VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Option to turn off transitions in UI would be nice.
This is the third game or so I've played with this new interface. Is it a new Ren'py version or an overlay that the dev adds to Ren'py or what? I can see why, it's pretty. But it's so slow with all the swooshing and fading.
In practice you don't need to do that much saving/loading so it's probably not necessary, but before I realized, I made this, so might as well share it.

The following speeds up the fancy UI on the screens that you're most likely to interact with frequently by about 3x.

View attachment TheWarriorsHeart-faster_gui.zip

The following is more useful. It replaces all the "hard=True" pauses with "hard=False" in script.rpy, making them skippable. For v1.0 only.

View attachment TheWarriorsHeart-1.0-more_skippable.zip

For both, drag the unzipped "game" folder into the WarriorsHeart folder that contains the .exe (which already contains a "game" folder), or equivalently, drag the contents of the unzipped "game" folder into the WarriorsHeart "game" folder itself. In both cases you'll be asked to allow overwriting existing files with new files.

Last edited:

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
I like the SW story... sex with Drea/Jiljoo/and a random courtesan(multiple path) seems to be the extent of sex scenes available so far. Someone mention this before(game instability)... I saw that error message like 5-6 times exploring the different path available...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
In the mean time, I'll need to explore multiple paths. One advantage of only one chapter. ;)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1. you didn't search star wars
2. you didn't look on similar threads below on other sw-games (balance of the force is other sw-game)

Scove

Mar 20, 2020
Is anyone else having problems with this game locking up and getting booted out of the game?

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Can't wait till the next episode.

I love the storytelling (top of the food-chain in this format). The writer has a great style. For example, while the heat regulator damage was just a vessel to allow us to see some skin, it was actually EXCELLENT for the story, used to create a conflict instead of JUST the obvious eye-candy, adding to the "in a Box" environment for the first act. I found that to be brilliant and memorable.

The author used numerous VERY clever elements that were just great, spicing up the sci-fi environment. For example I loved the "healing cloth" of the Jedi's uniform. That was such a neat idea, and VERY well portrayed in the story when the MC noticed her suit wasn't damaged. Brilliant. And the ship being the same general class as the Millennium Falcon was nostalgic, well portrayed, and a very good idea. I also loved the portrayal of the Empire and the Empire characters.

The game just FELT like Star Wars. Though the characters were good, I found the Captain's overly violent and bullying personality off-putting ("Um...Captain, you're pointing your blaster at an un-armed girl and unconscious woman. Did you skip your meds today?"). While I liked the Jawa, finding him interesting and funny as a supporting alien character, I found his "pervert" aspect to be unpleasant and bizarre, though in this format it is sadly almost to be expected.

My biggest complaint is personal and won't be agreed with by anyone who likes the Star Wars Expanded Universe. While the Jedi is my favorite character in the game (she's SO cool), I was disappointed by her backstory adding "Jedi Academy-esk" counter-canon concepts of Jedi Knights. Until her backstory was told, I assumed that she was a surviving Jedi of Order 66 on the run, which would have been MUCH more interesting, adding a conflict and immersion now diminished. A Jedi-Who-Quit seems flimsy and makes her seem like...well...a wishy-washy quitter, and counter to the strong, confident Jedi portrayed in canon. I gather it was the author's intent to make the Jedi character "attainable" sexually in future installments. I get that, but still, the "surviving Jedi", as opposed to the "quitter Jedi" could have sold some interesting storytelling elements and still left the character "attainable".

I found the Twi'lek to be...well...creepy. It was a curious decision to give her skin texture that looks like its rotting. I find it difficult to even look at her since I'm not a necrophiliac. No previously portrayed Twi'lek I have ever seen had a skin tone that looked like she's been dead for 2 weeks. They have all had colorful, smooth skin (like the other Twi'leks portrayed in this game). I'm hopeful that it is an unpleasant physiological effect of her ordeal as a slave and her complexion will...clear up. Maybe she can put some ointment on that stuff. As she is now she's stomach turning, and I have to skip through her intimate scenes.

Other than the relatively minor flaws, this is an excellent piece of fan fiction, visually stunning, and better than most published Star Wars books I've read.

vespa_13

Apr 4, 2020
A Jedi-Who-Quit seems flimsy and makes her seem like...well...a wishy-washy quitter, and counter to the strong, confident Jedi portrayed in canon.
guess the name Jolee Bindo doesn't ring a bell for you :)

I take its just a part 1 but damn it ended rapidly

Reactions: p22

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
guess the name Jolee Bindo doesn't ring a bell for you :)

I take its just a part 1 but damn it ended rapidly
on new canon there are some who quit being jedi after imperium's attack.

did you play all routes?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
A Jedi-Who-Quit seems flimsy and makes her seem like...well...a wishy-washy quitter, and counter to the strong, confident Jedi portrayed in canon. I gather it was the author's intent to make the Jedi character "attainable" sexually in future installments. I get that, but still, the "surviving Jedi", as opposed to the "quitter Jedi" could have sold some interesting storytelling elements and still left the character "attainable".
Perhaps one should think of her as the Jedi equivalent of Ronin.

I can actually see in her potential parallels with where the Saga has moved. The idea that the Jedi of the Old Republic had some glaring flaws and blindspots due to the reliance on tradition and dogma. We've already establish that some Jedi removed themselves from the organization to go their separate way, to follow their individual journey. For some, like Dooku, their journey took a Dark turn.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Perhaps one should think of her as the Jedi equivalent of Ronin.

I can actually see in her potential parallels with where the Saga has moved. The idea that the Jedi of the Old Republic had some glaring flaws and blindspots due to the reliance on tradition and dogma. We've already establish that some Jedi removed themselves from the organization to go their separate way, to follow their individual journey. For some, like Dooku, their journey took a Dark turn.
Actually, the non-canon novels I alluded to established that, so...not canon. But, I see what you're saying, Dragon. But Dooku "went his separate ways" because he had turned to the Dark Side and left to prevent discovery, having a long time plan with Palpatine. Not exactly the same as a wishy-washy Jedi. Still, the writer's choice missed some good storytelling and tie-in opportunities.

I never bought into the concepts of the Force introduced in many of the novels wherein the writers attempted to inject their personal worldviews that "everything is okay" and "there's no right or wrong" trying hard to eliminate the Good (Light) and Evil (Dark) depiction of the Force that they tried so hard to muddy, changing it to: Light (Dogma), Dark (Passion). I'm not a fan of that, and neither was George in one statement he made in the 90s. I understand that lots of people like those books and concepts, but the concepts don't match up with George's vision of the story, and to me...the entire point. Good vs. Evil. Tossing in "Neutral Alignments" doesn't fit in Star Wars, a fantasy sci-fi, in my humble opinion.

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes