Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Since we are talking about Ella, I wanted to tackle her earlier shenanigans.

The common theory is that Ella wants an exceptionally strong Superhuman who fits certain criteria for something.
This something has to do with a ritual, the Apostles and a plan to make the world a better place.

The problems:
1. While MC and Jake fit a certain profile, being Apostlespawns and potential inheritors of the Origin Powers, Kenny, James do not. However she calls them chosen.
2. While she says during the 33th training event that she doesn't want to kill MC, during Kenny's massacre she is a bit apprehensive that MC will be the "one".
3. During an early training event, if you mention Memory powers, she seemingly kills MC.

At this point, I want to believe that WeirdWorld hasn't made a mistake and there is a reason why these things happen. So I'm not going to deny reality, I'm just going to put it into perspective and find the missing context.

Could it be that the whole Apostlespawn situation threw us off the scent?
Could it be that MC and Jake are not important due to their Apostlespawn status, but due to some other reason?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

The common theory is that Ella wants an exceptionally strong Superhuman who fits certain criteria for something.
This something has to do with a ritual, the Apostles and a plan to make the world a better place.

The problems:
1. While MC and Jake fit a certain profile, being Apostlespawns and potential inheritors of the Origin Powers, Kenny, James do not. However she calls them chosen.
2. While she says during the 33th training event that she doesn't want to kill MC, during Kenny's massacre she is a bit apprehensive that MC will be the "one".
3. During an early training event, if you mention Memory powers, she seemingly kills MC.

At this point, I want to believe that WeirdWorld hasn't made a mistake and there is a reason why these things happen. So I'm not going to deny reality, I'm just going to put it into perspective and find the missing context.

Could it be that MC and Jake are not important due to their Apostlespawn status, but due to some other reason?

It was speculated much earlier in the thread that the common power between the MC, Jake and the Minyak spawn is telepathy.
Ella is also very reluctant to use the MC for his part of her plan because she's grown fond of him.
Whatever she has planned is something that she feels guilty about even before she's done it, so it has to be pretty horrible.
She also has other plans that she needs specific superhumans for, hence her turning of Deryl to become a Rebis-spawn.
She needed him to make the artificial monster heart to replace Valravyn's heart that was lost.
We have plenty of information for speculation, but not enough to have a great idea of what her overall plan and how the MC fits into it.
It's also pretty clear Ella doesn't need an Apostlespawn for her plan for the MC, it's just likely for them to have the required powers.
The MC and Jake also were high compatibility with the monsters she wanted to use, and were the most successful of her possible candidates.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
It was speculated much earlier in the thread that the common power between the MC, Jake and the Minyak spawn is telepathy.
Ella is also very reluctant to use the MC for his part of her plan because she's grown fond of him.
Whatever she has planned is something that she feels guilty about even before she's done it, so it has to be pretty horrible.
She also has other plans that she needs specific superhumans for, hence her turning of Deryl to become a Rebis-spawn.
She needed him to make the artificial monster heart to replace Valravyn's heart that was lost.
We have plenty of information for speculation, but not enough to have a great idea of what her overall plan and how the MC fits into it.
It's also pretty clear Ella doesn't need an Apostlespawn for her plan for the MC, it's just likely for them to have the required powers.
The MC and Jake also were high compatibility with the monsters she wanted to use, and were the most successful of her possible candidates.
On telepathy:
Any chance you can outline the telepathy idea for me? I must have missed it. I could see it for MC communicating with his tails, or Kenny communicating with his zombies, but these ideas feel iffy. When I think of telepathy, characters like Kiri and Shen come to mind. MC and Kenny are way too restricted in comparison.

On guilt and fondness:
I don't agree with the guilt idea. I think that she likes the fact that MC will be integral to her plans, but she knows that this will create tensions between them and she will have to keep him at a distance and this is a big part of why she is apprehensive, in addition to the reasons I mentioned.

There has to be a reason why everyone associated with her is in the dark about MC. We know that she likes him and we know that he beat the competition. So why doesn't she offer him a place in her little group? Why doesn't she tell him everything he wants to know and allow him to join her little group from the get go? No matter how whimsical she presents herself as, it's obvious she is calculating.

The sense I get is that her plan is based on inevitability. Essentially she knows that things will turn bad anyway, even without her involvement, so she attempts to control this inevitability by staying on top of thing and making strategic choices to mess with it. This could also explain Deus' stance on her.

For the rest we agree.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
On telepathy:
Any chance you can outline the telepathy idea for me? I must have missed it. I could see it for MC communicating with his tails, or Kenny communicating with his zombies, but these ideas feel iffy. When I think of telepathy, characters like Kiri and Shen come to mind. MC and Kenny are way too restricted in comparison.

On guilt and fondness:
I don't agree with the guilt idea. I think that she likes the fact that MC will be integral to her plans, but she knows that this will create tensions between them and she will have to keep him at a distance and this is a big part of why she is apprehensive, in addition to the reasons I mentioned.

There has to be a reason why everyone associated with her is in the dark about MC. We know that she likes him and we know that he beat the competition. So why doesn't she offer him a place in her little group? Why doesn't she tell him everything he wants to know and allow him to join her little group from the get go? No matter how whimsical she presents herself as, it's obvious she is calculating.

The sense I get is that her plan is based on inevitability. Essentially she knows that things will turn bad anyway, even without her involvement, so she attempts to control this inevitability by staying on top of thing and making strategic choices to mess with it. This could also explain Deus' stance on her.

For the rest we agree.

after her fifth evolution we can see that whatever her plan is, she still hopped to do it herself
so when she said that it have to be mc, i see it more like disapointment with a bit of envy maybe, because she is a failure and mc is the one that she wanted to be .
For those like her i see it more connected to beeing an orphan,Aglaecwiff mention kindness to those she consider like herself and desire their salvation" Ella losed her family, mc her mother (the therm is still valid with one parent dead), and all the kids losed their family and she created an orphanage, it fit perfectly with her taking care of them by giving them a home and help them to be responsible while continuing to watch over them

And Mc case is different than for the other, because unlike them, she need him to be the strongest possible for an unknow purpose, "Go on. Trust me, no one wants you stronger more than I do."

But i realy like your idea about that dead end where Ella seem to kill mc, it was one thing that i couldnt find any good reason for her to do so .

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
On telepathy:

On guilt and fondness:

For the rest we agree.
The telepathy idea earlier in the thread was based on a little bit less information, but that seems to be the only commonality between the Authority, the Memory and Minyak. It might not have to be useful or powerful telepathy, just some sort of telepathy to be used for her plan. I think she just needs somebody that can form a mental link with something else, possibly whatever she's going to make out of her collection of monster hearts. Also, MC's memory power gives him the ability to influence other people's memories at a distance now, so it's a bit more than communicating with his tails.
I think she has guilt for the MC because what she plans to do is something that even she thinks is horrible. That she'll be using the MC as a host body for some ancient monster, or she'll sacrifice him in some way. I doubt the MC's cooperation or lack thereof has ever been a concern of Ella's, other than feeling bad at using somebody she's grown to care about.
I don't think she offers him a place in her group because that would be cruel and irrelevant when he ends up mindless or dead.
There isn't enough information to really form a good idea of what she's planning, but it seems that it's going to be far worse than anything she's done to the MC or his friends so far in the story. Though she does get points at being willing to use herself for her plan instead, if she had evolved the correct power with her 5th evolution.
I also think she keeps everyone in the dark about the MC is because if she told them her plans even Cole and Charlie would nope out and leave her. Deryl ended up monsteryfing when he tried to tell the MC what Ella was planning, and how horrible it was. One of the last things he said was that they have to stop her.
I also don't think Ella has any form of envy for the MC being proper for being suitable for her project. When she was talking to herself it was all about how she likes him and she doesn't want to have to use him.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I get it now, we are operating under different assumptions. You believe that the transformation wouldn't be permanent. MC would just transform a percentage of his energy into some other form, and when he expends it, he will regenerate the original.

I believe that any change to his lifeforce will persist, until he decides to change it back.

My reasoning:

Clue 1:
Unlike most Superhumans, MC has 2 traits. Body and Memory.
When MC rests/eats and recharges his lifeforce, what trait gets replenished?

This idea points to life force not being tied to the trait. MC can use his energy at will, for either trait.
So in order to use another trait, he has to somehow transform the whole mechanism, not just a percentage of the energy.

Clue 2:
The idea that MC's powers may get weaker is iffy.
MC should have the exact same output no matter if he has 200 or 400 Power in the tank. The only thing that changes is how long we will be able to maintain his transformations and regenerate his wounds.

So assume that MC is a 400 Power Superhuman
He transforms 200 life force into a fire breathing power.
He then goes and eats 500 cows and gains back 200 Power.

At this point, is his Body power weaker or not?
If it's weaker, then it's not just a matter of energy. He also weakened the trait.
If it's not weaker, then your idea should be correct.

____

These 2 interactions make me think that if MC ever manages to transform himself in a manner that allows him to use other powers, this transformation will persist for as long as MC maintains it.

MC can choose to incorporate it into his default form.
So if he transforms all the impurities into Memory and then incorporate this change into his default form, he will forever become a 50% Body 50% Memory Superhuman.

PS. I'm going to reiterate, for the rest of the readers, that I don't expect this to be important at all. It's just a silly exercise, not a prediction. I don't care much about MC using powers from other traits, nor becoming "pure".

The only way this particular interaction would interest me would be if it allowed MC to ressurect his victims, complete with their powers.
I'm not sure I really care for the idea that power is something to be used like a resource for his transformations. I feel like its more accurately a maximum for the "transformative power" of the MC, for lack of a better term. It's like the higher his power is, the greater control and depth of his ability to use his traits. I see his life force as a sort of ray of light and his traits as colored glass that shifts the light in whatever ways he can manipulate the glasses. With each evolution, a new shine and chink and bend can be found in the glasses that expand their applications, and the intensity of light goes up tremendously.

Now the metaphor kinda breaks down a bit, but adopting the traits of others would kind of be like using the glasses to create a "pseudo-glass structure" that emulates another person's trait. Except this trait would be made out of the light (life force) filtered through his original traits. So it likely will lack the intensity and adaptability of the true trait as it is unwieldy and can't be orientated as easily, but it's a decent enough approximation for brute force things. Maybe a perfect level 5 evolution trait would allow something more complex to occur, but that's how I see things atm.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022

The problems:

Considering her relationship with Memory, even though I believe that her plan is different from that of Memory's Arbiterspawn plan, there still needs to be a commonality between the two, otherwise neither one of them would be happy with us. So whatever plan Ella has, an important facet that needs to be considered is how well it ties into Memory's Arbiterspawn plan.

Reactions: kibaris and Gtdead

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Twitter link is broken, might as well remove it.
True, this is the link:

Thank you guys for sharing your interesting theories regarding ELLA.

Best hint from Ddlc : just rest easy in knowing that everyone is as clueless as you are

Indeed now I´m looking forward feeling reassured :LOL:
We know a little, and you will too the more you read. Day 40 is still very in the beginning, is after Alice getting her powers and you are training with her if i remember well. Protect my waifu.

Reactions: turbojoe

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I'm not sure I really care for the idea that power is something to be used like a resource for his transformations. I feel like its more accurately a maximum for the "transformative power" of the MC, for lack of a better term. It's like the higher his power is, the greater control and depth of his ability to use his traits. I see his life force as a sort of ray of light and his traits as colored glass that shifts the light in whatever ways he can manipulate the glasses. With each evolution, a new shine and chink and bend can be found in the glasses that expand their applications, and the intensity of light goes up tremendously.

Now the metaphor kinda breaks down a bit, but adopting the traits of others would kind of be like using the glasses to create a "pseudo-glass structure" that emulates another person's trait. Except this trait would be made out of the light (life force) filtered through his original traits. So it likely will lack the intensity and adaptability of the true trait as it is unwieldy and can't be orientated as easily, but it's a decent enough approximation for brute force things. Maybe a perfect level 5 evolution trait would allow something more complex to occur, but that's how I see things atm.
Except that it's already explained in game that it is.

Ella "Seems making metal is a little too much for you. What a shame."
You "*pant* It's worse than forming my armor."
Ella "You don't have enough MP, that's all."
You "MP? What? Like Magic Points? From video games?"
Ella "No...? Well, maybe. I don't really know what you're talking about."
Ella "By MP, I mean Monster Power. Alternatively, Monster Energy. It's what fuels our abilities."
You "What happens when we run out? We become just abnormally strong humans?
Ella "No, we die, generally. Our power is closely linked to our lifeforce, we even generate it in similar ways."
Ella "Eating food, drinking, sleeping, that's how we recover our power. Much like how those things recover a normal human's lifeforce, it's basically the same thing."

also this :
And when mc run out of energy he cant regenerate, like during his fights against Deryl.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
On telepathy:
We definitely know that Ella doesn't care if her "Chosen One" is smart or strong (a strong one is better), we know this because Deryl was immediately denied the title, despite, potentially, being able to prove his strength in combat against us and Jake, and being the smartest guy we know. As such it is safe to say that Ella cares about her chosen having a special type of power, or at least being able to develop it down the line with evolution.
The opinion that the special ability is stealing memories and others powers is just dumb, the only reason it is even considered a possibility is because of a power fantasy.
Of the four potential "Chosen Ones" the only thing they had in common, that i noticed, was the affinity to telepathy.
- The two jocks were both sons of the big tidy snake lady, who we know can use it to communicate with her minions, and to speak to us during the "Fight of the Titans".
- Jake can literally control others minds, it is not that big of a stretch that he will learn how to speak to them that way (probably his 3rd evo, since it would mean he no longer gets fucked by people in headphones).
- MC might not have telepathy per se, but mind reading can be used as a shitty one way laggy form of it (someone thinks something, MC reads the latest memory and hears the thought).

This leaves the question of why the fuck does Ella care, and why can't she just use the Miniyak or any other monster for the job. The reason monsters don't fit might be because none of them would do the thing she wants (might be considered heresy to them), or because all of the telepaths are members of the faction that is hostile towards her. The reason she cares, is that she wants someone to talk to the stone creature that she is collecting, it might be that that thing is one of the gods and she wants an audience with it, or because there is some form of monster "Collective (un)conscious" that she wants to enter (I think that whole meeting with the First one after we kill Jake was inside of one).
I wrote this before Michael got his powers, so don't be too harsh on it.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I wrote this before Michael got his powers, so don't be too harsh on it.
It's a good theory and I don't see anything past Michael's infection that shuts it down. Needing something that interacts with the stones is as good idea as any. I can't find any way to support it at this point as there is absolutely no info on what they do. I may have a theory in the works about them but it's too imcomplete to share.

The problem with theories is that we have to fit them in the data we have available. It's why I developed the fertility theory in the first place.
We need to identify a problem that Ella would care about, find potential solutions and map these solutions to her actions.

I'm usually after bits of info that feel deliberately out of place. For example the Minyak monster report (that you so kindly posted, thanks for these by the way), mentions the Orang Minyak predicament, along with a passing reference to male inheritors of the Oil trait being rare/special.

Taking a more "meta" approach on this, WW is a single dev who had to create the mythology mostly from scratch, as some monster backgrounds aren't exact fits with the folklore creatures he got inspiration from. He can't possibly have time to develop a comprehensive background, complete with various trivia, for each monster in the setting. He probably has to partially develop it around the Chekov's gun principle.

Some examples:
When I look at the Valravn monster report, I see a lot of information that explains his actions in the game. One interesting bit of info that I get from his report is that WW encloses the Lord of Dark in quotation marks. It feels there is some akwardness going on with that character and I wonder why.

When I look at the Minyak monster report, other than a passing reference to the strength of the oil ability, the main theme is the Orang Minyak's situation. So I wonder "does WW try to tells us something with this?".

Reactions: SquallofNight

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I get this issue when I try starting the game on joiplay View attachment 3388846
I've never used Joiplay but this looks like a version problem because "allow_underfull" is in fact a keyword for the vpgrid statement. However I have no idea how the Joiplay ecosystem works. If it's possible to update it or update something related to renpy specifically, then do so.

Otherwise you can attempt to delete the game/gallery.rpy and game/gallery.rpyc files (back them up first).
You will get an error if you ever try to access the gallery but you should be able to play the game.

Apr 28, 2022
Whelp, since everyones guessing...

I think the reason the MC is the 'chosen' along with a few other dudes, is that Ella wants the One thing super humans cant have.
A child. I think she is looking for a special super-human that can bring in a special super-human monster baby into the world. Just my two cents. I think it would make sense considering this is erotica.

Hairydoggie

Sep 1, 2020
I've never used Joiplay but this looks like a version problem because "allow_underfull" is in fact a keyword for the vpgrid statement. However I have no idea how the Joiplay ecosystem works. If it's possible to update it or update something related to renpy specifically, then do so.

Otherwise you can attempt to delete the game/gallery.rpy and game/gallery.rpyc files (back them up first).
You will get an error if you ever try to access the gallery but you should be able to play the game.
Thanks that approach worked

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes