TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
My headcanon of MC vs Cole:

MC will at beginning beat the shit of Cole because of his anger, Cole will use his new weapon but depending on our skill level we will be equal or start losing, Liz or Amber will try using something against Cole, but will not be that effective. This will get MC attention to them, making Cole see the opening. Depending on our power level we can overpower him and have the option to eat him for good or get Liz and Amber out of there fast. If you don't have the power level Cole will give you a last blow while you are busy with the twins and he flees.
WW is the only developer on this game. We won't have splitting paths where one leads to Cole dying and the other leads to him getting away. That would create too large of a difference in the storyline where it would essentially be writing two games for future development.
The only way that could work out is if Cole ran away and never came back, which I doubt would end up happening.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is an interesting intake, some thoughts on it:

1. The knife absorbing heat is a good explanation since none of Cole's powers until now even gave a hint of not being heat based, someone mentioned how it could be simply because the place is kinda of a morgue so preserving the bodies with low temperature makes sense.

2. As for affecting Mc making him feel sick seems more of a strech, Michael does that with his powers (as far as i rememeber not just while using his crimsom knife) but is very especific to him, sure Tanos could have made Cole's knife with the same effect but nothing indicates that at least for me so i will just keep my mind open.

3. Evolutions are usually VERY bombastic, i mean Jake's was more internal and subtle but he is a mind based superhuman, with Cole being fire based i would expect something much more flashy. Him trembling doesn't seem enough to be sure its because of evolution.
It could be many things, him remebering the fear he felt during his own time as a lab rat, a hint of emotion after killing people that were just like him, being excited to finally get his new weapon, or even feeling cold inside that freezer, all those seem more reasonable as explanations than an evolution.
In fact i think it would be more appropriate for Cole to evolve during his fight against Mc, even more because Deryl will join and Mc can heal Michael and Alice easily to join too.

4. Mc was unable to feel the apostles during Michael and Tifanny second evolution, until he touched Michael directly just to be expelled right away by Power, i assume he is better now after the paths and his reaction does remind the effects of absorbing the apostles memories so i will hold that thought.
We know Great Ocean from the twins infection, we don't know whatever Cole would connect with, though in terms of link i would say that at the moment the affection Mc feels for the twins is comparable to the hatred he feels for Cole, i say this because to me none would be priority for an inconscious link to form, Mc is all about instinct, he learned to form links to higher powers with Syla so now i wouldn't be surprised if he could do the same by instinct.

5. I agree that the twins affecting Mc normally wouldn't make sense, the only explanation to me is the Strenght Eater trait, Malik was held for a good chunk of time by them, there was a lot in play but given the circunstance i expect a lvl 1 spawn of them to be able to affect a lvl 3 even if just a little.

6. Apostles can be protective of the spawns they think are promising, so Great Ocean being pissed and making his presence know seems reasonable.

7. Cole appearance being the same is also a good reason to doubt an evolution, Shen is also one of the orphans and he changed a lot, though that's not a rule at all.

8. I don't even think it would be a premature evolution for the twins considering the timeframe of others, what i would consider is if the requirements for the special twin evolution were met, Tanos didn't say anything about it specifically but i think he implied they should be alone for the "link" to form, if Great Ocean did in fact decide to make an appearance i would say the chances are good.

BallerTime

May 14, 2017
For me, the only positive aspect of this update was the possibility that things might finally get moving again in the next update. It feels like the longer this game goes on the more drawn-out and self-indulgent everything becomes. I've skipped more in each of the last three or four updates than in the entirety of the story before that combined. My advice to any writer running into that problem is to find an editor whose taste you trust and who isn't afraid to push back.

Also, this kind of cliffhanger does less than nothing for me. An episode ending that makes the reader ask "are they really dead?" or "are they going to stay dead?" is a cheap ending that doesn't lead to meaningful speculation, particularly when it is repeating previous story beats, because it leaves the story in limbo over what might as well be a coin flip (the author's whims). Instead of spending the time waiting for the next update thinking about the ramifications, my brain just goes "well, either they go through with it or they don't" and then tosses the story aside until the next update appears. If the author actually plans to kill off characters, the better version of that cliffhanger is: Surprise, they're dead! Yes, really. Yes, permanently. Now, what does that mean?

For a good example of that kind of cliffhanger, watch The Expanse:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That is an interesting intake, some thoughts on it:

1. The knife absorbing heat is a good explanation since none of Cole's powers until now even gave a hint of not being heat based, someone mentioned how it could be simply because the place is kinda of a morgue so preserving the bodies with low temperature makes sense.

2. As for affecting Mc making him feel sick seems more of a strech, Michael does that with his powers (as far as i rememeber not just while using his crimsom knife) but is very especific to him, sure Tanos could have made Cole's knife with the same effect but nothing indicates that at least for me so i will just keep my mind open.

3. Evolutions are usually VERY bombastic, i mean Jake's was more internal and subtle but he is a mind based superhuman, with Cole being fire based i would expect something much more flashy. Him trembling doesn't seem enough to be sure its because of evolution.
It could be many things, him remebering the fear he felt during his own time as a lab rat, a hint of emotion after killing people that were just like him, being excited to finally get his new weapon, or even feeling cold inside that freezer, all those seem more reasonable as explanations than an evolution.
In fact i think it would be more appropriate for Cole to evolve during his fight against Mc, even more because Deryl will join and Mc can heal Michael and Alice easily to join too.

4. Mc was unable to feel the apostles during Michael and Tifanny second evolution, until he touched Michael directly just to be expelled right away by Power, i assume he is better now after the paths and his reaction does remind the effects of absorbing the apostles memories so i will hold that thought.
We know Great Ocean from the twins infection, we don't know whatever Cole would connect with, though in terms of link i would say that at the moment the affection Mc feels for the twins is comparable to the hatred he feels for Cole, i say this because to me none would be priority for an inconscious link to form, Mc is all about instinct, he learned to form links to higher powers with Syla so now i wouldn't be surprised if he could do the same by instinct.

5. I agree that the twins affecting Mc normally wouldn't make sense, the only explanation to me is the Strenght Eater trait, Malik was held for a good chunk of time by them, there was a lot in play but given the circunstance i expect a lvl 1 spawn of them to be able to affect a lvl 3 even if just a little.

6. Apostles can be protective of the spawns they think are promising, so Great Ocean being pissed and making his presence know seems reasonable.

7. Cole appearance being the same is also a good reason to doubt an evolution, Shen is also one of the orphans and he changed a lot, though that's not a rule at all.

8. I don't even think it would be a premature evolution for the twins considering the timeframe of others, what i would consider is if the requirements for the special twin evolution were met, Tanos didn't say anything about it specifically but i think he implied they should be alone for the "link" to form, if Great Ocean did in fact decide to make an appearance i would say the chances are good.
- I admit the evolution idea is one of the crazier ones. I agree that they tend to be bombastic, but it's not necessary. For example, Clark and Alexis ones were fairly mild. My idea is that the stronger the Superhuman, the crazier the evolution. But to be honest, the fact that his appearence didn't change is the strongest counterargument.

- One thing to remember about the Malik scene, is that it was a direct counter to him and a Chosen was involved.
1. Eisheth and the Estries (probable name for the pink monsters) made the barrier.
2. Undynes filled the orb with water (I suppose, based on the mythology), which is the natural counter to Malik's power.
3. Strength Eaters probably sapped Malik's power buying some more time.
So we really shouldn't attribute this to strength eaters as it was a team effort designed to work against Malik and most of the monsters involved already had an affinity for water.
Additionally, if the Strength Eaters are supposed to become stronger by facing stronger enemies.. shouldn't the Twins focus on draining Cole instead of MC? And then, we don't really now how they drain power. If they are anything like Michael's absorption of Energy, they have to engage in order to absorb, it's not necessarily a mental/intangible process.

So for this one to be true, a lot of things have to be true. Twins need to be conscious, their power needs to work at range and at will without a need for engagement, and they need to have enough strength to stun MC who is one of the more powerful level 3s.

- Since you mentioned it, I think MC was actually better at feeling the Apostles than Nyx. He was the only one who noticed that Tiffany also has formed a connection, even if Michael's was stronger, and now we have an answer as to why, as the last 6 Apostles are far away and it takes more effort to connect. He just needed to touch her first because it's how he was expressing his Memory powers at the time.

In any case, I see what you mean with MC's emotions, however the episode happens before he figures out that Cole killed the Twins. While he probably doesn't like Cole, I don't think MC feels that strongly about him. After all it's not like Cole ever did anything to MC (unprovoked at least). It was Jared that fired the first shot.

- You are right, "premature" at this point wouldn't be correct. The Twins have gone through hell and they probably are already advanced level 1s, considering how much they have regenerated and that Liz already is capable of using the liquid teleportation ability.

Their evolution would be the most surefire way to survive. Oscar managed to return from death after a comparatively long time, even if he monsterfied. Considering that the Twins are linked and that we didn't see Amber actually being dead, there is a good chance she has clinged to life. If she manages to evolve before her last breath, Liz will evolve too.

Every time a Superhuman evolves, his body is fixed. Alice is the greatest example, who lost half her body when she released Clark's power.

Last edited:

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
WW is the only developer on this game. We won't have splitting paths where one leads to Cole dying and the other leads to him getting away. That would create too large of a difference in the storyline where it would essentially be writing two games for future development.
The only way that could work out is if Cole ran away and never came back, which I doubt would end up happening.
I was thinking like Danica and Jake. Even smaller characters like Demi and... Big Booba (I forgot the name, sorry). They are examples of characters that can die earlier but still have scenes in the story of you let them live. So in my little fantasy this would be the big fight of Cole with the MC. If you let him go away he will have more scenes later but not another big fight with MC.

But is just my fantasy, let me dream!!

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I was thinking like Danica and Jake. Even smaller characters like Demi and... Big Booba (I forgot the name, sorry). They are examples of characters that can die earlier but still have scenes in the story of you let them live. So in my little fantasy this would be the big fight of Cole with the MC. If you let him go away he will have more scenes later but not another big fight with MC.
The problem is that Cole can't be left in a position to continue being a threat after he survives. He isn't some level 1 or 2 pushover. He is an advanced level 3 with the potential to reach level 5 and be a menace, especially with how strong his jealousy is and how crazy he acted in this update.

If he manages to flee, he would need a reason to either become a true ally to MC (really hard), or be taken care of by someone else, like Shen or Tanos for example who both should be angry with him. I suspect that even Ella would kill him herself if it was reason enough for MC to join them. It's really hard to keep such a character alive and at large when you try to minimize the branches.

So the way I see it, either MC kills/eats him, or someone else takes care of him down the line if it's a question of saving the Twins or killing Cole (and probably by the end of the next update). It would suck if he is left alive to reach level 4 and become an antagonist again. Not only it hasn't happened before but this story with Cole (and Jared) has gone long enough. The audience is itching for it. I feel that a cop-out or plot armor will weaken the story overall.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
The problem is that Cole can't be left in a position to continue being a threat after he survives. He isn't some level 1 or 2 pushover. He is an advanced level 3 with the potential to reach level 5 and be a menace, especially with how strong his jealousy is and how crazy he acted in this update.

If he manages to flee, he would need a reason to either become a true ally to MC (really hard), or be taken care of by someone else, like Shen or Tanos for example who both should be angry with him. I suspect that even Ella would kill him herself if it was reason enough for MC to join them. It's really hard to keep such a character alive and at large when you try to minimize the branches.

So the way I see it, either MC kills/eats him, or someone else takes care of him down the line if it's a question of saving the Twins or killing Cole (and probably by the end of the next update). It would suck if he is left alive to reach level 4 and become an antagonist again. Not only it hasn't happened before but this story with Cole (and Jared) has gone long enough. The audience is itching for it. I feel that a cop-out or plot armor will weaken the story overall.
God please let me genderbend that twink ass bitch

Amphordia

Jan 27, 2020
With every hour in the game I hated a different antagonist.At the start it was Ella,then Jared(but he was just a douche so not so much) then Klaus and then Jake(oh I hated this asshole so much),then again Ella for a long time but with all of them the one I most hate Cole..Heartless evil son of a bitch can't wait to see him cry for mercy. I would kill him even if got +999 corruption points.Period.(I guess this is kinda shows how much I liked the game.Can't wait to see more.Good luck WeirdWorld)

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
I feel like I'm missing something.
He is. She calls Oscar brother when talking to Met, he's in her dream sequence last update and his character sheet has her surname; he is her brother.

To explain a little better: Both Charlie and Met comment on Oscar and how he saved her from the monster that killed their (hers and Oscar's) parents and siblings, with Met even saying the world is a worst place without him (which, combined with Oscars own fever dream of "only being able to save his sister" when dying after the fight with Michael, checks out 1 to 1).
In her dream last update (when you meditate and check your heart), you meet with Oscars there, who is very friendly and casual with her.
And lastly, his profile (put it bellow) where even his surname, Leicht, is the same as Charlie's. Not to mention the military record, which Charlie coments with monster Deryl, backed up by Met (who was part of a military group).

Oscar_Prof.jpg

Last edited:

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
With every hour in the game I hated a different antagonist.At the start it was Ella,then Jared(but he was just a douche so not so much) then Klaus and then Jake(oh I hated this asshole so much),then again Ella for a long time but with all of them the one I most hate Cole..Heartless evil son of a bitch can't wait to see him cry for mercy. I would kill him even if got +999 corruption points.Period.(I guess this is kinda shows how much I liked the game.Can't wait to see more.Good luck WeirdWorld)
Ella I hated a bit but after Jake saga the more I knew about this weird world the more I forgave her.

Danica I didn't hated her. She was a enemy and her power was very strong that's all.

Klauss it was more for Alice than hate.

Even after everything Jake did and acted I never hated him.

I also never hated Derly, if he was a dick in the backstory and after getting powers he and MC already settled it. Their friendship is strong in my opinion.

Jared i feel more annoyed than hate. After he exploded Laurie head I would kill him with no remorse.

I felt something would not be good when I saw that image of Thanos and young Ella. And after he bullied my girls I would kill his ass.

With Cole he was from annoyance to hate. He knew it was my friends. Don't trust him, he didn't do it for mercy, he did because he hates MC and wanted to boast later. He talks too much and only have courage against the weak. If he doesn't die now I hope Thanos to be a man of his word and open Cole ass with a bisturi.

Shen is just a Ella simp. I don't hate him.

From H.E.R.O I don't think I have someone to hate, I just don't trust some of them. Especially the top dogs.

Last edited:

sevengs

Oct 20, 2020
Shen is just a Ella simp. I don't hate him.

From H.E.R.O I don't think I have someone to hate, I just don't trust some of them. Especially the top dogs.
Personally I somewhat agree on Shen, but in game MC knows Shen is directly involved with the Twin's current situation (along with the moons and Eis). Cole's the closest, but good chunk of people MC can hold responsible.

Agreed on HERO, more will have to come out, either cosmic threat wise or plot backstory for Ella and Sin to seem worth joining.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
Upon replaying I noticed a couple things such as Cole saying to tanos, about never being experimented on ever again, and on one hand sure I guess you could say Cole was doing a mercy by killing the twins however considering he wasn't even trying to "mercy kill them" until Jared opened his big fucking mouth and mentioned they were the MC's friends and he immediately wanted to kill them simply to piss the mc off. I see many outcomes to the end but the main one I see now is not wanting to devour Cole no no no that's too easy for him. I want to strap him to the table and experiment on him cut him open alongside tanos. But maybe I'm still too heated, I do see one potential way for the twins to survive, evolution.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds of the Laurie situation that, if next update WW makes it a Stat check to have both survive I'd be okay with it, but as for rn I have my eyes set on Cole and Jared, tanos can run all he likes but he's next after I finish with those 2. But we all know Jared won't dying for a couple more updates he might end up being a preliminary final boss or he'll just get devoured after the MC's 4th evo guess we shall see.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a no lifer I suppose, but not very many people respond to me since I'm in the minority when it comes to voicing opinions or preferences.

Like I'm probably the only person here who think Danica is the hottest character in this game and would have ditched Alice in a heartbeat at the casino when we met her, but no one wants to talk about that haha... :HideThePain:

I'm pretty sure more than half of you all ate her brains :mad:
Her brain was deliciously nutritious.

Redbruh

Jul 26, 2022
The twins are obviously alive (or will be soon), Liz has shown already that her body works different now.

And considering they were the supposed to be decoys, isn’t it possible that Nyx just marked them at some point and can revive them anyway?

Not even thinking about what the mc could do himself about it at this point or someone like henri showing up and „deciding“ their body’s are fine
deadass it says that mc's head hurt and he thought something was off with what he was seeing Shen is probably fucking around with his head atm

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes