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I think it's pretty open and shut that the true God that the apostles appear to be referring to is the union of the Outer Twins? Like, thematically that makes by far the most sense all things considered.

The only question mark here is the jump between 6 Arbiters and the 2 Outer Twins. WW has repeatedly demonstrated an interest in mythology and theology when it comes to writing characters and lore, so maybe he's gone the route of representing each Outer Twin as a sort of Trinity a la the Christian God?

In that scenario, three arbiters, presumably split between the first three and the last three, together are three peoples with a singular Divine nature. They share one will, mind, and nature, yet can exist in perpetuity as three persons. This would rectify the issue where it appears that the Outer Gods are above and beyond everything and represent and embody everything, yet it was the Arbiters that actually created and molded everything.
Made me think about the triad of Artemis-Selene-Hecate, linked to cycle of life and death, Hecate, are the new moon,also called Black moon (they are a direct reference of this in game saying that black moon is coming. ) representing death or rebirth, Arthemis are the crescent, symbolising birth and Selene the full moon, Maturity of the cycle of life but they also are identified as the same goddess with three avatar.
Also, two group of 6 are in conflict, Valravn mention that " the ennemy moves" when the 2th appear, 2th and 8th also fight each other through Michael and Tiffany. The 2th help mc through Michael, giving him some advice "You must consume too.. it told me this. Bodies... You need to devour more bodies" so they seem to be ally. and the 7th kill 4th avatar during dead end 3
And Ella doll also mention that things will be "much,much worse before going better" and what worse than a war between apostle?

The black moon could be the lord of dark, the eternal night mentioned by Valravn symbolize a world without god, and fit whit is other surname and so he's strongly linked to death .
Only piece missing is the Greath Ocean, but if the lord of dark is death, the greath ocean could be life, water is connected to life, The combination of Earth's gravity and the gravitational pull of the moon creates a phenomenon called tidal force, which is what causes our ocean tides to change. So the two are also strongly tied together .

Together they could be the outer twins and merge in one true god , the origin once all is over.
From this war will come death , the emergence of a new god and then life will spread again .

Last edited:

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
So what are everyone's thoughts on the recent update? I kinda felt Deryl was bit off character since I figure with him there he'd talk sense into the twins or make sure they are safe since the point of the previous update was to find out about why twins are being hunted and keeping them safe since he's close to them, being childhood friend and sweat hearts respectively, and with what happened with Laurie I figure he'd be more on guard. welp hopefully both Amber and especially Liz make it out alive

eroul211

Sep 24, 2022
Made me think about the triad of Artemis-Selene-Hecate, linked to cycle of life and death, Hecate, are the new moon,also called Black moon (they are a direct reference of this in game saying that black moon is coming. ) representing death or rebirth, Arthemis are the crescent, symbolising birth and Selene the full moon, Maturity of the cycle of life but they also are identified as the same goddess with three avatar.
Also, two group of 6 are in conflict, Valravn mention that " the ennemy moves" when the 2th appear, 2th and 8th also fight each other through Michael and Tiffany. The 2th help mc through Michael, giving him some advice "You must consume too.. it told me this. Bodies... You need to devour more bodies" so they seem to be ally. and the 7th kill 4th avatar during dead end 3
And Ella doll also mention that things will be "much,much worse before going better" and what worse than a war between apostle?

The black moon could be the lord of dark, the eternal night mentioned by Valravn symbolize a world without god, and fit whit is other surname and so he's strongly linked to death .
Only piece missing is the Greath Ocean, but if the lord of dark is death, the greath ocean could be life, water is connected to life, The combination of Earth's gravity and the gravitational pull of the moon creates a phenomenon called tidal force, which is what causes our ocean tides to change. So the two are also strongly tied together .

Together they could be the outer twins and merge in one true god , the origin once all is over.
From this war will come death , the emergence of a new god and then life will spread again .
If you have enough power 310 you can attack Jared at the Logdon building when you found him with Charlie, then you are gonna get a dead end being teleported by Hex in to the Great Ocen.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021

It makes a lot of sense for the Outer Twins to be the parts of the one god, but at this point, calling anything open and shut is probably not a good idea. For example, the way Aglaecwif talks, it feels that the Arbiters are above the Outer Twins. I can't prove this but she groups the Outer Twins with the Great Ocean/LoD and gives a lot of emphasis to the improbability of Arbiters' return.

I also can accept that the lowly monsters don't know anything more than the Apostles. But the oldest monsters who know of cosmological matters, why would they pray for the return of the Arbiters, when they can worship the Outer Twins instead? I mean sure, people don't always pray to the God, they may pray to Angels, Saints, Prophets, w/e. But the God is the center of the worship, not these entities.

On the other hand, I can't fit this idea in a cosmological model that makes sense. The God will have to create the Arbiters, which in turn create the Outer Twins, and eventually the Apostles? Doesn't fit that well. Also my idea about Ocean and LoD being products of Apostolic effort can't be applied to the Outer Twins. There are two references to their nature that set them apart.

Frankly, the Outer Twins, despite having charactestics that make them likely to be parts of God, are the most difficult part of building a cosmological model. The link between God, Arbiters and Apostles is crystal clear.
God -> Arbiters (Powers of Creation) -> Apostles (Split Traits of the Powers of Creation)
God <- Arbiters (Powers of God) <- Apostles (Traits of God)

It makes sense for Arbiters to be some sort of Triad. My own theory uses this concept, a Triad of Powers that are closely related, inside a framework similar to yin & yang (yang & yin in this specific instance). Despite however, how hard it is to explain why the Arbiters break the "rule of 2", my problem is that I can't find a concrete way to put the Outer Twins in the Model. The yin & yang idea is fine as a first step, but it's not like the traits fall nicely inside these concepts. I'm reaching, and I'm reaching hard.

If you have enough power 310 you can attack Jared at the Logdon building when you found him with Charlie, then you are gonna get a dead end being teleported by Hex in to the Great Ocen.
The sea that drowns MC may be part of the Great Ocean, but it's not "it". In fact we can say that the Great Ocean is every possible body of water, including Earth's oceans and lakes, at least until proven otherwise. The only thing we can say for sure, about the water in this deadend, is that it behaves exactly like the Mystic Waters do in the shopkeep's items' memories.

Last edited:

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
It makes a lot of sense for the Outer Twins to be the parts of the one god, but at this point, calling anything open and shut is probably not a good idea. For example, the way Aglaecwif talks, it feels that the Arbiters are above the Outer Twins. I can't prove this but she groups the Outer Twins with the Great Ocean/LoD and gives a lot of emphasis to the improbability of Arbiters' return.

I also can accept that the lowly monsters don't know anything more than the Apostles. But the oldest monsters who know of cosmological matters, why would they pray for the return of the Arbiters, when they can worship the Outer Twins instead? I mean sure, people don't always pray to the God, they may pray to Angels, Saints, Prophets, w/e. But the God is the center of the worship, not these entities.

On the other hand, I can't fit this idea in a cosmological model that makes sense. The God will have to create the Arbiters, which in turn create the Outer Twins, and eventually the Apostles? Doesn't fit that well. Also my idea about Ocean and LoD being products of Apostolic effort can't be applied to the Outer Twins. There are two references to their nature that set them apart.

Frankly, the Outer Twins, despite having charactestics that make them likely to be parts of God, are the most difficult part of building a cosmological model. The link between God, Arbiters and Apostles is crystal clear.
God -> Arbiters (Powers of Creation) -> Apostles (Split Traits of the Powers of Creation)
God <- Arbiters (Powers of God) <- Apostles (Traits of God)

It makes sense for Arbiters to be some sort of Triad. My own theory uses this concept, a Triad of Powers that are closely related, inside a framework similar to yin & yang (yang & yin in this specific instance). Despite however, how hard it is to explain why the Arbiters break the "rule of 2", my problem is that I can't find a concrete way to put the Outer Twins in the Model. The yin & yang idea is fine as a first step, but it's not like the traits fall nicely inside these concepts. I'm reaching, and I'm reaching hard.

The sea that drowns MC may be part of the Great Ocean, but it's not "it". In fact we can say that the Great Ocean is every possible body of water, including Earth's oceans and lakes, at least until proven otherwise. The only thing we can say for sure, about the water in this deadend, is that it behaves exactly like the Mystic Waters do in the shopkeep's items' memories.
The whole apostle/arbiter/outer twin gods thing for some reason brings to mind caine and his descendants in the world of darkness pen and paper rpg. Caine sired ~3 main progenitors that each got one third of his powers, then all three of them sired 12 that each got one aspect of caines original powers and made clans of their own. Now the real interesting part is that generation has a big difference in world of darkness, the higher generation you are the less power you will be able to draw upon, in general, even if you manage to live for a long time, and it's also possible to devour (something called diablerie) lower generation vampires to uplift yourself to their generation and in turn become more powerful. The third generation vampires that made the clans have powers like "able to make an area your domain" where you can rewrite different aspects of reality, one power is where you just passively brainwash/mind control people and lesser vampires. Obviously WW has drawn inspiration from a lot of places but I'm not sure I have seen anyone mention this before, even if the similarities might be a bit superficial.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Unlikely, in fact that dark sea where mc is drown in dead end 39 is very similar to Eiseth Domain who is the monster realm,her home where any normal human would die immediatly.

Also we have an idea of what the Great Ocean could be through Amber eyes, and it seem more close to a normal ocean with fish and a "sun" inside who is likely the Greath Ocean himself. So it's possible that the great Ocean really are any body with water like you said. But that thing doesnt look like water, even if it's liquid .

Last edited:

BassTheFish

Jan 13, 2021
And why would one want that?
Well, on a couple occasions I and a few others have deleted our save files before the next update came out and didn't want to have to go back through the game to get the new scenes and events. So we tried to use someone else's save file and it didn't work so we looked around and found out that, that section of code was restricting anyone putting in save files and save data and using it, it also restricts anyone accessing console and anyone trying to edit out a bug or glitch in their save file. None of us know tech or code so we tried but ultimately failed until we thought we could ask a professional modder, hence why I asked you and hoped you might take a look.

Lucyel

Aug 12, 2020
No, by 'beginning' she just means since he was infected (MC says it was the first ability he used, and he's not referring to before his rebirth as a superhuman). There's currently no reason to think MC had the memory trait before he was infected, and definitely no reason for Ella to think that.
What?? "No reason to think MC had memory trait before he was infected"???
Her Mom has those traits, she is the daughter of the memory apostol, and she clearly says that the infection only awoke the powers that was already inside of him. So no, no reason at all.....

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
Well, on a couple occasions I and a few others have deleted our save files before the next update came out and didn't want to have to go back through the game to get the new scenes and events. So we tried to use someone else's save file and it didn't work so we looked around and found out that, that section of code was restricting anyone putting in save files and save data and using it, it also restricts anyone accessing console and anyone trying to edit out a bug or glitch in their save file. None of us know tech or code so we tried but ultimately failed until we thought we could ask a professional modder, hence why I asked you and hoped you might take a look.
You can just use the gallery unlocker on the main page.

Grimnir098

Jan 27, 2021
What?? "No reason to think MC had memory trait before he was infected"???
Her Mom has those traits, she is the daughter of the memory apostol, and she clearly says that the infection only awoke the powers that was already inside of him. So no, no reason at all.....
Okay, there's no reason to think MC had the Body trait before he was infected. How's that?

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes