Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
NTR doesn't exist in the game , because the main character is never in a committed relationship with anyone in the game. There is slutification, and bimbofication...which triggers a lot of dimwits who don't know the difference, but that's their problem. My job is to make a game, not educate special needs people.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
To my fellow modders ( @Passion3D & @T.Geiger ): It appears that some of the dialogue has been mangled (maybe @Baal7734 uses Word for his dialogue?). I noticed lines where "..." has been converted to the Unicode "…". Small difference, but apparently my merge is unable to handle them and destroys dialogue lines, which will most definitely break the game.

EDIT: Found another one: ’ instead of '

It appears that only the character files for Allie, Denise, Mary, Sandra and Sister contain this Unicode character. I don't touch those, so the current mod should be safe to use.

I'm going to try and figure out why a 50 dollar program is unable to handle Unicode and will do my best to get the .02 mod out within a few hours. It changes a boatload of call reference labels though, so my diff is lighting up a storm. Apart from that, the only significant changes I see are fixes for Samantha and a few in the storyline.

As for the schoolrep_cheerleader bug people are mentioning, see it in the updatescript and in func_definitions.py, so it should work in theory right? So why do people get that error? If you know how to fix it, I could place it in the mod.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
For the 'schoolrep_cheerleader' bug, it can be fixed with the console as I said. (see )
If not for modders, just add the line "player.scoolrep_cheerleader = 0" in the "init_billy" function. Or put the line in the initialization code of the mod.
When loading a backup, the problem does not arise. An update function adds this variable.
I integrate the correction in SFC, waiting for Baal to correct the basic game.

For the unicode problem, a little script in bash (.bat under windows) can help;)

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Yeah for a while I had an assistant writer that used word to write the dialogue.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
It appears that some of the dialogue has been mangled
It is probably a codepage problem (I have been dealing with it from the start). If your diff tool can set different codepages on each side, the unicode side needs to be 65001 (UTF-8).

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
For the 'schoolrep_cheerleader' bug, it can be fixed with the console as I said. (see )
If not for modders, just add the line "player.scoolrep_cheerleader = 0" in the "init_billy" function. Or put the line in the initialization code of the mod.
When loading a part, the problem does not arise. An update function adds this variable.
I integrate the correction in SFC, waiting for Baal to correct the basic game.

For the unicode problem, a little script in bash (beats under windows) can help;)
That line is in the basic game line 679 of script.rpy (The last line of init_billy) Here's a picture of when it was added.

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
That explains it. Apparently, the autodetect function of my program is too lazy to detect a handful of UTF-8 characters among 5000 lines of code and simply formats it as ANSI (assumption is the mother of all...). It actually sets it to UTF-8 in the smaller files. :rolleyes:
It worked after specifying it manually. I'll need to pay attention to that next time.

As for the schoolrep, it's already in the init_billy function (as Baal posted) and in the updatescript for 25.90, so I'll just leave it for what it is and leave it to someone better than me to figure out what causes that error for people.

I'll list the changed files between the 00 and the 02 mods on my main page/post. If your mods don't change those, they should still be compatible with the updated mod.

PS. Baal, thanks for posting the hotfix here. It's appreciated.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
That line is in the basic game line 679 of script.rpy (The last line of init_billy) Here's a picture of when it was added.
This line does not exist in the script.py that I have.
The version of the game that was posted here is 0.26.00, to which I applied the patch that you provided in this thread.

I will corrected the line and updated the links tonight.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
don't know what to tell you. It's been in the game since 0.26.00. Or else my patrons would have been getting errors every time they went to school, which has not been the case. May be an issue on your end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
I have it in the unpacked version of the 0.26.00 script.rpy (I always keep the last two versions on my drive). Maybe it's the compressed version that generates the errors. Besides, version control does not lie. ;)
Either way, it doesn't matter what was added when or where. What matters is that our players can play, right? [/offtopic]

@Passion3D : I use CMDer, so I have a neat little bash-shell right in my Windows, right next to my Github-enabled Powershell and Python-enabled CMD tabs. :cool:

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
don't know what to tell you. It's been in the game since 0.26.00. Or else my patrons would have been getting errors every time they went to school, which has not been the case. May be an issue on your end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I do not know;) but no worries I will make the correction and recompile the game.
Oh yes, there is a small error that I correct each time in the function get_globex_char (). The function return [a] instead of returning [an] :)
This is not a problem at the moment as there is no interaction with Anne;)

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
big mea culpa:(
The variable disappeared because of a bug in the mod. He was well hidden! It's fixed and everything is working well now.

My apologies to all our players!

D

Deleted member 7072

Moving the mouse on the main menu or on the map is spiking CPU usage to 100%, anyone else having this problem? Super laggy mouse because of it

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes