VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
One of my favorite screens from the whole game. Excellent reference. :)
That scene as she's walking up to the stormtroopers is my favorite in the game. The fight is good, but I love the build up before it. There's more characterization in that scene than in many whole games.

And it culminates in my favorite line: "Violence will happen."

Tlaero

Reactions: ApolloApe

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Any advise how to play right? Is there any walkthrough?
There's no really a right path. It only depends on who you are interested in. So just pick a girl and follow her through the whole game, then replay it pursuing another one to see all the content. Walkthrough is no needed

Reactions: AlexMpog

EFon

Apr 24, 2018
Did one play through so far, and it was a REALLY great game that really FELT like Star Wars. Only wish the game didn't crash each half hour or so. Something I think where it loads too many images and fills up some kind of buffer. Just need to save at more places than just the choices to play. Also wish the other characters had voices since the droid and jawa do. There are free voice actors that would work with you just for the credits. Not all the lines need to be voiced, but some key ones to give them flavor would have helped a lot. Otherwise GREAT GAME! Can't wait for episode 2 and will replay choices to see different paths.

Manga-fan

Jul 2, 2018
This game was a lot of fun. Tried the Drea path last (best for last, eh?), Kleio, and Jiljoo paths also. I'm not sure if there were any other paths, I'm hoping we'll get a Kleio scene in a later game, since this one didn't have any yet. I loved the episode a lot, but if possible, could future episodes have some sort of music?

onenf

Aug 26, 2016
Do people just go to that thread and nominate games? This game should definitely be featured.
In almost a month this only has about 100k views, very much under-appreciated.
I feel like this happens regularly to really great games that are released after all the testing and polishing. They just don't get as much time on the latest updates page compared to less well made games that just release more often.

Reactions: Tunak23 and yandex

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Even though this isn't one of my games, it feels ... wrong ... for me to nominate it. But if anyone here liked the game enough to nominate it for the featured games slider, I'd appreciate it if you went to the thread and did so.

Tlaero

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
From what I understand, the tracker rotates quarterly. So in about one and a half or two months, it should change again.

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
Like a few others here, I have no interest is Star Wars at all, but I'm never going to miss a game created by Mortze, and this one absolutely did not disappoint. The character models are beautiful and the story was very compelling, even for a non-SW-fan like me. Hopefully there will be more episodes, but I see you have a lot of projects in the pipeline, so I'll be happy to see whatever comes next. If it's true that the new Keeley game is coming soon, then that's particularly exciting for me.

Reactions: genmaximo

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
"Soon" is a relative thing. These games take a really long time to pose and render, partially because of the quality of the renders and partially because Mortze tends to make a ton of images for each game. It's a "quality vs time" tradeoff, and while I'm comfortable with the choices we make, they definite hurt Mortze's income. He'd unquestionably make more money if he reduced the quality and quantity of the images and increased the output rate.

Tlaero

Reactions: SamualHand

LostAtAnchor

Mar 10, 2019
Well shit, glad I grabbed this when I did. Was a pretty great afternoon read/watch. Almost wish I'd gotten to it sooner.

There were a few typos that jumped out at me, and a couple oddly phrased sentences, but overall it was great.

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
I'd much rather see the games done the way Mortze wants than have them come out quickly, so I wasn't expecting miracles when I used the word 'soon'. Also, Tlaero, I really like that image you have in your signature of you with the Keeley-verse ladies. I don't tend to pay much attention to people's signatures, so I only just realised what it was.

Reactions: Dripping

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thanks Brocho. The credits in Coming to Grips with Christine are my favorite ever. I love the model Mortze made for me. Walg made one of the credits pages into that sig for me and I think it turned out great.

Tlaero

Reactions: Brocho
Jan 23, 2020
None of their stuff has ever had a harem in, it's all romance based relationships.

Not likely to change.
Well, there was that game... Redemption for Jessika? If I remember correctly there was a bonus ending... Well, I don't want to be too vulgar but my cock literally exploded... I've rarely met a scene so hot in a game. It was the perfect climax for a slow-burning, yet super hot game. Who knows, there might be a similar ending in this game... I'm not sure I would survive.

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes