VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'd love more SW stuff from Mortze. I was very sad they dropped George's Darth Talon concept because she was too sexy. Hopefully the fan community can pick up the slack.

Cry Further

Dec 22, 2018
I've been seeing this on the home page games slider for a while now ,
Just finished ep1 , and this is brilliant .
Godspeed Dev , TY for posting .

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
Mortze To say that I'm ejoying this game is such an understatement. Gorgeous chicks, a more than decent storyline, and the best SW lore I've found in a VN game, (or probably any indie SW game for that matter). The main character renders are a bit underwhelming, but yeah, that can be understood. ;)

Many many thanks for the awesome game, dev.
Now it's time to finish all branches, and then eagerly wait for an Ep2, if it is ever made.

Just a minor grip I do have with the game. The imperial rank insignias... Sorry if it has been already discussed in the thread, or if I sound a bit 'picky'. I know it's a mess with all the different canon and legends lore floating around, but as far as I can tell, while the Captain (army branch) and Gally (intelligence branch) ones can fit mostly on certain Legends lore, the male Hosnian Commander (navy branch) one is not right. 2 red + 2 blues in line is mostly lieutenant-like level. 3 blue + 3 red (equivalent to senior Commodore) or 4 blue + 2 red (for plain commodore) in a single line are better fit as far as my memory serves (note that Army and Navy had the color order reversed).

Last edited:

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Mortze To say that I'm ejoying this game is such an understatement. Gorgeous chicks, a more than decent storyline, and the best SW lore I've found in a VN game, (or probably any indie SW game for that matter). The main character renders are a bit underwhelming, but yeah, that can be understood. ;)

Many many thanks for the awesome game, dev.
Now it's time to finish all branches, and then eagerly wait for an Ep2, if it is ever made.

Just a minor grip I do have with the game. The imperial rank insignias... Sorry if it has been already discussed in the thread, or if I sound a bit 'picky'. I know it's a mess with all the different canon and legends lore floating around, but as far as I can tell, while the Captain (army branch) and Gally (intelligence branch) ones can fit mostly on certain Legends lore, the male Commodore (navy branch) one is not right. 2 red + 2 blues in line is mostly lieutenant-like level. 3 blue + 3 red (for senior Commodore) or 4 blue + 2 red (for plain commodore) in line are better fit as far as my memory serves (note that Army and Navy had the color order reversed).
Thank you. Glad you liked the game.

Regarding the Imperial rank insignias you're right, it's a mess to find any official/correct ranking among all the "Legends" sources. Add to that the complexity of other military branches since in the movies we only see mostly Navy insignias. Rogue One brought us only one ISB insignia (Director).
So I had to find a way to have a good reference and be coherent wit that reference. I found this chart that I liked, because it has the different branches of Imperial military and Intelligence and decided to follow it.
I remind you that Commodore Gally is COMPNOR.

ranks_of_the_galactic_empire_by_lady_viscretus-d94uevj_1548855511.png

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
Thank you. Glad you liked the game.

Regarding the Imperial rank insignias you're right, it's a mess to find any official/correct ranking among all the "Legends" sources. Add to that the complexity of other military branches since in the movies we only see mostly Navy insignias. Rogue One brought us only one ISB insignia (Director).
So I had to find a way to have a good reference and be coherent wit that reference. I found this chart that I liked, because it has the different branches of Imperial military and Intelligence and decided to follow it.
I remind you that Commodore Gally is COMPNOR.
Great reference chart! Thx!

As I said, both the imperial Captain Adalver and Commodore Gally (being COMPNOR, which is an Intelligence-like agency) insignias look fine; also the Admiral in the latest section; my only gripe is with the male Commodore Commander Vaughn (sorry, forgot the name right now, the one in white uniform who welcomes the Inquisitor in Hosnian Prime). He is referred as "Commander", and looks and feels senior to Adalver, yet only have a two red-two blue insignia. Also, white uniforms are usually only used by high ranking Navy officers, so a lieutenant-grade rank insignia does not fit too well there.

If I can ask for something for the next episode... more Kleio please!!!! Character is awesome, both for lore and for the looks (waiting for NSFW scenes with her too). ;)

Edited: Played again to get the names of the officers, edited above. Sorry, I mixed 'Commodore' and 'Commander' in the post above before editing.

Last edited:
Reactions: yandex

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure about Commander Vaugh - you might be right about his insignias. I don't remember what I used to check his insignias at the time. But I'm sure that white uniform isn't exclusive to high ranked navy officers. The ISB officers use white uniforms with black pants. Director Krennic from Rogue One is a fine example

In the Navy white uniforms is something very very rare, only seen with Admiral Thrawn (Grand Admiral). In the movies and even animated series all high ranking Navy officers use the grey-green uniform. Check Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Piet, and other Admirals for instance.

Also, keep in mind that the story is happening 2 years after the end of the Clone Wars. The Imperial military is just changing from the previous military standards. Imperial insignias and uniform may be different from the animated series (Rebels) or anything from the Rise of the Empire timeline.

And COMPNOR isn't properly and Intelligence agency. For that there are the Imperial Intelligence that is a military branch under the Imperial High Command and there's the ISB that is under a different hierarchy. It's like the Military intelligence and the CIA in the United States if you will. Different branches doing similar job. The COMPNOR is like the ISB, but it deals more with propaganda and indoctrination instead of intelligence. Of course, overlapping happens more than often.
ISB and COMPNOR officers might be assigned authority over the military by Imperial decree. That's the case with Director Krennic in Rogue One.

Last edited:

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
A true pleasure to exchange words about lore with a well-versed SW connoisseur (really, not joking) :)

Just been digging a bit more on this, and you're right. According to , all-white uniforms were mostly exclusive of Grand Admirals, while in the Behind The Scenes section they mention that white uniforms with black trousers were also tailored for the Intelligence community.

white attire is expected, as the department which he directed belonged to and to the during the .

mention that his uniform is based on those of the ISB indeed, inspired on the one wore by (a high ranking ISB officer from A New Hope, and additionally as a dramatic resource to contrast with Vader all black suit).

About COMPNOR... The was in fact one of the two main sub-branches of COMPNOR internal structrure (dealing with Intelligence), while it's sister is the other one (focused on propaganda and behavioral sciences).

Last edited:
Reactions: yandex

duo9ace

Dec 8, 2020
This is really great! And truthfully, this is waaaay better than any of the bullshit Disney is producing. Keep up the good work! One of the few games with an awesome story and awesome smut!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup ... a super man level deux ex makina suit with a name, there is your brilliance ... suuure thing.
Manda hoo haa larian is what SW universe gets when relying on made up super heroes to save them.

Remember the 1st SW ... that shoot em up guy with a ship ... he got freezed in carbon.
That means a human hero, surely not a made up invincible, impossibly bright and all over the place super mannian.

I like this game for the believable way chars keep their humanity and still are engaging,
waay better than some cowboy who never misses, never tires, never takes a break.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I had enough of the overpowered vader from the comics and a lot of impossible scenes from various movies.
Why would anyone need or want someone on the grey resistance colors of the specturm acting just the same?
Making some small life snippets of the man behind the suit does not equal actually fleshing out the character.
They still are alike, when they don their suits, it is like they are invincible, so 4 me - any jedy is more human than them.

I have to admit, latest movies kind of made a better portrait of the man behind the suit.

But manda is actively wearing the suit like vader, all the time, anywhere, so my impression could come from there.

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes